Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850127 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #12720 on: May 28, 2020, 05:17:02 pm »
I'd prefer the weighted PPG if a curtailment were to happen. Also wonder what the #taintedtitle will think of the likes of us not playing at home ::)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12721 on: May 28, 2020, 05:18:44 pm »
just to refresh memories about this game, how many goals must a team score to win the match and what's the difference between a throw-in and a penalty?

You need one proper goal. the first goal, pace goals, VAR goal and goals injury time don’t count.

Throw-ins are traditional moments in the game where Everton fans shout BOOOOO and scream at players until their faces turn blue then purple.

Penalties are devices to help the redshite win games through their pact with the devil. The stats show we get far fewer than united and other teams, but rival fans have the true figures which are hidden by dark magic performed by Klopp at midnight after our games.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12722 on: May 28, 2020, 05:20:03 pm »
Just us and the home team in any London Derby I think, full article below.

Meh. Without a crowd it barely matters, but we get to say we won the league playing 24 away games and only 14 home games.  You can stick that on a fucking asterisk.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12723 on: May 28, 2020, 05:24:53 pm »
Not too fussed about the neutral venues idea for us. Completely disagree with the reasons for it but I wouldn’t be surprised if the club aren’t arsed about it. They’ll probably just want to win that league title now.

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #12724 on: May 28, 2020, 05:27:16 pm »
I know there will be no crowd, but the team are completely at home (no pun intended) on the size of our pitch etc, so it is a definite disadvantage playing at neutral venues. Obviously we should still win it anyway, but it is a total insult to us fans

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12725 on: May 28, 2020, 05:27:58 pm »

Meh. Without a crowd it barely matters, but we get to say we won the league playing 24 away games and only 14 home games.  You can stick that on a fucking asterisk.
Haha, that's another one for the record books. Alongside possibly the longest time spent in 1st during the beginning and end of a season and of course winning it the earliest and latest it's ever been won in the same season.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12726 on: May 28, 2020, 05:28:06 pm »
This is a fucking disgrace. Why the assumption that Liverpool fans can't be trusted? The implication here makes me feel sick to my stomach. I really hope the club and others are fighting this.
It's not even assumption.

The Mayor of Everton actually said it a few weeks ago.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #12727 on: May 28, 2020, 05:28:55 pm »
We should say we will only do it if all our away games are at neutral venues too. Then we have no home advantage but no away disadvantage

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgĺrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12728 on: May 28, 2020, 05:30:45 pm »
If other league leading teams were included, or even every one of our games, then fine.

Someone mentioned it earlier this year,  every game we play is a big game for every other team. With that in mind every Liverpool game is a big game worthy of neutral venue.

By the same token every Man City game or every Man Utd game is the same.

If it is just our home games though, the implication is really pretty disgusting. That WE cannot be trusted, that Liverpool fans are hooligans that will break the rules.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12729 on: May 28, 2020, 05:31:27 pm »
It's not so much this season that it's a massive problem (though still a disgrace), it's next season. If we have to play 38 games away from Anfield it's not on.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12730 on: May 28, 2020, 05:33:27 pm »
If other league leading teams were included, or even every one of our games, then fine.

Someone mentioned it earlier this year,  every game we play is a big game for every other team. With that in mind every Liverpool game is a big game worthy of neutral venue.

By the same token every Man City game or every Man Utd game is the same.

If it is just our home games though, the implication is really pretty disgusting. That WE cannot be trusted, that Liverpool fans are hooligans that will break the rules.

When the Mayor of our own city comes out with that nonsense, then no wonder outsiders think the same.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12731 on: May 28, 2020, 05:34:17 pm »
It's not so much this season that it's a massive problem (though still a disgrace), it's next season. If we have to play 38 games away from Anfield it's not on.

I would be almost certain that the thought behind it is due to us winning our first title in 30 years and people congregating as a result of that.

No way will it continue into next season. I should add that Lawton has also confirmed he believes that the Merseyside Derby (as well as London derbies) will also be on neutral grounds (all the other derbies have played both fixtures already.)

