Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 53515 times)

Offline AnfieldCat

• All Hail the Sworn Enemy of WoodisonDog!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anxiety
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2014, 01:14:28 pm »
Get yourself to the docs mate. When I had anxiety attacks I would never get physical pain so get to the docs to rule out anything more sinister.

I have had physical pain from anxiety and it is very common, I agree your first port of call when getting symptoms should always be to go to the doctor to rule out anything sinister but anxiety causes many, many symptoms. When I first started getting it I was getting chest pains, I was making myself cough, palpitations, ear problems, I ended up taking antibiotics, having my ears syringed all for no reason, it was all anxiety. I also got a huge rash all over my trunk which the doctor hadn't seen before which was triggered by me stressing and worrying, I was having trouble swallowing what with having anxiety dry mouth and that then made me lose my appetite, I was getting indigestion all the time, my periods stopped for a bit, I'm only saying this to show how anxiety can really affect practically everything in your body.

All this was 10 years ago and I haven't been right since mentally, all those symptoms went but I dwell on every single sensation in my body and I permanently seem to have something I am worrying about. I am terrified to take tablets for it because I am scared of any potential side effects and I have had 3 failed attempts at CBT, sadly I feel like this is just something I will have to live with forever.

I also have an incredible amount of anxiety over the future which I really feel like I need help dealing with, I am 35 years old and I am already freaking out on a very regular basis over things like dying on my own, getting a serious illness etc, it does take over my life but I don't know what to do about it.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »
I have had physical pain from anxiety and it is very common, I agree your first port of call when getting symptoms should always be to go to the doctor to rule out anything sinister but anxiety causes many, many symptoms. When I first started getting it I was getting chest pains, I was making myself cough, palpitations, ear problems, I ended up taking antibiotics, having my ears syringed all for no reason, it was all anxiety. I also got a huge rash all over my trunk which the doctor hadn't seen before which was triggered by me stressing and worrying, I was having trouble swallowing what with having anxiety dry mouth and that then made me lose my appetite, I was getting indigestion all the time, my periods stopped for a bit, I'm only saying this to show how anxiety can really affect practically everything in your body.

All this was 10 years ago and I haven't been right since mentally, all those symptoms went but I dwell on every single sensation in my body and I permanently seem to have something I am worrying about. I am terrified to take tablets for it because I am scared of any potential side effects and I have had 3 failed attempts at CBT, sadly I feel like this is just something I will have to live with forever.

I also have an incredible amount of anxiety over the future which I really feel like I need help dealing with, I am 35 years old and I am already freaking out on a very regular basis over things like dying on my own, getting a serious illness etc, it does take over my life but I don't know what to do about it.

I had similar issues, for the past year. They've come and gone, right now i'm ok but i'm not stupid enough to think they won't return, they might.
But i noticed i was shunning society, shunning interaction, i'd close myself off, in work or at home. I just struggled and still do to express myself around others.

I remember first posting in this thread. It was almost a last ditch attempt of reassurence. maybe i'm not going mad after all, and maybe there isn't anything that is making me ill, other than my mental state.

How are you socially? Do you see family and friends? Do you work?

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2014, 02:23:41 pm »
I have had palpitations, arm pain, chest pain, lightheadness, dizzyness, pins and needles in my fingers and hand, jaw pain, teeth pain.

Doc thinks its all anxiety !

Ive also had a 24hr monitor on my heart, ECG's and an echocardiogram. All came out fine !

I dont know what is wrong with me, i just do not feel myself anymore and i am now ultra aware of every sensation in my body.

Offline AnfieldCat

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2014, 11:01:19 pm »
I had similar issues, for the past year. They've come and gone, right now i'm ok but i'm not stupid enough to think they won't return, they might.
But i noticed i was shunning society, shunning interaction, i'd close myself off, in work or at home. I just struggled and still do to express myself around others.

