Author Topic: Peter Moore CEO  (Read 45469 times)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Re: Peter Moore CEO
« Reply #280 on: May 5, 2017, 02:23:53 pm »
Heard him interviewed on the radio and it was like a game of LFC bullshit bingo
Legacy fan

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #281 on: May 5, 2017, 03:56:35 pm »
So it would appear to be the general concensus that he is not suitable for us based on a South Park episode?

I despair.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: May 5, 2017, 04:07:09 pm »
He's here to bleed the fam dry, arsed.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #283 on: May 5, 2017, 04:08:16 pm »
So it would appear to be the general concensus that he is not suitable for us based on a South Park episode?

I despair.

I imagine a lot of animators and the like are gamers and EA are the devil incarnate to them - so yes he should be sacked with immediate effect.  :D

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: May 5, 2017, 04:14:33 pm »
On this bit,

“He does so much that people have no idea about.

“He’s a regular guy, who goes to the movies with his family.

“A very involved father, that does what dads do with their kids - and they go to regular schools.

“The foundation he has set up with his wife is doing big projects. He wants to cure the world of malaria. He wants to make sure that no children in Africa are born with Aids, he just wants to make a difference.”

Is he still on about Bill Gates or is he talking about himself?

Imagine the fume if he rids the World of Malaria and AIDS but can't win us the league.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 5, 2017, 05:13:58 pm »
Imagine the fume if he rids the World of Malaria and AIDS but can't win us the league.

FSG Out?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 5, 2017, 06:10:07 pm »
A guy who South Park parodied as being a corrupt, greedy bastard as our CEO is very us to be honest

Maybe that's the kind of person we need?  Liverpool haven't got very far playing nice have they?

Everybody knew Luis was a bit of a cnut on the pitch, but we didn't care because he was OUR cnut.  As long as the cnut is fighting our corner and making lives difficult for our opponents then cnut he can be for all I care. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 5, 2017, 10:44:29 pm »
FSG Out?

Not arsed.  He's only here to get every penny possible from the worldwide fam and sell the none existent atmosphere to the Far East.  Makes no difference to the City of Liverpool or what we do on the pitch.  It'd be nice if he stuck to his local roots and tried to get more Scouse kids back into the match but that only has long term benefits so can't see him changing the strategy or anything.  Makes no difference to me really.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #288 on: May 5, 2017, 11:33:19 pm »
The lack of leaders at the top of the club with actual experience in the sport is depressing. It's all very well appointing a self-professed fan, but how about someone who has spent decades leading a club for a change of pace, rather than yet another corporate?
I wouldn't want someone from the last century. He could be a breath of fresh air at last.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: May 5, 2017, 11:47:32 pm »
'kin hell, using South Park as a reference to beat the fella with before he's even started, forgetting the fact that South Park takes the absoloute piss out of anyone in a position of power.

Not only has Moore been a very decent link between fans of the gaming world and the industry itself, he knows how to work a crowd, he knows how to get on side with the press and knows how to manage a massive company in EA, he'll do fine here, it may be a completely different situation on the outside, but when it comes down to it, he's a suit that gets things done on behalf of the owners and the management teams.

He's also a Red so will only want what's best for the club and for fans like him.

Give the fella a chance before completely writing him off eh?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #290 on: May 5, 2017, 11:54:25 pm »
Let's take the person with the most credibility we can, goes to every game, lives and breathes the club and (most probably) has not been corrupted by running a successful business.

Let's find that person and give him the CEO job for 5 years

And let's see where we are in 5 years

Or

Possibly not.....

He's Peter Moore, not Pol Pot
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Art of Lies

• The anime Effes. RAWK never forgets the tentacles.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #291 on: May 6, 2017, 12:08:54 pm »
'kin hell, using South Park as a reference to beat the fella with before he's even started, forgetting the fact that South Park takes the absoloute piss out of anyone in a position of power.

Not only has Moore been a very decent link between fans of the gaming world and the industry itself
and:
He's also a Red so will only want what's best for the club and for fans like him.

Give the fella a chance before completely writing him off eh?
Tell me you are not his mum? All joking aside how can you say this with a straight face?

EA was voted the most hated and worst company years in a row for very good reasons, one of which was actually banning people from having access to the games they owned if they said something they did not like on their forums. Let that sink in for a minute...

