Author Topic: Peter Moore CEO  (Read 45466 times)

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Peter Moore CEO
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2017, 01:58:39 am »
It's a videogames company with a reputation for being fully profit driven to the detriment of a quality product, being the driver behind various anti consumer practices in the videogames industry and buying out talented video game production studios and then killing them off though bad management.

They've won multiple "worst company in America" titles: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-named-worst-company-in-america-by-consumerist/1100-6406640/

Oh .... thanks.... that's encouraging :/

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2017, 02:34:35 am »
Well at least he seems like he actually cares about the club

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EEmjIm8P9Y8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EEmjIm8P9Y8</a>
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2017, 02:44:06 am »
This is his caricature on South Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvhzwQeYJ3E
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2017, 02:45:12 am »
Does he have a Harley? I like my CEO's who have one.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2017, 02:47:52 am »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2017, 02:55:41 am »
His twitter. But hes' got it protected.  ;D

https://twitter.com/petermooreEA

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2017, 02:56:35 am »
Have no idea whether he is the right choice or not, will be watching this coming summer with interest.

What i would like from a CEO is transparency with the supporters - the truth. No more PR bullshit, that players don't want to come because we aren't in London (even though nothing stops the Manchester clubs buying top talent), players won't come because we aren't in Champions League (even though once again nothing stops Chelsea, United, and others buying top talent when they aren't in it). Honest, not treating the fans like bloody idiots. None of this 'we can buy the best talent in the world' to supporters, when the actual philosophy is something else.

Secondly, and fundamentally i want the CEO to be in tune with the manager - harmony with the manager, singing from the same hym sheet. Even though it's FSG paying his wages and ultimately in control of his destiny, for him to be a success he has to support Klopp in what he wants. An overall budget worked out, full honesty with Klopp and get the talent Klopp wants. Not mess Klopp around and try to spin him with excuses. Not be a slave to FSG and save the club money at the expense of on field talent. Nothing but honesty with Klopp. If Klopp fails and you've given him your full support then it's on his head.

Case in scenario Klopp wants player X. CEO obviously wants to please his pay masters by not paying out huge wages, or spending so much on one talent. Instead of telling Klopp honestly his feelings, he spins him with excuses. FSG is happy, but Klopp is tied.

Brendan Rodgers briefings with the press clearly identify disharmony with him and those in the background at the club - players he didn't want being forced on him, missing out on players he wanted, and constant excuses fed to him. That has to stop. Harmony with the manager and honesty. If you don't trust the manager, then move on.

Thirdly, sort the scouting system out. If the scouts are identifying players that Klopp doesn't want (or playing a money saving agenda for FSG) then he must fix the issue. No scout or player recruitment official should be working on a remit for FSG, but all for Klopp or whoever the manager is. If Scouts are giving the manager a choice of Balotelli or Eto as a striker - they must be sacked that second. If the scouts cannot identify one left back that is obtainable then they should be sacked that minute. This is crucial that he gets the whole scouting and player recruitment working in one sync.

He must never start playing player manager, and feeling he knows more than the manager. Never do a Purslow, and start dismissing certain players, over your own preferred selections. Never.

Forth, get the bloody players in. Don't do an Ayre, try and drive the pr ice down by a few million, miss out on the player and then have to get the third or forth choice in. Get the bloody deals done without fuss. Get the players Klopp wants.

That's all i want.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:27:41 am by AaronSingh25 »

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2017, 04:23:17 am »
Can't be worse than Ayre, but I've got nothing but criticism for EA, so, who knows.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2017, 04:51:17 am »
He is a Liverpool fan through and through. I believe he will look to go to town with FSG on transfers.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2017, 06:40:25 am »
I must be one of the few who's excited by this appointment. He was well regarded by those who worked with him during his time at microsoft, helping it to grow it's video game market share with the XBOX 360. EA has always been a shitty company bleeding it's customers and developers dry before peter moore ever joined, I doubt he's responsible for that. Honestly from what I know of the man I feel pretty good about this so I'm not sure why there's so much angst on here, it's not as if we've had it so great CEO wise up until now anyway.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2017, 06:46:38 am »
I will tell you if he was a good appointment in a couple of years time..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2017, 07:12:54 am »
In my humble experience, I can honestly say that EA is a terribly shit company that has poor customer relations, poor relations with their partner companies (that do most of the programming work for them), and poor employee relations.

Therefore, the man we hired must be shit. Well, at the very least, we know that the team will now always arrive late for games, sometimes during the game the players will just stop with no explanations whatsoever, and the fix will be to constantly patch the club with irrelevant improvements and create more and more issues that become impossible to fix. Then he will leave, and say that you guys all must have enjoyed the experience, please pay more money to buy season tickets for next year.

Something like that.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2017, 07:32:56 am »
He is a Liverpool fan through and through. I believe he will look to go to town with FSG on transfers.