I remember first posting in this thread. It was almost a last ditch attempt of reassurence. maybe i'm not going mad after all, and maybe there isn't anything that is making me ill, other than my mental state.

How are you socially? Do you see family and friends? Do you work?

No, I haven't worked since I got made redundant 2 years ago, the thought of starting a new job is terrifying, I live with my partner and see my immediate family regularly so I'm not completely shut off from the world although I don't really have a social life.

I have had palpitations, arm pain, chest pain, lightheadness, dizzyness, pins and needles in my fingers and hand, jaw pain, teeth pain.

Doc thinks its all anxiety !

Ive also had a 24hr monitor on my heart, ECG's and an echocardiogram. All came out fine !

I dont know what is wrong with me, i just do not feel myself anymore and i am now ultra aware of every sensation in my body.

Everything you mentioned is an anxiety symptom and I have had nearly all of them, its shit isn't it, your last line about being aware of every sensation could have been written by me, any twinge sets me off, I think headaches are sinister, if I get a face twitch I'm having a stroke, its never ending, I once read somewhere that the average human gets so many odd sensations or pains a day but normally people just think nothing of them whereas we obsess and turn them into a big deal.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2014, 09:26:07 pm »
Went back to see my doctor after taking the meds for 2 weeks and we both agree that they are doing a great job! I'm sleeping better and feel better, I'm having the odd bout of anxiety but not nearly as bad.

Well I say that, I started to do some exercise before because I've been scared to do any for fear of dropping dead and I was fine but about 2 hours later I had 2 skipped/extra beats. Now I have obviously puit 2+2 together and thought the exercise has caused these beats completely disregarding that I had exercised 2 hours earlier and that was probably not the cause of it.

Anxiety almost won that little fight but I managed to calm myself a bit. We'll call it a draw.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2014, 10:06:35 pm »
The wife suffers from anxiety on a regular basis. Took the doctors the best part of 7 years to properly diagnose and treat it, during which time she had regularly been to hell and back, taking me along as a passenger. After all sorts of treatments she has taken well to a daily Citalopram and then Propranolol as and when she feels anxious. Not a compete cure, but she's a different woman these days.

My experience of helping Toni has opened my eyes to what anxiety can do to a person. It has also brought us closer together. I guess my message is that there is hopefully a way for most people who suffer this to be able to live as normal a life as possible, whatever that may be, so long as their friends and family support them.

Offline AnfieldCat

• Kopite
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2014, 11:09:14 am »
The wife suffers from anxiety on a regular basis. Took the doctors the best part of 7 years to properly diagnose and treat it, during which time she had regularly been to hell and back, taking me along as a passenger. After all sorts of treatments she has taken well to a daily Citalopram and then Propranolol as and when she feels anxious. Not a compete cure, but she's a different woman these days.

My experience of helping Toni has opened my eyes to what anxiety can do to a person. It has also brought us closer together. I guess my message is that there is hopefully a way for most people who suffer this to be able to live as normal a life as possible, whatever that may be, so long as their friends and family support them.

That's really good to hear, I really wish I dared go on anxiety medication, the long list of side effects terrifies me and I literally would not dare swallow one. I have been prescribed Propranolol before but I only dared take one, the minute I swallowed it I got a huge panic attack as I was scared of what it would do to me and then I spent the next couple of hours petrified.

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2014, 11:41:45 am »
Ive got propranolol the 10mg tablets now. At first the doc gave me the 80mg ones and fuck me my heart went down to about 35 beats a minute and it made me feel like i was in slow motion.

he quickly realised that was too much and put me on the 10mg and said take it when needed.

ive only taken 3 and it didnt really affect me.