I’m not saying that the above is the correct way of looking at it, as I don’t think it is, but I think it’s a judgment made on us winning the league, rather than us as a fanbase.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12732 on: May 28, 2020, 05:35:01 pm »
What I don’t really understand about the neutral venues for us idea is that there’s a fairly decent chance we’ll have the league won before we’re even due to play a home match. In that instance, do they still expect our supporters to congregate? Then again, they probably do, given how batshit their logic has been on us congregating in the first place. It’s been said before but why would we want to stand outside of a stadium with no way of watching us winning the league? I’ll happily watch it in my living room and then go and sit in the garden with a crate afterwards.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgĺrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12733 on: May 28, 2020, 05:36:39 pm »
When the Mayor of our own city comes out with that nonsense, then no wonder outsiders think the same.

It's something we as a club should fight.

Even on a financial level, we would be losing out on sponsorship money from our stadium on the back of these lies.

It's an insult to our club and fans, and actually affects us.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12734 on: May 28, 2020, 05:36:59 pm »
no crowds means the experience is worse, as part of the reason the deals are so big are the big crowds at the games compared to Italy and Spain

They will get to charge a premium for adverts because the viewing figures will be higher than usual.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12735 on: May 28, 2020, 05:41:06 pm »
The people of the UK are fuckwits, bitters are infested with c*nts in their fanbase, so I could see either scenario of fucking idiot LFC supporters turning up at Anfield or bitters doing it, so if we have to play neutral, so what, we'll still win it.

What does boil my piss is it was deemed OK for 3,000 Atleti fans to come into the city at the most stupid time imaginable. Mates of mine were in the Arkles that night and came down with strong Covid symptoms, one still feels like shit from it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12736 on: May 28, 2020, 05:41:53 pm »
If we play home games at neutral ground can we add them to our unbeaten at home tally? And if we lose one can we bring the asterisk into play and say we’re still unbeaten at home since April 2017? It’s the least they can do.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #12737 on: May 28, 2020, 05:42:25 pm »
I'm not from Liverpool (or even the UK) but what are the chances of that Everton mayor being voted out next election?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12738 on: May 28, 2020, 05:48:11 pm »
If we play home games at neutral ground can we add them to our unbeaten at home tally? And if we lose one can we bring the asterisk into play and say we’re still unbeaten at home since April 2017? It’s the least they can do.

Fuck, we won't get to win the league at the PIT, they'll have to move it.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #12739 on: May 28, 2020, 05:48:41 pm »
I'm not from Liverpool (or even the UK) but what are the chances of that Everton mayor being voted out next election?

Zero. He'll be the labour candidate and no way Liverpool votes in a Lib dem or green candidate

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12740 on: May 28, 2020, 05:50:54 pm »
In Liverpool it's said you could pin a Labour rosette on a pig and the pig would win the election.

He's harder to shift than a red wine stain on your best white shirt.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12741 on: May 28, 2020, 05:50:58 pm »
Zero. He'll be the labour candidate and no way Liverpool votes in a Lib dem or green candidate

Who actually selects the candidate? Makes sense, with the shite he spouts about us and our overseas supporters, to fuck him off, the negative twat.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12742 on: May 28, 2020, 05:53:03 pm »
I feel almost duty bound to follow the lads around the country now and just stand outside the ground regardless of where we’re playing.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12743 on: May 28, 2020, 05:54:57 pm »
Not too fussed about the neutral venues idea for us. Completely disagree with the reasons for it but I wouldn’t be surprised if the club aren’t arsed about it. They’ll probably just want to win that league title now.

Of course you're not.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12744 on: May 28, 2020, 06:02:05 pm »
I feel almost duty bound to follow the lads around the country now and just stand outside the ground regardless of where we’re playing.
What they forget is the likes of Liverpool have millions of fans all over the country, as well as three quarters of our own city.

Same with Man United. If it's assumed people might turn up to stand outside Anfield, then they could just as easily turn up outside any ground in the country because massive clubs have massive fanbases and are not confined to the city they are based in.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12745 on: May 28, 2020, 06:03:36 pm »
What they forget is the likes of Liverpool have millions of fans all over the country, as well as three quarters of our own city.

