Author Topic: Bird watch  (Read 278930 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bird watch.
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2011, 05:50:48 pm »
Just been for a run round Caldies Park and I kid you not, I was attacked by two big fuck off crows, the fuckers chased me for about 50 yards along Menlove Avenue swooping down and squawking at me. They must have only missed my head by inches, their beaks where like fucking vices. They flew from tree to tree along side me leaning over me screeching.
I running like a mad twat waving my arms in the air - I've never ever experienced anything like it. I don't know if I went past a nest (although I go there every day) or what.

Was tempted to get in my car and go back with a stick. Angry vicious fuckers.
:lmao The crows have no love for men on Menlove ave! Remember hearing a story about a raven that would wait on one particular corner and bother some guy. It would ignore everyone else, but this guy, the Raven did not like. Everyday it would wait for him, had him timed. Smart as chimps they reckon

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2011, 11:25:46 pm »
 ;D  I went back in my car, I couldn't get over it. My daughter thought I was a mad man mad trying to entice this one crow out of the tree. Deffo the same one as it was flying from tree to tree as if it was guarding the area but it didn't have its angry head on that time.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 1, 2011, 04:41:18 pm »
Just been for a run round Caldies Park and I kid you not, I was attacked by two big fuck off crows, the fuckers chased me for about 50 yards along Menlove Avenue swooping down and squawking at me. They must have only missed my head by inches, their beaks where like fucking vices. They flew from tree to tree along side me leaning over me screeching.
Looks like the twats got someone good style later the same day.....
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/06/01/crows-attack-in-liverpool-park-leave-man-with-bloody-head-wound-100252-28798855/

Offline phil_1010

• Anny Roader
  • The Reds Are Coming Up The Hill Boys...
« Reply #123 on: June 1, 2011, 05:02:02 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2011/06/01/crows-attack-in-liverpool-park-leave-man-with-bloody-head-wound-100252-28798855/

A "medical worker who did not want to be named." a.k.a John C after seeking revenge against the crows and losing  ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 1, 2011, 05:12:06 pm »
Fucking hell! Crows on both sides of the park attacked him. Its gang warfare!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 1, 2011, 06:26:49 pm »

Fucking hell! Crows on both sides of the park attacked him. Its gang warfare!
Been for a run tonight and its all quiet up there at the moment mate  ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: June 1, 2011, 06:43:41 pm »
Been for a run tonight and its all quiet up there at the moment mate  ;D
Ya went out looking for trouble didnt ya ;D You need to get your hands on one of these! The self defense slingshot :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1L4U9yNGP4A?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1L4U9yNGP4A?fs=1</a>

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 1, 2011, 06:43:49 pm »
A "medical worker who did not want to be named." a.k.a John C after seeking revenge against the crows and losing  ;D
:D exactly what I thought

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 1, 2011, 06:51:46 pm »

Ya went out looking for trouble didnt ya ;D You need to get your hands on one of these! The self defense slingshot :D
:lmao now that would come in handy.
:D exactly what I thought
You know what lads, I'm not even saying if it looks like me from behind or not  ;D

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 5, 2011, 11:54:12 am »
Little bluetit who couldn't fly musta fell from the birdhut we got on our roof, landed luckily on my fishing chair so seemed to be ok, but it just couldn't fly, not sure if it wasn't ready to fly or what, its mum kept coming back probably trying to get it to fly, came back about 3 times in 6/7 hours but it just wouldn't follow, brought it in overnight but it started to deteriorate, just sitting in one place not moving shaking etc... also refusing food and drink even though it would be hours since we'd given it something, died earlier in the morning after another attempt at flying, it just couldn't grasp it, its mum was back again too, really quite sad, nature is a cruel motherfucker sometimes, guess the bird suffered the last day/days and maybe it was best if it got put out its misery if it couldn't fly and was evidently distressed (shaking and refusing food), think it just give up and died of exhaustion.  :'(

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2011, 08:45:40 pm »
Another Peregrine Falcon was out in the folks back garden today. This one was smaller than the one i seen before, a lot leaner too. Was probably a young one or a male. The one i usually see must be a female, she's much bigger. Tried to take a pic on me mobile but when i tried to get a bit closer due to the shite resolution, it took off. One day i'll snap them

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2011, 08:30:37 pm »
Superb bird mate, lovely to see them.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2011, 06:39:28 pm »
Kestrel showed up in the back garden today. Was sitting on the fence when a couple of sparrows, for some unknown reason flew straight for it. It plucked one straight out of the air. It had a nibble of this sparrow in the neighbours garden. Unfortunatley i couldn't view it. It was obscured by a table. But i waited for it to hop back up on the fence and it did. Got a little vid of it on me crappy phone, only a few secs. Couldn't find the camcorder. You can see the sparrow in its talons as it flew off.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pc13bp_0FVw?version=3&amp;amp" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Pc13bp_0FVw?version=3&amp;amp</a>

Fair few birds of prey around. Still have to get those peregrines
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:41:38 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2011, 01:39:49 pm »
Have only just found this thread, some great little stories. Just moved into a smaller house with a very small garden. It's mainly goldfinches, starlings the odd sparrow and doves we get round here. Going to re-do the garden see if I can get anything else in here, use to get a great variety in the last garden, can't get use to not having a robin or wren in this garden.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2011, 01:24:33 am »
One of the good things about this time of year is the Jay's burying acorns in the garden. One of my favourite birds despite them being members of the Crow family. Haven't seen one yet but they're due.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2011, 07:26:08 pm »
One of the good things about this time of year is the Jay's burying acorns in the garden. One of my favourite birds despite them being members of the Crow family. Haven't seen one yet but they're due.

