Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3301632 times)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #25920 on: July 28, 2021, 08:04:26 am »
Just popping in to say the Facebook TAW subscribers is an absolute dustbin of attention seeking whoppery wrapped up in “well I’m entitled to my opinion” idiocy.

It’s as if there’s no football to talk about and the summer holidays have started!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25921 on: July 28, 2021, 09:02:06 am »
Just popping in to say the Facebook TAW subscribers is an absolute dustbin of attention seeking whoppery wrapped up in “well I’m entitled to my opinion” idiocy.

It’s as if there’s no football to talk about and the summer holidays have started!

Thats all social media I'm afraid - Klopp out, Mane and Bobby need selling, we wont make top 4, FSG are using the no more homegrown slots to avoid buying anyone

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25922 on: July 28, 2021, 09:14:55 am »
It's like Twitter sometimes on that FB page, you have to wade through the shite to find some good chat.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25923 on: July 28, 2021, 09:18:52 am »
Yeah I have never looked at the TAW subscribers group on Facebook. I’m on there very rarely. Think that means I won’t be able to ask a question on the Football AFQ stuff but I’ll survive!

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25924 on: July 28, 2021, 09:22:13 am »
Thats all social media I'm afraid - Klopp out, Mane and Bobby need selling, we wont make top 4, FSG are using the no more homegrown slots to avoid buying anyone

Normally the TAW group is decent and you can get a normal, balanced discussion going, but in the last couple of weeks (and particularly since the Gini interview) it's been terrible. I've had to mute the group for the first time in the two years that I've been on there because of the endless shite being regurgitated.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #25925 on: July 28, 2021, 12:16:00 pm »
Yesterday's Gutter was ok - again though, offering disgust at FSG as a preamble for your comments isn't, in itself, proof that FSG are doing a bad job nor is it evidence that the owners are being tight with money. It's just sweary fume that doesn't bare much resemblance to how the club is run, which - on the face of it - seems to be about making it stable and responsible.

I do think it's a perfectly valid position to dislike the owners based on some poor decisions - Super League, furlough, £77 tickets etc. However, until the moment that the squad falls off a cliff, I just don't see the rationale for the anger around transfers.

Apart from January 2021 when a CB should have been bought earlier in the window, when have FSG ever let the club down in transfers? Ok, Klopp's steady squad build has been in concert with FSG's financial prudence but the results have been spectacular. Putting this all down to Klopp might be your opinion, but it's a bit blinkered if you're going to discount the ownership.

Lashing insults at FSG in late July because of invented Twitter-based transfer rumours is approaching fandom fundamentally wrong - you're getting angry about something that isn't happening.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #25926 on: July 28, 2021, 10:51:11 pm »
[Acronym warning!] Yeah the FB subscribers group and The Gutter have been OTT in places in the last month. But as I have said a few times here, there are a good lump of supporters who hold these views and while it’s not for me, I think it’s important TAW keeps its USP of ‘sounding like the supporter base’ and doesn’t become a middle of the road pragmatic echo chamber. I’d prefer to occasionally hear badly-based passion rather than endless soulless accountant’s view of transfers. We can always swerve the mad stuff rather than try squash it.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25927 on: July 28, 2021, 10:51:52 pm »
Football Miracles show are great. Have a couple I missed to go back to too!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25928 on: July 28, 2021, 10:52:19 pm »
Always love Rory Smith and Neil Atko's chats. Brililiant.

Which show was this on?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #25929 on: July 28, 2021, 11:05:30 pm »
Which show was this on?

It’s called Midnight Caller

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #25930 on: July 28, 2021, 11:13:07 pm »
It’s called Midnight Caller

It’s the pendulum swung the other way! 😂

EDIT: Please please please have Kev on with Rory next time, instead of Neil. Would be so good.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 11:25:27 pm by Big Bamber »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25931 on: July 28, 2021, 11:37:31 pm »
Yesterday's Gutter was ok - again though, offering disgust at FSG as a preamble for your comments isn't, in itself, proof that FSG are doing a bad job nor is it evidence that the owners are being tight with money. It's just sweary fume that doesn't bare much resemblance to how the club is run, which - on the face of it - seems to be about making it stable and responsible.

I do think it's a perfectly valid position to dislike the owners based on some poor decisions - Super League, furlough, £77 tickets etc. However, until the moment that the squad falls off a cliff, I just don't see the rationale for the anger around transfers.

Apart from January 2021 when a CB should have been bought earlier in the window, when have FSG ever let the club down in transfers? Ok, Klopp's steady squad build has been in concert with FSG's financial prudence but the results have been spectacular. Putting this all down to Klopp might be your opinion, but it's a bit blinkered if you're going to discount the ownership.

Lashing insults at FSG in late July because of invented Twitter-based transfer rumours is approaching fandom fundamentally wrong - you're getting angry about something that isn't happening.

