Author Topic: Classic Car choices  (Read 36643 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Classic Car choices
« Reply #280 on: September 18, 2019, 10:01:35 pm »
It is a Clubman yes, the 1275GT. The one I was going to buy was a mate of our kids car, he offered me it for something daft like £150 and they wanted around £500 to insure it TPFT. I was 29, had 10 yrs NCB on bikes but hadn't had a car since I was 22 as I used the bike to go everywhere or hired a car if I needed to go to our kids in Bournemouth, so I knocked the idea on the head. It was a cracking little car as well.

What a horrible way for a car to die.

The first generations at least looked like a Mini and are a nice looking car, the later ones are not so nice and then you get those Countryman abominations which should be burnt

As soon as you posted the picture of the 1275 GT it took me back to the 80s when I always used to see one parked up in Blundellsands. It was lovely. Black with gold trim.

Ah yes, my nephew was gutted by the loss of his Cooper. He married a girl from New York and they did a massive road trip around the states in a Winnebego and towed the Cooper behind it. When they found a place they wanted to stay for a while, they'd unhook the Cooper and go touring around in that. Best of both worlds really.

I really like the early BMW version, and the interior is beautiful to my eye. My mate has a silver 2005 Cooper with Cooper S alloys on it. She absolutely loves it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2019, 08:16:18 am »
I only know two people who own a Mini, sadly one is the 5 door version and the other is a Countryman - both gross cars.

One thing this thread drives home to me is how not much made now will ever be classed as a classic. Who will get nostalgic about the fuck ugly miniature Chelsea Tractors that plague the roads these days? Horrible bulky piles of shite.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2019, 12:00:01 pm »
Of course, when you are talking Mini Coopers, these are the best

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2020, 10:36:13 am »
Minder is on ITV4 and I googled the Capri to see what model it was and sadly found this pic from August. Suffered from an under bonnet fire, been happening to a few cars of that vintage apparently.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2020, 12:44:04 pm »
Minder is on ITV4 and I googled the Capri to see what model it was and sadly found this pic from August. Suffered from an under bonnet fire, been happening to a few cars of that vintage apparently.

Ah fuck, that's a beauty that model.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2020, 04:39:40 pm »
Capri was ace.

Was there a 3.0 version before they put the 2.8i in it?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2020, 04:42:44 pm »
Capri was ace.

Yes, there was the 3.0 Ghia and 3.0 'S', the most famous of the 3.0 'S' were the ones used in the Professionals. They also made a Mk 1 RS 3.1, one of my cousins had one of those.

I bought mine too quickly. I got turned down for a loan when I was 20, there was a gorgeous 2.0 'S' in Orange near us, but the bank said No, so I got a bike then a Cortina for my 21st. When I then went to replace that, I was looking for another Cortina but they were all shit, I found a V reg 2.0 GL Capri in Formby and because i was so fed up looking at cars, bought it. It was a great car, but I should have looked for a 3.0 S or a 2.0S
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 04:45:20 pm by Who'd rob a truck worth €19.66? Cheap Xmas scrooge! »

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2020, 04:50:08 pm »
always liked the 280 brooklands capri
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2020, 08:57:27 pm »
always liked the 280 brooklands capri

I loved the colour of those. Start at around £35k up to around £48k now.

Fella I used to work with had two of these, built by Tickford, Aston Martins coachbuilders, fitted with the 2.8 V6 Cologne engine and a Garrett turbo, bought them when they were relatively cheap, around £10 to £12k each he paid. Last time I saw him, he was selling one for around £30k

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: December 16, 2020, 10:33:00 am »
I loved the colour of those. Start at around £35k up to around £48k now.

