Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 184216 times)

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #1200 on: April 23, 2019, 12:30:54 am »
If his loan at Derby isn't enough for him to be given a chance in the first team next season then you have to ask what the point is of sending him on loan in the first place. You could say it's to raise the amount of money we'll get for him but I like to think a player going on loan at least has a chance in the future.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1201 on: April 23, 2019, 12:32:06 am »
Both Brewster and Wilson will be with the first team squad for pre-season next season.

Then we'll go from there.

I don't see why we would rule out keeping either of them.

We obviously don't want to sell Brewster, and I don't think we'd sell Wilson either unless we think he's capped out his value for the medium term.

If we decide he's still not quite ready for us, the smart play would be to loan him to either a Premier League team, or to Stevie at Rangers. Success at either of these options would significantly raise his value from 'good young Championship level player' a la Will Hughes a few years ago, to 'reliable British option for top level team', which should be enough for him to either slot into our squad or give us a very decent return on investment.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1202 on: April 23, 2019, 12:53:02 am »
Both Brewster and Wilson will be with the first team squad for pre-season next season.

Then we'll go from there.

I don't see why we would rule out keeping either of them.

We obviously don't want to sell Brewster, and I don't think we'd sell Wilson either unless we think he's capped out his value for the medium term.

If we decide he's still not quite ready for us, the smart play would be to loan him to either a Premier League team, or to Stevie at Rangers. Success at either of these options would significantly raise his value from 'good young Championship level player' a la Will Hughes a few years ago, to 'reliable British option for top level team', which should be enough for him to either slot into our squad or give us a very decent return on investment.

I don't see how playing Scottish Football would help his development. If there's an opportunity to play on loan for a top division club in Spain, Italy, Germany or England, then it makes sense.

I do agree that pre-season will be telling though. There are places up for grabs because Sturridge is pretty much definitely gone. Other positions where a young un can lay claim to is the back up full-back positions. I'd be interested to see how involved Ki-Jana Hoever is during the break.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1203 on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:23 am »
I don't see how playing Scottish Football would help his development. If there's an opportunity to play on loan for a top division club in Spain, Italy, Germany or England, then it makes sense.

I do agree that pre-season will be telling though. There are places up for grabs because Sturridge is pretty much definitely gone. Other positions where a young un can lay claim to is the back up full-back positions. I'd be interested to see how involved Ki-Jana Hoever is during the break.

2 reasons. First, I think in practice the Championship and the SPL are a similar level, so I agree that it wouldn't necessarily be his making as a player.

But I think scoring 16 goals from the wing in Scotland looks a lot more impressive than it does in the Championship. If he manages to do what he does for Derby for Rangers, I think he'd look a lot more attractive as a prospect to other clubs.

Furthermore, I think Stevie would be a better manager for him, because he's worked under Klopp and is likely to take more of a personal interest in Wilson's development. In that context, I think he might be a bit better at getting output from Wilson, both as a mentor and to better prepare him to play in a Klopp team.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: April 23, 2019, 08:18:02 pm »
If his loan at Derby isn't enough for him to be given a chance in the first team next season then you have to ask what the point is of sending him on loan in the first place. You could say it's to raise the amount of money we'll get for him but I like to think a player going on loan at least has a chance in the future.

Not entirely sure I go along with this to be honest. From everything I've heard of his loan spell he's been pretty up and down, as I'm sure have Derby and there's all the usual caveats to apply etc etc but it's possible we're going to finish the season having lost one domestic game all season.

Having a decent season at Derby, in the championship, doesn't for one second mean you're cut out to play for Liverpool. It's a good start for sure but where's the rush? I'd be looking to loan him out to a Premier League side next season, let him see how he gets on there. If he's good enough for a chance at Liverpool there'll surely be clubs in the bottom half of the table that'd take him on loan?
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: April 23, 2019, 08:19:50 pm »
2 reasons. First, I think in practice the Championship and the SPL are a similar level, so I agree that it wouldn't necessarily be his making as a player.

But I think scoring 16 goals from the wing in Scotland looks a lot more impressive than it does in the Championship. If he manages to do what he does for Derby for Rangers, I think he'd look a lot more attractive as a prospect to other clubs.

