Author Topic: Space exploration thread - Unexpected Rapid Disassembly in the launch area.  (Read 310729 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Space exploration thread
« Reply #2960 on: July 12, 2021, 06:30:30 pm »

He'll have funded his vanity project with all the taxes the c*nt has dodged over the years.

Could we please leave this thread free of such comments? Not that they are right or wrong, but out of place.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: July 12, 2021, 10:33:00 pm »
Could we please leave this thread free of such comments? Not that they are right or wrong, but out of place.

Agreed.  As the FB post that's been doing the rounds says, these billionaires aren't escaping this planet to live in the lap of luxury on Mars anytime soon.  Let's leave it there.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2962 on: July 14, 2021, 02:56:04 pm »
3 raptors have been installed on Booster 3 and there could be a static fire test today

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2963 on: July 14, 2021, 04:19:45 pm »
Came across this article on Jupiter's auroras, quite interesting (my Firefox didn't work for the video, try another browser)

https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/The_mystery_of_what_causes_Jupiter_s_X-ray_auroras_is_solved

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2964 on: July 14, 2021, 06:17:57 pm »
Came across this article on Jupiter's auroras, quite interesting (my Firefox didn't work for the video, try another browser)

https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/The_mystery_of_what_causes_Jupiter_s_X-ray_auroras_is_solved

Video worked in my firefox.  Interesting though, thanks for sharing!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2965 on: July 14, 2021, 06:49:29 pm »
Just wading in to say that I’d far rather the money was spent on attempting to fix the planet they’ve already destroyed, but it’s too late for that anyway, so uh good luck and I sincerely hope nothing goes catastrophically wrong.

Information from satellites is vital for understanding changes in the climate. Without space exploration it's unlikely we would have had enough information to ring the alarm bells in the first place and look at what's required to try and bring it back in line.

There's the purely practical benefits of communication, global positioning and weather satellites. The pure science is adding to our understanding of the universe and our own planet.

For reference, UK Space Agency spending is around Ł400m pa. Premier League wage bill is around Ł2.9 billion pa.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2966 on: July 14, 2021, 08:27:17 pm »
Well Happy New Horizons Day everyone. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2967 on: July 14, 2021, 08:28:51 pm »
3 raptors have been installed on Booster 3 and there could be a static fire test today
Now tomorrow
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2968 on: July 14, 2021, 08:29:56 pm »
Now tomorrow

Yeah, they're rolling out the 8th orbital launch tower block today which will complete it

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2969 on: July 15, 2021, 03:04:21 pm »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2970 on: July 19, 2021, 10:51:16 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cl5wrUffk0

Booster 3 static fire here soon

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: July 20, 2021, 10:29:47 am »
Seemed to be successful…

27 engines is gong to be insane….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2972 on: July 20, 2021, 11:02:29 am »
Seemed to be successful…

27 engines is gong to be insane….
Can't wait to see that!
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2973 on: July 20, 2021, 11:35:14 am »
Blue origin should launch today as well

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2974 on: July 20, 2021, 01:39:48 pm »
Yep Bezos's dildo rocket will be flying soon

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2975 on: July 20, 2021, 02:08:34 pm »
4 mins until launch
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: July 20, 2021, 02:50:52 pm »
The footage looks amazing

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HV2UoWhV7qs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HV2UoWhV7qs</a>

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2977 on: July 20, 2021, 03:16:38 pm »
Flesh Gordon trending - I can't believe i remember that film as a teenager.  Dr. Jerkoff

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2978 on: July 27, 2021, 12:44:55 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuyLMDaodlo&t=5s

This was a nice watch

Also I believe that something like carbon recapture (which would help climate change) would probably come about as a by product of space exploration, i've seen some mutterings about Venus and experiments possibly being done there.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 12:48:49 pm by scatman »
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2979 on: July 30, 2021, 10:25:36 pm »
Mother of god.

Look at the pipe work inside booster 4……

That’s …. Just incredible …27 engines….  Look how many people are working in the area.  I once saw a Saturn 5 at Johnson space centre … the scale of these things is so big, you just can’t imagine that they could ever  fly.
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2980 on: July 30, 2021, 10:46:36 pm »
Is Booster 4 the one that will fly? Cos I desperately need a Space X launch now

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: July 30, 2021, 10:57:44 pm »
The ISS had a few issues yesterday. Seems one of the Russian modules fired unexpectedly causing the station to move 45 degrees out of attitude. NASA spent nearly an hour shifting the station back into the correct orbit. NASA have downplayed the incident saying no one was at risk of any harm.

But they have been forced to scrub a number of mission days to diagnose what went wrong.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: July 31, 2021, 12:29:55 am »
The ISS had a few issues yesterday. Seems one of the Russian modules fired unexpectedly causing the station to move 45 degrees out of attitude. NASA spent nearly an hour shifting the station back into the correct orbit. NASA have downplayed the incident saying no one was at risk of any harm.

But they have been forced to scrub a number of mission days to diagnose what went wrong.

It's a "new" module that was built 20 years ago, but has only just been added to the station.  It went a bit mad after docking, firing it's thrusters thinking it was still on it's tod, not realising it was dragging the whole station along with it.

the situation has stabilised, so the outstanding missions should be free to commence soon. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2983 on: July 31, 2021, 09:16:54 am »
Is Booster 4 the one that will fly? Cos I desperately need a Space X launch now
Possibly…

Not sure it will fly any time soon though
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2984 on: August 2, 2021, 02:25:25 pm »
B4 has come along at incredible pace, apparently being transported today

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2985 on: August 2, 2021, 02:31:05 pm »
The grid fins are fucking enormous… …just vast
W

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2986 on: August 2, 2021, 03:11:37 pm »
I shared a size comparison picture a few pages back but it's probably worth posting another.  Booster 4 is as big as the Saturn V's first two stages combined.

Here's hoping they can juggle so many engines effectively.  I know it was a different era, and that the technology used was substandard, even by the standards of the day, but the Soviet N1 was a complete clusterfuck when it came to engine management.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2987 on: August 2, 2021, 03:47:02 pm »
I doubt it…

Apparently they are months away from FAA approval
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2988 on: August 2, 2021, 04:08:53 pm »

Look at all those bloody raptors!!
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2989 on: August 2, 2021, 04:14:15 pm »
I doubt it…

Apparently they are months away from FAA approval

There's a road closure in place for it today apparently :D

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2990 on: August 2, 2021, 04:51:44 pm »
Elon's just tweeted this

My word!

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2991 on: August 2, 2021, 05:02:12 pm »
Cable management is a bit crap

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: August 2, 2021, 05:26:19 pm »
That's just humongous... Unbelievable!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2993 on: August 2, 2021, 09:45:02 pm »
So they need to get the environmental survey complete. Then there’s a month for the public to comment, before any other requirements for environmental mitigation…

And that’s before they do literally anything else.

This won’t fly for months.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: August 3, 2021, 10:50:44 am »
Wow wow wow
W

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2995 on: August 3, 2021, 10:51:52 am »
It's going to be incredible watching this launch with a Starship on top of it

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2996 on: August 3, 2021, 05:07:47 pm »
She's rolling out of the high bay now

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2997 on: August 3, 2021, 06:07:33 pm »
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1422603106035118085?s=20

Bit of info from Elon here on how Super Heavy will be 'caught' on descent in reply to someone who posted a video

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2998 on: August 3, 2021, 06:42:48 pm »
She's rolling out of the high bay now

Heading to the orbital launch mount now

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2999 on: August 4, 2021, 08:57:29 am »
A Starship with Raptor Vacuum Engines installed!