Author Topic: Oasis...Fans ...in ....here.  (Read 180452 times)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Oasis...Fans ...in ....here.
« Reply #2040 on: December 1, 2017, 08:19:02 pm »

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2041 on: December 2, 2017, 07:54:04 am »
Been trying to think where the chorus for ‘It’s a beautiful world’ takes its influence. Finally came to me, ‘All the time’ by the strokes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GXcRdUTk0SI
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: December 2, 2017, 02:56:34 pm »
Noel is in for a good roasting from George Galloway tonight    ;D

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialGeorgeGalloway/photos/a.10151946500370797.1073741826.8534485796/10155839276395797/?type=3&theater

Why on earth is a gobshite anti-semite like Galloway getting airtime in an Oasis thread?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2043 on: December 2, 2017, 05:24:24 pm »
Why on earth is a gobshite anti-semite like Galloway getting airtime in an Oasis thread?

Cos he's been hanging out with What's The Story, Closet Tory apparently.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2044 on: December 28, 2017, 01:39:28 pm »
Supersonic on the tele last night.

Absolutely brilliant watch from start to finish. Baffles me just watching the sheer scale of those Knebworth gigs. It should be on iPlayer for a few weeks if anyone hasn't seen it. It's a must watch!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2045 on: December 29, 2017, 10:34:39 am »
Usually couldn't pay me to listen to them, but Supersonic is a superbly crafted documentary...the technique of using nothing but voice-overs to illustrate the archive footage works a treat ....very enjoyable couple of hours
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2046 on: December 29, 2017, 02:12:19 pm »
Supersonic on the tele last night.

Absolutely brilliant watch from start to finish. Baffles me just watching the sheer scale of those Knebworth gigs. It should be on iPlayer for a few weeks if anyone hasn't seen it. It's a must watch!
Yea it's brilliant. Very enjoyable and gutted i never got to go Knebworth.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2047 on: December 29, 2017, 10:29:11 pm »
State of that Man City coat he was wandering about in. Loved the Umbro did Liam.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2048 on: December 29, 2017, 10:40:56 pm »
State of that Man City coat he was wandering about in. Loved the Umbro did Liam.

I know, looked like Brian Horton or Alan Ball.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2049 on: December 29, 2017, 10:48:00 pm »
Watched Supersonic movie as well, the part when they got thrown off a ferry after a riot with West Ham fans, Noel says something like "Liam if you're proud of getting thrown off a ferry then go & support West Ham & fuck off out of my band" ;D
#Sausages

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2050 on: December 29, 2017, 11:00:27 pm »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: December 30, 2017, 09:11:44 pm »
Liam live in NYC on Sky Arts followed by Oasis at Barrowlands and then Noel's High Flying Birds from 2015.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: January 4, 2018, 07:09:37 pm »
Liam live in NYC on Sky Arts followed by Oasis at Barrowlands and then Noel's High Flying Birds from 2015.
Liam was quality even though his band wasn't.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2053 on: August 9, 2019, 01:05:29 pm »
25 years since Definitely Maybe came out. Bloody hell.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2054 on: September 24, 2019, 04:09:30 pm »
Liam's album is actually strong, simple but very enjoyable.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #2055 on: April 29, 2020, 11:09:20 pm »
Noel Gallagher announces release of lost Oasis song...  8)  at midnight tonight i think ? prob on twitter..

Don’t Stop... was previously only known from a recording of a soundcheck in Hong Kong.

Noel Gallagher has discovered a previously lost Oasis song that he plans to release at midnight on Thursday 30 April.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/apr/29/noel-gallagher-announces-release-of-lost-oasis-song

HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BPDktJNBwE
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 12:40:35 am by hixxstar »
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2056 on: May 1, 2020, 10:37:57 am »
Noel Gallagher announces release of lost Oasis song...  8)  at midnight tonight i think ? prob on twitter..

Don’t Stop... was previously only known from a recording of a soundcheck in Hong Kong.