Furthermore, I think Stevie would be a better manager for him, because he's worked under Klopp and is likely to take more of a personal interest in Wilson's development. In that context, I think he might be a bit better at getting output from Wilson, both as a mentor and to better prepare him to play in a Klopp team.

I don't see any sense whatsoever in loaning players to SPL clubs. The standard of football is absolute garbage, they'd be better off playing in the reserves. Getting kicked a lot doesn't toughen you up mentally, it just gets you a lot of injuries.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1206 on: April 23, 2019, 08:31:30 pm »
Not entirely sure I go along with this to be honest. From everything I've heard of his loan spell he's been pretty up and down, as I'm sure have Derby and there's all the usual caveats to apply etc etc but it's possible we're going to finish the season having lost one domestic game all season.

Having a decent season at Derby, in the championship, doesn't for one second mean you're cut out to play for Liverpool. It's a good start for sure but where's the rush? I'd be looking to loan him out to a Premier League side next season, let him see how he gets on there. If he's good enough for a chance at Liverpool there'll surely be clubs in the bottom half of the table that'd take him on loan?

Look at his performances against premier league opposition, it tells you a lot not the fact that he’s up and down for a team with no system has PoP said and a rookie manager to boot, it was the same with Shaqiri, if you just go by his up and down time at Stoke you would probably never think he could have such a big impact as he has this season. He’s playing with better players, getting the ball
in better positions, playing in games where we more often than not create a few chances and have 65% possession, his level can only go up from here.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1207 on: April 23, 2019, 08:34:34 pm »
Wilson won’t be here next season...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1208 on: April 23, 2019, 08:44:10 pm »
Then disregard my comment as complete bollocks. The horrid club remark I stand by.

I'll disregard both as complete bollocks.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: April 23, 2019, 08:50:10 pm »
Look at his performances against premier league opposition, it tells you a lot not the fact that he’s up and down for a team with no system has PoP said and a rookie manager to boot, it was the same with Shaqiri, if you just go by his up and down time at Stoke you would probably never think he could have such a big impact as he has this season. He’s playing with better players, getting the ball
in better positions, playing in games where we more often than not create a few chances and have 65% possession, his level can only go up from here.

Which is exactly what I'd like to do which is why I said I'd like to see him loaned out to a Premier League team. Given the caliber of some of the fringe/youth players we have and have had in the squad we don't do it anywhere near often enough. Aside from Ings I'm struggling to think of another player we've even loaned out to another Premier League team for a long, long time.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: April 23, 2019, 08:50:50 pm »
I'll disregard both as complete bollocks.

If you're expecting to find much love for Rangers on a Liverpool forum you're in for a shock, Gerrard or no Gerrard.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: April 23, 2019, 08:52:48 pm »
Wilson won’t be here next season...

I'm inclined to agree with this. I'd like to think he would be, purely because I think there's something there and he's still very young but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us cash in on him next season. He'll have plenty of suitors in the Championship and as we've seen in recent seasons clubs down there aren't afraid to splash the cash.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: April 23, 2019, 08:56:57 pm »
I'm inclined to agree with this. I'd like to think he would be, purely because I think there's something there and he's still very young but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us cash in on him next season. He'll have plenty of suitors in the Championship and as we've seen in recent seasons clubs down there aren't afraid to splash the cash.

Championship  :lmao

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: April 23, 2019, 09:01:31 pm »
Championship  :lmao

You think a Premier League club would come in for him? Because I don't see it in all honesty

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: April 23, 2019, 09:11:27 pm »
You think a Premier League club would come in for him? Because I don't see it in all honesty
He's in a bracket with players like Jarrod Bowen, Tammy Abraham, Oliver McBurnie and so on.