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2014, 03:42:40 pm »
I suffer constant anxiety due to being on the Autistic Spectrum; they used to call it Aspergers - not assbugers before some smartarse posts cartman!  ;) - and recognise a lot of the symptoms described above. I'm not for one second suggesting anybody else is on the spectrum, I wouldn't presume that, but you often find that 'Aspies' and 'Auties' are affected by Social anxiety. I only got the proper diagnosis a year ago having been shoved from pillar to post for decades with the incorrect diagnosis of BPD. It put pay to me going to the match when I just stopped being able to cope with that many people all in one place. Still can't face it to this day. I take Citalopram for the anxiety and it does take the edge off a little but doesn't stop my head. Spookily enough just this morning I read an article which suggests that some autistic people's brains are firing for 42% more of the time than 'normal' - hate that word. So even when I try and rest, my noggin is always going 20 to the dozen.

I tried to post a cartoon, but couldn't make it work. It was a person in bed wide awake saying, "I wish I could sleep but my stupid ADHD kicks in and well basically, one sheep two sheep,cow, turtle, duck, Old McDonald had a farm, Hey Macarena!" I get that all the time. There is another cartoon on "Dude I'm an Aspie" where the boss is saying, "Now this is vitally important that you listen to this..." and the Aspie is thinking, "You smell of pepperoni!" I get that because there is always something else to be worrying about! Luckily my boss understands that there are some occasions where I just have to close down for a bit and process what is going on. She usually makes me do some tedious paperwork stuff which allows me to focus on something. My version of where's Wally or video games I suppose. I tried games and did that Dead Space game but it was so bloody tense and creepy I nearly passed out! ::)

Finding a calm and peaceful spot where you can feel safe and comfortable is really important and whilst there is nothing I can do about my ASD, it is just how I am, I have gained from having CBT which made me try and learn to think about some stuff in a different way. It helped actually.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2014, 03:45:21 pm »
Condolences mate, but it looks like you have people around you who understand what you are going through. Which is always helpful.

My only dealings with Aspergers is from watching Boston Legal. I don't know if that is an accurate portrayal though.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2014, 05:19:24 pm »
I suffer constant anxiety due to being on the Autistic Spectrum; they used to call it Aspergers - not assbugers before some smartarse posts cartman!  ;) - and recognise a lot of the symptoms described above. I'm not for one second suggesting anybody else is on the spectrum, I wouldn't presume that, but you often find that 'Aspies' and 'Auties' are affected by Social anxiety. I only got the proper diagnosis a year ago having been shoved from pillar to post for decades with the incorrect diagnosis of BPD. It put pay to me going to the match when I just stopped being able to cope with that many people all in one place. Still can't face it to this day. I take Citalopram for the anxiety and it does take the edge off a little but doesn't stop my head. Spookily enough just this morning I read an article which suggests that some autistic people's brains are firing for 42% more of the time than 'normal' - hate that word. So even when I try and rest, my noggin is always going 20 to the dozen.

I tried to post a cartoon, but couldn't make it work. It was a person in bed wide awake saying, "I wish I could sleep but my stupid ADHD kicks in and well basically, one sheep two sheep,cow, turtle, duck, Old McDonald had a farm, Hey Macarena!" I get that all the time. There is another cartoon on "Dude I'm an Aspie" where the boss is saying, "Now this is vitally important that you listen to this..." and the Aspie is thinking, "You smell of pepperoni!" I get that because there is always something else to be worrying about! Luckily my boss understands that there are some occasions where I just have to close down for a bit and process what is going on. She usually makes me do some tedious paperwork stuff which allows me to focus on something. My version of where's Wally or video games I suppose. I tried games and did that Dead Space game but it was so bloody tense and creepy I nearly passed out! ::)

Finding a calm and peaceful spot where you can feel safe and comfortable is really important and whilst there is nothing I can do about my ASD, it is just how I am, I have gained from having CBT which made me try and learn to think about some stuff in a different way. It helped actually.

