Author Topic: Disney Theme Parks  (Read 40998 times)

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
Re: Walt Disney World, Florida
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2013, 09:05:28 pm »
if I didn't have kids I wouldn't be too bothered about most of Disney either :D unless you actually like meeting people in cartoon suits ;D
I love Tigger (the kids had a Winnie the Pooh themed bedroom) and Debs got really worried as I had been gone for ages. She found me and the kids in the queue waiting to see Tigger and I got my photo taken with him. Hoo-hoo-huh-hoo....;D
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 09:07:44 pm »
Don't buy your tickets on ebay!!

Saw the horrible sight of a family of 4 being refused at the turnstiles. I know it's common sense but you know some people will still fall foul.

We went without children a few years ago and stayed on i-drive and took the bus to the parks. Was a bit of a hassle so we ended up taking a pool car/taxi from a guy who sounded just like jerry springer. Because we took the bus we often got there 30 mins before opening time and invariably you'd just get let in. We were at Universal, went on the Hulk, Simpsons and Spiderman before the park officially opened.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 09:26:15 pm »
If you don't listen to TheKid, then you're a fool.

He's more American than mom's apple pie. Honest t'god.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2013, 09:27:19 pm »
I got married there too Chopper, not sure if you knew that...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »
I got married there too Chopper, not sure if you knew that...
Thats why my arse felt so saw in the morning?

:P

;D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Walt Disney World, Florida
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2013, 10:05:53 pm »
I love Tigger (the kids had a Winnie the Pooh themed bedroom) and Debs got really worried as I had been gone for ages. She found me and the kids in the queue waiting to see Tigger and I got my photo taken with him. Hoo-hoo-huh-hoo....;D
;D
I will admit I managed to get in the back of my 2 daughter's picture with spongebob too ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Re: Walt Disney World, Florida
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 10:38:28 am »
looks like it's summit plummit for you in blizzard beach then.
Don't mind saying I cacked it a bit at the top of that slide ;D until the 10 year old in front of me just didn't seem to be bothered by it (the cocky little shit ;D)

I've been giving it the big I am about rollercoasters and stuff, because my missus and her brother and sister got shitscared at Alton Towers over Oblivion....

But yeah I've seen Summit Plummet on youtube and that might take some bollocks to do.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Re: Walt Disney World, Florida
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2013, 11:36:05 am »
I've been giving it the big I am about rollercoasters and stuff, because my missus and her brother and sister got shitscared at Alton Towers over Oblivion....

But yeah I've seen Summit Plummet on youtube and that might take some bollocks to do.
don't mind rollercoasters because your strapped in to a seat, but throwing yourself straight down a MASSIVE vertical drop made me think twice when I got to the edge, well worth it in the end though
Of course when I got back to the kids and missus I never admitted any of this ;D 'nah it was nothing' I think my words were

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2013, 02:31:35 pm »
I am not a big fan of rollercoasters at all so stayed off all of them whilst in Florida but some of the rides that we went on that still live in the memory are (no particular order or park)
Popeye Rapids (Universal)
Men In Black
Toy Story
Spiderman (Universal Studios)
Test Track
Mission Space (both at Epcot)
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Runaway Train Mountain
Jurassic Park
Safari Rapids Ride at Busch Gardens

I wasn't keen on going on Mission:Space at Epcot but there were a few young kids in front of us who were going on again and they said it was great. The usual list of reasons not to ride the attraction was quite off putting but we went for it anyway. I always judge a ride by how big the harness is and I shit myself when the harness came down over me. The console moved so close that it was practically touching  us and then the countdown began.....to say I was crapping myself is an understatement and I found myself reaching for the sick bag as I knew I was gonna hurl but luckily enough the ride ended and I walked out. Funnily enough I looked as if I was from outer space as my face was green....
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2013, 03:33:55 pm »
My missus got claustrophobic for the first time in her life on Mission Space, to say she didn't enjoy it is an slight understatement ;D
I went on every ride in the whole of Orlando I think(not Busch gardens) ,you get bored of them in the end because there's so many of them

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »
if I didn't have kids I wouldn't be too bothered about most of Disney either :D unless you actually like meeting people in cartoon suits ;D

I do have a 3 year old, i think most of my time will be spent hunting characters down tbf!

