Author Topic: tattoos  (Read 421597 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: tattoos
« Reply #3040 on: December 22, 2020, 05:17:38 pm »
Sounds reasonable enough and good that you got exactly what you want. I take it the tattooists will have to close in England, just like up here as well?

I am making the best of my guy being lockdowned. He is doing a painting of my dogs that recently had to be put to sleep. That's showing enterprise for you.
I don't begrudge tattoo artists doing anything and everything they can to keep going - they're an in demand profession and I'd hate for good artists to have to drop out of the profession completely over the current situation. I respect anyone supporting small enterprise like that.

I'm not too sure on closures - we're in Tier 2 currently - the place I've booked is in Tier 3 (but not until late Feb) and I recently got tattooed in a Tier 3 based shop.
Ever seen a good LFC tattoo?
I've got one, not complex enough to probably be good or bad, it's a small outline of the Champions League trophy with a tally indicating '6' beneath it. It goes with the other random constituent ones I've got but would maybe not look right on it's own. I've seen some incredible LFC stuff in terms of quality and detail, even if the design wasn't up my street, a pal of mine has a cool trad style Liver Bird at Bold as Brass in town, they've some good artists there.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3041 on: December 22, 2020, 07:16:10 pm »
Ever seen a good LFC tattoo?

i think the portrait ones have been the best, not really a fan of just the liver bird

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #3042 on: December 22, 2020, 08:16:23 pm »
Had a right old time trying to find anyone who can replicate what my girlfriend is after, sent another raft of enquiries out today. People either can't do it, recommend others who when I look at their work aren't good enough, or offer to do it for around £400 - which is outrageous for two small rectangular colour pieces that constitute a few hours work at most. £200 I think would be more reasonable.

Even had one artist send me back a really quite aggressive email for having the temerity to send example pictures, as they said it was an insult to their integrity. Jesus wept.

Hoping that the latest round, to some further afield places will yield some results. I do get that a lot of artists currently are probably in dire straits and may not have the capacity to respond, or aren't able to should it affect any potential furlough. I found the above response a bit bizarre though.
Had a hell of a time finding a tattoo artist here in Tallinn who didn't have their heads up their own arses........eventually found one by happenstance (although, I don't believe in coincidences) - young lass, can't more than about 22, self-trained artist, own studio, only does original designs and is very collaborative. I've wanted something really special for some time and was waiting for the right symbol to call out to me - then last year I qualified as a Reiki therapist.......and the activation symbol for the reiki energy to start flowing through you to the client is called Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen and has its respective Japanese 'kanji' - so I looked around for one that seemed decent enough and got the artist to do a render in a calligraphy style - then I saw some hands raised in tribute or summoning and asked her what she thought - she grabs her ipad and takes a photo of me demonstrating the hand position - and I explained that when I do reiki, it often feels like fire coming out of the hands......

Got this done yesterday, after the winter solstice, which coincides with the heralding of the age of aquarius - a very auspicious and powerful time spiritually. Cost was 150€. 3 hours' work. Free corrections in 2 weeks' time.
So. I don't give a fuck about the pisstaking mods who posted images of a video game character in our WA group.... ;D

This is my and her design - these are my hands - this is reiki - may blessings be rained down on all RAWKites.........
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 08:20:43 pm by A Week of Advents? »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3043 on: December 23, 2020, 11:47:38 am »
Had a hell of a time finding a tattoo artist here in Tallinn
This is my and her design - these are my hands - this is reiki - may blessings be rained down on all RAWKites.........
Good that you're happy with it mate - the price seems decent considering the free touch up too.

Didn't know you were from Tallinn mate, me and the missus were there for four days in February and absolutely loved it - one of the best city breaks we've been on. It didn't snow as we'd hoped but the walking tour was fantastic, we had some great meals on Rataskaevu (sp?) and the Luscher and Matiesen tour was brilliant. Popped across to Helsinki for a night too. Telliskivi (forgive spelling again) was interesting for a nose around the place too.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: December 23, 2020, 12:12:51 pm »
i think the portrait ones have been the best, not really a fan of just the liver bird
I don't begrudge tattoo artists doing anything and everything they can to keep going - they're an in demand profession and I'd hate for good artists to have to drop out of the profession completely over the current situation. I respect anyone supporting small enterprise like that.

