Author Topic: General West Ham thread  (Read 405304 times)

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
Re: West Ham.
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2011, 07:50:51 pm »
The players have to take a large slice of the blame too, should of had 6 points out of the last 2 games but threw both away! Criminal to go 2-0 up & go on to lose the game no matter who you are!
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2011, 08:35:27 pm »
Apparently they paid £500 for that. Twats.

So what Kick Off times for Millwall V West Ham next season? 11am?

Apparently someone on another forum I post on was responsible for that with his mates :-X
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2011, 08:58:55 pm »
West Ham will be in the same league as Millwall for the first time in ...? Gonna be interesting ;D
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2011, 09:04:13 pm »
West Ham will be in the same league as Millwall for the first time in ...? Gonna be interesting ;D

West Ham, Millwall and Leeds all in the same league - hope the police are ready

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2011, 09:05:20 pm »
West Ham, Millwall and Leeds all in the same league - hope the police are ready

& potentially Cardiff
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2011, 09:13:00 pm »
And maybe Forest.

At least Sheffield United went down.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2011, 09:15:56 pm »
& potentially Cardiff

Don't Brighton and Palace hate each other as well?

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »
Don't Brighton and Palace hate each other as well?

yeah, Leyton Orient & West ham also despise each other & the mighty O's are currently one point outside the play offs with 2 games to go.....

Offline The China Fox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2011, 09:21:35 pm »
Good luck West Ham.

Brady, Sullivan and Gold are a special collection of gobshites.
This threads gone downhill fast.
It promised so much but failed dismally.

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2011, 09:27:14 pm »
yeah, Leyton Orient & West ham also despise each other & the mighty O's are currently one point outside the play offs with 2 games to go.....
The league 1 season is over they came 7th.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2011, 09:30:23 pm »
I was full sure West Ham would be in around 10th place this season.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »
The league 1 season is over they came 7th.

My bad, for some reason thought there was still a couple of games left!  :butt

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2011, 09:43:33 pm »
West Ham as a club are in a mess. Looks like they're going down. But hope to see them back sooner rather than later.
It's their fans I feel so sorry for, always found them a good bunch.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2011, 09:55:14 pm »
Like Newcastle and Middlesborough a few seasons back, the possibility of this happening has been on the cards for a while now. Mismanagement of resources, poor ownership, lack of support for managers (Zola/Curbishley), financial disarray, a stream of unconvincing and wasteful signings and an inability to follow a set of short and long-term objectives. In 2007, they could have been relegated due to point deductions for the Tevez/Mascherano signings. Last season they finished in 17th with a measly 35 points.

Then again it could have been all so different with a bit more direction. According to The Guardian, West Ham threw away 22 points from winning positions whilst Grant was in charge.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:57:08 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2011, 10:04:43 pm »
Green street comes to life then...

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2011, 10:06:23 pm »
We'll miss you!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xLYPWEEzBzw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/embed/xLYPWEEzBzw</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLYPWEEzBzw&NR=1
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2011, 10:09:48 pm »
Then again it could have been all so different with a bit more direction. According to The Guardian, West Ham threw away 22 points from winning positions whilst Grant was in charge.

Without a doubt Grant had to be the worst manager in the league this season. Shocking manager.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2011, 10:12:39 pm »
We'll miss you!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xLYPWEEzBzw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/embed/xLYPWEEzBzw</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLYPWEEzBzw&NR=1

Here you go lad these are the true fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ1SdHnjAEU&feature=related

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2011, 11:21:10 pm »
The day was finally summed up when Robbie Keane went to throw his shirt into the crowd & .......missed
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2011, 12:11:05 am »
I was much more upset when we went down in '03. Cole, Defoe, Carrick, Kanoute, Di Canio, Johnson. That was the basis for team that could have done something good.

This year? I'll miss Parker and Green. The rest can all get fucked. Last time was a great squad. This time it is a massive case of deadwood.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2011, 12:18:16 am »
I genuinely feel for West Ham and think the fans deserve better. Last time they got relegated they managed to clear the ranks and bounce back hopefully they'll do it again.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2011, 12:21:15 am »
A lot of irrational, stereotype-based hatred for Liverpool, the city and the club, on KUMB. Ah well, I'm glad that that section of fans are going through the pain of relegation. Feel sorry for most of them though, their club has been treated like shite by those who are employed to uphold its standards for years now

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2011, 12:57:19 am »
It's a shame West Ham have gone down, they're a good club.

On the other hand, I'm a little happy they did, a mate of mine is in the reserve team and could get opportunities in the championship with a lot of their strikers moving on after relegation.

They've been run poorly, just like Newcastle were.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2011, 01:07:39 am »
I was much more upset when we went down in '03. Cole, Defoe, Carrick, Kanoute, Di Canio, Johnson. That was the basis for team that could have done something good.

