Author Topic: Keep it Cheap Football Draft  (Read 7063 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Keep it Cheap Football Draft
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2021, 12:42:35 pm »
Scrapes in with 101 from what I can see  :o

Sound. I did a rudimentary count of his games and it added up to more than 100 but happy to change if anyone disagrees.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2021, 12:45:09 pm »
I'll give it til 13:00 then pick if Betty hasn't sprung into action.

Done. Sorry for the delay, I'm working nights right now.

Thanks to Pete for posting my pick earlier. My hipster dream attack is shaping up nicely.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2021, 01:18:21 pm »
i thought you could only have one player that had a transfer in the 90s?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2021, 01:23:09 pm »
I think the post-2000 rule was only the 100 appearances and the 90s wildcard rule was binned off? It definitely means a few teams need a complete rethink if it is the case though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2021, 01:25:09 pm »
If the wildcard was binned off, I wish someone would have said something.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2021, 01:27:55 pm »
I’m speculating based on that no one seems to have done it or referenced it since. I would assume it would mean picks like Prosinecki who was £7.2m in 91 would all of a sudden become ineligible.

Or, is it that the wildcard is one who doesn’t need to have played 100 apps post 2000 and as long as they’re sub - £5m, you can have other players who’s move was in the 90s as long as they fulfil the apps requirement?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2021, 01:31:02 pm »
I’m speculating based on that no one seems to have done it or referenced it since. I would assume it would mean picks like Prosinecki who was £7.2m in 91 would all of a sudden become ineligible.

Or, is it that the wildcard is one who doesn’t need to have played 100 apps post 2000?

I believe the rule the same for the wildcard [still have had to play in the 2000s with 100 apps] but obviously just one such player per team.

It's alright  if I'm the only one under that impression. It's too late now anyway

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2021, 01:44:20 pm »

I believe that was discussed and discarded on page one of the discussion

Also, can we lose the wildcard option? Post 2000 sounds much better, we’ll just get the usual suspects going first round with a wildcard

I agree, but thought I should let the players decide.

If not then I'm totally screwed  ;D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2021, 02:12:46 pm »
Looks like Elzar changed the rule, based on his other thread and the edit to the main post.

As you were :D, would have made some other choices but oh well

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2021, 02:17:20 pm »
Looks like Elzar changed the rule, based on his other thread and the edit to the main post.

Alright Ole  ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2021, 02:19:03 pm »
Will give pete 15 more minutes and will make my pick

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2021, 02:31:58 pm »

Sorry mate, put the final rules in the selection thread, the blue rules in this one were what I wanted some player choices on and it seemed best to bin the wildcard to make it more straight forward.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2021, 02:37:14 pm »
Sorry mate, put the final rules in the selection thread, the blue rules in this one were what I wanted some player choices on and it seemed best to bin the wildcard to make it more straight forward.

It's all good, I'm just glad I realized it now hahah.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2021, 02:38:47 pm »
Worst picture you could've gone with to remind people of Vidic's dominance there Tub!  ;D I toyed with picking him, went Pique and Varane instead as they've had longer peaks at the top of the game, but Vidic had a four/five year period where he was one of the best and most fearsome CBs on the planet. Just had an odd blind spot for Torres he couldn't seem to get over.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2021, 02:40:18 pm »
Stevie had him up a few times too lest we forget
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2021, 02:40:29 pm »
Worst picture you could've gone with to remind people of Vidic's dominance there Tub!  ;D I toyed with picking him, went Pique and Varane instead as they've had longer peaks at the top of the game, but Vidic had a four/five year period where he was one of the best and most fearsome CBs on the planet. Just had an odd blind spot for Torres he couldn't seem to get over.

Can't ever post a picture of Vidic on RAWK without it being from that match.  Had my eye on Varane, but Vidic and Kompany is a nice mesh of abilities and I'll get bonus votes for the teams they played for.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2021, 02:41:31 pm »
I don't have any more of Max's picks. He only gave me 2.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2021, 02:47:03 pm »
Stevie had him up a few times too lest we forget
Yeah beasted him physically a few times aerially in the 4-1 at Old Trafford.

Can't ever post a picture of Vidic on RAWK without it being from that match.  Had my eye on Varane, but Vidic and Kompany is a nice mesh of abilities and I'll get bonus votes for the teams they played for.
I picked Vidic in Trend's monster Euro draft and it didn't do me any massive favours  ;D I'm fairly impartial usually about individual's abilities though, I have no issue in saying both Ferdinand and Vidic were world class in their primes. Kompany was too, although ridiculously fragile in his late 20s through to his 30s.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2021, 02:54:23 pm »
I don't have any more of Max's picks. He only gave me 2.

No problem mate. Timed my alarm clock perfectly. Thank you.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2021, 02:55:16 pm »
Zola is a great pick, didn't even cross my mind.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2021, 02:59:20 pm »
Is there anywhere to see how many appearances Luis Enrique made in his last 4 years at Barca?  2000-2004?

cheers

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2021, 03:04:15 pm »
Is there anywhere to see how many appearances Luis Enrique made in his last 4 years at Barca?  2000-2004?

cheers

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luis-enrique/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/7601

You're good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2021, 03:04:53 pm »
Has Nadal always had a wonky eye?  Never noticed that before.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2021, 03:06:45 pm »
Zola is a great pick, didn't even cross my mind.

I swear I looked him up and discarded him due to too big a fee/too few appearances. Turns out I'm just an idiot  :D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2021, 03:11:55 pm »
Eh wtf. I was posting Pizzaro before Pete lol. The website lagged.

Ah you can have him Pete.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2021, 03:12:01 pm »
Nice try Max, changing his kit isn't gonna work  ;)

Might want to pick again fella.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2021, 03:18:14 pm »
Eh wtf. I was posting Pizzaro before Pete lol. The website lagged.

Ah you can have him Pete.

haha sorry man.  I was catching up anyway.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2021, 03:19:15 pm »
Recoba, thats a lovely pick

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2021, 03:20:28 pm »
haha sorry man.  I was catching up anyway.

Its all fine. I really wanted Pizzaro because he is awesome I have never picked him, but I would have been shoehorning him into my team anyway.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2021, 03:21:49 pm »
Recoba a much better pick, a bit sickened I didn't think of him at all, great pick.

Stole Ronaldo's thunder big time on his Inter debut. Not many have outshone the great one, even for a second.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2021, 04:18:19 pm »
Aww man just found a beast of a striker who qualifies

I've got too many attacking options already so cant go for him.  Interesting to see when he goes.  So surprised he hasn't yet.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2021, 04:19:22 pm »
How beastly are we talking....

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2021, 04:19:42 pm »
I'm surprised yous lot haven't picked one particular world class rightback.

Back four complete

Zanetti - Godin  - De Boer - Irwin

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2021, 04:23:09 pm »
I'm surprised yous lot haven't picked one particular world class rightback.

Back four complete

Zanetti - Godin  - De Boer - Irwin

Pretty sure I know who that is. I considered him but he had a very short peak and defensively was a bit suspect IMO. Sure someone will snap him up though.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2021, 04:26:47 pm »
How beastly are we talking....

WC winner that's all I'm saying.  Full 90 mins in the final too so no benchwarmer this lad.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2021, 04:28:36 pm »
Fucking Hell.  Simone Perrotta born in Ashton-under-Lyne

Bet he wished he'd taken English nationality so he doesn't have to stare at his world cup winners medal when he goes to bed every night.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 11, 2021, 04:29:17 pm »
WC winner that's all I'm saying.  Full 90 mins in the final too so no benchwarmer this lad.

Ahhh I think I know who you mean, yeah proper beast. Would go well in a few of these teams too

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #197 on: May 11, 2021, 04:35:06 pm »
Ahhh I think I know who you mean, yeah proper beast. Would go well in a few of these teams too

Guivarc'h wasn't that good, mate.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 11, 2021, 04:38:15 pm »
Guivarc'h wasn't that good, mate.

Didn't play the whole final. Thought you were meant to be the encyclopaedia on hipster French strikers?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 11, 2021, 04:38:38 pm »
Got a very solid midfield three to protect Pique and Varane, with Kimmich and Marcelo allowed freedom to get up and down now. Happy enough with that.