I'm not too sure on closures - we're in Tier 2 currently - the place I've booked is in Tier 3 (but not until late Feb) and I recently got tattooed in a Tier 3 based shop.I've got one, not complex enough to probably be good or bad, it's a small outline of the Champions League trophy with a tally indicating '6' beneath it. It goes with the other random constituent ones I've got but would maybe not look right on it's own. I've seen some incredible LFC stuff in terms of quality and detail, even if the design wasn't up my street, a pal of mine has a cool trad style Liver Bird at Bold as Brass in town, they've some good artists there.
Cheers.

Trying to get inspiration as I really want a sleeve.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #3045 on: December 23, 2020, 12:57:20 pm »
Good that you're happy with it mate - the price seems decent considering the free touch up too.
Cheers yeah she's a decent lass this one, not at all stuck up and is very humble about her talent.

Didn't know you were from Tallinn mate, me and the missus were there for four days in February and absolutely loved it - one of the best city breaks we've been on. It didn't snow as we'd hoped but the walking tour was fantastic, we had some great meals on Rataskaevu (sp?) and the Luscher and Matiesen tour was brilliant. Popped across to Helsinki for a night too. Telliskivi (forgive spelling again) was interesting for a nose around the place too.
Hah, I'm not mate, I'm from L8 ;D - but moved here a few years back - was the walking tour the medieval one, Tales of Reval, by any chance, or the dickheads with trainers, clipboards, baseball caps and a fucking script?? Rataskaevu yes - means 'wheel well' but on Tales of Reval we tell the origin, The Cat's Well........ telliskivi is where the tattooed hipsters hang out, so no wonder you liked it ;)

If you come back, gizza shout :wave - I'll introduce you to Adele - already discussing with her my next tattoo - I got the bug - going for some interesting pagan-inspired runic designs next......

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3046 on: December 23, 2020, 01:20:57 pm »
Cheers yeah she's a decent lass this one, not at all stuck up and is very humble about her talent.

Hah, I'm not mate, I'm from L8 ;D - but moved here a few years back - was the walking tour the medieval one, Tales of Reval, by any chance, or the dickheads with trainers, clipboards, baseball caps and a fucking script?? Rataskaevu yes - means 'wheel well' but on Tales of Reval we tell the origin, The Cat's Well........ telliskivi is where the tattooed hipsters hang out, so no wonder you liked it ;)

If you come back, gizza shout :wave - I'll introduce you to Adele - already discussing with her my next tattoo - I got the bug - going for some interesting pagan-inspired runic designs next......
Top info that is mate - me and the missus briefly lived not far from there in L7 when she was doing her masters at the Uni Hospital. We will definitely be back at some point so will let you know, absolutely loved it. We didn't do the medieval tour, it was a walking tour with a volunteer and she was brilliant to be fair, knew so much and gave so much detail when talking about the city and all of the war and turmoil it's been swept up in over the years. We did the usual touristy stuff too, with the Museum of Occupation and the communist cells etc, the little medieval eatery type place under the townhall. Had an amazing meal at the Vegan restaurant on Rataskaevu too, cracking stuff (not vegan but thought we'd try it).

We actually met an English bloke there who owned one of the Cafe's on a side street off of the main square, really nice guy and we thought it surprising to meet someone from England running a business there. Top lad he was, gave us some vile pine needle liqueur to try and sent us away with a bottle of Vana Linn, which I've Irished a few coffees with in the months since! Completely off topic but honestly was the best City break I've had in years and was great value for money - can completely see why you've decided to move there mate.

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: March 30, 2021, 12:16:32 am »

Pandemic/lockdown boredom has had me get 7 tattoos and 5 piercings in since the beginning of December, over it.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #3048 on: March 30, 2021, 06:10:49 am »
Got this done in Aldershot in 1979, all completed with one sitting, nails me!   8)
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: March 30, 2021, 09:21:19 am »
I haven't had one that was horrifically painful, but having said that, all mine are round the arms/shoulder regions. I'd be interested to know what people who've had on their collarbones/shins have felt.