Noel Gallagher has discovered a previously lost Oasis song that he plans to release at midnight on Thursday 30 April.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/apr/29/noel-gallagher-announces-release-of-lost-oasis-song

HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BPDktJNBwE
Any good? Liam isn't on the track?

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2057 on: May 4, 2020, 02:55:56 pm »
Very similar vibes to Record Machine. Shame it wasn't an early-90s demo that magically resurfaced as opposed to one that, were it any good, would've made it onto the first NGHFB album...

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: October 2, 2020, 10:54:57 am »
WTSMG is 25 years old today. Bloody hell.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2059 on: October 2, 2020, 11:08:23 am »

Neat ;D

Anyone else feel like this upcoming anniversary documentary looks a bit sad, featuring just Noel?  :-\

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2060 on: October 2, 2020, 11:28:59 am »

Wasn't that their 25th anniversary tribute to the Beatles?  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2061 on: October 2, 2020, 09:39:57 pm »

Makes me feel pretty old when I see anniversaries like this.

I know oasis divide opinion but what an album. Anthem after anthem
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2062 on: October 2, 2020, 10:59:07 pm »
I know oasis divide opinion but what an album. Anthem after anthem

Noel is an anti masker, City troll Tory.

But can’t think of many better records than DM or WTSMG, add in the bulk of The Masterplan and it is just an astonishing output over 2 years! Stands the test of time.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2063 on: October 3, 2020, 11:10:35 am »
I'm a big Oasis fan but the 2 brothers are equally pricks

Noel - what a song writer. Yeh I know he's open to plagiarism but which musical artist isn't? I recently watched a documentary on Beethoven and even he borrowed from other composers

Liam - awesome voice (in his prime - now he sounds a bit raspy) and one of the best rock voices of all time IMHO

If they reformed tomorrow then I'd go

but they are still pricks

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #2064 on: October 3, 2020, 12:27:05 pm »
90's?
Listen to Janes Addiction, STP, Alice in Chains, RHCP's, NIN, Ministry, Smashing Pumpkins....

Or these Wankers...

I know whcih I was listening to  :D

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2065 on: March 17, 2021, 04:50:59 pm »

Liam and Noel Gallagher set up film production company

No plans revealed for Kosmic Kyte, formed after years of fractious comments between Oasis’s rock star brothers

Liam and Noel Gallagher, the rock star brothers whose falling-out has been one of the bitterest in music history, have formed a new film production company together.

Kosmic Kyte Ltd was formed on 24 February, and is classed as a “motion picture production company” with the Gallaghers listed as the sole directors. Press representatives for each musician would not offer further comment to the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/mar/17/oasis-liam-and-noel-gallagher-set-up-film-production-company-kosmic-kyte

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: May 22, 2021, 08:34:37 am »
just watched a song-writers episode on sky arts about noel

man, doesn't he just love himself sooooooooooooooooo much

he puts himself up there with dylan, bowie, weller and the like - fuck off will yer mate

great anthemic songs you did write but those fellas are of a different league

and he's writing his own history again - when asked about what was the first record he bought he said 'yeh, never mind the bollocks - yeh that was my first record how cool is that?' NO NO NO your first record you bought was most probably pinky and perky you twat

his self-congratulatory manner is as annoying as his ian brown wannabe attitude - the only thing they have in common is they both can't sing - and i'm a roses fan

definitely maybe, morning glory and some of their later albums are still great but he's becoming a real-life caricature of himself

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #2067 on: May 22, 2021, 08:59:40 am »
Weller? Really? In the same group as Bowie? Not having that.

Online jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2068 on: May 22, 2021, 11:12:24 am »
Haven't really paid attention to anything Noel's done recently - enjoyed the first High Flying Birds record, listened to the second one a couple of times, and have never listened to the third album or the EPs.  Even Oasis dropped off my iPod at some point during the last couple of years, which is something my teenage-self would have disowned his future-self for.  Got a bit bored of the sound-bites too - halfway between wummery & arrogance.