The man you claim was a decent link between fans of gaming and the industry was hated for what he did not only for who he represented. Moore presided over a money-grab of epic proportions, gamers paying €60 for a game which had part of its content locked or stripped out from day one of release to get them to pay a extra €20 for content that was shown to be part of the base game. To put that in context it is a bit like going to the cinema to see the latest film only to be told at the box office that you only get to see a cut version of the film unless you pay 33% more for your ticket.

To prove Moore himself was not only aware of this but fully approved of this money-grabbing scheme I will leave you with a quote of his from a game industry publication.

"The other key thing is selling digital content on the day of launch...When we sold Mass Effect 3 back in March, we saw a 40 percent attach rate that first week to DLC at GameStop in the United States. Not only are you selling a $60 game...you're selling $20 DLC, so the sale becomes $80,"

This has nothing to with South Park and to suggest that is insulting the intelligence of people, including those with a very justified hatred of companies like EA. Obviously a company or football club needs competent managers and there is nothing wrong with making a profit from running a business but there are limits to everything, and EA is known for going far beyond just crossing that line, and Moore was a part of that, and fully behind that strategy.
'If I had known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.'

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #292 on: May 6, 2017, 12:32:41 pm »
Good.

About time we got someone ruthless and wanted the best for Liverpool. Who won't take shit off the Premier league, Refs association, Uefa or Fifa.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: May 6, 2017, 07:14:06 pm »
Good.

About time we got someone ruthless and wanted the best for Liverpool. Who won't take shit off the Premier league, Refs association, Uefa or Fifa.

Agree.  As long as he treats the Liverpool fanbase with respect and uses the qualities you mention to get right in the faces of the Prem and our rivals then he should be fine.

If the last 20 years have taught us anything it's that playing nice and by the rules wont get you very far.  We need to get nasty, on and off the pitch.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #294 on: May 6, 2017, 07:47:37 pm »
Good.

Totally agree.

It's about time Liverpool FC had a CEO who enjoyed fleecing fans, milking money from people who love their 'products', and generally carrying a disdain for sentimental value.

He's exactly what the club needs.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 6, 2017, 07:48:49 pm »
Totally agree.

It's about time Liverpool FC had a CEO who enjoyed fleecing fans, milking money from people who love their 'products', and generally carrying a disdain for sentimental value.

It's in the game.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #296 on: May 6, 2017, 07:52:48 pm »
The man you claim was a decent link between fans of gaming and the industry was hated for what he did not only for who he represented. Moore presided over a money-grab of epic proportions, gamers paying €60 for a game which had part of its content locked or stripped out from day one of release to get them to pay a extra €20 for content that was shown to be part of the base game. To put that in context it is a bit like going to the cinema to see the latest film only to be told at the box office that you only get to see a cut version of the film unless you pay 33% more for your ticket.

To prove Moore himself was not only aware of this but fully approved of this money-grabbing scheme I will leave you with a quote of his from a game industry publication.

This has nothing to with South Park and to suggest that is insulting the intelligence of people, including those with a very justified hatred of companies like EA. Obviously a company or football club needs competent managers and there is nothing wrong with making a profit from running a business but there are limits to everything, and EA is known for going far beyond just crossing that line, and Moore was a part of that, and fully behind that strategy.
This is spot on.

That doesn't mean he'll be a bad CEO for the club, but what I would say is that we ought at least be prepared for this kind of strategy for Liverpool - IE a ruthless monetisation of everything possible, with a distinct possiblity of fans being treated as cash-cows to be milked. EA has a justified reputation for not just making profits and milking games for all they're worth - but taking over well-respected and well-run gaming studios and turning their key titles into cash cows and pretty much gutting the teams that built up those franchises in the first place. He may well be respected by shareholders, but there is no way he's respected by gamers, and with good reason.

What I would guess, in particular, with this appointment, is a serious effort to profit from club streaming of games. Financially, I suspect his background and contacts could prove extremely useful and lucrative, and in that sense it seems like a forward-looking approach. That he's from Liverpool and apparently a life-long fan is perhaps a hopeful sign, that could perhaps temper or at least add a different dimension to his business-head.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: May 6, 2017, 09:04:52 pm »
When did he come to Anfield? Never seen the pics of him with Klopp or under the 'this is anfield' sign before.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #298 on: May 6, 2017, 09:20:02 pm »
Hahahah South Park on RAWK. Fucking brilliant.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: May 6, 2017, 11:30:51 pm »
Totally agree.