I'm wanting a few more small pieces when things reopen.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3050 on: March 30, 2021, 04:44:00 pm »

Presume these will be open from the 12th in the UK, similar to hairdressers, etc...?

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3051 on: March 30, 2021, 09:23:39 pm »
Does anyone remember Sailor Jacks in Tuebrook.

Got my Liverbird tattoo there many moons ago cost was £1-25 pence.
I knew him as Tattoo Jack.

He did a tattoo for an ex of mine back in the early 90s.

Where the 2 related, I went to Tatto Jack a few times, grumby fucker with a grudge to bear on just about everything, but funny with it at times. He was cheap though and no appointment needed. Gots loads of tattoos, just random ones all over my body related to the following subjects:

Hillsborough 3
T.Rex 3
Bowie 1
Adam Ant 1
Ken Dodd 1
John Lennon 1
Daughters names 2
kopite 1
The Beatles 1
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 09:25:15 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3052 on: March 30, 2021, 10:02:08 pm »
Where the 2 related, I went to Tatto Jack a few times, grumby fucker with a grudge to bear on just about everything, but funny with it at times. He was cheap though and no appointment needed. Gots loads of tattoos, just random ones all over my body related to the following subjects:

Hillsborough 3
T.Rex 3
Bowie 1
Adam Ant 1
Ken Dodd 1
John Lennon 1
Daughters names 2
kopite 1
The Beatles 1

Have you ever thought of just buying a notebook?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3053 on: March 30, 2021, 10:14:04 pm »

Have you ever thought of just buying a notebook?

;D

After this one maybe!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3054 on: March 31, 2021, 01:49:33 am »

;D

After this one maybe!

This would look better

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3055 on: March 31, 2021, 10:41:56 am »
My Tattoo artist put a post up last night saying that because of the last year, she's had to take on another job and as a result will only be tattooing at the weekends until she's back on her feet.

Massive shame and basically puts her full up for the next 18 months. Wish I had something booked in now.

Feel sorry for her though, she's very good and talented and is probably doing something she hates having not received decent support prior.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: March 31, 2021, 10:57:23 am »
I haven't had one that was horrifically painful, but having said that, all mine are round the arms/shoulder regions. I'd be interested to know what people who've had on their collarbones/shins have felt.

Shins weren't too bad. Collarbone was quite bad. Breastplate was torture. Back of my leg just at the knee was the worst though. I tend to do longer sittings and it's probably no coincidence that the sorest places were the bits done later in the sessions.

I've promised myself 4 hours maximum from now on.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #3057 on: April 1, 2021, 11:50:01 am »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3058 on: April 1, 2021, 12:09:41 pm »

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #3059 on: April 2, 2021, 02:19:04 pm »
Booked in for a few months time. Whole leg being done. 6 hour session for my first day. only had 1 tatt before and that was only about 3 hours

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: April 3, 2021, 03:56:18 pm »
Was supposed to be getting 3 more next week before I take off for 6 months but we've effectively gone back into lockdown for the next 4 weeks so that's a no go, gutted.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #3061 on: June 9, 2021, 09:33:48 am »
Booked in for a few months time. Whole leg being done. 6 hour session for my first day. only had 1 tatt before and that was only about 3 hours

Turns out 6 hours is my limit. Had started to have enough about 5 hours in. Got another session booked in next week and then he's booked up till next year so cancellation list it will have to be

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: June 9, 2021, 04:47:05 pm »
My girlfriend finally got her long awaited Van Gogh tattoos. The came out fantastic as well, the artist is so good at really quite tiny detail. It also ended up only costing £240 instead of £380 as they were a lot smaller than he anticipated they would be.

One thing that's concerning me a touch is hers have really scabbed over and started to flake off in a way none of mine ever did. I'm reassuring her and she's keeping on top of moisturising it and putting the balm on, but I'm really hoping none of the detail will drop out in the healing process. I know everyone's skin is different but this is worrying me a touch. Had to trek all the way to Hull to get them done so wouldn't fancy having to go back for touch ups. Might have to be done though.