Well we certainly weren't responsible last season  when many fans were crying out for a centre half after selling Lovren and they didn't back the manager. The club haven't backed Klopp as much as they should have and to dismiss any criticism of them as unfounded and unwarranted is quite baffling to me. He is irreplaceable and his results will prove irreplicable once he leaves unless there is a fundamental approach in their backing of the manager(s).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 11:40:27 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #25932 on: July 29, 2021, 04:26:35 pm »
As I’ve said before-I can listen to Rob Gutmann all day. The Gutter is my favourite show. What I don’y get though is all the talk about Adama Traore. Through the summer I’ve seen rumours of Niguez, Chiesa, Doku, Bowen, Gravenberch, Sanches, Aouar, Vlahovic-but I’ve not seen Traore linked once. Maybe I haven’t seen all the links, but I’ve never got the impression Traore is a player any semi- serious journalist has linked us to.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25933 on: July 29, 2021, 06:38:26 pm »

Also smashing against the super League and a few months later demanding for investment and paying players £400k a week seems a little at odds

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #25934 on: July 29, 2021, 09:18:46 pm »
Well we certainly weren't responsible last season  when many fans were crying out for a centre half after selling Lovren and they didn't back the manager. The club haven't backed Klopp as much as they should have and to dismiss any criticism of them as unfounded and unwarranted is quite baffling to me. He is irreplaceable and his results will prove irreplicable once he leaves unless there is a fundamental approach in their backing of the manager(s).
I did mention January and CBs.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #25935 on: July 30, 2021, 12:22:52 am »
Still listening to Hillsborough Survivors Stories. Thank you thank you. Very well put together. A hard but great listen and a constant reminder how hard everyone fought for the truth to come out.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25936 on: July 30, 2021, 04:47:51 am »
The women in football show made me think a bit , easy for something like that to, understandably, end up as as a list of grievances and a space to let off steam which is fair enough if you’re putting up with shit and don’t usually have anywhere to talk about it but the danger is you don’t bring anyone along with you and help change attitudes but I thought generally it avoided that  and it was thought provoking.
Im an old school Scouser seen it all go with the lads.  my lad wasn’t really into the game but my daughter loved going the match and whenever spares came up with the lads I took her. As she grew up she was accepted by my match going mates and they'd box her off with spares  now she’s in her twenties and holds her own and has been to Europe where amongst other things  she has had to put up with me allowing  a carload of hoteless mates to kip in our room and she has handled  it well but the game is changing and there has to be space for her on her own terms. The best part of going the game is that brilliant feeling of being part of something bigger than yourself you get it at a big European game, a good away end, that feeling of being one influencing the game losing your individual feelings and not caring because it being replaced by being part of something special thousands of you all-in it together acting as one its a feeling we all desire on a basic human level it makes our souls feel enormous, now it’s shit if that ultimate high is spoilt by not being fully accepted by what you’re part of.
When you’re shit on like we felt through out the 70s and 80s by Thatcher  and at times it felt like the rest of the country. you band together and try not to give a shit, you celebrate what others hate and wear it as badge of pride. Scouse and proud. When you’re being attacked that can be really positive and a way of saying fuck you and fighting back but also can sometimes lead to you circling your wagons defining your self narrowly and excluding people from your club but ironically that fightback sometimes made us more attractive to others that also felt excluded and  never fitted in, that  and  I suppose, our wonderful football,  thats one of the reasons our fanbase is quite diverse  that makes me proud. 
More women are involved in football and generally it feels like attitudes are changing  for the better  but there’s still away to go if gender is not an issue for the next generation. Thought Emilia steered it well calling out shit but avoiding the trap of not bringing us along with her which is a difficult balance. it gave me a bit of insight to some of the things that face female fans that shouldn’t be issues but are.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 07:19:53 am by The 92A »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #25937 on: July 30, 2021, 08:36:18 am »
I don't usually thought/word police but bloody hell... I've heard 'made of crisps' and 'made of quavers' numerous times this week, bin it off lads (and lasses). It's cringe as fuck and quite insulting, you're not edgy 14 year olds. ;D
:D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #25938 on: July 30, 2021, 08:40:29 am »
Also smashing against the super League and a few months later demanding for investment and paying players £400k a week seems a little at odds

And very much against furlough, Super League and higher ticket prices, but at the same time demand this player or that player.

FSG's transfer strategy can be frustrating but we aren't Man City. We've been battered financially by the pandemic, are building a new stand and have just built a new training ground. We've also got one of the top wage bills in football and are currently negotiating new contracts for half the team (which will also cost a lot in agents fees etc) and sorted the main priority by signing a centre back (even if it should have been addressed last season). At least see where we are at the end of the window.

