Author Topic: Disney Theme Parks  (Read 41146 times)

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Re: Walt Disney World, Florida
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2014, 03:40:04 pm »
So is this solely for Florida, or can Paris be discussed aswell?

Just got a trip to Disneyland Paris booked for the 19th December.
Not been for so long, can't wait. Great time of year too :)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: April 26, 2015, 11:45:34 am »
Best place in the world, isn't it? Got back Friday morning after two weeks of pure fun. Back to work tomorrow aswell, gutted.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2015, 09:54:25 am »
After getting back last Friday, last night we booked for two weeks on Disneys Caribbean resort, flying out New Year's Day!!

What's it like around that time of the year? It was absolutely roasting from my trip just gone sometimes too hot and humid.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2015, 12:50:54 pm »
After getting back last Friday, last night we booked for two weeks on Disneys Caribbean resort, flying out New Year's Day!!

What's it like around that time of the year? It was absolutely roasting from my trip just gone sometimes too hot and humid.

We went last year to the Carribean Beach Resort at the end of February and the weather was still boss just about every day. Got a bit chilier in the evening but on the whole no issues

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2015, 12:58:27 pm »
We went last year to the Carribean Beach Resort at the end of February and the weather was still boss just about every day. Got a bit chilier in the evening but on the whole no issues

Superb! What's the resort itself like? Stayed in Disneys All Star Music Resort and enjoyed it but this looks even better!

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2015, 02:07:30 pm »
Superb! What's the resort itself like? Stayed in Disneys All Star Music Resort and enjoyed it but this looks even better!

that's where I stayed, I didn't spend much time there but the pool looked boss etc.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2015, 02:08:57 pm »

Really nice yeah, it's the only reseort i've stayed in so cant compare it to any others but the rooms are a decent size and the actual grounds of the resort are nice to walk around by the lake. We were staying in the island of Martinique and the food hall was only a couple of minutes walk. The swimming pools have plenty of room so were never particularly crowded.

I'd happily stay there again on our next visit

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2015, 05:05:05 pm »

It's pleasant, but can rain more than other times, oviously. We went over New Years two years ago. Caribbean Beach resort is nice, but very big. We had about a ten minutes walk to the lobby from our room. It's a mid-level resort, so nicer than where you stayed before.

You're also going to be there during Marathon Weekend, which is January 6-10, so parts of parks will be closed those mornings, I think. We'll actually be there as my mrs is running the Marathon on the Sunday. It goes through all the parks, but people are expected to be done by about 10AM, I think. There are ten running events all together. Registration actually opened about 4 minutes ago, if you want to get on it yourself :P.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2015, 06:12:34 pm »
It's pleasant, but can rain more than other times, oviously. We went over New Years two years ago. Caribbean Beach resort is nice, but very big. We had about a ten minutes walk to the lobby from our room. It's a mid-level resort, so nicer than where you stayed before.

You're also going to be there during Marathon Weekend, which is January 6-10, so parts of parks will be closed those mornings, I think. We'll actually be there as my mrs is running the Marathon on the Sunday. It goes through all the parks, but people are expected to be done by about 10AM, I think. There are ten running events all together. Registration actually opened about 4 minutes ago, if you want to get on it yourself :P.

Really nice yeah, it's the only reseort i've stayed in so cant compare it to any others but the rooms are a decent size and the actual grounds of the resort are nice to walk around by the lake. We were staying in the island of Martinique and the food hall was only a couple of minutes walk. The swimming pools have plenty of room so were never particularly crowded.

I'd happily stay there again on our next visit

Thanks for the feedback! King Brian . . How busy was it during New Years? It was very busy last week I think due to Spring Break. Might get on the marathon  ;D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2015, 06:39:57 pm »
Thanks for the feedback! King Brian . . How busy was it during New Years? It was very busy last week I think due to Spring Break. Might get on the marathon  ;D
Absolutely rammed on NYE. You should be okay* after that as most US kids go back to school probably on the 4th, so only your first couple of days will be a bit tight. That and the Marathon Weekend, of course.

Some of the marathon events are already sold out, and the marathon itself is 50% gone already, so you better get on it quick :P
*It's Disney, so, relatively speaking you should be okay.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 1, 2015, 10:12:50 pm »
For anyone thinking of booking for Florida I would recommend thedibb.  It offers all the information you could hope for.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 2, 2015, 10:51:25 am »
For anyone thinking of booking for Florida I would recommend thedibb.  It offers all the information you could hope for.