My brother works for disney cruises so we're getting big discounts otherwise we'd never go!

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2013, 10:06:26 pm »
Disney Cruises are incredible.
What does your brother do on them?

Offline lauz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2013, 10:14:56 pm »
What does your brother do on them?

3rd officer at the minute, in all honesty as much as his job is helpful too me the experience is just wasted as i think its 8 hours working 8 hours off for 3 months so doesn't really get off the boat.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2013, 10:16:57 pm »
Yeah the crew work very hard!
Which ship is he on at the moment?

Offline lauz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2013, 10:45:59 pm »
Yeah the crew work very hard!
Which ship is he on at the moment?

at the moment hes doing a course in southampton so he can get a better job, i assume a 2nd mates or something! but they normally just go on the same ship each time!

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2013, 02:46:12 pm »
I've been 4 times, 3 times with parents and once last year with my mates as I'm
21 now. I genuinly love the place. Obviously as me and my mates were all 21 we went to a park pretty much every day as we didn't get to tired. But yes I would say schedule in a good amount of rest days/time for your kids. Pick which parks they most want to see. Plan as much as you can. I've always found disney transport brilliant myself, allowing you to jump across to other parks throughout the day (if you get a ticket that allows you to do that), eg over to mk or Epcot to watch fireworks after animal kingdom closes early. I would also say discovery cove is worth looking into, its a brilliant day and I'm sure the kids will love it although your bank account may not. Good luck with your planning and have a great time (I know you will)

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 04:49:15 am »
Thanks everyone so far, hope others who are planning on going are finding this thread useful.

Has anyone done the not so scary Halloween party at magic kingdom? Really not sure if we want to spend an additional $300 on evening tickets for this, but the Americans do manage to make occasions like this really good and it could be a good experience for the kids to experience Halloween USA style!

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 08:17:02 am »
I've not done MNSSHP but people say it's good.
Less queues for rides. People dressed up, trick or treating.
The Halloween firework display is the best of them all too.

As a Brit in sure you have a 7 or 14 day ticket, but Americans who don't often use the Halloween party as a cheap day, as it costs less than a one day ticket and you can get into the parks at 4

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2013, 01:21:05 pm »
Thanks everyone so far, hope others who are planning on going are finding this thread useful.

It is real useful.

We actually get back on the 25th, a day before you go. So if there's any vital tips I pick up I'm sure I'll do my best to get them to you before you go :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2013, 03:45:02 pm »
El Lobo back a day before you go Lenstar, phew lucky escape there mate ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2013, 03:54:16 pm »

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 5, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »
3 weeks now until we go, anyone else with any useful tips? Goo places to eat etc?

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 6, 2013, 07:16:24 am »
Thanks for tips. We are booked into rainforest cafe at AK, as heard lots of good things about it.

Not sure who is excited most, me or kids!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 6, 2013, 10:56:50 am »
3 weeks now until we go, anyone else with any useful tips? Goo places to eat etc?

Lucky sod!

Offline NewHampshire_Exile

• Ambassador
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.YNWA.TV
« Reply #65 on: October 6, 2013, 11:45:01 am »
If you like Italian food and want a change from fast food places then the Olive Garden is a lovely place to eat on nights off from visiting the parks. We loved it when we went last year and visited on more than one occasion.

http://www.olivegarden.com

if you like Italian food then avoid olive garden at all costs. Its a sit down fast food place. microwaved crap and the unlimited salad and breadsticks are heavily salted to try to get you to drink more.
Get yelp on your phone and look up somewhere decent.

heres a far better Italian chain.. http://www.yelp.com/biz/maggionos-little-italy-orlando

anyway- yelp is your friend..

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
« Reply #66 on: October 6, 2013, 12:06:00 pm »
The only advice I have is to go on a regular day during the week (Tuesday is good) during the US school term (avoid holidays) and don't go in the middle of summer. Went there with the wife last year in May and we saw everything without needing to wait in many long queues. Also, learn what a Fast Pass is and use it on busy rides like Winnine the Pooh etc. Good luck!
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 6, 2013, 01:07:44 pm »
Bahama Breeze International Drive,brilliant place!!

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 6, 2013, 03:34:08 pm »
I urge you to avoid the Planet Hollywood restaurant like the plague, unless you enjoy eating while simultaneously having your eardrums skewered with knitting needles and having multi coloured lights shone into your eyes like an MK Ultra style Michael Caine attack. Horrible fucking gaff. Honestly, the older kids might like it but you, the missus and the baby will be in hysterics with the noise and lights. And not sure if anyone's said this, but those Dinner Shows like the Pirates or Mediaeval Night, while the kids might like them, the food is fucking crap. Although we haven't been my sister said her kids loved the Wonder Works night.

Out of the "theme" type restaurants, you can't really go wrong with the T-Rex. There's a brilliant meteor show on the ceiling every half hour or so and loads for the older kids to see. The Disney character breakfasts and Cincerella's Castle are a great experience for the kids too. The Hard Rock is okish too, and the Nascar and NBA restaurants. all near Universal. Inside Universal, there's an old movie style restaurant where the tables are 50's cars, so the kids will probably love that too. And if they like Toy Story, there's the Planet Pizza restaurant from Toy story for them too in one of the Disney parks. Outside the parks, if your kids like hotdogs and milkshakes, the absolute best place in Orlando was Steak N Shake. The milkshakes were unbelievably nice. It'll be a cheapish too, maybe about $30 for the four of you, unless the baby is a hungry bastard and wants their own footlong chilli dog  :D  If it's pizza they like, Giordano's is worth trying too. I think both of these places were near to the Buena Vista shopping mall. For you and the missus, The Red Lobster was nice enough for a fish place, and the best rib restaurant was Tony Roma's on International Drive if you like them, and Bahama Breeze was nice too. 

And finally on food, if you want to save a few bob, the portions are fucking massive, even the kids ones. When we went the first time, our twins were only 7 and the eldest was 9, and none of them could eat a full kids meal on their own most nights unless they were really hungry after a full day at a park. We ended up getting 2 meals between the three of them on those nights. So depending how hungry your kids are, you'll sometimes only need one meal between the two older ones. There's also booklets with loads of money saving vouchers all over the place too. I wouldn't go out of my way to go to some of the places in the booklets, but if you're going to one anyway, you may as well save a couple of quid.

One thing I definitely wouldn't miss out on is one of the crazy golf places. Honestly. we had such a laugh doing that one night. I think Universal have opened up a couple as well this year. Not too expensive and the kids will most likely love it ( at least once!)

And if you've got the money for the Halloween Nights in Disney, honestly, it's well worth it. Absolutely fantastic night for the little ones and they'll get enough sweets to keep them quiet for a month. We didn't actually pay for the tickets though one of the times we went. We'd booked a table at Cinderella's Castle for a meal to coincide with the fireworks going off. Anyway, we rang guest services and told them that we wouldn't be able to get in with our normal 14 day passes, so they gave us tickets in the morning to get in for the night and told us that we could come anytime and may as well go and enjoy the park before our meal. Disney really are fantastic in our experience.

Mate, I hope you, Mrs Lenstar and the kids have a fantastic time  :wave
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 6, 2013, 06:49:05 pm »

Out of interest what makes them so good in your view?

I love Disney generally, and especially Disney World, but the idea of a cruise doesn't really grab me.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 6, 2013, 08:37:21 pm »
Last time I was there was for a wedding at the grand Floridian hotel,rented a 3 bed townhouse so most mornings went to the Golden Coral on I drive for breakfast,great selection at a brilliant price...

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #71 on: October 6, 2013, 08:48:43 pm »
Out of interest what makes them so good in your view?

I love Disney generally, and especially Disney World, but the idea of a cruise doesn't really grab me.

Cruises never appealed to us either but now we are hooked.

The main thing is service service service.
Last time we went on a disney cruise then to disney world, and we were shocked by how bad the service was a disney world.
And it wasn't bad as such, just we had been spoilt by the cruise

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 6, 2013, 09:04:52 pm »
We're going on Thursday. Extremely excited!!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #73 on: October 6, 2013, 09:15:25 pm »
Going over New Years. First time during the busy season, but can't be helped.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #74 on: October 6, 2013, 09:20:45 pm »
Done New Years a few times at Disneyland Paris and it's great, but busier than ever!
Would love to do it at WDW

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 6, 2013, 11:10:49 pm »
Tony Roma's Ribs on I Drive is phenomenal - best ribs ever.
Save the Magic Kingdom for last or everything else will seem tame. Get there as early as you can, you can see all the characters line up as they open the park and then stay right to the very end. Go left through the gate as most people go right.
Get a place picked out for the parade at least a few hours before the parade. When the second parade is on, you can take advantage of the smaller queues.
Download the Park Maps and pick which rides/attractions that you simply must see/do/ride and plan your day so you maximise every minute of it. Get Fast Passes (used to be Free but they might charge now???) for the next ride while you use the first ride so by the time you come off ride 1, your slot on ride 2 should be ready.
Epcot is amazing - Test Drive, the huge Golf Ball World ride (I forget its name) and Mission Space are absolute must rides.
Go to SeaWorld if you can and make sure you find the Dolphin pond and feed the dolphins as well as seeing the Shamu show and feeding the baby sharks.
If the weather is nice whilst at Universal, go on all the wet rides first so you get soaked and then just change your clothes afterwards.
It is always worth paying a few extra dollars for Premium Parking.
Try and do Busch Gardens if you can.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #76 on: October 7, 2013, 04:19:47 am »
I had the worst day of my life there, which in turn lead to the  very close second worst day of my life a week later.

You'll not have the same trouble as you're actually on holiday and I was there for a work trip. You'll also be there in autumn and not in the dead of summer.

Don't go to EPCOT. It's not a theme park, it's a theme mall. I burned my only ticket on that shithole. The highlight was the Welsh girl at the fish and chips stall.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2013, 04:21:31 am by skooma »

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #77 on: October 7, 2013, 07:26:08 am »
Epcot is the best park in WDW

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #78 on: October 7, 2013, 02:32:04 pm »

Has anyone done the not so scary Halloween party at magic kingdom? Really not sure if we want to spend an additional $300 on evening tickets for this, but the Americans do manage to make occasions like this really good and it could be a good experience for the kids to experience Halloween USA style!
Done MNSSH and I'd say it's worth it. As the kid says, less crowded as tickets are limited. The parade and fireworks are excellent, too.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 8, 2013, 12:13:29 am »
I had the worst day of my life there, which in turn lead to the  very close second worst day of my life a week later.

You'll not have the same trouble as you're actually on holiday and I was there for a work trip. You'll also be there in autumn and not in the dead of summer.

Don't go to EPCOT. It's not a theme park, it's a theme mall. I burned my only ticket on that shithole. The highlight was the Welsh girl at the fish and chips stall.
WHAT?
The four of us loved Epcot - there were enough grown up things for Debs & I and the kids thought it was great as well. As I said the huge Golf Ball (cannot remember the name); Test Track and Mission Space were some of the very best rides we went on in all of the parks and we went to them all....