Author Topic: Advice - partners parents  (Read 27707 times)

Online butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Advice - partners parents
« Reply #280 on: April 7, 2020, 02:48:05 pm »
There comes a point where you start wondering if it's worth the effort you both are putting in? You've tried every trick in the book in trying to get them back on your side and they've told you to fuck off every single time, for no reason at all. They'll be on their deathbed about to die and even in that moment they'll tell you to fuck off. Like the post above says, I also feel there's something up with them. It's not normal behaviour and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried something on you.

How do you mean, tried something mate? Yeh, we're both not going any further with any reaching out etc. The stuff we've done was more to satisfy my partner that she's done everything she can and allow her to move forward with her life without any guilt over the situation. I think they've got serious mental issues.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #281 on: April 7, 2020, 04:59:55 pm »
How do you mean, tried something mate?

My guess is if you and your partner continue with this relationship, then her parents will do their utmost to riddle both of you with as much guilt as they can before going to their graves. They seem like that type. They'd rather get one up on you and make you feel like it was you who was wrong all along - instead of making peace and cherishing what little time they have left with their daughters. If I was your partner I'd be bracing myself for being left fuck all in their wills and letters being left behind telling her how miserable she made them in their dying days

As I say mate, there's more to these 2 than meets the eye. This went far beyond stubbornness and snobbery a long time ago and from what you've told us, you aren't the first bloke to experience their nasty side. All the indicators point to this one ending terribly for your missus I'm afraid to say. Normal people don't behave like that. I'm sorry, but they just don't
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: February 7, 2021, 01:34:58 pm »
Wondered about this thread earlier. How are things going? Did you manage to get anything sorted with them?

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #283 on: June 9, 2021, 09:59:26 am »
Wondered about this thread earlier. How are things going? Did you manage to get anything sorted with them?

Completely forgot all about this thread. Hopefully everything's worked out how you wanted it to

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #284 on: August 2, 2021, 10:17:13 pm »
I also wonder how this ended up. Reading the thread again made my blood boil.

I must have missed it at the time - read through it this evening.  Hope BD and their partner are doing well; sounds like an immensely stressful situation, and the onset of pandemic last year can only have increased emotional burdens on all parties.

Online Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: August 7, 2021, 10:27:46 am »
I know of a situation about twenty years ago were the father of a girl who met the boyfriends father for the first time and not long after meeting blatantly said " We don't think your son is good enough for our daughter". They deemed themselves middle class , the Mother was an accountant and the father was a senior manager and their daughter went to a private school.

The boyfriends dad was my mate and a joiner and his mum was a cleaner and the lad was working as a bus driver but had done really well at school and had plans to do something else.

The couple stayed together for about another year but split up without any children and about a year later the lad got a job in the civil service and over the years has climbed the ladder and is now some type of manager himself and married with three kids.

My mate bumped into his sons first girlfriends father at Aintree when his son had treated his Mum and Dad to a really nice part with a meal etc for their 65th birthday a few years ago, it turns out the ex-girlfriend had been married twice and was now living by herself.

When the girls father asked my mate how his son was getting on "On The Buses" He said the devil inside him took great pleasure in saying " He's a Big Boss in The Home Office now and he's paid for us all to be in a box today...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: August 7, 2021, 12:08:00 pm »
I know of a situation about twenty years ago were the father of a girl who met the boyfriends father for the first time and not long after meeting blatantly said " We don't think your son is good enough for our daughter". They deemed themselves middle class , the Mother was an accountant and the father was a senior manager and their daughter went to a private school.

The boyfriends dad was my mate and a joiner and his mum was a cleaner and the lad was working as a bus driver but had done really well at school and had plans to do something else.

The couple stayed together for about another year but split up without any children and about a year later the lad got a job in the civil service and over the years has climbed the ladder and is now some type of manager himself and married with three kids.

My mate bumped into his sons first girlfriends father at Aintree when his son had treated his Mum and Dad to a really nice part with a meal etc for their 65th birthday a few years ago, it turns out the ex-girlfriend had been married twice and was now living by herself.

When the girls father asked my mate how his son was getting on "On The Buses" He said the devil inside him took great pleasure in saying " He's a Big Boss in The Home Office now and he's paid for us all to be in a box today...

:lmao

It shouldn't matter if he cleans toilets, drives a bus or works for the Civil service, so long as he did right by the daughter and loved and respected her. Love seeing snobby pricks brought crashing back down to earth.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #287 on: October 21, 2023, 04:17:04 pm »
Stumbled upon this 2 years on. Hopefully everything has sorted itself out 🤞

Online butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #288 on: November 27, 2023, 12:31:33 pm »
Hi folks,

Apologies for those who have since enquired how things are going, it’s very kind of people to check in, I just had to stay away from this thread for a good while as the situation took too much out of me.

