Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2787739 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats
« Reply #15160 on: June 11, 2021, 11:51:24 pm »
If I was one of his colleagues who'd lost out in the raffle I'd be fucking fuming with him!

Yep.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15161 on: June 12, 2021, 02:49:03 am »
Maybe because I'm not on twitter I haven't seen it, but has he actually done anything beyond the normal in this regard?

He's quite rightly pulled people up over their racist comments and behaviour (if not his team mates..) but I haven't seen him do any community work or set up charitys or stuff. Certainly when you compare his work with what Rashford has done regarding child hunger and poverty, it's night and day.

Other than the foundation he set up, providing support such as university scholarships to disadvantaged youths, teaming up with a mentoring charity as part of his new boot deal, and the fact Rashford has said it was Sterling who inspired him to campaign to end child food poverty? Apart from that, he's done nowt...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15162 on: June 12, 2021, 08:53:12 am »
Sterling is getting an MBE in the Queen's birthday honours for services to racial equality in sport.
Absolutely astounded by this.
Services to racial equality despite not speaking out when his fans racially abused an opponent, defending his team mate for posting racist jokes online and playing for a human rights abusing regime. I give up, never seen anything so ridiculous.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15163 on: June 12, 2021, 09:35:03 am »
Services to racial equality despite not speaking out when his fans racially abused an opponent, defending his team mate for posting racist jokes online and playing for a human rights abusing regime. I give up, never seen anything so ridiculous.

Perhaps they got confused and thought MBE stood for Massive Bell End

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15164 on: June 12, 2021, 09:58:20 am »

Some who are a celebrity and rich get to throw a proportion to charities and do about 1% effort to get an MBE, others slog their guts out all their life do about 20 million times the effort for people less fortunate, however they get fuck all in return apart from maybe getting told their pension was wiped out due to ‘financial difficulties’.

Not knocking the great things they’ve done, as Hendo has also, but many thousands do so much more and get fuck all recognition. It’s all a bit pathetic and why so many refuse these ‘titles’.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #15165 on: June 12, 2021, 10:09:17 am »
Some who are a celebrity and rich get to throw a proportion to charities and do about 1% effort to get an MBE, others slog their guts out all their life do about 20 million times the effort for people less fortunate, however they get fuck all in return apart from maybe getting told their pension was wiped out due to ‘financial difficulties’.

Not knocking the great things they’ve done, as Hendo has also, but many thousands do so much more and get fuck all recognition. It’s all a bit pathetic and why so many refuse these ‘titles’.

I'm almost entirely disinterested in the/any country's honours process, but stumbled into this one so I'll play Devil's advocate and suggest that perhaps having well-known people 'recognised' is useful from an awareness-raising perspective.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15166 on: June 12, 2021, 11:12:31 am »
Other than the foundation he set up, providing support such as university scholarships to disadvantaged youths, teaming up with a mentoring charity as part of his new boot deal, and the fact Rashford has said it was Sterling who inspired him to campaign to end child food poverty? Apart from that, he's done nowt...

As I said, I'm not on twitter or most other social media (basically held hostage to Facebook by my mum and extended family) and most of my newspaper comes from reading the Guardian and BBC app, with the Athletic for sport, so I might not have seen anything. If he's done all that then great, fair play to him, I retract what I said.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15167 on: June 12, 2021, 01:16:07 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #15168 on: June 14, 2021, 12:39:54 pm »
Oh  I dunno, I would have done the same!

Also wouldn’t the insurance on this kind of car be massive?

I would like to think that I’d give more than 5% to charity though, being as its ‘free money’.  That is stingy as heck.

Seeing the vid of Aguero raffling it, and the big deal made of it, and him handing the keys over only for the guy to stick it on Ebay as quick as he could, it’d been better if Aguero just got someone to sell it off for charity in the first place!
For me, it's a dick move by the guy. It was obviously a nice gesture on Aguero's part as a thank you.

An evoque is pretty much an entry level SUV, a nice car but not horrendous in terms or running costs, insurance etc, and not worth tons (at 5 years old).

If he was giving half to charity I'd understand but Ebay will make more from the sale than the charity. Pure greed imo.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15169 on: June 14, 2021, 02:41:34 pm »
For me, it's a dick move by the guy. It was obviously a nice gesture on Aguero's part as a thank you.

An evoque is pretty much an entry level SUV, a nice car but not horrendous in terms or running costs, insurance etc, and not worth tons (at 5 years old).

If he was giving half to charity I'd understand but Ebay will make more from the sale than the charity. Pure greed imo.

Nothing but greed, the cheeky fucker. You can get the same age/spec car from a dealer for about £16 -17k, so even if it sold at £23k, after the paltry £1100 donation, he's making about £7k more than he would selling private/to a dealer.

Add to that, its not even a proper Range Rover, its a shitty Evoque.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #15170 on: June 14, 2021, 04:10:49 pm »
Current highest bid is £32k.

Probably safe to say that Aguero might have owned it but I doubt he drove it much given the other cars he owns.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15171 on: June 14, 2021, 04:18:29 pm »
Current highest bid is £32k.

Probably safe to say that Aguero might have owned it but I doubt he drove it much given the other cars he owns.

Massive profit for the bloke selling it.

Every pic I ever saw of him, he was either in one of his Ferraris, Lamborghinis or the fancy Range Rover Sport.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #15172 on: June 14, 2021, 06:07:28 pm »
Massive profit for the bloke selling it.

Every pic I ever saw of him, he was either in one of his Ferraris, Lamborghinis or the fancy Range Rover Sport.

£32,100 now and says reserve not met. Greedy fucker got the car for nothing and wants more than £35,000 for it (less a couple of grand to charity).  It's not like he's on poor wages either. One source I found says a kit man at a Premier League club earns around £56k a year.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15173 on: June 14, 2021, 06:20:02 pm »
£32,100 now and says reserve not met. Greedy fucker got the car for nothing and wants more than £35,000 for it (less a couple of grand to charity).  It's not like he's on poor wages either. One source I found says a kit man at a Premier League club earns around £56k a year.

I have no issues with him selling the car, but using the charity angle and then giving them a shitty 5% is fucking despicable

Stingy bastards at West Ham pay the assistant kitman under £20k.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15174 on: June 14, 2021, 06:21:58 pm »

Hope the reserve isn't met and he can't sell it!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15175 on: June 14, 2021, 08:18:55 pm »
It's an old Evoque, it's not worth anything in terms of value.  Aquero's name is the only thing that elevates it.  I have a hard time believing Aguero had it for more than five minutes. 

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15176 on: June 15, 2021, 10:58:21 am »
It's an old Evoque, it's not worth anything in terms of value.  Aquero's name is the only thing that elevates it.  I have a hard time believing Aguero had it for more than five minutes.
Not sure I'd agree that an Evoque of that age is 'not worth anything.' It's worth at least £20k if not considerably more. That's something in my book at least  ;D
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15177 on: June 15, 2021, 11:06:06 am »
Depends who you ask i guess,£20k is 4 times my yearly income nowadays sadly.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15178 on: June 15, 2021, 11:17:06 am »
Not sure I'd agree that an Evoque of that age is 'not worth anything.' It's worth at least £20k if not considerably more. That's something in my book at least  ;D

Yeah, it's not worth nothing, at most its worth £22k due to the low miles, you can get one with 40k on for around £17k. The DPF is likely fucked though with only doing 2k a year

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15179 on: June 16, 2021, 10:09:39 am »
City's opening game against Tottenham away has been moved to the Lamex stadium, Guardiola's side will now play Stevenage in the opener subject to clearance of transfers of Kane, Grealish & Haaland.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15180 on: June 16, 2021, 01:08:13 pm »
 ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15181 on: June 16, 2021, 01:14:55 pm »
"MCFC SERGIO AGUERO" on the sub-title, talk about milking it ::)

Hope it doesn't sell and this greedy fucker is stuck with the car.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #15182 on: June 16, 2021, 01:39:41 pm »
Someone should bid £100,000 and then just not pay.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15183 on: June 16, 2021, 04:13:03 pm »
Someone should bid £100,000 and then just not pay.

