Author Topic: The Boys  (Read 54489 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: The Boys
« Reply #400 on: December 10, 2020, 06:24:17 pm »
Just finished season 2 and found it nearly as enjoyable as the first, good stuff. Anthony Starr is fantastic and it’s set up nicely for season 3.

I think Frenchie might be my favourite character, his reaction in the flashback to MM’s bachelor party suggestion had me laughing out loud, great expressions.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2020, 04:30:29 am »
The most unrealistic thing about this show is that a twentysomething bloke would listen to Billy Joel. Superheroes created by a nefarious corporation I'm totally on board with. But Billy Joel stretches credulity beyond breaking point.

I laughed my arse off at Doppelganger offering to suck Homelander off and Homelander seriously considering it. Antony Starr is doing fantastic work here, just like he did in Banshee.
I'm 28 and I've been listening to a lot of Billy Joel and Elton for the past 6 years!

Anyway, just finished season 2. Fucking great show, can't wait for S3

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: January 29, 2021, 03:27:29 pm »
I'm late to this, rattled through both seasons, brilliantly subversive stuff.  Best thing on Amazon.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #403 on: June 7, 2021, 06:14:13 pm »
First pictures released of Jensen Ackles as Soldier Boy

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #404 on: July 8, 2021, 10:54:57 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8PrnILnYOj4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8PrnILnYOj4</a>

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: January 21, 2022, 10:02:43 am »
Series 3 starts 3rd June.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: March 6, 2022, 12:18:16 pm »
To tide us over until season 3, there's some animated stuff on amazon that is well worth a watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16350094/

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: March 6, 2022, 01:51:21 pm »
To tide us over until season 3, there's some animated stuff on amazon that is well worth a watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16350094/

That cast list is obscene. Ben Schwartz, Awkwafina, Seth Rogen, Elisabeth Shue, Kumail Nanjiani, Kieran Culkin, Andy Samberg, Simon Pegg, Christian Slater, Giancarlo Esposito, Antony Starr, Chris Diamantopolous, Michael Ceta, Don Cheadle, Kevin Smith.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #408 on: March 12, 2022, 05:06:23 pm »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: March 12, 2022, 05:25:36 pm »
Interesting, as cool as the shows has been I don't think there's any denying that Butcher has been a useless tit for most of it.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #410 on: March 12, 2022, 05:55:34 pm »
Season 3 looks awesome can't wait

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RUPPHdYZgtY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RUPPHdYZgtY</a>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 06:00:42 pm by Trada »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 13, 2022, 07:53:53 pm »
Interesting, as cool as the shows has been I don't think there's any denying that Butcher has been a useless tit for most of it.

I think he’s been entertaining but he hasn’t achieved much at all so far. Homelander is the star and Queen Maeve is the hottie.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #412 on: May 16, 2022, 08:03:41 pm »
New trailer just dropped Soldier boy looks like he's going to be brital

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/K-8VYKUZYiw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/K-8VYKUZYiw</a>

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: June 3, 2022, 04:06:44 pm »
First 3 episodes of season 3 are out, binged them already.

Picking up right where it left off, so entertaining.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: June 3, 2022, 08:12:57 pm »
Same, burned through all three, more of the same and I'm okay with that!

Spoiler
I'm curious to see how the temporary compound V story works out, Butcher is finally getting shit done but three doses isn't much, unless it ends up lasting longer than planned.

Good to see them sprinkling in stuff from the comics too, the stories have diverged massively at this point but the comics had some amazing moments.
[close]

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: June 6, 2022, 01:08:57 am »
Some unnecessary "grossness" - but intense!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #416 on: June 6, 2022, 01:35:23 am »
Some unnecessary "grossness" - but intense!

Every episode does have a sort of Hamburger Hill moment...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: June 6, 2022, 04:50:36 pm »
Can't wait for Homelander to get his. What a character though, full of menace

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: June 6, 2022, 04:56:09 pm »
Homelander's upped the cuntiness to another level.

Spoiler
I thought this Soldier Boy character was supposed to be someone who'd be giving Homeland his comeuppance and not another sex pest, murderous freak.
[close]

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: June 6, 2022, 05:37:46 pm »
Homelander's upped the cuntiness to another level.

Spoiler
I thought this Soldier Boy character was supposed to be someone who'd be giving Homeland his comeuppance and not another sex pest, murderous freak.
[close]

Spoiler
He might not be a good person but I could see him coming to blows with Homelander over leadership of the seven.
[close]

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #420 on: June 6, 2022, 06:42:33 pm »
New trailer just dropped Soldier boy looks like he's going to be brital

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/K-8VYKUZYiw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/K-8VYKUZYiw</a>

Classic picture

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunk_shot#/media/File%3ABlonde_white_pink_trunk-shot.jpg

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #421 on: June 6, 2022, 08:23:44 pm »
S3E1 minute 12

Fucking hell

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #422 on: June 6, 2022, 08:49:09 pm »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: June 6, 2022, 09:31:25 pm »
Literally every convo Homelander is having with people is amazing so far.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #424 on: June 6, 2022, 09:39:05 pm »
Achoo?

Who thinks that up. Who starts to think through in their mind how that scene would play out.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: June 6, 2022, 09:39:53 pm »
Who thinks that up. Who starts to think through in their mind how that scene would play out.

it made me a bit sick. lol.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #426 on: June 6, 2022, 11:23:02 pm »
Laughed at this a reaction to the Termiteman scene

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/P6IbE3jpFGQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/P6IbE3jpFGQ</a>

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: June 7, 2022, 02:55:04 am »
That scene is seriously fucked up. But it's only the second most fucked up scene I've watched on a show. Ash Vs Evil Dead's morgue scene probably just about tops it for how absurd it is.