I appreciate they're often not as vivid after healing but I'm hoping the detail will be preserved and the colour as good as possible.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #3063 on: June 9, 2021, 04:54:02 pm »
I've had 2 done now by 2 different artists. 1 Said use tattoo goo and the other said cocoa butter. I'll just follow whatever guidance the artists give

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3064 on: June 9, 2021, 04:54:49 pm »
I'd be surprised if she doesn't lose some if it really scabs.

I had issues with quite thin blood (linked to my anemia I found out eventually) so certain parts of mine scabbed, and I lost bits of the ink under the main scabbing areas. Thankfully these were solid black areas mostly so it was easily sorted with another pass over later on.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: June 9, 2021, 05:06:19 pm »
I'd be surprised if she doesn't lose some if it really scabs.

I had issues with quite thin blood (linked to my anemia I found out eventually) so certain parts of mine scabbed, and I lost bits of the ink under the main scabbing areas. Thankfully these were solid black areas mostly so it was easily sorted with another pass over later on.
MMmm that's what I'm worried about really, that her skin's flaking off quite a bit and underneath it just isn't as detailed. Just got to hope it heals well and that any touch ups needed can be done to emphasise the fantastic detail they had when fresh. She's done everything right as far as aftercare goes.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: July 10, 2022, 06:19:04 pm »
Still trying to think of what sleeve to get.

Wanted something Liverpool related but can't see anything that stands out (on my existing arm that has tattoos).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 06:36:30 pm by The G in Gerrard »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: July 10, 2022, 08:02:21 pm »
Still trying to think of what sleeve to get.

Wanted something Liverpool related but can't see anything that stands out (on my existing arm that has tattoos).
Is there a specific style you lean towards? Like hyper-realism or Traditional etc? Might help you focus an idea if you select a set style.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3068 on: July 10, 2022, 08:11:55 pm »
Our kid put a post on FB the other week, his missus, at 53, has only gone and got a backpiece done. Very brightly coloured and to do with her star sign Libra, so has the goddess? with the scales, sky, clouds, animals the lot, plus lots of little hints to her family in the work. 20 hours it took in total.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: July 10, 2022, 08:12:24 pm »
Is there a specific style you lean towards? Like hyper-realism or Traditional etc? Might help you focus an idea if you select a set style.
Open to any ideas / styles to be honest. My existing tattoos are a mixture of random things & things that are personal to me ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: July 10, 2022, 08:13:53 pm »
Our kid put a post on FB the other week, his missus, at 53, has only gone and got a backpiece done. Very brightly coloured and to do with her star sign Libra, so has the goddess? with the scales, sky, clouds, animals the lot, plus lots of little hints to her family in the work. 20 hours it took in total.
I saw a lady of a similar age I think in shops today with angel wings tattoo on her back.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #3071 on: July 10, 2022, 09:47:36 pm »
Bepanthen is the thing to put on them when healing, worked a treat with mine. The worst part for me was the inner arm bicep/tricep area, although I did have a lot of shading in there that was like someone scratching into me with a needle on top of a really bad sunburn, over and over. And the inside of the bend of the elbow, where you get your bloods taken, was not good for me either as I don't like getting blood taken (needles are fine, but veins being poked and prodded, no ta) so bear that in mind anyone that is a bit funny with that kind of stuff. I didn't even think about it. I would also guide people away from getting small intricate works as they blur over time.
I also had a premier league footy player come in when I had mine, who shall remain nameless.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: July 12, 2022, 05:49:55 pm »
Bepanthen is the thing to put on them when healing, worked a treat with mine. The worst part for me was the inner arm bicep/tricep area, although I did have a lot of shading in there that was like someone scratching into me with a needle on top of a really bad sunburn, over and over. And the inside of the bend of the elbow, where you get your bloods taken, was not good for me either as I don't like getting blood taken (needles are fine, but veins being poked and prodded, no ta) so bear that in mind anyone that is a bit funny with that kind of stuff. I didn't even think about it. I would also guide people away from getting small intricate works as they blur over time.
I also had a premier league footy player come in when I had mine, who shall remain nameless.
When did you use Bepanthen mate? I used to use it too, it worked great but I heard that they changed the recipe and it shouldn’t be used for that anymore? Last time I used it was two years ago.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #3073 on: July 12, 2022, 07:28:19 pm »
Oh really? I hadn't heard of that. Mine was about 9-10 years ago.