Unfortunately, Sheikh Mo is not coming to Liverpool any time soon. Therefore, our only option is to find a ruthless businessman who will turn us into a commercial powerhouse. Ugly, but necessary.

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #300 on: May 7, 2017, 12:30:57 am »
I think the point was that neither 'Sheikh Mo' nor a CEO that 'fleeces fans' is preferred.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 7, 2017, 12:52:04 am »
Anyone got a link to the South Park episode? I shall form my opinion on the man once I have seen what Cartman and the gang have to say about him.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 7, 2017, 06:31:32 am »
and:Tell me you are not his mum? All joking aside how can you say this with a straight face?

EA was voted the most hated and worst company years in a row for very good reasons, one of which was actually banning people from having access to the games they owned if they said something they did not like on their forums. Let that sink in for a minute...

That's it, I stopped gaming 6 years ago, but that is the kind of greed that makes you hate an organization.
I already don't like this guy. Unless he does things which takes this club to places we haven't reached in 30 years, he is going to be in the black book.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 7, 2017, 07:27:42 am »
A lot of bed wetting going on in here.

Yes, EA are shit. Are they successful? Yes.

Is gaming a shit industry? Yes. Is football also a shit industry? Certainly.

Hope that's cleared it up.

People moan about FSG not wanting success, then they hire one of the most ruthless bastards going, who presided over EA being incredibly successful.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #304 on: May 7, 2017, 08:35:28 am »
A lot of bed wetting going on in here.

Yes, EA are shit. Are they successful? Yes.

Is gaming a shit industry? Yes. Is football also a shit industry? Certainly.

Hope that's cleared it up.

People moan about FSG not wanting success, then they hire one of the most ruthless bastards going, who presided over EA being incredibly successful.

That is the key to this appointment. We don't have to like him, want to go for a pint and invite him to be the best man at our wedding; what we have to do is respect the history of success that he has and hope that he can replicate that success for us.

This does not mean we lie back and take anything they throw at us. We need to make a noise if they try to fleece fans or act in ways that will cause damage to the club but we can't be jumping up and down and moaning about the bloody gaming industry. If EA didn't do it then all they were going to do was fall behind the rest of the industry - it would have been ridiculous not to, from a business perspective.

We have plenty of people complain that we didn't take advantage of the club's marketability in the 90's when clubs like Utd had their shiny superstore and all that - well here is a guy who just might get us on the front foot.

Until there is evidence that he is going to be detrimental to the club and the fans why not just pull yourselves together and stop waiting for the sky to fall.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 7, 2017, 08:42:41 am »
The issue seems to be an assumption that this guy is going to shit all over the fanbase, rob them blind, and generally treat them like crap because he's done it at EA.

If Peter Moore is really a lifelong matchgoing Liverpool fan, then surely he would know this would not be a good strategy to employ?  He only needs to be reminded that it's 10 years since Hicks and Gillett bought the club...

Popcorn's Art

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #306 on: May 7, 2017, 09:22:46 am »
Good.

He was ruthless on the supporters and players of games produced by EA. EA were the pioneers for the free2play but pay2win structure that started 7 odd years ago then they shifted to pay2play AND pay4full game features or stages.
He will be ruthless and he will want what's best for Liverpool, but judging by his very successful track record, what's best for Liverpool revolves around thefinancial bottom line and maximising revenues from the massive fan base rather than the points you've mentioned.

I only wish we had hired someone with more of a footballing background to head the football side of things whilst also bringing in Moore. I see Moore as a replacement for Ayre, but Ayre was effectively overseeing two roles.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #307 on: May 7, 2017, 11:22:09 am »
I couldn't give two shits about the gaming industry. I don't play them, never have.

You can take any CEO from any industry and there will be skeletons in the closet.

How about we get the CEO from Volkswagon who manipulated their emissions controls and are now paying billions in fines.

There is no Snow White rich billionaire person out there who will ride in on a white horse to save us by lowering ticket prices, making thousands of tickets available to kids, and spends his own fortune on players so as not to put debt on the club.

The only thing Peter Moore will be judged on is his time at Liverpool.

Ian Ayer wasn't always the most popular either. Good things have happened during his time, as well as poor things.