Fella I used to work with had two of these, built by Tickford, Aston Martins coachbuilders, fitted with the 2.8 V6 Cologne engine and a Garrett turbo, bought them when they were relatively cheap, around £10 to £12k each he paid. Last time I saw him, he was selling one for around £30k

Forgot about Tickford. Thought it said Pickford at first  :lmao

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #290 on: December 16, 2020, 10:42:48 am »
Loved the look of the Capri growing up, seemed utterly unique on British roads in the late 80s/early 90s. When I went to college a mate had an old one as his first car (this would have been about 1998) which seemed so cool at the time but was probably an absolute nightmare for him to keep on the road and insure.

Though saying that, my first two cars were a '90 Mini Checkmate and an '84 Mini Mayfair so had my own old car issues to deal with. At the time you could find some old geezer in any village garage that could probably assemble an A series engine from scrap in their shed, but I wouldn't want to try and run something that old now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 10:45:23 am by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: June 9, 2021, 03:05:00 pm »
Just seen a cream, soft-top TR4 in Tesco Allerton, what a fucking beautiful thing.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #292 on: June 9, 2021, 03:10:47 pm »
A Uni mate had one of these in the early 90's with all the British Leyland baggage that came with it (same colour as well)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: June 9, 2021, 04:44:22 pm »
Just seen a cream, soft-top TR4 in Tesco Allerton, what a fucking beautiful thing.

Gorgeous. Not seen one of those for years

A Uni mate had one of these in the early 90's with all the British Leyland baggage that came with it (same colour as well)

I loved the Dolly S as a kid. My mate got a 1500TC when we were 18, looked a lot like the Sprint. The ignition key went the wrong way, ie to start it, you turned the key to turn off every other car. He forgot once, turned the key to the normal car off, engaged the starter and knocked the starter ring gear off the flywheel. The gearbox comes out through the car, so we spent a couple of freezing nights getting the gearbox out, ring gear in the oven and then back in. It came off first time so we had to do it all over again :butt

Saw one of these today on an 'M' plate, looked tiny.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: June 9, 2021, 07:02:19 pm »

Fine car mate, even better in yellow with the black roof :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: June 9, 2021, 07:46:14 pm »
Fine car mate, even better in yellow with the black roof :)

Oh yes.

Saw this auctioned off on Bangers and Cash on Yesterday the other week, its a Wood & Pickett Dolomite Sprint. I'd never heard of them, found out that they customised Mini's for the likes of Peter Sellers. This one has full leather interior and centre console with arm rest, electric windows, electric sunroof, central locking, alarm, electric boot release, leather bound Wood And Pickett steering wheel, Wood And Pickett number plates, rear seat belts and a fire extinguisher

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #296 on: June 9, 2021, 09:43:10 pm »
OOPS!  Did I leave this here?!
dios esta buena

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: June 9, 2021, 09:57:51 pm »
OOPS!  Did I leave this here?!

My regret is I bought a 2.0GL and not a 2.0 or 3.0S when I got a Capri.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: June 9, 2021, 10:28:22 pm »
^ ^
That's a very unusual Doly Rob, never seen one of those mate.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: June 9, 2021, 10:37:19 pm »
^ ^
That's a very unusual Doly Rob, never seen one of those mate.

Apparently they only ever made one. Until I saw the show I'd never heard of it.

Good show Bangers and Cash. Its an auctioneers in Thornton le Dale called Matthewsons, all classics. They had a rotten Sunbeam Lotus on one episode I caught this week, special edition that had been parked up in a farmyard for 20 years or more. It was a wreck and sold for £13500

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2021, 12:00:57 pm »

A mate of mine had one of these when we were at school.  He used to do karting and would drive everywhere at speed in this thing. But it was a lovely car. I bought my first car, an Opel Manta, off him.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2021, 12:57:01 pm »
Just nosed into this thread and seen the love for the ford Capri , in the 70s my auld fella had two a brown one
reg was MFF366J that he had sprayed lime green around 74/5 . Then he had a white one reg was AMS157R which he had sprayed black and had it until around 1983.

I passed my test in 81 when I was 17 and went on the insurance and always drove it around and it was a shock
going from a learners datsun to a long bonnet like the Capri .