These are not players we are remotely interested in signing, therefore neither should we be any more interested in bringing him into our first team setup. But I reckon plenty of bottom half PL sides will be looking at that level of player for next season.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: April 23, 2019, 09:12:14 pm »
https://www.football-espana.net/77902/atletico-madrid-want-marko-grujic-liverpool

€45m for Grujic to Atletico. Obviously it might be complete bollocks, but what a brilliant piece of business that would be.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: April 23, 2019, 09:13:05 pm »

Which is exactly what I'd like to do which is why I said I'd like to see him loaned out to a Premier League team. Given the caliber of some of the fringe/youth players we have and have had in the squad we don't do it anywhere near often enough. Aside from Ings I'm struggling to think of another player we've even loaned out to another Premier League team for a long, long time.
I would imagine there is a reason we don't do it. One being clubs aren't interest and two that we are worried players won't get games. From who was reportedly in for Wilson last summer it was only Championship clubs interested and GW would have been out most proven youngster. If he goes on loan next season as is being reported it will you would imagine only be to a Premier league club.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1217 on: April 23, 2019, 09:34:58 pm »

No reason a few bottom half of the table sides wouldn’t be interested in him if we do decide to sell rather than loan again.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #1218 on: April 23, 2019, 09:42:12 pm »

In my eyes, he's done everything he can to get a place in next season's squad. It might be not a great level but he can't do anything about that and he's performed to a good level plus when he's had a chance against PL opposition he's done really well.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: April 23, 2019, 11:11:16 pm »
https://www.football-espana.net/77902/atletico-madrid-want-marko-grujic-liverpool

€45m for Grujic to Atletico. Obviously it might be complete bollocks, but what a brilliant piece of business that would be.

Grujic is having a great season in the Bundesliga ... I can see him playing for LFC next season ...

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: April 24, 2019, 10:30:34 am »
Grujic is having a great season in the Bundesliga ... I can see him playing for LFC next season ...
I'd be amazed if a club offered €45m and we didn't take it.

We need to strengthen elsewhere.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: April 24, 2019, 10:43:59 am »

Me too,he seems to be coming along very nicely.

Sometimes you get the feeling our own players are dismissed too easily in favour of a fantasy signing as in they're taking the spot of whoever is the years hot prospect dream acquisition.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: April 24, 2019, 10:49:36 am »

Henderson and Milner are both getting on a bit and Jordan has had a few injuries in recent years. it would be great if we could start blooding a replacement while those two still have some mile left on the clock. Not sure how Grujic's skill set compares to those two players but he does look a player and certainly has the physical presence you need in this league.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #1223 on: April 24, 2019, 10:54:28 am »
With Grujic, I think it will come down to game intelligence and tactical discipline, he seems to have a lot about his game. Will he be able to function in a Klopp midfield though? I hope so.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: April 24, 2019, 12:29:09 pm »
Gerrard has been down to Anfield to discuss further loans for next season. Does anyone have a decent knowledge of the youth teams and possibilities in that regard?

Brewster will be with the Liverpool first team squad next season. Hover is a big prospect and like Brewster is more likely to be integrated into the first team setup rather than loaned.

After them the most talented youngsters are probably Rafa Camacho and Curtis Jones but we’ll only loan them out if they sign extensions and even then they’ll probably be able to get moves to the Championship or even the Bundesliga.

Woodburn and Ojo are slightly more experienced and their loan moves to date haven’t really worked out but again I suspect they would be able to get loan moves at a higher level than the SPL – but always a possibility.

In Kelleher and Grabara we have two talented goalkeepers who are ready to play first team football somewhere. Nat Phillips and Masterson are CBs who have had plenty of training time with the first team squad and likely available for loan as they won’t make the breakthrough here. I could see any 4 of them going on loan to Rangers if regular football was a prospect.

Beyond that I think you’re looking at players who are in the U23s but haven’t reached a level where they will be progressed to train full time with the first team. Gerrard will know quite a few of them well from his time managing them with the U18s.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1225 on: April 24, 2019, 02:25:20 pm »

He'd be a squad player here, behind Fab, Gini, Henderson, Keita and Milner, unless there is a couple of outs in midfield. I wonder if that is what he'll want after this season. He is not only a regular starter at Hertha, he is one of the first names on the teamsheet, he'll have got a taste for that no doubt, and who can blame him!

Dont see a team paying as much as those reports are saying today though, but you would understand that the club will put a high fee on him now, they don't need to let him go on the cheap. But I reckon if the club get a decent offer, they'd sell.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1226 on: April 24, 2019, 02:37:56 pm »
He has a contract until 2023, so I wonder if we’d be prepared to loan him for one more year (unless we get a very decent off this summer).

Come summer 2020 Milner will be out of contract, Henderson will be 30, and Wijnaldum will be almost 30 and only have a year left on his contract (although imagine he’s due to sign another any time now).