I do tend to think 'make hay while the sun shines' while we have Jurgen, but money doesn't grow on trees. FSG are never going to go wild in the transfer market, unless the books balance at the end of it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 08:45:31 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25939 on: July 30, 2021, 09:28:20 am »
I don't usually thought/word police but bloody hell... I've heard 'made of crisps' and 'made of quavers' numerous times this week, bin it off lads (and lasses). It's cringe as fuck and quite insulting, you're not edgy 14 year olds. ;D

Thought it was just me bored of that phrase (and all its variations), it is everywhere these days.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #25940 on: July 30, 2021, 10:33:37 am »
As I’ve said before-I can listen to Rob Gutmann all day. The Gutter is my favourite show. What I don’y get though is all the talk about Adama Traore. Through the summer I’ve seen rumours of Niguez, Chiesa, Doku, Bowen, Gravenberch, Sanches, Aouar, Vlahovic-but I’ve not seen Traore linked once. Maybe I haven’t seen all the links, but I’ve never got the impression Traore is a player any semi- serious journalist has linked us to.

It was reported in 2015 that Traore was on a flight to Liverpool, ready to sign a contract... and the stories have never gone away since. Klopp repeatedly saying how good he is has obviously kept the rumours alive too.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25941 on: July 30, 2021, 01:22:32 pm »
The start of Miracles part four is hilarious!

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #25942 on: July 30, 2021, 03:51:33 pm »

Didn't listen to the episode when I saw who the guests were.

I understand that TAW need to represent the range of views within the fanbase and the range of views within the TAW contributors. But I don't think there's enough challenge when opinions get to the extremes. Or at least what I view as the extremes. In the case of FSG the extremes would be 'they never provide any money and they should be funding 100M transfers to keep up with City' through to 'FSG are the perfect owners and have made very few mistakes'.

I don't think you need to go to the extremes to have a proper debate, whether that's about FSG, a certain players attributes or any other footballing matter. I want to stress that l don't think it happens on TAW that much but there is a propensity for certain contributors to do that on occasions. That's fine but they should be challenged by the host (independent of the hosts personally feelings on the issue). I think Neil does this well, probably Gareth and Andy to some extent too. I don't think Rob does as much, particularly if it aligns with his own views.

It's obviously part of the philosophy of TAW to want contributions from every contributor without any censorship. But equally there sometimes feels like there's a directive for contributors not to be that combative with each other or challenge each persons opinions strongly. Feel like at times more extreme opinions can get put out there without any real challenge. That's my only real minor gripe with TAW overall. Obviously there are a few contributors I don't like listening to but that will be the same for everyone and pretty much what you'd expect after listening to same voices for years.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #25943 on: July 30, 2021, 10:29:56 pm »

“Living their best lives” and “having a lovely time” are other over-worn phrases that pre-season seems to given a regrettable boost to.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 10:32:06 pm by Big Bamber »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25944 on: July 30, 2021, 11:29:42 pm »
“Living their best lives” and “having a lovely time” are other over-worn phrases that pre-season seems to given a regrettable boost to.
I haven't listened to any shows this week, maybe for reasons posted by others, but I'm all in on the having a lovely time mode. I bet Neil said it?
It's good, they are, and we all should be :) having a lovely time.

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #25945 on: July 30, 2021, 11:51:00 pm »
I haven't listened to any shows this week, maybe for reasons posted by others, but I'm all in on the having a lovely time mode. I bet Neil said it?
It's good, they are, and we all should be :) having a lovely time.

Oh every right-minded human being is all in on the attitude, but stop fuck*ng saying it! The words hinder the feeling!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25946 on: August 2, 2021, 02:26:06 pm »
The women in football show made me think a bit , easy for something like that to,

Snipped
Wanted to echo this. I don't have a daughter but I'm good friends with a  female STH.

I'd like to think I've never treated her differently or talked down to her, but may broach it with her the next time I'm at the match.

On the "celebrating" with fans. I find it uncomfortable celebrating with someone I don't know. Male or female.  Personally in those unreal moments (Origi 90+6 etc) I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be hugging or touching a stranger who's female precisely because of what the ladies said on the show about creepy guys grabbing a feel.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #25947 on: August 2, 2021, 03:01:44 pm »
Oh every right-minded human being is all in on the attitude, but stop fuck*ng saying it! The words hinder the feeling!

Look, if they wanna 'pull the trigger' on stuff like that, it's up to them...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #25948 on: August 2, 2021, 08:58:34 pm »
The interesting thing about online abuse - be it sexist, homophobic or racist - is that I’m broadly incubated from it. Twitter operates in such a way that such traffic doesn’t come down my road. That’s actually quite a cynical state of affairs. If people on the receiving end didn’t speak about it, most folk would be oblivious to such unpleasantness.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25949 on: August 3, 2021, 04:00:10 am »
Snipped
Wanted to echo this. I don't have a daughter but I'm good friends with a  female STH.