It’s been a funny old ride since then. In terms of her parents, we haven’t seen them since the day they stormed out of the house, over four years ago. My OH went to see a therapist as a result. I tried my best to support her, then had a breakdown and ended up seeing someone too (actually one of the best things I’ve ever done, pretty convinced she saved my life, and it’s made me much more resilient and able to look after my mental wellbeing both personally and professionally).

I can’t remember what I originally shared, but we did try everything to try and be the bigger people. My OH went round to put a card and gift through the door for her Father’s birthday in the first year, but the sister came out, verbally abused my OH, then slapped her. So she came back in tears and that approach was binned. She also sent them a letter explaining how they’d made her feel, but that was ignored. Then when Covid kicked off, I (against my better judgement) wrote a note and put it through their door saying that if they needed any shopping etc, I’d get it for them/would support them. I heard nothing back. We reached the conclusion that aside from apologising for being abused, there was nothing more we could do.

Her Mother (and Father) have pretty much followed the playbook, in that they’ve done everything except acknowledge how they’ve behaved, apologise, and commit to some positive change to move forward. Same with her sister, complete silence (I expect they confirm their own misguided thinking in a feedback loop). The ‘everything other than’ includes sending expensive gifts on my OH’s 40th, with smiley face messages on them etc. The flying monkeys have also been out in force over the intervening years, including my OH’s auntie who took it upon herself to continually send messages telling her to reach out to her Mother “before it’s too late”. This got increasingly abusive culminating in a Christmas Day message last year stating she wouldn’t talk to her anymore as she wasn’t engaging with the Mother. When my OH said it was sad she felt that way, and was only basing her view on one side of the story, the response was that she knew “everything.. and I mean everything. Your grandparents (now deceased) would be ashamed of you”. On Christmas Day. Other notable mentions include the dictatorial boyfriend of my OH’s sister, who neither of us have ever met. I genuinely believe her mother has a personality disorder, and that’s being kind. Another part of me thinks how she’s treated her own daughter is evil.

I ended up dreading birthdays and Christmas, as there was always a coms grenade (always from someone else) of some sort thrown over that would upset my OH, and then stress me out too trying to be supportive. I love my now fiancée, but feel sad that neither of us have that connection. From a purely selfish perspective, I think I’d make a good son in law, and it upsets me that I can’t have that. It’s lonely. That said, there’s too much gone on for me to ever want that with them, they’re too hostile and abusive, it’s a more abstract thing, if they were different people. I can’t go through what I did again, it was genuinely frightening how dark things got.

More positively, and perhaps most importantly, we’ve got on with life. We live in a nice house we’ve done up, we’ve been on several great holidays since, experienced new things together, weekend breaks, nice meals, that sort of thing. Things are calmer now than they’ve ever been, but my god, it’s been hard.

So yeah, thanks again folks. Your perspective at the start of it all was invaluable, and gave me strength when I didn’t really have anything left.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2023, 02:27:50 pm »
That's an utterly wretched situation, BD, I feel so sorry for you and your fiancee (and congrats on that!).

I've got no useful advice to give, but just wishing you and your other half the best of health and happiness together and I'm very glad to hear that you've both got help from health care professionals on this. 

From a purely selfish perspective, I think I’d make a good son in law, and it upsets me that I can’t have that. It’s lonely.
Goddamn it this breaks my heart.  :'(
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2023, 02:35:21 pm »
Onlinebutchersdog, It seems you and your other half have tried everything to mend this awful situation you have been in for a long time now.
I personally think now is the time to move on like you have of late and get on with your lives.
You've both tried to heal things to no avail.
Good luck with the future.

Life is not a rehearsal.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: November 27, 2023, 05:51:40 pm »
Fai fucks to you BD for sticking it out, this was my advice on pg 1

I thought my mother in law was bad, but this one sounds like the Queen Bitch from hell. I'm almost certain a lot of my depression issues have been caused by the old bitch, this one would have had me sectioned.

Honestly mate, get out of this relationship before it ruins you. They are determined to control her and to despise every boyfriend she has, they aren't going to come around to like you, they will do nothing but make your life a misery until you give up and walk away.

My prediction did come true about what it would do to your mental health, thankfully it seems to have been fixed, but make sure you take care of yourself and if you feel yourself slipping, go get the professional help again.

Whatever you do, stay away from them, keep them out of your life for as long as you can. And be prepared for one of them getting seriously ill and the shit to start up all over again, they'll guilt trip your Fiancee like mad in that situation I feel, one last try at getting their own way, so don't let them wind you up and try, as hard as it will be, to just let it wash over you.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA