Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 184262 times)

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #1120 on: March 20, 2019, 02:40:22 am »
What's the consensus opinion on Marko Grujic's chances of becoming an established Liverpool player?

I know Grujic was Klopp's first signing but is he still the type of player that he would use in his midfield?

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: March 20, 2019, 08:59:37 am »
What's the consensus opinion on Marko Grujic's chances of becoming an established Liverpool player?

I know Grujic was Klopp's first signing but is he still the type of player that he would use in his midfield?

Apparently having a very good season in Germany. I think they will run the rule over him in pre-season and see whether he has the quality to give something to the team. Seems like he's a bit of a tough tackling all rounder that provides physical and aerial presence but also half decent moving the ball forward. If he has the work rate and intelligence then I think for sure he'll be staying around.

It will also depend a little on: a) Ox's fitness and comeback b) Milner's contract situation c) Lallana staying or going. We have 7 players vying for 3 positions which is probably enough currently. However, if we were to lose 1 or 2 then there would be a need for reinforcement.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1122 on: March 20, 2019, 09:28:07 am »

Hard to see it considering the homegrown quota situation.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: March 21, 2019, 04:16:04 pm »
Hard to see it considering the homegrown quota situation.

We can have a maximum of 17 players who are not "home grown"? From what I can see we have 15 in the squad right now (see below). A few more will come in but a few will also leave so I think if we wanted Grujic in the squad the home grown quota probably wouldn't be an issue.

Alisson, Mignolet, Lovren, van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Moreno, Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum, Salah, Shaqiri, Mane, Firmino and Origi

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: March 21, 2019, 04:34:04 pm »
We can have a maximum of 17 players who are not "home grown"? From what I can see we have 15 in the squad right now (see below). A few more will come in but a few will also leave so I think if we wanted Grujic in the squad the home grown quota probably wouldn't be an issue.

Alisson, Mignolet, Lovren, van Dijk, Matip, Robertson, Moreno, Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum, Salah, Shaqiri, Mane, Firmino and Origi

2-4 of those will leave so that leaves plenty of scope for bringing in non home grown players.  I like Grujic but another year on loan may be better for his long term development,  maybe at a club in the PL like Wolves.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1125 on: March 22, 2019, 02:46:00 pm »

can't see it happening. 

He'll be 23 soon too, yeah I know, still young! But its not like he's a kid now. He's had a season of being a starter and shown he can perform consisantly very well at the right club and league. Noises earlier in the season where that Liverpool where planning having him as part of the squad next season, but honestly, would anyone be surprised if they got a half decent offer they'd end up selling?

Like him as a player and been quite impressed with him this season, but beyond being a decent squad option here, I can't see it being more than that, which may not be what he desires either.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1126 on: March 24, 2019, 10:34:25 am »
Herbie Kane's season could be over , will be out for six weeks with a groin injury (Tear)

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1127 on: March 28, 2019, 08:19:41 am »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: March 28, 2019, 10:39:36 am »
Sounds like Grujic really wants to stay at Hertha

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marko-grujic-makes-liverpool-transfer-16036095.amp

Lazio and Galatasaray 'tracking him' according to that too.

Not sure if Hertha can afford him, so I don't think he'll be there next season, which is a shame.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1129 on: March 28, 2019, 10:44:27 am »
Lazio and Galatasaray 'tracking him' according to that too.

Not sure if Hertha can afford him, so I don't think he'll be there next season, which is a shame.

You follow the bundesliga a lot? What's Hertha Berlin style of play like? Anything similar to ours? Would be good if we were to send him on loan to a team that plays attacking football.

If we're planning on having him around the squad maybe the season after next, maybe a premier league club like Bournemouth/Wolves might be ideal to loan him to

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1130 on: March 28, 2019, 10:46:39 am »
You follow the bundesliga a lot? What's Hertha Berlin style of play like? Anything similar to ours? Would be good if we were to send him on loan to a team that plays attacking football.

If we're planning on having him around the squad maybe the season after next, maybe a premier league club like Bournemouth/Wolves might be ideal to loan him to

I think a deal for him to go to Wolves with us to have first option on Ruben Neves might be a good deal.  I reckon Neves will really step it up and would be a great squad addition.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: March 28, 2019, 11:05:04 am »

Hertha where quite non attacking in recent seasons! One of the very few Bundesliga clubs rather rigid and defensive in their approach. But this season they have come out of their shell a lot actually, and are far more expansive this season. I reckon it's a team that suited him well, as he's been allowed to be their main man, and he's grown because of it.  Their coach Pal Dardai has put full trust in him, and he's blossomed really.

Not sure where he goes next though! He's not a kid now, I reckon he makes a permanent tansfer somwhere to be honest if he isn't with LFC for pre-season. Not sure if another loan is of benefit to anyone.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1132 on: March 28, 2019, 11:20:06 am »
Hertha where quite non attacking in recent seasons! One of the very few Bundesliga clubs rather rigid and defensive in their approach. But this season they have come out of their shell a lot actually, and are far more expansive this season. I reckon it's a team that suited him well, as he's been allowed to be their main man, and he's grown because of it.  Their coach Pal Dardai has put full trust in him, and he's blossomed really.

Not sure where he goes next though! He's not a kid now, I reckon he makes a permanent tansfer somwhere to be honest if he isn't with LFC for pre-season. Not sure if another loan is of benefit to anyone.

I saw a video compilation of his game against Bayern Munich, I think. It may even have been you that posted it. He certainly looked composed and influential - a real tidy player. But I was surprised by how much time he was given on the ball. It all looked quite leisurely when compared with a Premier League central midfield. I don't watch Bundesliga games so I cannot say if that was in any way typical, but to get all that time on the ball when you're playing Bayern Munich? It was very strange.

You clearly do watch a lot of games from this league. Is my impression correct? And if so, what does it tell us about Grujic that might be useful for the Premier League? Anything?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: March 28, 2019, 11:36:51 am »
I saw a video compilation of his game against Bayern Munich, I think. It may even have been you that posted it. He certainly looked composed and influential - a real tidy player. But I was surprised by how much time he was given on the ball. It all looked quite leisurely when compared with a Premier League central midfield. I don't watch Bundesliga games so I cannot say if that was in any way typical, but to get all that time on the ball when you're playing Bayern Munich? It was very strange.

You clearly do watch a lot of games from this league. Is my impression correct? And if so, what does it tell us about Grujic that might be useful for the Premier League? Anything?

I recal a couple compilations here, one was from a really odd game, I think vs Nürnberg (worst team in the league and rooted to the bottom of the table), who Hertha beat comfortably,and it was like a training match. I remember being amazed someone actually spent time making a compilation of him in that actual game  ;D  Dont recal the Bayern one, but I guess it was from the home game rather than the away game. It would have been a time when Bayern where certainly not in form, and where in that stage of adapting to a new coach. And Nico Kovac is the most un-Bayern type coach in the sense he's defensive and rather un-adventurous to put it kindly. Normally, a smaller team like Hertha wouldn't even be allowed to have the ball for any length of time in midfield vs Bayern.

For sure players have more time in the Bundesliga. It isn't a slow league at all, in fact it has it's frantic games, plenty of speed and pace to games. But it certainly isn't as 'in your face' you could say, in the middle of the park as the prem is, nowhere near. Most teams tend to keep the ball on the floor too, and players on some teams will generally have more time to use it. I guess it's a good league for midfielders who like to use the ball well. And then if they go to the prem they probaby get rather a shock to the system  ;D

Edit: sorry, missed the last part of your post, as for Grujic, all it tells me is that he has the capabilities to be a first 11 player at a certain level! For Liverpool? I doubt it very much. He's a neat and tidy player, good strength, has a decent eye for a pass and a shot and even for a goal, quite an adaptive midfielder, as he's played defensively and further forward for Hertha. I do think he can play in the prem though. Just not really for a team competing each season for CL.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:48:55 am by Die Nullfünfer »

Online daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #1134 on: March 28, 2019, 11:49:35 am »
Would be a shame to lose him permanently without seeing what he can offer now he's had a decent amount of first team games. By all accounts, the prem may still be a bit too fast for him, but a loan to a mid table team would give us an opportunity to see if he can cut it. He done well at Cardiff and the championhip can be a mental league to play in. He's now tested himself against better quality opposition, so I'd say the next step should be either a full pre season with us or a loan to a prem team. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #1135 on: March 28, 2019, 07:53:12 pm »
Seen a few of his Hertha game compilations. He's tidy and he looks like he's gotten stronger physically to shake off pressure/challenges. As others have pointed out though, he wasn't harried all that much in most of his games as you'd expect him to be in the premier league, but whenever he was under pressure, he still looked tidy. Still think he is not quite there yet to be a good first team option for us, and I'd rather he could be loaned out to another premier league side next season if possible. There's a fair few mid-table sides he'd most definitely improve.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: March 31, 2019, 01:22:42 pm »
Kent scores a great goal for Ranagers against Celtic.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #1137 on: March 31, 2019, 01:25:29 pm »
Every time I've seen Kent for Rangers he's done a cracking job. is that his level, or do we think he might have more?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1138 on: March 31, 2019, 01:25:47 pm »
Kent scores a great goal for Ranagers against Celtic.