I can't say anything which is very helpful I guess, but I did want you to know that there are people out here who understand that this is nothing shameful and nothing to be flippant or joking about. I worked with autistic kids for a while when I was a senior in high school and volunteered again for their camp that summer. Every day we worked so hard to help them make progress, and they would, all day. But then the next morning when they came back in, they were right back to where they started the previous morning. It was really heartbreaking, but it didn't stop us for one minute trying to help them and giving them all the love we could. There are people who work with the kids (and adults) every day and they are real heroes to me, because I was far too sensitive to last long - it got to me too deeply, and that was down to my own weakness. That was a long time ago and I think doctors have made a lot of great strides in treatment.

Anyway mate, I know your situation is different than this, that Aspergers is on a different place on the scale. I just want you to know there are plenty of us out here for you. YNWA
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2014, 06:53:31 pm »
Thank you for your posts and I am lucky in that I can pass most of the time in the 'real world' environment. I usually come across as a bit eccentric but can also be seen as a bolshy get. The problem is I don't always understand the unwritten rules and can find myself locking horns with authority figures and not "showing enough respect". I have learned the hard way that apparently you shouldn't call somebody stupid even if they are!  It is bloody exhausting though. There is a lot more understanding of the impact of ASD these days and there are some great schools and centres doing amazing work with children and young people which gives me hope for their futures. I appreciate the thought Chakan but really condolences aren't necessary, and I hope that doesn't come across wrong or I am being rude, genuinely. It's just that I, and people like me, have a different set of wiring than most. I think it can be really useful sometimes; a square peg in a round hole fits very nicely in the four corners, you just have to work out what those corners are. Some round pegs in round holes are bloody useless.

I am very lucky in that my other 3/4 is just the most amazing woman and she understands that sometimes I get an idea into my head and it won't go until I've finished. She does put up with a lot; apparently you can't buy a woman a laminating machine for Valentines Day - even if they have said they want one! :o Flowers die but a laminator is for life!

You will potentially know quite a few people on the spectrum and just not realise it, some people never get a diagnosis and just crack on. I wanted to find out for sure as it helped me to understand the anxiety and depression that often goes with it. There are a lot of TV characters these days, Jerry from Boston Legal was a bit of an extreme, like Sheldon Cooper in Big Bang Theory. House, although it was only ever suggested, is a good example of one end of the spectrum too. That said, he can be a really poor example too as he is deliberately rude a lot of the time rather than not understanding the consequences of his actions or words.

I would be quite happy being on an island with my partner and the dog, soon to be dogs, but the one thing I would miss is LFC. Some people have no idea what it is like to feel part of something special as they take it for granted - it is the only time in my life that I have - and be able to feel the same things as complete stangers from across the world. The phrase YNWA is so much more than just a saying or words from an old movie, to me it has always been a lifeline. It symbolises the fact that people we may never know could be there for each other because of this thing we share. I have always found a sense of belonging where I could sit and talk comfortably with anybody about our club and that means that I have something in common with millions of people. That is a bloody good feeling. ;D
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2014, 11:24:20 pm »
Top post that mate, great outlook on life you have there  :wave I too have only had experience with it from a TV show (Parenthood), which I'm let to believe is quite accurate in its portrayal and goes into depth at times. 

Went to see the doctor a couple of weeks ago as I had a bit of meltdown, was worrying about things left right and center and it all came to a head.  He diagnosed me with anxiety and depression, though I think it's more anxiety and has referred me to counselling so I'll see where that leads. 

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2014, 08:43:06 am »
Top post that mate, great outlook on life you have there  :wave I too have only had experience with it from a TV show (Parenthood), which I'm let to believe is quite accurate in its portrayal and goes into depth at times. 

Went to see the doctor a couple of weeks ago as I had a bit of meltdown, was worrying about things left right and center and it all came to a head.  He diagnosed me with anxiety and depression, though I think it's more anxiety and has referred me to counselling so I'll see where that leads. 