Nonsense. FSG are his bosses, and whom he works for. Why on earth would he look to take them on? He would have been made clear what they want from him, the parameters, the budgets, etc - and he chose to take the job on.

He's not Ian Ayre, that helps for a start. Hope he brings a degree of honesty to the table and not treat fans as if they are idiots, hope he can conclude transfers far better than Ayre ever did - costing us some darn good transfers by messing around trying to look like a clever sausage by saving a few bob, only for X player to be snapped up by our rivals.

However, it's not his fault if FSG keep the purse strings closed, and not look to invest anymore in us - all he can do is try and improve us within the parameters they set.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:40:32 am by AaronSingh25 »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2017, 07:49:22 am »
Nonsense. FSG are his bosses, and whom he works for. Why on earth would he look to take them on? He would have been made clear what they want from him, the parameters, the budgets, etc - and he chose to take the job on.

He's not Ian Ayre, that helps for a start. Hope he brings a degree of honesty to the table and not treat fans as if they are idiots, hope he can conclude transfers far better than Ayre ever did - costing us some darn good transfers by messing around trying to look like a clever sausage by saving a few bob, only for X player to be snapped up by our rivals.

However, it's not his fault if FSG keep the purse strings closed, and not look to invest anymore in us - all he can do is try and improve us within the parameters they set.
Maybe we should just see how it goes...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2017, 07:50:48 am »
Maybe we should just see how it goes...

Awful logic.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2017, 07:52:57 am »
My worst fear has been avoided...

Purslow leaving Chelsea really worried me.
W

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2017, 07:59:30 am »

His twitter bio is Card carrying member of the Red Sox Nation all you need to know about his attitude to the way things should be done

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2017, 08:17:10 am »
Funny world we live in.  I looked at his cv and thought he didn't have much sports experience.

But these days EA is very deeply embedded in the sporting world...

What does a CEO actually do?
W

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2017, 08:22:12 am »
Funny world we live in.  I looked at his cv and thought he didn't have much sports experience.

But these days EA is very deeply embedded in the sporting world...

What does a CEO actually do?

Get ridiculed on fan forums and counter sign cheques.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2017, 08:44:16 am »
Another person in charge with no experience in the football world. Announced just after another shite defeat to try take the attention away
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2017, 08:49:14 am »
Very good decision, since its only on EA Sports' FIFA 2017 that we can be winning games, cups and titles now.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2017, 08:52:06 am »

Not how it's done.

You need to decide now if he is evil, or pure evil, even though you hadn't heard of him until 5 minutes ago but will happily make a decision like you've followed his life since he was born.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2017, 09:16:07 am »

Is the right answer.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2017, 09:31:19 am »
Give the bloke a chance

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2017, 09:32:46 am »

"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2017, 09:39:49 am »
Yep. We can only really tell in a couple years once he's had a chance to do his job, if its a good appointment.

My thing is.....since FSG came here I've wanted some football knowledge in our hierarchy. I know we have some non-execs like Kenny that are on the board. Don't know much about his influence there...

Was hoping our CEO would know a thing or two about this game as he has the ultimate influence on the football side of things.

But yeah, we'll see
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2017, 09:40:57 am »
Yep. We can only really tell in a couple years once he's had a chance to do his job, if its a good appointment.

My thing is.....since FSG came here I've wanted some football knowledge in our hierarchy. I know we have some non-execs like Kenny that are on the board. Don't know much about his influence there...

Was hoping our CEO would know a thing or two about this game as he has the ultimate influence on the football side of things.

But yeah, we'll see

Let's be honest, the number of football experienced CEO's out there, ideally with links to Liverpool, are very very very few and far between.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2017, 10:14:59 am »

Thirdly, sort the scouting system out. If the scouts are identifying players that Klopp doesn't want (or playing a money saving agenda for FSG) then he must fix the issue. No scout or player recruitment official should be working on a remit for FSG, but all for Klopp or whoever the manager is. If Scouts are giving the manager a choice of Balotelli or Eto as a striker - they must be sacked that second. If the scouts cannot identify one left back that is obtainable then they should be sacked that minute. This is crucial that he gets the whole scouting and player recruitment working in one sync.

He must never start playing player manager, and feeling he knows more than the manager. Never do a Purslow, and start dismissing certain players, over your own preferred selections. Never.

Forth, get the bloody players in. Don't do an Ayre, try and drive the pr ice down by a few million, miss out on the player and then have to get the third or forth choice in. Get the bloody deals done without fuss. Get the players Klopp wants.

That's all i want.

Aren't lots of the points you make now the remit of Michael Edwards as Sporting Director? In the new structure FSG are putting in place, i thought CEO wouldn't be responsible for scouting or player recruitment/contracts.

From what i've read the new CEO role will be different, and probably more narrow in terms of role, to what Ian Ayre performed. This is driven by the restructuring of the senior management - Michael Edwards as Sporting Director, Billy Hogan as MD and Chief Commercial Officer and Andrew Hughes as COO.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2017, 10:26:59 am »
Those EA guys know their football, hopefully they can find us another B. Plank.