I'd like to think I've never treated her differently or talked down to her, but may broach it with her the next time I'm at the match.

On the "celebrating" with fans. I find it uncomfortable celebrating with someone I don't know. Male or female.  Personally in those unreal moments (Origi 90+6 etc) I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be hugging or touching a stranger who's female precisely because of what the ladies said on the show about creepy guys grabbing a feel.

So, as a female supporter who does majority of homes, lots of European aways and PL aways if and when I can get a spare, I was pleased to see the show. I think the Wrap scores pretty well in inclusion of women generally, and has come on a lot since the earlier days but I think it was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Although they said they were going to have two parts one match going fans and one about working in football media, this I think this one actually also fell naturally too much into the latter category just because of the nature/role of the people discussing it occupy ie somewhere between fan and media. So there's was lots on what being a fan media contributor is like at the expense of other lived experience. When they did the show on racism I remember them interviewing regular match goers (specifically remember them talking to AP) and I thought this show really missed that.

It missed interviewing the people they were talking about, the older ladies who've been going for decades, the younger ones going now, women of colour, those that travel to aways and European games and what that is like. It's a shame as I think that perspective could have made the show much richer.

« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 04:12:32 am by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25950 on: August 3, 2021, 07:12:15 am »
So, as a female supporter who does majority of homes, lots of European aways and PL aways if and when I can get a spare, I was pleased to see the show. I think the Wrap scores pretty well in inclusion of women generally, and has come on a lot since the earlier days but I think it was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Although they said they were going to have two parts one match going fans and one about working in football media, this I think this one actually also fell naturally too much into the latter category just because of the nature/role of the people discussing it occupy ie somewhere between fan and media. So there's was lots on what being a fan media contributor is like at the expense of other lived experience. When they did the show on racism I remember them interviewing regular match goers (specifically remember them talking to AP) and I thought this show really missed that.

It missed interviewing the people they were talking about, the older ladies who've been going for decades, the younger ones going now, women of colour, those that travel to aways and European games and what that is like. It's a shame as I think that perspective could have made the show much richer.

That's a good point. It's worth mentioning as a lot of the paid members of the Wrap regularly pop in on the thread.

I'm fully aware that I'm saying this as someone who looks like a lot of staff of the wrap (white men) but they try to understand more than most.

Like (I think it was Harriet) who said none of us are perfect and we'll get things wrong.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #25951 on: August 3, 2021, 04:10:01 pm »

Will pass this on!

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25952 on: August 3, 2021, 04:30:11 pm »
Will pass this on!

Cheers. As I said I think you guys do pretty well, and I know the contributors were talking from their experience so it’s all valid.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #25953 on: August 3, 2021, 06:00:21 pm »
The thing with prejudice is that, in the main, it manifests itself subtly and without obvious detection. It’s not usually as crude as being horrific on social media or marching with terrible people. Since the BLM stuff emerged I’ve started to question my own feelings, perspectives and even potential micro-aggressions that are very hard to be aware of even in your own behaviour. This transfers to issues of gender and sexism.

When listening to TAW with a contributor I’m less keen on I’ve recently been more open to the idea that I’m the one with the issue rather than the person on a show. For example, there’s a female contributor who I don’t massively rate - is this because she’s a young female and I’m a 41 year old man? Maybe. Am i part of the problem? Maybe. Is it because I just don’t rate this person? Maybe.

It’s quite complex but I think being open to your own foibles is a decent starting point.

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #25954 on: August 3, 2021, 08:56:09 pm »

Top post!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #25955 on: August 6, 2021, 09:18:00 am »
I enjoyed the show on Michael Robinson, which was very well put together.

Also, Sid Lowe outed himself (to me at least) as a Red.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #25956 on: August 6, 2021, 10:37:16 am »
Might be (probably) my end, but the sound on the second pink yesterday was quite poor - wasn't getting anything in my right ear and generally not too sharp. Know nothing about such matters so accept I may well be the problem...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #25957 on: August 6, 2021, 11:09:55 am »
Loved the upbeatness of the Alisson signing piece. Neil in full flow, a joy to listen too. I laughed my arse off on hearing the term, 'lickspittle', with reference to the twatterites, positively Dickensian, hadn't heard it in years. Used it immediately on my 16 year old who had no clue. Boss
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25958 on: August 6, 2021, 12:28:56 pm »
Bit of a beauty and the Beast on LFC vs Bologna FC Reaction :D :P

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25959 on: August 6, 2021, 06:20:42 pm »
I enjoyed the show on Michael Robinson, which was very well put together.

Also, Sid Lowe outed himself (to me at least) as a Red.

Yeah he said it straight out - I am a Liverpool fan. Enjoyed that show a lot. He sounded lovely Michael Robinson - mate of mine from Brighton knew him as a younger man and speaks very fondly of him.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422