I must be honest and I haven't heard of that show, but I googled it and Max is an example of what is termed "High functioning" which is predominantly the case with Aspies and which I guess I fall into myself - but I really don't like that phrase as the opposite of that is such a crappy thing to label a child, young person or an adult. Everybody is different and we all have our strengths and weaknesses, and hopefully the more exposure the subject gets the better. It isn't so much a condition, it's just a different way of being. It's sort of like standing right in front of the TV to get the 'best view' but then taking 3 steps to the left. You still see the picture, but it looks a bit different from the other view; most people are in front, I'm a bit off to the side is all. It means I like structure and get agitated when it doesn't happen the way it should. As you can imagine, that can be a problem as life is rarely that simple.

That is one theory why some children withdraw into themselves; it is called the 'Intense World Theory'. Not everybody agrees about it, but I think there is something in it. Everything is just too much - too loud, too bright, too confusing, too scary, too alien - so the person simply withdraws as it is easier to cope that way. That is their place where they are safe and secure, often with a special interest (which could be seen by others as an obsession) some common ones in kids are dinosaurs, space or vehicles, but usually a specific type like a tractor or fire engine. When they focus on that everything becomes calm and safe and what child doesn't want that?

I hope you get some help K34 and indeed everybody else above, and it works for you. I am sick of people who have never had any type of anxiety saying "its all in your head!". Well yes it is, but its also in my chest, down my left arm - which scares the shit out of you - in my shoulders, in my lower back from sitting hunched up, in my guts which churn, it's in my sleep pattern which goes all to cock. It may be in my head but I don't need it pointing out. Anxiety is a horrible shitty thing but hopefully there are answers out there for people. The only thing you can do is to be honest with the counsellor and not care what other people think; if somebody genuinely wants to help then take it if you think it will. If it is medication, then take it until such time as you get back on an even keel and then have another look at your situation then. I had a horrible chest infection in December and I didn't hesitate to take the antibiotics that cleared it up. I look at the Citalopram in the same way. 

I hope I haven't hijacked the thread and killed it, I guess I just have more of an understanding of where my anxiety comes from and lets face it, at 51 I've had enough time to learn about it.

Boocoo dinky dau

Offline spanishscouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2014, 03:21:22 pm »
I'm almost twenty one and have had it for two and a half years. It is definitely rooted in fear, I'm not the leanest body type and a smoker so every night for about 6 months I thought I was having a heart attack. Was prescribed pills but only took them when I had very bad insomnia, a pack lasted me about 6 months. I don't like pills and they are basically antidepressants and they have a bad rep so I fight it alone. I have great days but others are horrible. My main problem is dwelling on every single little pain my body has and a constant feeling of tiredness/lethargy. Its a bugger, but I do control it better now even though it never goes away, it's just learning to deal with it really. Also the best advice I ever received was to keep yourself out of unconfortable situations, I know it's not easy but it helps me.

Ps: just read the first posts talking about weed and alcohol. I stopped taking both (never drank much but was a big weed smoker), also coffee and energy drinks and it has helped a lot. I should cut the fags out also because they don't help at all, but thats another mountain to climb: my anxiety gets horrible when I crave tobacco.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:29:00 pm by spanishscouse »

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2014, 08:40:35 am »
The Chimp Paradox book by Steve Peters is worth a read. I know it isn't specifically aimed at anxiety and depression but it has an interesting way of looking at things which makes a great deal of sense. I do wonder how many of our squad have been to speak with him on his day a week at the club. I named my chimp Charlie.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Seagull Dave

• Main Stander
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2014, 10:21:01 pm »
does anyone find they seem to get bouts of anxiety during certain times of the year? Mine defiantly seems to flair up around febuary/march/april time. Been having a tough time recently with a few different things and i think all the stress has basically taken its toll on me and its pissing me off as it affects my daily life and even at work

when im like this i literally cant relax and my mind goes into overtime and i cant think of anything except the pending doom and all the symptoms i get and what they could be etc.

Have an appointment with the doctor on thursday but i feel i always get palmed off just tells me to relax etc but as you know its not that easy.

