Author Topic: Autocup  (Read 532499 times)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: Autocup
« Reply #2640 on: June 16, 2021, 03:18:59 pm »
Should I renew my membership now or do i still have time if i want to enrol onto the league/fa cup games?

thanks

Probs have another week ish, when the ACS is announced (late this week or early next week) they'll say when the cutoff is

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2641 on: June 16, 2021, 05:42:46 pm »
Any indication at all when the members sale might be? I suppose it's impossible to schedule with not knowing when restrictions will be lifted.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #2642 on: June 16, 2021, 08:02:24 pm »
Should I renew my membership now or do i still have time if i want to enrol onto the league/fa cup games?

thanks

Still plenty of time, they’ve not even announced selling details yet, once that happens they normally say when you have to of renewed by.

I’m leaving it until the last minute to see if there are other government announcements.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2643 on: June 16, 2021, 08:49:57 pm »
Probs have another week ish, when the ACS is announced (late this week or early next week) they'll say when the cutoff is
Still plenty of time, they’ve not even announced selling details yet, once that happens they normally say when you have to of renewed by.

I’m leaving it until the last minute to see if there are other government announcements.

Excellent thanks - as you mentioned, i'm also trying to leave it as late as possible to see what government announcements are made.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2644 on: June 17, 2021, 07:19:41 am »
Any indication at all when the members sale might be? I suppose it's impossible to schedule with not knowing when restrictions will be lifted.

Should be  the week of July 19th - were always going to be. Club will refund any game they can't accommodate closer to the game.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2645 on: June 17, 2021, 07:29:24 am »
Excellent thanks - as you mentioned, i'm also trying to leave it as late as possible to see what government announcements are made.

Unless you're travelling from abroad what announcements will impact?

Under the highly unlikely circumstances that we don't have a full house, the club would reimburse

Offline -KingKenny-

• Main Stander
« Reply #2646 on: July 4, 2021, 11:44:55 am »
Anyone any idea when the enrolment period will be for members?

I guess covid restrictions and uncertainty over attendance numbers might be holding it up..

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2647 on: July 5, 2021, 09:08:34 pm »
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.
But after my understanding anyone that attended 4 matches in the CL 2019/20 wouldn’t be able to join the ACS unless they were already in at the start of the 19/20 season?
This in order to give people with previous credits from prior seasons first dips…?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2648 on: July 6, 2021, 08:09:27 am »
Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.
But after my understanding anyone that attended 4 matches in the CL 2019/20 wouldn’t be able to join the ACS unless they were already in at the start of the 19/20 season?
This in order to give people with previous credits from prior seasons first dips…?

Nope that's incorrect. It had been suggested but doesn't seem to be the case

Anyone with all 4 games in 2019/20 whether that be ACS or just through the late sales will have to enter a ballot to join the ACS

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2649 on: July 6, 2021, 08:18:15 am »
Has anything been mentioned for the additional sale for season ticket holders for the auto cup? Those who qualify but like to sit elsewhere than their normal season ticket seat. Thanks.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: July 6, 2021, 08:28:22 am »
Has anything been mentioned for the additional sale for season ticket holders for the auto cup? Those who qualify but like to sit elsewhere than their normal season ticket seat. Thanks.

No, was waiting for the gov announcement before announcing ticket sales and dates

Fully expect to have full details between now and Friday at the very latest

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2651 on: July 6, 2021, 11:11:35 am »

What is happening with STHs this season. Are they now required to meet a pre requisite or can all attend?  I can’t remember if I read it somewhere about the requirement for previous attendance

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: July 6, 2021, 11:23:09 am »
What is happening with STHs this season. Are they now required to meet a pre requisite or can all attend?  I can’t remember if I read it somewhere about the requirement for previous attendance

They could only join the ACS on renewal if they had the credits

2019/20 was the last opportunity to sign up without criteria

Obviously new season ticket holders get the option to sign up for ACS on their first season regardless of membership history.
This also applies to the 250 people who were offered 1 year season tickets, from the 250 tickets returned through 'Season ticket holidays'

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2653 on: July 6, 2021, 11:24:22 am »
Nope that's incorrect. It had been suggested but doesn't seem to be the case

Anyone with all 4 games in 2019/20 whether that be ACS or just through the late sales will have to enter a ballot to join the ACS

So now it’s not even a sale, it’s a ballot?? This is getting worse and worse for every year…

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2654 on: July 6, 2021, 11:35:24 am »
They could only join the ACS on renewal if they had the credits

2019/20 was the last opportunity to sign up without criteria

Obviously new season ticket holders get the option to sign up for ACS on their first season regardless of membership history.
This also applies to the 250 people who were offered 1 year season tickets, from the 250 tickets returned through 'Season ticket holidays'

Thought all new ST holders had to have the required criteria from their members days in order to qualify? I'm sure that was communicated out.