Would be nice for him to get a chance next season, he's genuinely two footed, quick and good from set pieces. I think he has more to his game than Ojo and Wilson. I can see all three being sold though.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #1139 on: March 31, 2019, 04:00:04 pm »
Kent not happy about Scott Brown being Scott Brown.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: March 31, 2019, 04:29:22 pm »

😂👍
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: April 1, 2019, 01:19:09 am »

The referee vanishes as the punch is thrown - just watch him run across the screen then disappear!

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #1142 on: April 1, 2019, 12:08:49 pm »
Haha, well spotted! It's like Rafa and his magical sliding hand. Kent will likely get a few games ban for that though seeing as it wasn't seen. He's been doing alright for them though, his directness is well appreciated by the Gers fans.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #1143 on: April 2, 2019, 11:02:48 am »
Every time I've seen Kent for Rangers he's done a cracking job. is that his level, or do we think he might have more?

It's a tough one, I would like to see as a minimum him go on our pre-season tour. I think he has been inconsistent but then so have Rangers at times.

Interesting to see what happens with him, and Wilson. I would like both of them to be given a chance but, how much game time will they realistically get?
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: April 2, 2019, 01:37:59 pm »
It's a tough one, I would like to see as a minimum him go on our pre-season tour. I think he has been inconsistent but then so have Rangers at times.

Interesting to see what happens with him, and Wilson. I would like both of them to be given a chance but, how much game time will they realistically get?

Based on the reports that came out yesterday/day before that we've set a price for him I'd say it's a better then good chance that he'll be sold in the summer. 

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: April 2, 2019, 02:10:59 pm »
Harry Wilson is going through a bit of a dry patch. No goals or assists in his last 784 minutes of league football.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1146 on: April 2, 2019, 07:16:00 pm »

I think this, or the Championship, may be his level. I really like the lad, he's pacy, has a really good touch and isn't afraid to run at players. The downside is that for all the apparent ability he has there's been a bit of a lack of goals and assists from him. I'd still sign him in a heartbeat but he's likely out of our price range now.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1147 on: April 2, 2019, 07:17:12 pm »

Brown's just a pound shop Dennis Wise. Well done to Kent  8)

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #1148 on: April 2, 2019, 08:41:01 pm »
I think this, or the Championship, may be his level. I really like the lad, he's pacy, has a really good touch and isn't afraid to run at players. The downside is that for all the apparent ability he has there's been a bit of a lack of goals and assists from him. I'd still sign him in a heartbeat but he's likely out of our price range now.

Yeah that's the feeling I get. He's an exciting player, very direct and does trouble the opposition defence, but his end product isn't really top six premier league standard, let alone Champions league or title chasing standard. I think he could play in the prem though but would likely be for a mid-table side at best.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: April 3, 2019, 06:30:19 pm »
Harry Wilson is going through a bit of a dry patch. No goals or assists in his last 784 minutes of league football.
He only has two assists all season so not much has changed there but the goals have dried up. Be interesting to see how many of his goals are outside the box or free kicks because as you step  up a level you expect these to be harder to get also with better goalkeepers.

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1150 on: April 4, 2019, 05:37:40 pm »
Kent had another decent game last night. Also got the loudest cheer of the night by far when the teams were read out. Probably due to his fighting spirit  8)

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1151 on: April 6, 2019, 03:16:43 pm »
Wilson’s just scored.
AHA!

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: April 6, 2019, 03:23:48 pm »
Wilson’s just scored.

And so has Grujic,nice

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1153 on: April 6, 2019, 03:25:12 pm »
Ejaria got an assist too.
AHA!

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #1154 on: April 6, 2019, 03:50:54 pm »
Grujic goal v Fortuna Düsseldorf

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: April 6, 2019, 04:01:22 pm »
Grujic goal v Fortuna Düsseldorf

great goal that. wins the ball. carries on running supporting the attack and bang. Ball in the net.

looks like a productive weekend for our loanees

maybe a clean sheet for karius and Taiwo to get on the scoresheet to make it an even more productive one.

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1156 on: April 6, 2019, 04:42:31 pm »
Another for Wilson.
AHA!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1157 on: April 19, 2019, 03:54:48 pm »
Watching Wilson today , same as the few games I’ve seen he seems to drift out of games for long periods

Anybody seen much of him this season ?

Offline Gerswatch

• Main Stander
« Reply #1158 on: April 20, 2019, 10:05:25 am »
Wilson and Kent both being linked with a move to Leeds.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1159 on: April 20, 2019, 10:54:26 am »
Wilson and Kent both being linked with a move to Leeds.

If Bielsa stays & the move happens, that would be some good footballing education for them.