Heard him chatting to Matt Everitt on the radio the other week and watched the Familiar to Millions (Wembley 2000) DVD that weekend, sort of for old time's sake - thoroughly enjoyed it.  Thought he was decent on 'Later...' last week too.  Nothing much against him really - you know what you get and you're either going to get (on record and off) and people are going to like it or not.

For what it's worth, I tend to think Noel & Oasis are both simultaneously over- & underrated.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2069 on: May 23, 2021, 12:22:06 am »
Noel would love to be a scouser. Just watched his appearance on Jools Holland and three of the six songs he chose were by Liverpudlians; The Coral, Macca and The Zutons.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2070 on: May 23, 2021, 09:23:03 am »
Noel was on Jonathan Ross. Anyone seen it?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2071 on: May 23, 2021, 10:10:59 am »

That's not a visual I want to see.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2072 on: May 23, 2021, 11:55:35 am »
That's not a visual I want to see.

;D

Saw a bit of it. Usually can't stand the fella, but he seemed alright last night, Liam still came over as a bellend when he was on the other week.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2073 on: May 23, 2021, 11:57:23 am »
;D

Saw a bit of it. Usually can't stand the fella, but he seemed alright last night, Liam still came over as a bellend when he was on the other week.

Yeah I saw a bit. He was relatively sincere last night and toned down the arrogance a bit.

Basically said they wouldn’t get back together as they’re both 50ish and the moment’s gone basically. Unless someone paid them £100m (which he admitted would never happen).

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2074 on: May 23, 2021, 12:18:06 pm »

Can't believe he mimed his new single. Lazy git.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2075 on: May 23, 2021, 12:57:45 pm »
Yeah I saw a bit. He was relatively sincere last night and toned down the arrogance a bit.

Basically said they wouldn’t get back together as they’re both 50ish and the moment’s gone basically. Unless someone paid them £100m (which he admitted would never happen).

I liked that bit, rather than them, he wanted the new Oasis, a bunch of lads coming through, not the same old same old.

Loved him comment on the Internet, that'll never catch on ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2076 on: May 23, 2021, 03:11:20 pm »
Got listening to their older albums again last week. That run from 94-96 is as good as any band since. Nothing they did after came close to matching the magic of that time.

Songs like Slide Away, I can picture Noel in his mid 20's sitting with not much money, picking up a guitar and writing a song from the heart about his pre rockstar girlfriend. Then Liam's voice, it's hard to imagine anyone else being more suited to singing it.

People will knock them, but putting on their older stuff from time to time just hits the spot for me.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2077 on: May 25, 2021, 11:51:34 am »
Got listening to their older albums again last week. That run from 94-96 is as good as any band since. Nothing they did after came close to matching the magic of that time.

Songs like Slide Away, I can picture Noel in his mid 20's sitting with not much money, picking up a guitar and writing a song from the heart about his pre rockstar girlfriend. Then Liam's voice, it's hard to imagine anyone else being more suited to singing it.

People will knock them, but putting on their older stuff from time to time just hits the spot for me.

They were 'of the moment', and although a few of their early songs have stood the test of time, I'm all rather 'meh' now.

And Liam's whiney Manc voice now just grates on me.

That the pair of brothers turned out to be utter wankstains doesn't help.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2078 on: May 25, 2021, 12:41:29 pm »

yeh - we're knocking them not their music

a lot of it is still cracking after all these years

and i would go to see a 50s-aged oasis no problem

rock and roll ain't just for the kids - it's in the attitude

but in saying that - if they tour when noel's using a walking frame and liam's sitting in a bath chair then maybe i would reconsider

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2079 on: June 10, 2021, 01:12:18 pm »
Ah. I see yer man Noels done a front page exclusive to the Sun in which he's chosen to call Prince Harry a snowflake.

He'll be booing the knee soon.