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2655 on: July 6, 2021, 11:44:51 am »
So now it’s not even a sale, it’s a ballot?? This is getting worse and worse for every year…
Absolutely ridiculous isn’t it? Don’t get this recent fascination with ballots. All because they can’t be bothered implementing a proper sales process for it or investing in a decent ticketing website.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2656 on: July 6, 2021, 11:47:37 am »
The club haven't done the registration for the ACS yet and don't know how many people will be entering for next season so there might not even be a ballot.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2657 on: July 6, 2021, 11:48:15 am »
Thought all new ST holders had to have the required criteria from their members days in order to qualify? I'm sure that was communicated out.

If you put your name on the list in 2001 and havent been a member since what are you supposed to do?

A season ticket covers every comp not just the league...

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2658 on: July 6, 2021, 11:49:38 am »

Where has this ballot thing come from? Not seen anything to suggest that except here (though, tbf, not been paying huge amounts of attention)
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2659 on: July 6, 2021, 11:49:56 am »
The club haven't done the registration for the ACS yet and don't know how many people will be entering for next season so there might not even be a ballot.

It wasn't about registration for the ACS it was 'if the number of members who qualify exceed the availability' (which it always does)

The pre-registration is for the bulk sales only I believe not ACS

You only enter the ballot if you want to go on ACS, maybe the ballot will be classed as a registration period... if not enough sign up you're guaranteed

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: July 6, 2021, 11:50:35 am »
Where has this ballot thing come from? Not seen anything to suggest that except here (though, tbf, not been paying huge amounts of attention)

FAQ's

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/en/kb/articles/tkt-will-a-ballot-be-in-place-for-eligible-supporters-to-enrol-into-the-auto-cup-schemes-similar-to-premier-league-games

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2662 on: July 6, 2021, 11:53:29 am »
It wasn't about registration for the ACS it was 'if the number of members who qualify exceed the availability' (which it always does)

The pre-registration is for the bulk sales only I believe not ACS

You only enter the ballot if you want to go on ACS, maybe the ballot will be classed as a registration period... if not enough sign up you're guaranteed

Not what I'm being told from a member of the ticketing group. There'll be a pre-registration for the ACS and it'll only go to ballot if oversubsribed.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: July 6, 2021, 11:56:10 am »
Not what I'm being told from a member of the ticketing group. There'll be a pre-registration for the ACS and it'll only go to ballot if oversubsribed.

Glad thats the case, I'd only been told the registration period was for the bulks, although the suggestion was it would be done before the end of june ready for july sales (which the ACS typically is in July)

My personal belief for them doing the pre-registration is so they know how many tickets they need for 13+ each game, then they know whats left, can ballot that out then have 1 big sale for all 10,000 who qualify through ballot and 13+ in 1 go

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #2664 on: July 6, 2021, 12:37:29 pm »
If you put your name on the list in 2001 and havent been a member since what are you supposed to do?

A season ticket covers every comp not just the league...

The top one is a whole can of worms IMO and not for this thread.

The point was made in one of Graeme Smiths post I think around new season tickets holders had to have the required history in the relevant cup to be able to sign up as a ST holder. This was an agreed change of the clubs process to prevent members who have history missing out on the auto cup to a new ST holder who didn't have the required history.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2665 on: July 6, 2021, 01:09:51 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous isn’t it? Don’t get this recent fascination with ballots. All because they can’t be bothered implementing a proper sales process for it or investing in a decent ticketing website.

Yes it is! Just like everything else ticket related this is just another excuse like you say not to spend money on a proper system/software for selling tickets  :butt

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: July 6, 2021, 01:11:00 pm »
Yes it is! Just like everything else ticket related this is just another excuse like you say not to spend money on a proper system/software for selling tickets  :butt

Absolutely spot on   :wellin

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2667 on: July 6, 2021, 01:26:59 pm »
As stated above, everyone with at least one game will be asked to register their interest, IF they have enough tickets to help everyone with a certain number of games you will be able to buy straight away if not they will do a ballot.  Not sure what the problem is with that, it seems fair enough and given the changes to the way Season Ticket holders can enrol (not just a free for all) I think it all makes sense and is fair.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2668 on: July 6, 2021, 01:37:49 pm »
As stated above, everyone with at least one game will be asked to register their interest, IF they have enough tickets to help everyone with a certain number of games you will be able to buy straight away if not they will do a ballot.  Not sure what the problem is with that, it seems fair enough and given the changes to the way Season Ticket holders can enrol (not just a free for all) I think it all makes sense and is fair.