We lived in Anfield in a corner terrace and he converted the backyard into a garage with a roof and and an up and over garage door but the Capri just about fitted in with no more than two inches to spare . He had a tennis ball hanging from a bit of string from the ceiling and when he drove in once it touched his windscreen he knew he was in .

Anyhow one day my mums cleaning the yard out and knocks the ball out the ceiling and just pins it back in
in some random space , a few hours later he drives straight toward the ball and smashes his bumper into yard wall 😀

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2021, 01:14:15 pm »
Capri was ace.

The mk2 had the option of the Ford Essex 3.0 V6, the mk3 could be ordered with the more modern 2.8 Cologne V6. My friends mum had the mk3 2.8 in black. Loved being taken to school in that car.
Justice for the 96!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2021, 02:34:54 pm »
The mk2 had the option of the Ford Essex 3.0 V6, the mk3 could be ordered with the more modern 2.8 Cologne V6. My friends mum had the mk3 2.8 in black. Loved being taken to school in that car.

One of my cousins had a Mk1 3.1 RS, had an overbored 3.0 Essex engine, one of only 250 that were built at Halewood, that was a hell of a car.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2021, 02:48:22 pm »
Yes, there was the 3.0 Ghia and 3.0 'S', the most famous of the 3.0 'S' were the ones used in the Professionals. They also made a Mk 1 RS 3.1, one of my cousins had one of those.

I bought mine too quickly. I got turned down for a loan when I was 20, there was a gorgeous 2.0 'S' in Orange near us, but the bank said No, so I got a bike then a Cortina for my 21st. When I then went to replace that, I was looking for another Cortina but they were all shit, I found a V reg 2.0 GL Capri in Formby and because i was so fed up looking at cars, bought it. It was a great car, but I should have looked for a 3.0 S or a 2.0S
my arl fella had the old Capri with the round lights from the 70s in a dead nice blue colour. Was a monster. Was a lovely looking car from what I remember. Dead sporty looking. Was thinking of getting one myself when I left school to do up

His mate got one of those white sporty ones in the 80s. Dead rare. Was on crime watch cos it got robbed and 5here were only a few of em… think they only came in white and had a thin red stripe down the sides

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2021, 03:05:16 pm »
my arl fella had the old Capri with the round lights from the 70s in a dead nice blue colour. Was a monster. Was a lovely looking car from what I remember. Dead sporty looking. Was thinking of getting one myself when I left school to do up

His mate got one of those white sporty ones in the 80s. Dead rare. Was on crime watch cos it got robbed and 5here were only a few of em… think they only came in white and had a thin red stripe down the sides

Was it one of these, the Tickford?

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2021, 03:12:03 pm »
Was it one of these, the Tickford?

Yeah, thats it. Was gorgeous up close an like i said ,it was dead rare cos theyre not gonna put some 1.2litre on crimewatch even if it does have recaro bucket seats ;D

i had the chance to buy a exscort rs2000 when i was about 18 for £2000 . Was parked in our garage for fucking ages in mint nick with a massive snap on tool shelving unit from america brand new. Gutted i didnt go for it

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2021, 08:22:48 pm »
While we are talking about the Capri, who else likes the Opel Manta?
Justice for the 96!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: June 10, 2021, 09:24:21 pm »

I loved the Manta GTE, but only when fitted with the round headlights, not the Cavalier ones as it looked like a Cav then, would have liked one of them when I was younger.

There were a few cars I wanted as a teen, but then I got into bikes properly and spent all my money on them instead.

GTE/400 Replica.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: June 10, 2021, 09:26:42 pm »
Yeah, thats it. Was gorgeous up close an like i said ,it was dead rare cos theyre not gonna put some 1.2litre on crimewatch even if it does have recaro bucket seats ;D

i had the chance to buy a exscort rs2000 when i was about 18 for £2000 . Was parked in our garage for fucking ages in mint nick with a massive snap on tool shelving unit from america brand new. Gutted i didnt go for it

Fella I worked with had 2 of them, worth a fortune now. The RS2000 was a lovely car too, proper regret not getting that eh.