My sister has a huge oak tree in her garden and last year the jays nested in it. They are beautiful birds but they don't half make a lot of noise.

If anyone on here is interested BBC4 have got a programme on garden birds, Birds Britannica at 7.30. Suppose to be really good.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:29:01 pm by jillc »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2011, 11:43:15 pm »
Missed that, must see if its repeated.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2011, 12:02:28 am »
Jay's are the best.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »

The first episode is on i-player at the moment. I think they are on every Monday evening 7.30 for four weeks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:02:55 pm by jillc »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2011, 11:22:29 pm »

The second part is monday evening 7.30 BBC4.

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2011, 05:20:27 am »
I thought this might have been the return of a certain thread! 

I guess not...........

:(
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2011, 06:21:34 am »
Another Peregrine Falcon was out in the folks back garden today. This one was smaller than the one i seen before, a lot leaner too. Was probably a young one or a male. The one i usually see must be a female, she's much bigger. Tried to take a pic on me mobile but when i tried to get a bit closer due to the shite resolution, it took off. One day i'll snap them
You're very lucky. Where I live there is only one breeding pair in about a 50 mile radius. The city built them a big wooden box that they nest in on top of one of the city buildings. They hunt over the park across the street from my office. We have found pieces of pigeons on the sidewalk, one time just the two wings attached to each other but to nothing else.  :o 
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2011, 08:15:34 am »

Painted Stork by zero zero, on Flickr

Really happy with the iridescence on the wings, through no skill on my part I might add.

It's taken at an iconic tank (man made lake) in Yala National Park, Southern Sri Lanka. It's a magical place, I could sit there for hours.

IMG_0457 by zero zero, on Flickr

If you look closely there's a bull elephant in the water eating lotus plants.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 7, 2012, 11:31:46 am »
A Crow has just been hunting a Jay in Caldies park, Jay's are a lovely bird and a member of the crow family. I fucking hate crows, when I was a kid you'd only ever see them in Wales, now they taken over the fucking city.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2012, 12:20:24 pm »
Two Tawny Frog Mouthed Owls moved in to our yard about two weeks ago, I can't stop taking photos of the fuckers, some of them are a laugh and I reckon the big one's just posing now. I'm made up as they eat snakes, mice and rats and there's friggin loads of stuff skulking around, particularly at night.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2012, 12:24:45 pm »
He's pulling faces now!

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2012, 12:26:06 pm »
Cheeky fucker

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2012, 12:41:45 pm »
 :lmao mental looking things

You're very lucky. Where I live there is only one breeding pair in about a 50 mile radius. The city built them a big wooden box that they nest in on top of one of the city buildings. They hunt over the park across the street from my office. We have found pieces of pigeons on the sidewalk, one time just the two wings attached to each other but to nothing else.  :o 
You're in Boston aren't ya? Remember taking a stroll round the well off areas there, up by beacon street. Was passing through one of the back lanes, and there was a huge hawk eating a squirrel, couldn't believe it. Stood there watching it eat, round 10 feet away from me, great big huge talons on it. Wasn't bothered by me at all. I was well chuffed

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2012, 06:23:38 pm »
Great photos mate, must be great to observe them.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2012, 08:02:56 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_jwM7bDIPQ8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_jwM7bDIPQ8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2012, 09:42:33 pm »
A chaffinch was flying in front of me as I was running round Caldies before - gorgeous little birds.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2012, 09:57:23 pm »
A chaffinch was flying in front of me as I was running round Caldies before - gorgeous little birds.

Lovely photo, use to have a couple of those in my old garden, but since I moved it is nothing but goldfinches, mind you they are pretty lovely too.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »
I was expecting to see tits in here.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2012, 10:29:55 pm »
Had a Robins nest in a small bucket at the bottom of the garden, three eggs in and the mothers abandoned it due to our dog nearly catching her. Gutted is putting it mildly.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2012, 10:34:31 pm »
Had a Robins nest in a small bucket at the bottom of the garden, three eggs in and the mothers abandoned it due to our dog nearly catching her. Gutted is putting it mildly.
That you got a free breakfast or that the dog missed the mother?
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2012, 10:40:03 pm »
Lovely photo, use to have a couple of those in my old garden, but since I moved it is nothing but goldfinches, mind you they are pretty lovely too.
The pic is off google, they look lovely when they'r ein flight. The colour sand flashes off white are superb.
Goldfinches are my second favourite garden visitor jillc, they're gorgeous little birds - just a bit small to appreciate. I'd say about 4 years ago they were rare around here (Allerton) but now they are extremely prevalent. I've also seen a couple in Aigbuth by my mums but there's also loads of Sparrows down there and I hardly see any in my garden.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2012, 10:40:54 pm »
That you got a free breakfast or that the dog missed the mother?
I could have killed the dog and ate her if am being honest. I should take a picture of the nest really, smart as fuck it has to be said. Why it would want to build a nest in a bucket lying on it's side on the floor is beyond me. There's a perfectly good bush right next to it. :P

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2012, 06:33:55 am »
saw my first Swallow today, always a good thing.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2012, 08:34:51 am »
saw my first Swallow today, always a good thing.

Where are you?

I've been expecting them anyday now down here in Devon but not seen any yet, though the weather has been grim, very wet April showers so not a lot of flying insect life around just yet for them to feed on.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2012, 04:50:47 pm »
Had one of these, a white throated dipper, bopping around in our stream yesterday...

(Not my photo, unfortunately didn't have a camera handy)

Very cute.

And the Martins and Swallows finally turned up last weekend.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:52:19 pm by The Gulleysucker »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)