Author Topic: Hillsborough trial collapses  (Read 24761 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Re: Hillsborough trial collapses
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2021, 03:08:56 pm »
Seething...   :no

System protects its own - so sickening.

With Commie Bobby on this - take the fight into spaces that make the comfort of this decision, become intolerably uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 03:11:50 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2021, 03:10:41 pm »
You’re right. With Goldberg - best to start by reporting his comments today to the Bar Standards Board. Wrote a lengthy one myself earlier. Although they don’t listen to people like us.

I must admit I've emailed him directly. Absolutely furious. We can't let that go.

Edit:

Just got this back:

Dear Sir
I regret you were not listening properly.
I was merely explaining the case the police wished to advance in 1989.
Not approving it.
Sincerely

Going to send something to the Bar Standards Board. We may need to decipher that word for word - because I get the impression he's a bit of a bastard.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 03:13:45 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2021, 03:10:56 pm »
Just had a teams call with a work colleague, she's a scouser and she asked how I was in general and i said shite because of this.  Her husband was crushed against the barriers and I never knew, we were both a little upset to say the least.  Affects so, so many people!

Pity any c*nt that rubs me up the wrong way the rest of the day

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2021, 03:20:03 pm »
the law is not an ass - it's an arsehole that has been rogered violently by perverted oxbridge schoolboys to keep the classes in their place

the old school tie network tightens the bonds around those within its own circles but also binds the hands of those seeking true justice

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2021, 03:21:21 pm »
Well in Margaret and Andy Burnham.  As 24*7 said earlier, the gloves are off and rightly so.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2021, 03:28:24 pm »
Sickened.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2021, 03:31:20 pm »
That certainly seems to be the case for non- statutory inquiries. I am in no way close to these issues (so apologies) but if it hasn’t been done already, it would be worth investigating the decision to make the Taylor inquiry non-statutory, a decision that is having massive repercussions today.

On this, the BBC report says that "[Taylor] was under pressure to quickly come up with safety recommendations for football grounds before the start of the new season."

I can see why a non-statutory inquiry would be quicker (i.e. no legislation needed) where the purpose was to come up with safety recommendations, but would also be ineffective in revealing what really happened and who was responsible and guilty. Could the call for speed to come up with safety recommendations have been a cover to avoid a statutory inquiry? 

See here: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57257199

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2021, 03:31:38 pm »
Absolutely scandalous decision

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2021, 03:36:53 pm »
A lot of shit's happened over the last 3 years that just comes down to having a Tory government in power. Their corruption (and the allowance of it) has seeped into every fabric of society. Truly sad.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2021, 03:37:28 pm »

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2021, 03:48:57 pm »
David Conn
@david_conn

Astonishing, narrative being spread even today, by South Yorkshire police ex-solicitor's QC, of a "riot" by Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough.

The inquests jury concluded in 2016, after the longest case ever, that no misbehaviour by Liverpool fans contributed to the disaster.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2021, 03:50:22 pm »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2021, 03:51:19 pm »
sickened but unsurprised. with the backdrop of the Cummings interview today, this verdict serves as another reminder that those in power are able to shirk responsibility and accountability.

JFT96.
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2021, 03:54:27 pm »
I must admit I've emailed him directly. Absolutely furious. We can't let that go.

Edit:

Just got this back:

Going to send something to the Bar Standards Board. We may need to decipher that word for word - because I get the impression he's a bit of a bastard.

What an absolute arrogant c*nt.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline andrewd3

• Main Stander
  • The reds are coming up the hill boy
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2021, 03:55:59 pm »
they all laugh at us they all mock at us they all say our days are numbered

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2021, 03:56:10 pm »
Wankers, the lot of them!

Seriously, 96 unlawfully killed but no persons or organisations have been brought to justice? Scum.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2021, 04:13:14 pm »

Edit:

Just got this back:

I emailed him too - no reply yet though. Mind you I did call him a prick and a bellend......maybe that's why.

I also complained to the BBC for that appalling interview Chiles had with the fella on 5live - but, when I submitted it said 'there's been a problem with your complaint, try again later...'   ::)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2021, 04:13:23 pm »

Edit:

Just got this back:

The fucking arrogance of that reply

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2021, 04:22:08 pm »
]
I emailed him too - no reply yet though. Mind you I did call him a prick and a bellend......maybe that's why.

I also complained to the BBC for that appalling interview Chiles had with the fella on 5live - but, when I submitted it said 'there's been a problem with your complaint, try again later...'   ::)

It looks several drafts - some of which could have landed me in a whole world of bother!

I think in the short to medium term it may be an idea to get some contacts (perhaps Jim has already done this) with people supporting the Grenfell families and those who are going to be at the forefront of the Covid inquiry - we cannot allow this to happen again and for families to wait decades for something (a £6,500 fine for an faceless employee of a football club - yeah fuck off) - and if that means taking affirmative action to prevent further cover ups by the bastard establishment - then that is what is going to need to happen - because it is abundantly clear to me that the criminal justice system just isn't it.