How is everyone else doing at the moment?
JFT96 Dont Buy The Sun

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #137 on: March 24, 2014, 02:51:17 am »
Don't know about certain times of the year but mine happen at certain times of the day. Night time mostly. Like tonight. Stopped my tablets about a week or so ago and ta-da. Back like a twat.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Neophyte

• Boys Pen
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2014, 05:21:36 am »
Had my first panic attack 8 years ago and have ever since been dealing with them and anxiety. I believe that I am fully addicted to the medication now , almost managed to get rid of it, but moved to the U.S for grad school and boom panic attacks were back. It really is a bummer knowing that I will probably spend the rest of my life taking them. I guess the trick is just getting used to it, and dealing with the anxiety as it starts building up.

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2014, 02:51:48 pm »
still havent had the results back from the heart scan i had ( been over a month ) but im assuming that means im ok.

Which means that it is all in my head.

I actually think its worse to think that everthing im feeling is anxiety because i honestly dont see how i cant stop it.

im not aware that these attacks are coming and i feel like shit virtually everyday. There doesnt seem to be any trigger ????

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2014, 03:43:38 pm »
still havent had the results back from the heart scan i had ( been over a month ) but im assuming that means im ok.

Which means that it is all in my head.

I actually think its worse to think that everthing im feeling is anxiety because i honestly dont see how i cant stop it.

im not aware that these attacks are coming and i feel like shit virtually everyday. There doesnt seem to be any trigger ????

Went through a few years on not being able to identify triggers, it's an absolute nightmare, sorry to hear about it.

The little bit of counseling I did did confirm what variances of triggers could cause it, and the body's reaction to those triggers. Not helped me much, but am able to manage my response to an extent.
"OH! What a dog's hole is Manchester"
- Sir John Byng

Offline Seagull Dave

• Main Stander
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:32 pm »
Well i bit the bullet and went the doctors today and i seen a new doctor who id never seen before. Unlike other doctors i felt she actually listened to what i had to say and understood me whereas i have never felt satisfied coming out of the doctors before i kind of had a spring in my step today

She basically explained everything to me and asked me about my life and about stuff thats happened recently and shes put it down to stress basically in the last 6 months Ive had a bad foot injury where i almost lost my foot and from that i got a blood clot in my calf which broke off and went into my lung and i was in hospital..(strangely during that time i was never anxious i took it all in my stride) my mum then got taken into hospital after having a heart attack (shes fine now thankfully). I then had a car crash where some women has wrote my car off and basically trying to blame me so ive been dealing with that and also my missus had a breast cancer scare all within a 6 month period in which i have basically bottled it all up and stressed out over it all which has made my anxiety rear its ugly head again i have beat this so many times before so i know i can do it again but it seems every year i have 2 bad months i beat it and the rest of the year i can be fine

Ive been prescribed propranolol 80mg slow release and 10mg normal propranolol to help me along has anyone else had these?

Shes also refering me to CBT and Physhiotherapy as my back and neck are so tense from all the worrying and stress.

Ive been feeling much more positive the last few days but decided to go to my appointment anyway and im glad i did.
JFT96 Dont Buy The Sun

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: April 2, 2014, 11:54:22 am »
i got the 80 pro ones but they were too strong for me and made my heart drop to avout 45 beats a min.

Ended up getting the 10s then. To be honest ive only taken 3.

i have managed to control my palpitations myself now, i dont react with panic when i start to have an episode anymore and as a result my heart doesnt go beserk !

Offline Seagull Dave

• Main Stander
« Reply #143 on: April 6, 2014, 11:07:27 pm »
Yeah i decided i didnt want to rely on tablets to control mine i have taken a few 10mgs tablets when im bad but i dont really get palpitations mine is more neurological symptoms (twitching eye, tingling face & lips & visual disturbances such as floaters and flashes etc)

They seem to take the edge off and calm me down a little but but they cant change your thoughts and thats my main problem
JFT96 Dont Buy The Sun

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #144 on: April 7, 2014, 10:32:13 am »
Jesus. I had a terrible night. I was delirious the whole time, you know, when you go to bed and start feeling hot and then cold, there is a weird song stuck in your head, you have weird dreams that wake you up every 20 minutes, and imagine bizarre things that leave you disturbed as fuck. It's impossible to explain the things that were in your mind afterwards.

I was recently diagnosed with OCD. I have always have nights like that and I think it's due to anxiety and idleness. Wouldn't wish that on anyone, it's bloody awful. Sleeping has always been a problem for me - much more so when I'm anxious for some stupid reason.

I really need to cut down on the time I spend on the computer. Makes it all worse.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2014, 01:57:44 am »
I've just had had one of the worst nights I've of my life. Liverpool lose so I went and got smashes. Woke up with a lump on my head, lost debit card and I woke up in the a hospital. I can't drink any more. Not after this.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2014, 04:04:58 am »
I've just had had one of the worst nights I've of my life. Liverpool lose so I went and got smashes. Woke up with a lump on my head, lost debit card and I woke up in the a hospital. I can't drink any more. Not after this.

Are you okay generally though mate? I mean no serious injury etc? If you need to talk I'm up so you can PM if you wish.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2014, 09:50:28 am »
I'm quitting my meds because of the side effects and going into therapy instead. I've never ever been called in by my doctor for a chat to see where I'm at after renewing my prescription. What does that tell you?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2014, 10:26:43 am »
Are you okay generally though mate? I mean no serious injury etc? If you need to talk I'm up so you can PM if you wish.
No. generally I'm fine, all I've got is that lump on my head after falling and hitting my head on a pavement but the worst thing is just the feeling of being in that state. I cannot believe I did that to myself.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2014, 02:19:31 pm »
I'm quitting my meds because of the side effects and going into therapy instead. I've never ever been called in by my doctor for a chat to see where I'm at after renewing my prescription. What does that tell you?

No problem - just don't go cold turkey on them.  :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #150 on: April 28, 2014, 08:17:14 pm »
No problem - just don't go cold turkey on them.  :)

This is exactly what I've done (not been taking my meds for three days) and I now feel like shit. Nausea, palpitations, tightness in the chest, dizzyness, thinking im gonna drop dead any minute....basically - the panic attacks are back in fucking no time :(

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 1, 2014, 01:18:38 pm »
Sorry to hear that Evie, Hope this doesn't come across as being a bit preachy or giving you orders, just maybe have a think about it.

I know you don't want to take the meds, but would it be worth going back on them for a short time to stabilise and then speak with the quack to do a planned withdrawal from them? I tried stopping my meds straight away and after about 4 days I ended up locked in my room headbutting the wall. Not the best of times.

It's like having one of those patches for stopping cigarettes, your body needs a bit of it and weaning yourself off is going to be the most successful.  You could maybe look at alternative tabs that may have less side effects and also maybe look at some talking therapies? Despite being on the autistic spectrum, I have found that some of the CBT stuff can be really useful in the short term which allows you to try and get your stuff together and fight it in the long term. I won't be able to change my brain, it was just wired like a Friday afternoon Ford  :) but the coping with daily life can be made easier by learning new ways to look at it.

Hope you get back on an even keel soon matey.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #152 on: May 1, 2014, 09:38:55 pm »
Just had a pretty severe panic attack while out for a meal with my family. The worst I've had in a while. I forgot how genuinely terrifying they are, I've had little ones and stuff but a full blown one like that really set me back.

Offline evie

• Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #153 on: May 1, 2014, 11:05:17 pm »
Sorry to hear that Evie, Hope this doesn't come across as being a bit preachy or giving you orders, just maybe have a think about it.

I know you don't want to take the meds, but would it be worth going back on them for a short time to stabilise and then speak with the quack to do a planned withdrawal from them? I tried stopping my meds straight away and after about 4 days I ended up locked in my room headbutting the wall. Not the best of times.