Karl Urban in this continues to brilliant. Dodgy accent aside, it's just his mannerisms and the way he delivers lines that crack me  up. "You wanna watch me 'ave a wank? It'll cost you a tenner!" The dynamic between Homelander and Butcher is interesting.

There's one thing that I noticed, and I'm not sure if its just me or what, but the actress that plays Starlight definitely looks weird in this. There's something different about her face. I didn't even recognize her in one or two scenes and I wasn't sure who Hughey was talking to.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #428 on: June 7, 2022, 06:01:01 am »
That scene is seriously fucked up. But it's only the second most fucked up scene I've watched on a show. Ash Vs Evil Dead's morgue scene probably just about tops it for how absurd it is.

Karl Urban in this continues to brilliant. Dodgy accent aside, it's just his mannerisms and the way he delivers lines that crack me  up. "You wanna watch me 'ave a wank? It'll cost you a tenner!" The dynamic between Homelander and Butcher is interesting.

There's one thing that I noticed, and I'm not sure if its just me or what, but the actress that plays Starlight definitely looks weird in this. There's something different about her face. I didn't even recognize her in one or two scenes and I wasn't sure who Hughey was talking to.

I just thought she had just lost some weight since the last series and her face is thinner.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: June 7, 2022, 07:04:28 am »
Yeah Starlight deffo looks thinner. Still gorgeous but my girl Maeve isn’t getting much screen time!

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #430 on: June 7, 2022, 12:58:32 pm »
Literally every convo Homelander is having with people is amazing so far.

Homelander and Butcher are good characters played brilliantly. His dodgy over played accent makes it even better. The music played beyond Homelander at times to generate the suspense of what appalling action will come next is fantastic.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: June 7, 2022, 01:02:46 pm »
Just started watching this after years of my lad telling me to do so.

What an amazing pilot episode.  Cant wait to fly through the whole series.

Brilliant stuff.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: June 7, 2022, 02:39:06 pm »
Apparently the Termite scene owes its origins to Marvel fans theorizing why Ant-Man couldn't do something similar to Thanos...

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #433 on: June 7, 2022, 05:14:46 pm »
"You wanna watch me 'ave a wank? It'll cost you a tenner!"

Proper laugh out very loud moment. Brilliantly delivered line.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: June 7, 2022, 08:14:13 pm »
Love this show. Better than last season so far I reckon. Homelander gets all the plaudits and rightly so, but Chace Crawford as The Deep is great, wonder if he'll do more comedy roles after this because he's got the timing/delivery for it. Episode 6 (Herogasm) is generating a lot of hype - apparently a lot of the cast and crew were quite traumatized by it  :D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: June 8, 2022, 01:24:42 am »
Love this show. Better than last season so far I reckon. Homelander gets all the plaudits and rightly so, but Chace Crawford as The Deep is great, wonder if he'll do more comedy roles after this because he's got the timing/delivery for it. Episode 6 (Herogasm) is generating a lot of hype - apparently a lot of the cast and crew were quite traumatized by it  :D
Didn't think they'd have the balls to put that on screen. If it's anything like the comics, I'd wonder how they got it passed the censors. Then again we've already had a scene where a man crawls up inside a penis and the resulting aftermath of him sneezing inside it.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: June 8, 2022, 07:11:36 am »
Same, burned through all three, more of the same and I'm okay with that!

Spoiler
I'm curious to see how the temporary compound V story works out, Butcher is finally getting shit done but three doses isn't much, unless it ends up lasting longer than planned.

Good to see them sprinkling in stuff from the comics too, the stories have diverged massively at this point but the comics had some amazing moments.
[close]

Hasn't it already lasted longer than 24 hours for him, it wouldn't be a shock if it ended up being permanent.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #437 on: June 8, 2022, 09:38:36 am »
So cruel to give us the first three and then make us wait a week for each episode after that.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: June 9, 2022, 01:49:59 pm »
I'm on E6 of S1 and am quite gobsmacked just how good this show is.   Aside from the tremendous characters, storyline and plot, it takes a proper good old swipe at corporate America.

One minute your laughing your tits off, next your watching through your fingers or squirming.  Both hating and loving certain characters in equal measures just like the writers want us to.

Hughie's Retro AC/DC High Voltage t-shirt is Episode 6 is so cool too.

I think that scene with Deep and the Dolphin rescue was one of the funniest (and hilariously tragic) things I've ever seen. :lmao

No matter what it throws at you, I don't expect you could ever seriously accuse this show of "Jumping the Shark".  But...

Spoiler
That scene where Butcher uses a baby dosed up with Compound V to laser-eye a couple of baddies, was totally nuts (In a good way!)
[close]

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #439 on: June 9, 2022, 01:52:43 pm »
I'm on E6 of S1 and am quite gobsmacked just how good this show is.   Aside from the tremendous characters, storyline and plot, it takes a proper good old swipe at corporate America.

One minute your laughing your tits off, next your watching through your fingers or squirming.  Both hating and loving certain characters in equal measures just like the writers want us to.

Hughie's Retro AC/DC High Voltage t-shirt is Episode 6 is so cool too.

I think that scene with Deep and the Dolphin rescue was one of the funniest (and hilariously tragic) things I've ever seen. :lmao

No matter what it throws at you, I don't expect you could ever seriously accuse this show of "Jumping the Shark".  But...

Spoiler
That scene where Butcher uses a baby dosed up with Compound V to laser-eye a couple of baddies, was totally nuts (In a good way!)
[close]

You've seen nothing yet