I'm sure there are some rules preventing just that. That any offer is legally binding or the like.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15184 on: June 16, 2021, 04:32:32 pm »
I'm sure there are some rules preventing just that. That any offer is legally binding or the like.

On ebay? Doubtful.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15185 on: June 16, 2021, 04:38:35 pm »

Bid - pay - collect - complain - get full refund and keep the car.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15186 on: June 17, 2021, 12:22:02 pm »
On ebay? Doubtful.

Yeah I don't think there is, or there never used to be anyway, there was a spate of people doing it around the Kiev final when people were trying to sell tickets on there.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15187 on: June 17, 2021, 06:35:48 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15189 on: June 21, 2021, 04:04:09 pm »
Have bid for £100 million for Kane according to Sky.

Keeping the league competitive.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15190 on: June 21, 2021, 04:11:36 pm »

People mock the Bundesliga for Bayern hoovering up their rivals star players but yet here we are.  If they get Kane he will join a group of players they've had from their rivals that includes Kyle Walker, Raheem Sterling and their signing from the winners of the 20/21 Premier League (October) John Stones.

At £100m Man City are really in a market of one so it's not like Spurs can really turn it down in favour of selling him to a non-rival.

Levy will be thinking that's 10% of the stadium paid off  8)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #15191 on: June 21, 2021, 04:14:33 pm »

No way he goes for 100 million.

That’s 50 million shy of the valuation.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15192 on: June 21, 2021, 04:17:38 pm »
No way he goes for 100 million.

That’s 50 million shy of the valuation.
£150m buys you Haaland or Mbappe surely?  You'd be mad to go for Harry Kane in that market who's much older and has ankles made out of crisps.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15193 on: June 21, 2021, 04:23:56 pm »
People mock the Bundesliga for Bayern hoovering up their rivals star players but yet here we are.  If they get Kane he will join a group of players they've had from their rivals that includes Kyle Walker, Raheem Sterling and their signing from the winners of the 20/21 Premier League (October) John Stones.

At £100m Man City are really in a market of one so it's not like Spurs can really turn it down in favour of selling him to a non-rival.

Levy will be thinking that's 10% of the stadium paid off  8)
Walker, Stones, Tevez, Sterling, Barry, Lescott, Clichy, Toure, Rodwell, Bony, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Sinclair, Bridge, Nasri, Mahrez, Bellamy, Delph, Given, Sagna, Milner...

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15194 on: June 21, 2021, 04:24:01 pm »
£150m buys you Haaland or Mbappe surely?  You'd be mad to go for Harry Kane in that market who's much older and has ankles made out of crisps.

True but money is not an issue for City they have cheated FFP a few times so they can do as they like now.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15195 on: June 21, 2021, 04:26:09 pm »
£100m? Didn't Guardiola imply they were skint? Surely he hasn't been telling lies
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15196 on: June 21, 2021, 04:35:33 pm »
I rather they get kane over Haaland or Martinez to be honest.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #15197 on: June 21, 2021, 04:37:49 pm »

Levy won’t sell him cheaply
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15198 on: June 21, 2021, 04:40:28 pm »
I rather they get kane over Haaland or Martinez to be honest.

Yes, but it's the best move posible for them.
With Englands captain playing for them they'll effectively overtake Manchester Untied as the media darling and wash away their sins forever.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #15199 on: June 21, 2021, 04:48:17 pm »

I mean what do they care? Even if they get him they will still go for Haaland and Mbappe next year