Kirkby Police used to love tear arsing about in their RS2000 ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2021, 02:28:23 am »
Fella I worked with had 2 of them, worth a fortune now. The RS2000 was a lovely car too, proper regret not getting that eh.

Kirkby Police used to love tear arsing about in their RS2000 ;D
Right i do. haha

Bizzies probably after Mrs Huyton in her white bedford Moby ;D

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2021, 05:03:42 pm »
Yep. Was my first car.  Couldn't tell you too much about it because it was nicked about 2 months after I bought it. The only thing I will say is that I was gutted!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #312 on: June 11, 2021, 10:12:51 pm »

The Manta was a car I near bought..a mate of mine had a Cav SRi at the time & I was wanting to compete  ::) I know.
Almost bought a Mazda RX-7 at the same time..bit of a difference there.
Cars clashed with my lifestyle at the time..bought neither & pissed far too much up the wall.  :-\
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: June 16, 2021, 09:43:09 pm »

Almost bought a Mazda RX-7 at the same time..bit of a difference there.

My mate in college had one, he loved it. Had a rare wankel engine.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: June 16, 2021, 09:58:14 pm »
Heard this load of exhaust and intake noise the other day while out walking, turned around to see a 1970 bright yellow Mexico, it was immaculate.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2021, 12:02:27 pm »
Neil Peart's collection is going up for auction

https://www.goodingco.com/press/article/legendary-rush-drummer-neil-peart-estate-car-collection-to-be-presented-at

1964 Aston Martin DB5 (Estimate: $650,000 – $725,000)
Among the most recognizable and admired grand touring cars of all time is the Aston Martin DB5. Truly as sporty as it is elegant, the DB5 has come to embody the very definition of cool, forever linked to Sir Sean Connery’s portrayal of the ever-charming international spy, James Bond. Mr. Peart’s 1964 Aston Martin DB5, chassis DB5/1690/R, is one of just over 1,000 built, and was acquired by the consignor in 2009. It comes finished in the gorgeous colors of Silver Birch metallic over a navy blue leather interior, and also features a five-speed ZF gearbox and period-correct, alloy-rimmed Borrani wire wheels.

1964 Shelby Cobra 289 (Estimate: $900,000 – $1,000,000)
This magnificent 1964 Shelby Cobra 289, chassis CSX2234, was purchased by Mr. Peart in 2015 to serve as a centerpiece of his remarkable collection. It had received a comprehensive restoration in the mid-2000s, and is stated to have been a particularly intact example prior to the work. Equipped from new with the desirable Ford 289 V-8 engine and rack-and-pinion steering, CSX2234 is finished in all black livery with chrome wire wheels and a side exhaust. As one of the most famous, capable, and coveted sports cars ever built, Mr. Peart’s Cobra is the pride of his inventory of iconic sports cars.

1970 Lamborghini Miura P400 S (Estimate: $1,200,000 – $1,500,000)
Often referred to as the world’s first true supercar, Ferruccio Lamborghini’s reality-defying Miura was the fastest production car of all time upon its release in 1966. Design house Gruppo Bertone’s Marcello Gandini designed the Miura’s stunning coachwork, concealing a mid-mounted transverse V-12 with an astonishingly low overall height of just over 41 inches. The Miura is understandably considered by some to be the most beautiful production car ever built. This particular Lamborghini Miura P400 S from Mr. Peart’s estate, chassis 4042, is finished entirely in his favored silver livery, and comes accented by a black interior. The impressive sports car is also fitted with air-conditioning and its boldly-styled Campagnolo cast alloy wheels.

1965 Maserati Mistral Spider (Estimate: $575,000 – $650,000)
For the 1963 model year, Maserati updated their successful 3500 GT with a completely new model: the Mistral. Featuring sophisticated and modern lines designed by the talented Pietro Frua, a total of 953 Mistrals were produced by the marque over its eight-year production run, of which only a mere 125 were completed as Spider convertibles. Mr. Peart’s Maserati Mistral Spider presented here, chassis AM109/S*049*, was built in 1965 and was initially sold through famed exotic car importer Hoffman Motors in New York City. A comprehensive restoration was performed by the renowned Ken Lovejoy of Boulder Creek, California while the car was under Mr. Peart’s ownership. Presented in a brilliant silver metallic over an oxblood leather interior, this Mistral 3500 Spider appears in superb condition.

1964 Jaguar E-Type Series I 3.8-Litre Coupe (Estimate: $140,000 – $160,000)
This sleek two-place 1964 Jaguar E-Type Series I 3.8-Litre Coupe, chassis 890630, is finished in Opalescent Silver with a red leather interior. It has received significant, thoughtful upgrades, including a Tremec five-speed gearbox, lightweight flywheel, Wilwood disc brakes and uprated suspension components. Surely one of the most beautifully styled roadgoing Jaguars of all time.

1973 Maserati Ghibli 4.9 SS Coupe (Estimate: $250,000 – $300,000)
The Ghibli was designed by accomplished automotive stylist Giorgetto Giugiaro and is considered among his very finest work, boasting angular lines, hidden headlights, a long hood, and a dramatically sloping roofline. One of just 425 produced, this 1973 Maserati Ghibli 4.9 SS Coupe, chassis AM 115 49 2428, is resplendent in its silver metallic paint over a tan leather interior. Mr. Peart’s special Ghibli features correct Campagnolo center-lock alloy wheels, and it was added to his impressive group of “Silver Surfers” upon its importation from Europe in 2013.

1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Coupe (Estimate: $150,000 – $180,000)
Mr. Peart’s Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Coupe is a 327/340 hp coupe from 1963, the only model year to feature the iconic split rear window. Desirably equipped with a four-speed manual gearbox, chassis 30837S109652 is presented in silver with a red vinyl interior. The attractive and rare coupe received an extensive restoration prior to joining the Peart collection in 2011. The proportions, stance, and design details of the C2 Corvette coupe earn it a place among the greatest General Motors design achievements.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: June 25, 2021, 02:02:16 pm »
Neil Peart's collection is going up for auction

https://www.goodingco.com/press/article/legendary-rush-drummer-neil-peart-estate-car-collection-to-be-presented-at

1964 Aston Martin DB5 (Estimate: $650,000 – $725,000)
Among the most recognizable and admired grand touring cars of all time is the Aston Martin DB5. Truly as sporty as it is elegant, the DB5 has come to embody the very definition of cool, forever linked to Sir Sean Connery’s portrayal of the ever-charming international spy, James Bond. Mr. Peart’s 1964 Aston Martin DB5, chassis DB5/1690/R, is one of just over 1,000 built, and was acquired by the consignor in 2009. It comes finished in the gorgeous colors of Silver Birch metallic over a navy blue leather interior, and also features a five-speed ZF gearbox and period-correct, alloy-rimmed Borrani wire wheels.

1964 Shelby Cobra 289 (Estimate: $900,000 – $1,000,000)
This magnificent 1964 Shelby Cobra 289, chassis CSX2234, was purchased by Mr. Peart in 2015 to serve as a centerpiece of his remarkable collection. It had received a comprehensive restoration in the mid-2000s, and is stated to have been a particularly intact example prior to the work. Equipped from new with the desirable Ford 289 V-8 engine and rack-and-pinion steering, CSX2234 is finished in all black livery with chrome wire wheels and a side exhaust. As one of the most famous, capable, and coveted sports cars ever built, Mr. Peart’s Cobra is the pride of his inventory of iconic sports cars.

1970 Lamborghini Miura P400 S (Estimate: $1,200,000 – $1,500,000)
Often referred to as the world’s first true supercar, Ferruccio Lamborghini’s reality-defying Miura was the fastest production car of all time upon its release in 1966. Design house Gruppo Bertone’s Marcello Gandini designed the Miura’s stunning coachwork, concealing a mid-mounted transverse V-12 with an astonishingly low overall height of just over 41 inches. The Miura is understandably considered by some to be the most beautiful production car ever built. This particular Lamborghini Miura P400 S from Mr. Peart’s estate, chassis 4042, is finished entirely in his favored silver livery, and comes accented by a black interior. The impressive sports car is also fitted with air-conditioning and its boldly-styled Campagnolo cast alloy wheels.

1965 Maserati Mistral Spider (Estimate: $575,000 – $650,000)
For the 1963 model year, Maserati updated their successful 3500 GT with a completely new model: the Mistral. Featuring sophisticated and modern lines designed by the talented Pietro Frua, a total of 953 Mistrals were produced by the marque over its eight-year production run, of which only a mere 125 were completed as Spider convertibles. Mr. Peart’s Maserati Mistral Spider presented here, chassis AM109/S*049*, was built in 1965 and was initially sold through famed exotic car importer Hoffman Motors in New York City. A comprehensive restoration was performed by the renowned Ken Lovejoy of Boulder Creek, California while the car was under Mr. Peart’s ownership. Presented in a brilliant silver metallic over an oxblood leather interior, this Mistral 3500 Spider appears in superb condition.

1964 Jaguar E-Type Series I 3.8-Litre Coupe (Estimate: $140,000 – $160,000)
This sleek two-place 1964 Jaguar E-Type Series I 3.8-Litre Coupe, chassis 890630, is finished in Opalescent Silver with a red leather interior. It has received significant, thoughtful upgrades, including a Tremec five-speed gearbox, lightweight flywheel, Wilwood disc brakes and uprated suspension components. Surely one of the most beautifully styled roadgoing Jaguars of all time.

1973 Maserati Ghibli 4.9 SS Coupe (Estimate: $250,000 – $300,000)
The Ghibli was designed by accomplished automotive stylist Giorgetto Giugiaro and is considered among his very finest work, boasting angular lines, hidden headlights, a long hood, and a dramatically sloping roofline. One of just 425 produced, this 1973 Maserati Ghibli 4.9 SS Coupe, chassis AM 115 49 2428, is resplendent in its silver metallic paint over a tan leather interior. Mr. Peart’s special Ghibli features correct Campagnolo center-lock alloy wheels, and it was added to his impressive group of “Silver Surfers” upon its importation from Europe in 2013.

1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Coupe (Estimate: $150,000 – $180,000)
Mr. Peart’s Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Coupe is a 327/340 hp coupe from 1963, the only model year to feature the iconic split rear window. Desirably equipped with a four-speed manual gearbox, chassis 30837S109652 is presented in silver with a red vinyl interior. The attractive and rare coupe received an extensive restoration prior to joining the Peart collection in 2011. The proportions, stance, and design details of the C2 Corvette coupe earn it a place among the greatest General Motors design achievements.

Wow a man of great taste

Offline MrGrumpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: June 27, 2021, 08:51:16 pm »
A bloke at the top of our road has a Mk1 Pontiac GTO. I am not sure how it deals with British roads, but it looks and sounds fantastic. It’s nowhere near as big as you’d think.
Justice for the 96!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: June 27, 2021, 10:06:08 pm »
A bloke at the top of our road has a Mk1 Pontiac GTO. I am not sure how it deals with British roads, but it looks and sounds fantastic. It’s nowhere near as big as you’d think.

I always imagined them to be huge. Fella by us when I lived in Southport had a Trans Am 6.6, that thing was big.

Offline MrGrumpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: June 28, 2021, 07:23:28 am »
The GTO is slightly bigger than a modern BMW 5 Series. Huge overhangs though.
Justice for the 96!