Seconded. Was a massive help for us

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 3, 2015, 06:24:21 pm »
We are going January 7th until January 16, with a four night cruise in there. The Mrs is, in addition to running  the Disney World Marathon, is running the Castaway Cay 5K.

Accommodation, food, park tickets and flights are all paid for, and I've finally finished all my Fast Pass + selections, so now we wait. 35 days to go!
« Last Edit: January 6, 2016, 06:57:17 pm by Impolite King Brian Blessed »

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 3, 2015, 08:09:58 pm »
We are going January 8th until January 16, with a four night cruise in there. The Mrs is, in addition to running  the Disney World Marathon, is running the Castaway Cay 5K.

Accommodation, food, park tickets and flights are all paid for, and I've finally finished all my Fast Pass + selections, so now we wait. 35 days to go!

I'll see ya there King Brian Blessed!  ;D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: December 3, 2015, 08:26:40 pm »
Nice one!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 6, 2016, 06:57:41 pm »
We are flying to Orlando tomorrow, which is making today the longest work day in history.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2016, 05:43:30 pm »
Best place on earth.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2016, 08:16:51 pm »
So, I've read this whole thread...thanks for all the tips and ideas. I think I need to start looking at other websites too.

We're going, hopefully in 2015/16/17. Really not sure. Thinking of at least 2 weeks, but I know 3 would be much better.

Did a very quick search on Virgin Holidays....13 nights, 2nd August 2015, 2 adults, 3 kids (11, 9, 6), 1 room at a 3 star hotel (close to Celebration - 417 / Old Town?), return flights from Heathrow, car hire included (basic car insurance) all for £1100 per person. So, £5500 to start and then 14 days ticket to WDW (£1486) and 14 days ticket to SeaWorld / Aquatica / Busch Gardens (£470), so pretty much £7,500 for a family of 5 for 2 weeks. Decent price or can I really drill this down a bit?

Where can I do this all separately? Flights I'm ok with, but park tickets and hotels? Cheers
IMHO if you are only going for 13 nights and then 14 day tickets to WDW AND 14 day tickets to Busch/Aquatica is a waste of money.

Depending on the age of your kids, a 7 day Magic Your Way + 7 fun visits ( if they still do them ) - which will include the 2 Disney water parks which are both excellent - and the 14 day unlimited ticket for Universal would be a lot cheaper and more realistic time wise. You are never going to use 28 days of park tickets in a fortnight and whilst you think it is possible to do a Disney park and another in the same day it really isn't. Also, personally, I would say the 5 Disney parks don't need 14 days.

Also, if you do go to the Universal parks and can stretch to it then stay onsite for one night; you still have to pay for park tickets but EVERY guest in the room gets UNLIMITED fast pass tickets to ALL rides ( except Harry Potter ones ) for both check in and check out days - we had 2 adults and 2 kids in a one room and it was an absolute bargain

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2016, 06:09:53 pm »
Well after saying we were gonna do Florida without going to Disney this year, we changed plans thinking just shopping and eating etc would be too boring for our son.
So now got a couple of nights shopping, a three night cruise the five nights in a Disney hotel

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2016, 09:24:16 am »
Seems like only yesterday I started this thread when we booked. Booked to go again, this time we've got 10 days in Disneys Caribbean Hotel then 11 nights in our own villa. All booked for March/ April net year. Not told kids yet!

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2016, 10:03:32 am »
Anyone else slight disappointed by the lack of any new attractions by Disney?

Been going for the last 10 years (every few years) - and in that time i've been seen very little new from Disney - same old out of date attractions. Universal, doesn't have the same landscape and beauty of Disney, but there seems to be massive investment there - some fantastic new attractions (although some are just too screen based).

If anyone is going - make sure you get yourself to Universal. Use the Ubber app for transportation.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 10:05:37 am by AaronSingh25 »

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2016, 10:12:19 am »
Booked it all differently this time. Went into travel agent and they gave a cost of booking all through them.

But this time I've booked Disney hotel, tickets through Disney direct, flights via BA (although not direct going via Miami with stop over) and then got a mate who recommended someone to book villa with.

Going to hire a car for the villa part of trip, and do everything Disney for first 10 days then 11 days to explore everywhere else.

Booking it this way saved over £5000 from going with thomson

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #222 on: August 1, 2016, 07:16:33 pm »
There are some great ways to save if you are creative with your flight options.

We (family of 5) went last summer - Flew from Heathrow to Montreal via Air Canada, and boarded our connecting flight to Orlando 90 minutes later.
Doing it this way saved me £1100 on the cheapest direct flights I could find on the same day.

Yes, it added just over 3 hours travelling time (including the 90 minute wait at Montreal) but who cares when you are saving as much as I did.

Air Canada (the first leg) was a really nice flight too.  Nice new, modern plane and good service.

I would definitely recommend having a look at indirect flights if you are not buying a package deal and are doing your own flights, villa, car, Disney/Universal passes etc...

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 2, 2016, 08:34:48 am »

We (family of 5) went last summer - Flew from Heathrow to Montreal via Air Canada, and boarded our connecting flight to Orlando 90 minutes later.
Doing it this way saved me £1100 on the cheapest direct flights I could find on the same day.

Yes, it added just over 3 hours travelling time (including the 90 minute wait at Montreal) but who cares when you are saving as much as I did.

Air Canada (the first leg) was a really nice flight too.  Nice new, modern plane and good service.

I would definitely recommend having a look at indirect flights if you are not buying a package deal and are doing your own flights, villa, car, Disney/Universal passes etc...
Yep, just back from Orlando, we flew Dublin to Charlotte, then an internal hop to Orlando international, saved loads.
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 2, 2016, 08:48:14 am »
http://news.sky.com/story/zika-health-experts-warn-on-travel-in-miami-10519654

Pregnant women have been told to avoid travelling to the Miami area affected by the Zika virus, as 10 new cases are confirmed.

The warning comes as officials confirm a total of 14 cases in the state, all thought to have been spread by local mosquitoes.

Four were announced on Friday. Two of the cases are women and 12 are men.

The area to avoid is inside a one-mile section north of downtown Miami, a district known as Wynwood.

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 7, 2016, 12:15:50 pm »
Not really a Disney question, one about universal.

So during the 2nd part of our trip we are hiring a villa for 10 days. 2 of those days going to visit universal studios. Just looking at it, a lot say that buying the fast pass extra ticket on top of entry is well worth it. Has anyone done this?

Also, price wise, there isn't much in it (plus you get extra benefits) if you stay at one of their hotels, as you get fast pass bit chucked in free, plus early entry to parks and other things. Has anyone done this?

I know it's a long way off, but in previous visits to Orlando planning is the key!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #226 on: August 7, 2016, 12:35:48 pm »

So during the 2nd part of our trip we are hiring a villa for 10 days. 2 of those days going to visit universal studios. Just looking at it, a lot say that buying the fast pass extra ticket on top of entry is well worth it. Has anyone done this?

Also, price wise, there isn't much in it (plus you get extra benefits) if you stay at one of their hotels, as you get fast pass bit chucked in free, plus early entry to parks and other things. Has anyone done this?

I know it's a long way off, but in previous visits to Orlando planning is the key!

Yeah definitely worth it, makes the day so much better not having to fret about queuing. Especially if its a busy day. Only takes one long queue to really piss the day about.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #227 on: August 8, 2016, 07:27:05 am »

If you stay at a Universal Hotel you qualify for FOTL (Front of the line access), much easier when navigating the parks at busy times. The hotels are also walking distance to the parks (some are closer than others), or you can catch one of the boats they operate also.
They do I believe charge you a resort fee though which includes car parking (you may need to double check this), and if you book the hotel direct with Universal check for additional tax charges too.
However, some of them do tend to work out cheaper than a lot of the expensive Disney hotels, especially if you shop around for the best prices.

They are all themed slightly differently so it depends what suits your taste.

Hard Rock Hotel is nice and the bars there are brilliant.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2016, 07:35:18 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 8, 2016, 08:28:57 am »

There is absolutely no way in hell you are going to get through everything in Universal in 2 days without an Express Pass, we got free Express Passes for our party of 5 (autistic son, no way he could cope with the normal queues) - Universal were absolutely superb in sorting that for us every morning we went - and it still took us 3 days to do the whole thing, granted the 3rd day was spent doing our favourite rides again, but if you factor that a normal queue is, on average, 90 minutes for the best rides, and walking between them, getting lockers etc, it'll take 7 hours in a park to do 4 good rides without the express Pass
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #229 on: August 8, 2016, 08:38:33 am »
There is absolutely no way in hell you are going to get through everything in Universal in 2 days without an Express Pass, we got free Express Passes for our party of 5 (autistic son, no way he could cope with the normal queues) - Universal were absolutely superb in sorting that for us every morning we went - and it still took us 3 days to do the whole thing, granted the 3rd day was spent doing our favourite rides again, but if you factor that a normal queue is, on average, 90 minutes for the best rides, and walking between them, getting lockers etc, it'll take 7 hours in a park to do 4 good rides without the express Pass

Glad it worked out for you, our 19 year old son is severley autistic/non verbal, we have taken him many times but we haven't been for a few years. You are right it's a big help with the express pass.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 9, 2016, 04:18:14 am »

If you go quiet times of the year, you can do both Universal parks in one day ! Even during busy periods you can easily do both Universal parks in two days. So not entirely sure what you are saying is correct.

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 9, 2016, 07:10:53 am »
If you go quiet times of the year, you can do both Universal parks in one day ! Even during busy periods you can easily do both Universal parks in two days. So not entirely sure what you are saying is correct.

Because of the ages / heights of the kids, it's not as if we can do all the rides together, so we can do the less adventurous rides with smaller 2 whilst oldest and me or wife can do those that make you feel like throwing up (or is it just me that feels this way now on these rides, sign of eating old).

Harry Potter part is one of the main things we want to do. I'm sure we will get done what we need to over 2 days.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: August 9, 2016, 11:38:01 am »
Out in Florida now and would agree that you need at least 2 visits to get round most of the main rides, especially without a fast pass. We always get to the park for 10am and head straight for the main ride we want to go on. Both the Harry Potter rides and Transformers have had less than 20 minutes queuing doing this, I know that it sounds obvious doing this but the majority of people stop to take photo's, look at maps etc and this can put ages on your queuing time for these rides.
We have found that most of the other rides don't usually have queuing times any greater than 30 minutes which I am happy to wait in. It gives us chance to discuss what we want to do next.

One other thing to consider is the weather. The outdoor rides will get shut down if there is any lightening within 6 miles and will stay shut for 30 minutes after the last strike. At this time of the year you will get storms most days, usually between 2-4 pm. Always worth checking the weather forecast and factoring that into your plans aswell.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »
Booked for next January, 8 nights. It's over the marathon weekend. Last year, the Mrs. did the marathon there. Next year she's doing to Dopey Challenge, which is a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and marathon over four consecutive days. I think she's fucking mad, but there you go!

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2017, 11:41:23 am »
our trip is coming round quickly now, infact 6 weeks to go! All the fastpasses have been booked, as have the restaurants we want to eat at in all the parks. Its like a military exercise ! Thankfully a 11 night break in our own villa follows this trip as we are going to be worn out !

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2017, 12:30:27 pm »
Counting the days until I go in April now, can't wait for some nice weather and 2 weeks of fun!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2017, 03:31:34 pm »

Three years ago we wanted to go to Florida in the summer holidays , a flight to Tampa from Manchester return was being quoted at just under £1100 each in august . We ended up paying £799 to cruise there Southampton to New York on the Queen Mary with a return flight from JFK Inc  and just under £100 each for an internal JFK to Tampa return flight . Arrived early morning in Brooklyn ..no jet lag at all , one night in new York then went to Florida . All that was cheaper per person than the original flight qoute and you were fed for 7 days on the ship too

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2017, 04:34:50 pm »
Starting reserving restaurants for our August trip this week

Offline Lenstar

• By Royal Appointment
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2017, 07:43:47 am »
Starting reserving restaurants for our August trip this week

We got the quick service dining plan free with our trip, but have booked a few restaurants. Sci-fi restaurant at Hollywood studios, be our guest in MK, and yek and yati in AK. Will just go with flow for rest of trip

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2017, 11:18:48 am »
Yeah we got the regular dining plan free so having to book a restaurant a day...