Same with Man United. If it's assumed people might turn up to stand outside Anfield, then they could just as easily turn up outside any ground in the country because massive clubs have massive fanbases and are not confined to the city they are based in.
Indeed. As long as we cluster in small groups of six we’re good to go.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12746 on: May 28, 2020, 06:07:10 pm »

The more you think about it, its probably easier to control if we play at Anfield, just stop all non Liverpool reg cars on the 62, 58 and 53 and hold up a sign with Fazakerley written on it and anyone who cannot pronounce it right gets fucked off.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12747 on: May 28, 2020, 06:09:14 pm »
In Liverpool it's said you could pin a Labour rosette on a pig and the pig would win the election.

He's harder to shift than a red wine stain on your best white shirt.

Yep. Not even an independent would make an in road

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12748 on: May 28, 2020, 06:09:19 pm »
#PL Shareholders also approved a proposal that would see all 92 remaining matches broadcast live in the UK by the League’s existing broadcast partners

Full statement: http://preml.ge/e9vhy

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12749 on: May 28, 2020, 06:12:45 pm »
Scheduled kick-off times

Weekend matches will be scheduled as follows (all times BST):

Friday 20:00
Saturday 12:30, 15:00, 17:30; 20:00
Sunday 12:00, 14:00, 16:30; 19:00
Monday 20:00

Midweek matches will be scheduled as follows (all times BST):
Tuesday 18:00; 20:00
Wednesday 18:00; 20:00
Thursday 18:00; 20:00

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12750 on: May 28, 2020, 06:14:30 pm »
#PL Shareholders also approved a proposal that would see all 92 remaining matches broadcast live in the UK by the League’s existing broadcast partners

Wonder if that means all at the same time or if they allocate them? Got access to all 4 ways, but be great for those football fans who are still restricted to the house to at least be able to watch footy on BBC

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12751 on: May 28, 2020, 06:21:18 pm »
Wonder if that means all at the same time or if they allocate them? Got access to all 4 ways, but be great for those football fans who are still restricted to the house to at least be able to watch footy on BBC
Different times for them all I think (bar presumably the final day)

Scheduled kick-off times

Weekend matches will be scheduled as follows (all times BST):

Friday 20:00
Saturday 12:30, 15:00, 17:30; 20:00
Sunday 12:00, 14:00, 16:30; 19:00
Monday 20:00

Midweek matches will be scheduled as follows (all times BST):
Tuesday 18:00; 20:00
Wednesday 18:00; 20:00
Thursday 18:00; 20:00

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12752 on: May 28, 2020, 06:22:23 pm »

So... more games, but they pay less?

That’s fucked up
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12753 on: May 28, 2020, 06:22:37 pm »
BBC gets 4 of the 92.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12754 on: May 28, 2020, 06:23:26 pm »
If we beat the bitters, bet your life BBC will want the Crystal Palace game because we could win it in that.  ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12755 on: May 28, 2020, 06:28:51 pm »
Sky will have 64 of the 92 games live and 25 of these will be free to air on Freeview.

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #12756 on: May 28, 2020, 06:30:36 pm »
This is total bollocks!!! that we cant play at Anfield. where is the sporting integrity in that. Its saying our supporters cant be trusted. A bloody disgrace, plus we have fans all over the country not just in liverpool. Neutral venues will still have liverpool fans in those towns/cities. I am a liverpool fan and I am from london as an example.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #12757 on: May 28, 2020, 06:36:25 pm »
This is total bollocks!!! that we cant play at Anfield. where is the sporting integrity in that. Its saying our supporters cant be trusted. A bloody disgrace, plus we have fans all over the country not just in liverpool. Neutral venues will still have liverpool fans in those towns/cities. I am a liverpool fan and I am from london as an example.
I don’t think this would be applicable for United if they were in the same position as us. As others have mentioned, this is entirely on Joe Anderson’s condemnation a few weeks ago. He should be fucking ashamed of himself on the distain he’s done to the supporters in this city. 
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12758 on: May 28, 2020, 06:39:11 pm »
If we beat the bitters, bet your life BBC will want the Crystal Palace game because we could win it in that.  ;D
No way sky or bt are having that happen

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12759 on: May 28, 2020, 06:40:28 pm »
No way sky or bt are having that happen

All BBC games will be shown on Sky and BT anyway mate. But it would give evrey household in the UK an opportunity to watch us win it.  :D