It's like having one of those patches for stopping cigarettes, your body needs a bit of it and weaning yourself off is going to be the most successful.  You could maybe look at alternative tabs that may have less side effects and also maybe look at some talking therapies? Despite being on the autistic spectrum, I have found that some of the CBT stuff can be really useful in the short term which allows you to try and get your stuff together and fight it in the long term. I won't be able to change my brain, it was just wired like a Friday afternoon Ford  :) but the coping with daily life can be made easier by learning new ways to look at it.

Hope you get back on an even keel soon matey.

Ha, trust me, after three days of feeling absolutely shit I went back on them and surprisingly enough I felt better again almost immediately (maybe because I wasn't without them for that long) except for a bit of nausea but I can take that :)

I don't see it as preaching at all :) I knew I shouldnt have gone off the meds but I honestly didnt think it was gonna be so bad I couldn't go to work.

Appreciate you posting your own experiences. Always makes one feel less lonely :wave

Offline evie

• Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #154 on: May 1, 2014, 11:08:06 pm »
Just had a pretty severe panic attack while out for a meal with my family. The worst I've had in a while. I forgot how genuinely terrifying they are, I've had little ones and stuff but a full blown one like that really set me back.

I reaaaaaally know how you feel. Do you get these feelings of doom that I do? I mean, I literally think I'm going to drop dead any second mostly because of the symtoms from the heartregion.

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #155 on: May 2, 2014, 10:22:53 am »
Im going back the docs next week.

Ive had all the heart tests under the sun now, ecg, holter, echo, ct scan.

all perfect.

However i still get fucking mad pains out of the blue when im not stressed or feel anxious.

I constantly feel fucked and i mean like i have a hangover every day. by the time it gets to 11am in work i am fighting to stay awake i feel so fucked.

I also keep getting aches in my teeth, its all burning my head out.

im either seriously fucking ill or have mental issues.

i just cant see it being anxiety though, ive never suffered with anxiety or been a stress head or things like that so for the doc to say oh its just anxiety i find bizzare. There are no triggers to the way i feel, i get this heavy feeling in my head thats last for hours and it feels like i just need to go to sleep.

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 2, 2014, 02:22:40 pm »
This is my first time posting on here but writing things down is cathartic, so please forgive the rant. I feel a bit selfish as I have not contributed to this page before, or offered any help, but here goes.

2014 has been a hell of a year, I'm only 31, but spent the last two years working myself into a near nervous breakdown. I'm currently having CBT due to severe anxiety, before the sessions started I was scored 21 out of 21 for anxiety and 15 out of 21 for depression (linked to the awful feeling of constant anxiety.

I have a well paid job in the City, but it's taken it's toll, combined with money issues, two children under 4, my daughter having a very bad bout of pneumonia a couple of months ago, our house being broken into and burgled and now the Dr's thinking my fiancee has a brain tumour I am in anxiety hell and today I am suffering so terribly, today has been one long panic attack without abating. On top of these background stresses, we moved house last weekend and today I leave my job in the city to work at a local firm near where I live. I know moving house and job are the correct things to do, but it has compounded my stress and anxiety horribly.

I don't know what else to say, but I hate feeling like this, the CBT was going so well, but this is the worst day I have had in months.

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #157 on: May 2, 2014, 02:43:01 pm »
When you say you feel terribel what are you feeling  ?

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 2, 2014, 03:12:29 pm »
When you say you feel terribel what are you feeling  ?

Mentally, very highly strung, very edgy and emotional, physically, nauseous and aching muscles.

Offline foreverred1983

• Kopite
« Reply #159 on: May 2, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »
Mentally, very highly strung, very edgy and emotional, physically, nauseous and aching muscles.

Know the feeling, have felt like shit the last few weeks. Had to take a week off work.

Has anyone here tried mindfulness for an extended period of time?
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood...