Author Topic: Holiday 2020 (Now Cancelled due to Coronavirus) will we get away in 2021?  (Read 36425 times)

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
We were staying at my Mum's house in Florida for ours, we did think about going over anyways if flights were going. But given how slack they've been with Covid-19 we didn't really feel it was worth the risk. Bars and restaurants are either closed or going to be risky going to. Seemed pointless going somewhere to quarantine either.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The UK government is still advising against all non essential travel so even though you may be able to fly to Spain and there is no quarantine, your travel insurance will be voided due to the government advisory. Travel companies will still cover you I believe under package insurance but book the trip by yourself and you are fecked if anything goes wrong. Basically we are pretty much stuck right now.

It must be OK to travel, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson absolute stuck up c*nt of a father flew to Greece this week.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The UK government is still advising against all non essential travel so even though you may be able to fly to Spain and there is no quarantine, your travel insurance will be voided due to the government advisory. Travel companies will still cover you I believe under package insurance but book the trip by yourself and you are fecked if anything goes wrong. Basically we are pretty much stuck right now.

That is being changed tomorrow, so, with the lifting of the quarantine today, happy days.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We might actually get to go to France in October to have a look at some properties now the restrictions are being lifted.

I've picked out dozens online already that I'd like to view but being able to go and spend time in and around the area we want to buy in will be great.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm just going to go ahead with Barcelona in September. Clearly won't be getting a refund on flights as most airlines are now starting up and hotels there are now all opening as well

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We might actually get to go to France in October to have a look at some properties now the restrictions are being lifted.

I've picked out dozens online already that I'd like to view but being able to go and spend time in and around the area we want to buy in will be great.

What are your plans if/when you buy something, Debs?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Fucking huge RAWK party in the garden ;)

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It'll be a holiday home whilst we're still working where we are as we'll only get 4wks a year to go out there.

We might consider renting it out for a while as we've another 5yrs before I can retire but that'll depend on how much work needs doing to it.

However if our plans to set up the nature reserve at my brothers comes off then we'll pack in working in Yorkshire to go down to Wales and that'll be seasonal work so we'll be able to spend a few months each year in France.

If we have the money and there's outbuildings I'd like to set up a nice bunkhouse type holiday accommodation for backpackers  kayakers, walkers, cyclists.  Just bring a sleeping bag but don't expect breakfast [emoji23]

It's something we used a lot when we were kayaking every weekend, especially in the winter.  Somewhere to cook a meal, have a shower and get a decent night's kip.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking huge RAWK party in the garden ;)
And one of those too.  Maybe even an annual get together at season end [emoji16]

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
I'm just going to go ahead with Barcelona in September. Clearly won't be getting a refund on flights as most airlines are now starting up and hotels there are now all opening as well

Us too. We were heading to Berlin for the marathon (now cancelled) but we're not getting the money back on flights or accommodation.

Hopefully we can have a few days away and see a bit of the city without my girlfriend running 26.2 miles on the Sunday

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Us too. We were heading to Berlin for the marathon (now cancelled) but we're not getting the money back on flights or accommodation.

Hopefully we can have a few days away and see a bit of the city without my girlfriend running 26.2 miles on the Sunday

She can still go for the run if she wants ;)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Had Oman booked in November. Was going to reschedule the holiday until March next year but the flights increase £600pp! Having difficulty getting answers from the travel agent who emails me when they feel like it.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
She can still go for the run if she wants ;)

We'd also booked for Milan in early April. Then they cancelled the marathon (before anyone knew it would end up like this and until easyJet cancelled on us we were still planning on going and she was adamant she was running the course. I was just going to drink wine and eat pizza. 😂

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!

Was due there this coming Thursday and the only think stopping us going is Easyjet cancelled the flights.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We'd also booked for Milan in early April. Then they cancelled the marathon (before anyone knew it would end up like this and until easyJet cancelled on us we were still planning on going and she was adamant she was running the course. I was just going to drink wine and eat pizza. 😂

Get yourself to an Imbis and get some Currywurst down you this time ;D

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It'll be a holiday home whilst we're still working where we are as we'll only get 4wks a year to go out there.

We might consider renting it out for a while as we've another 5yrs before I can retire but that'll depend on how much work needs doing to it.

However if our plans to set up the nature reserve at my brothers comes off then we'll pack in working in Yorkshire to go down to Wales and that'll be seasonal work so we'll be able to spend a few months each year in France.

If we have the money and there's outbuildings I'd like to set up a nice bunkhouse type holiday accommodation for backpackers  kayakers, walkers, cyclists.  Just bring a sleeping bag but don't expect breakfast [emoji23]

It's something we used a lot when we were kayaking every weekend, especially in the winter.  Somewhere to cook a meal, have a shower and get a decent night's kip.

Sounds great. My wife and I have always had aspirations to retire abroad (Italy being the main candidate) but Brexit has scotched those plans.

Obviously a lot can change in the time before we retire but at best we might be looking at getting a holiday home out there and escaping the British bad weather for a few months each year.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds great. My wife and I have always had aspirations to retire abroad (Italy being the main candidate) but Brexit has scotched those plans.

Obviously a lot can change in the time before we retire but at best we might be looking at getting a holiday home out there and escaping the British bad weather for a few months each year.
My sister's looking at Italy to move to but she likes the really hot weather and also skiing which you get both of there.

We'd never thought about buying abroad till recently but we just can't afford to buy the space or peace and quiet we crave here and the climate in France isn't as extreme as Spain or Italy.  They're far too hot for us [emoji16]

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Refund has come through from EasyJet, took about a month from submitting the claim.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Refund has come through from EasyJet, took about a month from submitting the claim.

We are still waiting for BA to refund, 2 months now :butt

Last night we booked a weekend away in the Lakes for mid August, log cabin with large seating area overlooking Windermere, waiting on TUI to cancel Mexico properly so we can sort somewhere for October and got confirmation for Dubai through for Feb 2021.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Arrived in Spain today

:-\

Still not convinced it was the right decision, but that grabbing twat O'Leary opened the route again and we'd have had to pay £400 to change the flights.

Staying with friends in their villa; they were supposed to be here from late April but only arrived last weekend. I refuse to give O'Leary any more cash than I have to.

Airport was half deserted; plane as much of a hellhole as always, but with masks. Spain really strict about masks.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Arrived in Spain today

:-\

Still not convinced it was the right decision, but that grabbing twat O'Leary opened the route again and we'd have had to pay £400 to change the flights.

Staying with friends in their villa; they were supposed to be here from late April but only arrived last weekend. I refuse to give O'Leary any more cash than I have to.

Airport was half deserted; plane as much of a hellhole as always, but with masks. Spain really strict about masks.

Enjoy it, lad.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just got confirmation from Easyjet my Geneva flights are cancelled just a week before would have been due to fly. :)

Going to Ullapool instead for a few days, going to climb Suilven.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
After everything thats gone on I'm thinking of taking my self away for Christmas. Considering Cyprus, Malta or anywhere hot, but then won't rule out somewhere in this country if I must.

Any recommendations for a 42 year-old beer loving man who wants to chill out in new surroundings for 7 days?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
After everything thats gone on I'm thinking of taking my self away for Christmas. Considering Cyprus, Malta or anywhere hot, but then won't rule out somewhere in this country if I must.

Any recommendations for a 42 year-old beer loving man who wants to chill out in new surroundings for 7 days?

Gran Canaria or Tenerife. Guaranteed weather and plenty of places to get a bevvy. Friends of ours who are in their 40's take their lads who are early 20's to Gran Canaria for Christmas and all love it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Missus is set on Cyprus, IF the UK gets allowed on the B list from 1st August, its £54 each for a mandatory covid test on landing and self isolation while you wait for the results. I'd rather go to the canaries.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

I’ve done Fuerta before over Xmas, weather was great and (depending where you go) normally plenty of decent places to get a drink or great food.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Just got confirmation from Easyjet my Geneva flights are cancelled just a week before would have been due to fly. :)

Going to Ullapool instead for a few days, going to climb Suilven.

Now that's a proper holiday.

None of this boring lying about on beaches drinking beer.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Now that's a proper holiday.

None of this boring lying about on beaches drinking beer.

I know you are a climber, so just to clarify, I will be going up the path and along the ridge at the back, not going up that rock face in the picture!  ;D

Sill meant to be a steep climb and it is a long hike in just to get to it before the climb.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
I know you are a climber, so just to clarify, I will be going up the path and along the ridge at the back, not going up that rock face in the picture!  ;D

Sill meant to be a steep climb and it is a long hike in just to get to it before the climb.

Will be excellent whatever route.

Have fun
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Florida holiday officially cancelled by Virgin today. 120 days to get a refund the robbing c*nts.

Is there any point in booking a holiday this year or shall I hang on until next now?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Florida holiday officially cancelled by Virgin today. 120 days to get a refund the robbing c*nts.

Is there any point in booking a holiday this year or shall I hang on until next now?

Greece, Spain and the Canaries are all open to us, some lovely places there, but obviously not on a par with Florida. We're hoping to go to Fuertaventura seeing as Mexico will be binned off.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan

It's ultimately up to the individual.

Personally I wouldn't go abroad until next summer at the earliest but if there is some vaccine or real downturn in this virus by the end of 2020 (pretty unlikely) then I wouldn't rule out going abroad in February 2021.

I think once I was there It wouldn't be that bad but the thought of the airport and plane at the moment would be enough to keep me away.

Me and my girlfriend are planning on going away in England next month then a spa break in October - that's good enough for me right now.

We were planning on going to USA October 2021 but I'm now thinking we push that back to 2022.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Aaand just like that, Barcelona goes into voluntary lockdown. Wish I could bin this off.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Spectacular, good luck, you can enjoy a few bevvies after that

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Aaand just like that, Barcelona goes into voluntary lockdown. Wish I could bin this off.

Still plenty of time - i was supposed to be there last Thursday to Wednesday just gone. I'm still expecting my September jaunt to go tits up as well.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Next door supposed to be going to menorca tomorrow, fingers crossed we get two weeks peace from her drony manc voice :D

• Legacy Fan
Still plenty of time - i was supposed to be there last Thursday to Wednesday just gone. I'm still expecting my September jaunt to go tits up as well.
Which airline are you with and did you get a refund? I'm going there with Vueling, returning with Jet2. Both have restarted flights.

Not sure if there's any point going, I can hardly breathe in a mask as it is. Walking round there with a mask on in 28 degrees can't be too enjoyable. Plus there'll be big queues for everything. Looking to rebook for July next year.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Which airline are you with and did you get a refund? I'm going there with Vueling, returning with Jet2. Both have restarted flights.

Not sure if there's any point going, I can hardly breathe in a mask as it is. Walking round there with a mask on in 28 degrees can't be too enjoyable. Plus there'll be big queues for everything. Looking to rebook for July next year.

Easyjet and took vouchers and already used most of the refund to book next September's trip La Merce festival trip as Easyjet released to end of Sept 21 this week (usually October before they release that far).

The humidty in July and August can be really bad, it's sometimes even bad end of September.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
If anyone is flying with Ryanair over the next few days, their online check-in is not working properly as it will not let you download your boarding passes. It's affecting both the web and app based check-in. I would attempt to contact their customer service however I don't have 5 hours to spare this afternoon. Anyone else experiencing this too?

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
So to counter the downturn in their business it sounds like airlines, hotels etc will limit space somewhat, reduce their overheads by letting thousands go and charge their customer increased rates while offering even less of a customer service. On top of that they are putting their hands out for government assistance. I wont be surprised if O Leary comes up with a Priority Covid upgrade where you pay for social distancing boarding. Then when the flight is announced its a free for all at the gates anyway.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I