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: April 24, 2019, 05:04:27 pm »
He'd be a squad player here, behind Fab, Gini, Henderson, Keita and Milner, unless there is a couple of outs in midfield. I wonder if that is what he'll want after this season. He is not only a regular starter at Hertha, he is one of the first names on the teamsheet, he'll have got a taste for that no doubt, and who can blame him!

Dont see a team paying as much as those reports are saying today though, but you would understand that the club will put a high fee on him now, they don't need to let him go on the cheap. But I reckon if the club get a decent offer, they'd sell.

Milner and Henderson won't get any younger, and we need a better squad depth, so we don't have to go out in the first round of the domestic cups ...

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: April 24, 2019, 05:30:08 pm »
I struggle to see how Grujic has a place in our squad next year. I’d assume that we’ll go back in for Fekir or an alternative and allow Lallana to move on if he’d rather play first team football rather than see out his contract with minimal game time. All things well, Ox will be back in contention next year. Then you have Henderson, Gini, Milner, Keita and Fab who have all made valuable contributions this year, with the latter two likely to even better next season. That’s 7 players for 3 positions.

It’s easy to fall in love with academy players and those not in the team, and if we were battling out for 4th spot right now rather than top of the league, the Grujic love-in would have any further momentum and if we we’re doing worse, then you’d hear calls of “give the kids a go”. But there is no evidence to support Grujic being selected ahead of any of the above and there is nothing to suggest he’d be happy just training next year and maybe getting some cup football.

Difficult to see past another loan or perm move.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #1229 on: April 24, 2019, 05:49:31 pm »
I struggle to see how Grujic has a place in our squad next year. I’d assume that we’ll go back in for Fekir or an alternative and allow Lallana to move on if he’d rather play first team football rather than see out his contract with minimal game time. All things well, Ox will be back in contention next year. Then you have Henderson, Gini, Milner, Keita and Fab who have all made valuable contributions this year, with the latter two likely to even better next season. That’s 7 players for 3 positions.

It’s easy to fall in love with academy players and those not in the team, and if we were battling out for 4th spot right now rather than top of the league, the Grujic love-in would have any further momentum and if we we’re doing worse, then you’d hear calls of “give the kids a go”. But there is no evidence to support Grujic being selected ahead of any of the above and there is nothing to suggest he’d be happy just training next year and maybe getting some cup football.

Difficult to see past another loan or perm move.

Let's face it, I doubt any offer over 20m for either of Wilson or Grujic would be dismissed out of hand.

I'm personally loving the focus on adding real quality to the squad and part funding that with squad sales.

Solanke:    20m
Ward:        14m
Ings:         20m
Sakho:      25m
Stewart:    4m
Ibe:           15m
Allen:         15m

That's 110m of sales. Whilst everyone points to Coutinho = Allison +Van Dyke. That cohort is the equivalent of our front three. Obviously this doesn't take into account wages, but its light years away from what we were doing pre FSG.

Let's face it, there's a fair chance any of Woodburn, Wilson, Grujic, Kent, Ojo or Bogdan could go and cumulatively, if that funded the transfer fees of a world class CB and AM then I for one wouldn't be losing too much sleep.

That's without considering Clyne, Mignolet, Karius, Origi, Lallana, Shaquiri, and potentially one of the back-up CBs. I have different views on each of the players in that second list, but I'd certainly take the chance on trading them for potential "world class" players (however you want to define that).

As others have mentioned we would all love to see youngsters come through the club and be developed but the reality is that the bar for the first team is high... and hopefully keeps on getting higher. In the meantime, whilst we wait for that once in a generation player then I'm all for the FSG strategy of subsidising squad upgrades with youngster sales.

Personally, I'd like to see us give Wilson either a chance in the squad next year or a premier league loan.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:10:42 pm by Byrneand »
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1230 on: April 24, 2019, 06:27:10 pm »
If you're expecting to find much love for Rangers on a Liverpool forum you're in for a shock, Gerrard or no Gerrard.