The fucking arrogance of that reply

I had a good cry - reading that. Just pure anger and frustration - so heaven knows what the families and friends of the 96 - as well as the survivors are feeling right now.

I think I've disclosed my own issues with the law in the past which failed me, I think I've always believed that such miscarriages of justice just couldn't happen in this day and age with social media and the general way that people are (in the main) more informed on issues such as these - that they ever were allowed to be in the 80s and 90s - even as far back as a decade or so.

This is a new template for the bastards to use.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 04:26:10 pm by Commie Bobbie »
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2021, 04:34:28 pm »
No legal duty of candor by police at a public inquiry.

What the hell is the basis for the rule of law then? Why the hell should somebody have to write that down in a book of statutes?

That's the most finely whittled legal bullshit since  "Depends what the definition of is, is".

The bald faced-ness of that is simply stunning. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2021, 04:38:23 pm »
did anyone listen to the press conference form Anfield ? Andy Burnham was fantastic. He should be leading the opposition. A politician who actually cares.

the barrister for the defence though. Heard his interview in radio 5, felt like we were in a time warp and back in 80s. Unbelievable this shite is still aired.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2021, 04:50:57 pm »
This is pathetic. My blood is boiling just reading about this. My thoughts are with the families who have to live with this injustice.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2021, 04:56:00 pm »
So the altering of police statements wasn't done to pervert the course of justice.

Not worth adding anything,I just hope everyone can limit the anger and hurt that it causes.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2021, 05:01:54 pm »
That is a grim judgement. Wrong on so many levels.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2021, 05:11:47 pm »
did anyone listen to the press conference form Anfield ? Andy Burnham was fantastic.

Is there a video or transcript available anywhere?

Edit: found the coverage on the echo website: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-hillsborough-denton-foster-metcalf-20679653
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 05:15:33 pm by BoRed »

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2021, 05:13:03 pm »
If "that's that" then it's game on once we're back on the terraces I guess!!

We're a strong voice and I'm sure we'll think of one or two things to keep the flames lit under this.
YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2021, 05:14:54 pm »
Not surprised. :wanker
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2021, 05:25:39 pm »
Shocked and disgusted when I heard that on the radio in work earlier. Was with a colleague who was there that day and was absolutely broken by that verdict. Thoughts with him and those deeply effected by such a decision.. Hope there is something that can be done, even if it's in the stands to shine a light on how broken and corrupt the legal system is.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2021, 05:32:34 pm »
Shocking yet unsurprisingly a whitewash.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2021, 05:36:27 pm »
The more it sinks in the more the blood boils..shower of dirty stinking despicable bastards.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2021, 05:37:58 pm »
I have sent my complaint to the BBC about Adrian Chiles allowing the Goldberg twat to lie without being challenged and the record put straight. I hope the Bar Council intervenes as how can we expect any justice when QCs can go on national radio and openly lie?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2021, 05:38:10 pm »
If "that's that" then it's game on once we're back on the terraces I guess!!

We're a strong voice and I'm sure we'll think of one or two things to keep the flames lit under this.
This.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2021, 05:38:19 pm »
‘Cock up, not conspiracy’ according to Goldenberg.

So what, did the coppers accidentally doctor their statements to remove criticism of the SYP?

Fucking unbelievable that this shite is still being peddled.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2021, 05:39:24 pm »
He was entitled to lie.
There you see the criminal cover up in one sentence.

Yes,'no legal duty to tell the whole truth' just about sums it up.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2021, 05:44:30 pm »
Took them 30 years to exonerate the innocent and less than 2 to refuse to implicate the guilty.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2021, 05:55:05 pm »
'A cover-up over a cover-up' is how Margaret Aspinall described it. And Andy Burnham accused of 'whipping up' the families of Hillsborough victims over the years by the ruling QC, what an absolute c*nt of a person.

Well I hope this finally results in the Hillsborough Law being agreed and ratified as first proposed by Burnham years ago.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2021, 05:58:19 pm »
Be interesting to see who benefits from the precedent Davis has set today. From this, feels like public officials can lie in the Grenfel/Covid enquiries and not commit a crime. Sickening the whole thing.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2021, 05:59:16 pm »

Good statement that.

As for what to say about all this... words fail me to be honest. I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not. My heart goes out to all of the families and friends of the 96, and I hope that one day there'll be a reckoning for those responsible, whether it's in this life or the next.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2021, 06:03:30 pm »
'A cover-up over a cover-up' is how Margaret Aspinall described it. And Andy Burnham accused of 'whipping up' the families of Hillsborough victims over the years by the ruling QC, what an absolute c*nt of a person.

Well I hope this finally results in the Hillsborough Law being agreed and ratified as first proposed by Burnham years ago.
Outrageous that considering he only got spurred into action when Anfield told him en masse what they thought of his governments non-action. Respect to what he's done since but this is a fight that has been lead by the families and the victims and their justice seeking brothers and sisters everywhere.

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2021, 06:05:15 pm »
Did the CPS throw this on purpose?