Why should a member that’s been in the ACS for 5+ years miss out to a new STH that hasn’t been to Anfield once since registered for the ST waiting list in 2000?
I know this is just a hypothetical scenario, but that’s wrong as previous attendees should be rewarded?

In a more realistic scenario why should someone in the ACS for years miss out to someone that bought 4 hospitality tickets last year and never before attending a CL match?

The issue is that they just use the matches from the previous seasons and not going back 2,3,4,5 seasons like they do for say FA cup away matches..

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2669 on: July 6, 2021, 01:47:34 pm »
Why should a member that’s been in the ACS for 5+ years miss out to a new STH that hasn’t been to Anfield once since registered for the ST waiting list in 2000?
I know this is just a hypothetical scenario, but that’s wrong as previous attendees should be rewarded?

In a more realistic scenario why should someone in the ACS for years miss out to someone that bought 4 hospitality tickets last year and never before attending a CL match?

The issue is that they just use the matches from the previous seasons and not going back 2,3,4,5 seasons like they do for say FA cup away matches..

Not sure what you mean here, season ticket holders cannot just join the ACS now, they have to have been to a number of games the previous season now, or am I missing something here?

So what you are saying is that we should have a closed shop like the away games?  not sure I agree with that, I think they have been more than fair with this.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2670 on: July 6, 2021, 01:54:41 pm »

Glad they changed it so they need the criteria to enter, although some might not think it's fair they're guaranteed ACS if they have criteria where as members aren't with the same criteria

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2671 on: July 6, 2021, 01:55:05 pm »
How many people with all the credits will even miss out?  if you don't get a ticket now you will most likely get one anyway in the lead up to the first match?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #2672 on: July 6, 2021, 01:56:08 pm »
Glad they changed it so they need the criteria to enter, although some might not think it's fair they're guaranteed ACS if they have criteria where as members aren't with the same criteria

That's a fair point although I do think they have made every effort to make this right, it is far fairer than it was ever before.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2673 on: July 6, 2021, 01:58:20 pm »
How many people with all the credits will even miss out?  if you don't get a ticket now you will most likely get one anyway in the lead up to the first match?

I'd imagine a few thousand given we only did 4 games in 19/20

The issue isn't the first game its when you get to the later rounds and uefa return less and less allocation, so people miss out

Lets say as an example, uefa return 4000 seats per group game, 3000 for the last 16, 2000 for the quarters and 1000 for the semi

Those seats are all sold but aren't there for ACS the following year as uefa might take them

Loads missed out on Roma, City, Barca and even a few I know on Atletico

As a result, the further you get in the comp the fewer members actually qualify for ACS the following year
So because we didnt get that far, in my example above there'd be 3000 member qualifying for ACS seats that don't exist

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2674 on: July 6, 2021, 02:30:25 pm »

So there would be a ballot for everyone with at least one game? In which case in theory some with full ACS could miss out over some with less? That doesn't seem fair, surely they could do full ACS first and count down, like with aways and like they did for the restricted capacity ballot for Palace?

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2675 on: July 6, 2021, 02:33:16 pm »
So there would be a ballot for everyone with at least one game? In which case in theory some with full ACS could miss out over some with less? That doesn't seem fair, surely they could do full ACS first and count down, like with aways and like they did for the restricted capacity ballot for Palace?

I think you've read this wrong mate. If there's enough tickets for people with all 4 credits from 19/20 then there'd be a guaranteed sale, moving down until there wasn't a guaranteed sale where a likely ballot would be held.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2676 on: July 6, 2021, 02:41:33 pm »

Eh?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: July 6, 2021, 02:44:10 pm »
You can only go in ACS if you have all 4 games.

If there are more people with all 4 games than there are ACS tickets available then they will all go in a ballot to see who gets ACS and who is having to buy individually.

Then the individual sales for each game work as normal. Match 1 for those with 4 from 19/20 (to start with), matchday 2 for those with match 1, match 3 for those with match 1 and 2 etc

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2678 on: July 6, 2021, 02:46:37 pm »
Sorry, but I’m reading it the same as redgriffin73.

‘Everyone with at least one game will be asked to register their interest…’

Surely it should be those with four games registering their interest and then working down? Why are those with one even in the equation?
« Last Edit: July 6, 2021, 02:52:33 pm by D🐶G »
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2679 on: July 6, 2021, 03:00:59 pm »
Oh, I didn't read that bit of the quoted post. Don't think he's right there.