I'm not here to 'find love for Rangers' I'm here to give people an update on the players we have on loan. I also know plenty of Liverpool fans who view us either with the same indifference they view other teams in Scotland (the same as many fans of Scottish football will view English teams), or are hoping we do well. Your own view is different but I'm not going to lose any sleep over that one, especially as you're already shown you're lacking in knowledge on matters concerning us.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: April 24, 2019, 06:32:21 pm »
I'm not here to 'find love for Rangers' I'm here to give people an update on the players we have on loan. I also know plenty of Liverpool fans who view us either with the same indifference they view other teams in Scotland (the same as many fans of Scottish football will view English teams), or are hoping we do well. Your own view is different but I'm not going to lose any sleep over that one, especially as you're already shown you're lacking in knowledge on matters concerning us.

Rangers have always been & always will be my favourite Scottish Club,you ballsed up royally passing up on the King because he was a shortarse though,if you hadn't done that then you wouldn't find another Clubs forum with more love  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1232 on: April 24, 2019, 08:08:28 pm »
I reckon Grujic will go

there are so many options in midfield and ox coming back adds another. I'd love to see him stay though, he could learn so much from Fabinho

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: April 24, 2019, 08:41:03 pm »
I reckon Grujic will go

there are so many options in midfield and ox coming back adds another. I'd love to see him stay though, he could learn so much from Fabinho

Same here,there's a monster of a player inside him,if he does go,we must put a buyback clause in.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: April 24, 2019, 10:33:06 pm »

And no one should be worrying about Benteke as potential competition for him if he did go to Palace.
I am sure Chelsea fans thought the same when Batshuayi who is a far better player than solanke went there. Benteke now keeping him out of the team. We done the right thing in the end anyway selling Solanke.

“Christian is contracted to us, Michy is a loan player and we are not sure how long we are going to be able to keep him, that’s part of the reason, but Christian has also been doing well and we think he deserves to start the game.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1235 on: April 24, 2019, 11:52:23 pm »
Just out of curiosity how many of you have watched Derby games and not just highlights? Ive watched a handful and Wilson is an absolute passenger half the time in games, the only reason people think hes quality here because he bangs in screamers and free kicks.

That doesn't mean your going to make it at the top game though if your intelligence in game is not up to speed with the likes of Liverpool and top level teams.

Sorry but we should be cashing in on him while his price is high because I do not think he has the football intelligence required for the level we are trying to achieve at this club.

If he is soooo good like everyone claims and able to stake a claim in our team why is he being linked to championship and low level premier league clubs and not the best of the best or even clubs in Germany top division where a lot of top class UK talent are going to hone their skills?

People constantly overhype youngsters in here

Take the 20m and put a buyback in just in case hes turns into a worldly, but dont see it happening.

"Apart from the singing Freddie Mercury was a passenger in Queen"

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: April 25, 2019, 09:15:24 am »
People constantly overhype youngsters in here
Yep.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: April 25, 2019, 11:26:10 am »
I have seen Wilson about 16 times this season. I cover Derby at times for a media role.

He has an excellent left foot,hard working & can play multiple positions.

But he doesn't have enough to play for us. Not creative enough or does he  have the pace & power to play in the front 3.
I would sell fpr 30m in the summer.

But wouldn't be totally against him being a squad player as he could pop up with a few goals but will never become a starter or make regular appearances

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #1238 on: April 25, 2019, 11:50:23 am »
I really hope we give Wilson the 1st half of next season to try and earn himself some 1st team minutes. If Klopp isn't impressed, get him back on loan to a top Championship team for the remainder of the season, before selling him next summer. I just don't think we should give up on a youngster that can arguably strike the ball from distance as well as anyone in world football, that easily. For me, Wilson looks an incredible prospect, even more so under Klopp's tutelage. I'd have him in the squad over 2019 Lallana every day of the week.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: April 25, 2019, 12:09:39 pm »
The reality is that this summer is the peak time to sell Wilson and the likes of Grujic as they both have had very good seasons.  We have been excellent at negotiating deals so move them on for good money,  I'd say we'd get in excess of £40m for both of them combined.  If we can have good buy back or sell on clauses inserted then we are in a no lose situation.  The money accrued for both of them,  along with the likes of Mignolet, Clyne among others would go a long way to buying stronger squad options.  Not every young player makes it and the reality is that as a business we develop young lads to improve them and their value as much as we develop them to play for us.