The same will be true under any CEO we get.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 7, 2017, 11:42:36 am »
The same will be true under any CEO we get.

It may sound a bit tinfoil hat, but as you say, you don't get to be CEO of a huge corporation by being a really nice guy and doing everything friendly as you can to consumers.

I won't be pleased if we get fleeced for everything, obviously, but we might not be able to have it both ways.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #309 on: May 7, 2017, 11:52:10 am »
Who knows, maybe he'll make us enough money to enable us to buy whoever the hell we want to...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #310 on: May 7, 2017, 12:02:30 pm »
Who knows, maybe he'll make us enough money to enable us to buy whoever the hell we want to...

I quite like the idea of buying a ticket, but then having to pay £9.99 if you want to be able to stand during the game, £4.99 for being able to sing, £39.99 for a wave from Klopp. Could make us shitloads if he plays his cards right.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #311 on: May 7, 2017, 12:06:58 pm »
I quite like the idea of buying a ticket, but then having to pay £9.99 if you want to be able to stand during the game, £4.99 for being able to sing, £39.99 for a wave from Klopp. Could make us shitloads if he plays his cards right.
:lmao

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #312 on: May 7, 2017, 12:11:56 pm »
I quite like the idea of buying a ticket, but then having to pay £9.99 if you want don't to stand during the game, £4.99 for not having to sing, and £39.99 fine if you wear a half-n-half scarf

Tweaked this slightly ;D

Offline WhingingMoaningUpstart

• 'The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It’s the way I see football, the way I see life.' Bill Shankly
  • Anny Roader
  • Al-Monstart Ibn Paisley Ibn Shankly
« Reply #313 on: May 7, 2017, 12:14:05 pm »
While serving as CEO of EA Sports between 4/8/2011 and 9/12/2015, the company's stock price rose from ~$15 to $70.
A CEO who presided over a 466% growth in market capitalization in just a little over four years is someone who needs to be taken seriously. 

RAWK, where childish mods protect their cliques and punish dissenting voices.

Socialism is not communism.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: May 7, 2017, 12:16:32 pm »

;D

Can we pay £4.99 to make some of the other grumpy fuckers join in the singing instead, I do mine for free...

Fucking hell that FIFA Ultimate Team shit is a licence to print money, when I worked in a school the kids would spend literally all their money on it. I've got a mate whos 32 and still spends £50 a month on it the divvy!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 7, 2017, 07:04:23 pm »
Surprised the atmosphere wasn't better today with all the excitement over his appointment.

His song didn't even get an airing.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: May 8, 2017, 03:11:26 pm »
and:Tell me you are not his mum? All joking aside how can you say this with a straight face?

The South Park thing was because of something someone said on the last page, so do a bit of reading first. and Yes, i did type my post out with a straight face.

For far to fucking long we've been push overs when it comes to getting things over the line, whether it be contracts, transfers, commercial opportunities ect, so Moore coming in is a fucking god send, the fella is a money grabber and will do everything in his power to increase the revenue and the global branding of the company he's tied to. He's fucking ruthless and it's about time we had someone like him at the helm.

as for being hated by a lot of people, that's fair enough, but go and watch any kind of gaming expo where he's on stage, he not only has a presence to whip people into a frenzy of excitement, he has the know how and the expertise in playing to a crowd, him also being a red will have a major advantage for us, because he may be a suit, he may be there to fleece every single avenue dry, but he's still a fan of the club so will only have the clubs best interests at heart.

As for EA being the most hated company around, who gives a shit? People still went out and spent millions on FIFA ect, when there are alternative games out there. EA are and always have been somewhat at the forefront of sports gaming, yes they haven't always competed on the footballing front (Konami did kick their arse for years with PES,) but FIFA's sales have never dwindled as a result, it's always made money, it's always generated profit for little effort and it's what we need now, we need this club to go from a soft touch to a ruthless bastard that will make players heads turn toward us knowing full well that we won't be pushed over.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: June 1, 2017, 10:00:38 am »
So, what is the opex of a player?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: June 1, 2017, 10:05:21 am »
Won't spend £100m because Man City are spending £100m?

Erm Peter they will be spending £300m
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: June 1, 2017, 10:07:28 am »
Bit of a bizarre interview to be honest. All the noises from the club are how we're going to compete with the big boys this summer. Then he comes out managing expectations. A bit Moyesish