This year? I'll miss Parker and Green. The rest can all get fucked. Last time was a great squad. This time it is a massive case of deadwood.
Who do you want in to replace Grant?

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2011, 01:33:22 am »
One thing I do know is that the reserve team manager changed this year, and rather than use it to give younger players games, all the older squad players were being used in the reserves. Obviously in their precarious position it was important to keep players on their toes, but it's a very short term approach.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2011, 04:34:34 am »
Recorded the games watched it after ours finished..incredible stuff.So many missed chances by both teams.Cole misses a sitter on 90 mins thenzgobia scores from a mistake from green who was up untill that moment man of the match.
Will west ham manage to come straight back up ?

Offline Hahariz

• Anny Roader
  • It was fun while it lasted. 35 years.
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2011, 07:00:15 am »
Grant was sacked yesterday right?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2011, 08:30:34 am »
The day was finally summed up when Robbie Keane went to throw his shirt into the crowd & .......missed

:lmao

Was it as bad a miss as the his miss the other week?

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2011, 09:19:46 am »
Good players who can't be arsed.
Too many inconsistent players
A manager who's known for months that he has no future there
Owners who suck the joy out of everything they touch

Paying Kieran Dyer around £80k a week to play for Ipswich. Not the be all and end all, but it reflects the sort of player brought to the club by the previous owners. Too many people lining their pockets and not enough grafters like Parker in my opinion.
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2011, 09:21:47 am »
Surprised he got any purchase on the shirt at all

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2011, 10:42:31 am »
Them owners are dragging that club down as much has Grant has taken them down. I have a relative whose a coach at West Ham who tells me they are nothing but a bunch of cowboys. He's been there since he was a kid as a player and now a coach, but he said he can't wait till his contract is up and he's off.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2011, 10:58:50 am »
I feel for the Hammers on here, good bunch of lads to a man. You all seem  to be taking it pretty well though, resigned to it for a while I guess?

Best of luck for next season. Any early thoughts on who you’d like in charge? And any predictions on which players will leave (or which ones will be staying if that’s a shorter list!)?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2011, 11:01:47 am »
Saw Mclaren's name being bandied about on Sky this morning.... He best get practising his best Alf Garnett impression..  ;)

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2011, 11:04:10 am »
I blame Alan Curbishley for signing a load of shite on huge wages when he actually had money, and because I don't like him.

He'll get exactly 0% of the blame though.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2011, 11:21:01 am »

Funniest thing I've read today ;D

I have no real problem with West Ham or the majority of their fans. The Prem doesn't seem right without them and for me they're more of a "proper" club than some others currently occupying a place in the league.

Hope they enjoy their derbies with Millwall and give Leeds a proper doing (on the pitch).

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2011, 11:24:21 am »
Ive always had a soft spot for West Ham... and during the seventies and eighties lots of their lads tried to hit it on my visits to the Boleyn....whilst Arsenal receive the plaudits for Wengers football ...playing the game well was always in the Hammers DNA...I say 'was' cos like many things in football large amounts of money corrupts the culture of football clubs and I see WHU as a club who has suffered...they produce fantastic players..sell  them and waste the procedes on shite...Their fans have always enjoyed a trip to Anfield ( isnt that so West Ham boys?) and provided good and witty support while their team provided 3 points...hopefully they will be back soon.

Offline Hahariz

• Anny Roader
  • It was fun while it lasted. 35 years.
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2011, 03:26:17 pm »
Green street comes to life then...

My thoughts exactly!  ;D

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2011, 03:39:51 pm »
Well of course it is, but at the end of the day it comes down to the players and manager not being good enough. There is something fundamentally wrong at West Ham. For the last 10 years or so, but particuarly since the 2006 Cup final the club has just jumped from one disaster to another; finacial meldown, the Tevez saga, relegation, constant injuries, 90% of turnover on wages, poor managerial appointments, the list just goes on. Its bred almost a psych of failure and discontent that runs throught the clubs fans, players and backroom staff. The only player I will be sorry to see leave will be Scott Parker! I'd happily hand out their P45's to every other squad member pretty much and show them the door. In a strange way going down may be good for the club, an oppitunity for the cancer to be cleared out of the club. I feel that when we do go down this year we may spend a few seasons in the Championship though.

all the best for your side next year, that club is too good for the championship. Who is the best choice for a new manager, Bilic ? By the way the millwall banner going over the dw stadium made me feel sick !
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2011, 03:42:21 pm »
Think they'll be back very soon. That squad should tear apart the championship under a decent manager.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2011, 04:12:14 pm »
I blame Alan Curbishley for signing a load of shite on huge wages when he actually had money, and because I don't like him.

He'll get exactly 0% of the blame though.
Incredible he was in the running to replace Houllier a few years back, thank fuck we dodged that bullet, we'd still be recovering now.