Haha, that takes me way back. B. Plank was my all time favourite player.
Such fantastic news I've actually forgotten we played a game yesterday.
Kudos to the PR.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:28:54 am by Doc Red »
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2017, 10:28:36 am »
Let's be honest, the number of football experienced CEO's out there, ideally with links to Liverpool, are very very very few and far between.

CEO position would be ideal. Even someone with football experience doesn't have to be a fan.

But if not then im sure there are people out there with experience of how the game works on the off-pitch side of things that can be put in a position of influence within our hierarchy

Unless we have these people already and I am unaware?
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2017, 10:29:40 am »
Our new CEO!  ;D

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2017, 10:32:20 am »
Can't be worse than Ayre, but I've got nothing but criticism for EA, so, who knows.

Same. I hope he'll do good. And I will give him the benefit of the doubt. But EA can sucks some hairy balls.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2017, 10:38:52 am »
Give the bloke a chance
yep

amazing how some will write off a guy they know nothing about before he even has a chance to do anything.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2017, 10:41:51 am »
Great signing, always trust an executive who got his degree from one of the educational powerhouses.

Oxford, Cambridge...Keele

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2017, 10:44:17 am »
Whether you like them or not EA is an incredibly complicated business that is also extremely successful.

He worked wonders for Xbox and EA Sports have really improved their offerings since he joined. Remember when PES was the go-to football game.

He also has vast experience of sponsorship and licensing deals which is the bread and butter for a sports business. He will know anyone who is anyone in football and most other sports.

We will judge him in a few years, but on paper this makes perfect sense.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2017, 10:45:52 am »

You obviously don't remember Rick 'Coco' Parry?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2017, 10:58:59 am »
There have been opportunities in the past, Broughton, Barwick, Kenyon, Edelman, Dein. It doesn't matter what preferences people have personality wise, they all would have been an asset to the club in terms of their football experience, particularly Barwick.

I do not think that links to Liverpool are an important factor, but in Barwick's case would have helped. A broader knowledge of the English game is what we are missing. Man U have been assiduous at cultivating involvement with the FA and UEFA over the years, we have no-one.

Moore seems to be a credible multi media and brand development figure. But ultimately the brand, the opportunities, are driven by what is happening on the pitch. No point in having a Ferrari if there is no petrol in it.

Ayre was held as a commercial guru, yet our commercial performance improvement only tracked industry trends, and as a proportion of our revenue, improved less than our key competitors ( mainly because they were doing better on the pitch). NESV were, and Henry/Werner in particular,  held up as sports rights experts, yet no naming rights were secured to offset a new stadium, or new Main Stand, costs.

I have no particular problem with the appointment of Moore himself. He may well have numerous transferable skills and be a success. I do despair that being well run is now enough. The innovation which took us from a second division outfit in the early  60's, to the most powerful and successful club side in Europe in the 80's, is nowhere to be seen.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2017, 11:03:42 am »
Not how it's done.

You need to decide now if he is evil, or pure evil, even though you hadn't heard of him until 5 minutes ago but will happily make a decision like you've followed his life since he was born.
Don't think this argument applies since a lot of people are gamers and are obviously aware of him. EA are pretty well known for having anti consumer practices which Moore has defended/pushed in the past.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2017, 11:08:08 am »
There have been opportunities in the past, Broughton, Barwick, Kenyon, Edelman, Dein. It doesn't matter what preferences people have personality wise, they all would have been an asset to the club in terms of their football experience, particularly Barwick.

Dein has stated a few times he's not interested in another club job after Arsenal (plus the guy is 73). We apparently approached him and Barwick (who I'd have liked to have come in in some role, have said that a few times) but neither were looking to be a club CEO.

Broughton had zero football background (working) before being employed by (for) us.

Kenyon went from working for Umbro to working at United (in the commercial department to begin with, kind of like Ayre's path)

Edelman worked numerous management positons before becoming MD at Arsenal - none of them football related.

Barwick headed up numerous sports media departments (BBC, ITV, etc) before becoming involved directly in football at the FA.

Dein himself wasn't involved in football prior to buying a share in Arsenal and getting a role there.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2017, 11:10:11 am »
Whether you like them or not EA is an incredibly complicated business that is also extremely successful.

He worked wonders for Xbox and EA Sports have really improved their offerings since he joined. Remember when PES was the go-to football game.

He also has vast experience of sponsorship and licensing deals which is the bread and butter for a sports business. He will know anyone who is anyone in football and most other sports.

We will judge him in a few years, but on paper this makes perfect sense.

Not many fans customers of EA have any positive things to say about them or the way their sports division is run.

Good news for the business side perhaps, not so much for the football side or customers fans.

I don't think the PR team have mentioned it, but...he's a top red! The toppest of top reds. Someone needs to get back on to Jen Chang and tell him they're hiring again.