Author Topic: Manchester United v The Reds: Match Preview 24/10/2021  (Read 39005 times)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Manchester United v The Reds: Match Preview 24/10/2021
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2021, 11:55:40 am »
Maybe we just score more goals than them.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2021, 12:00:45 pm »
Fair few individuals had a stinker last night although the result was great. Centre back and midfield big decisions to be made.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2021, 12:01:24 pm »
They're gonna be looking to hit us with what seems to be everyones tactic against us now, beat the high line with a quick forward running in behind and have the likes of Fernandes float the ball in behind.

We still press well high up the field but it seems to drop off early on in a few games which only works against certain sides.

Pogba and Ronaldo aren't going to press intensely which leaves gaps in their side, it's 50/50 whether Fernandes will bother to press and even if he will, sometimes he presses alone so just opens up gaps in his own side if his press proves unsuccessful. Leicester used the counterpress against them and they couldn't live with it, they pressed in numbers high up and utds players repeatedly shit the bed.

Expect Rashford trying to cut in from the left up against Trent.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2021, 12:20:43 pm »
Maybe we just score more goals than them.
And they'll try to to stop us from scoring more goals than them...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2021, 12:23:44 pm »

Sneaky bastards.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2021, 12:38:13 pm »
I had/have a few concerns about the side in general, last night went a little way to easing one of those concerns - getting the first win against a top, top side. The Chelsea and City games at home still leave a bad taste for me, they still feel like missed opportunities, and after the shenanigans against Milan, I was a bit concerned going into last night's game that we needed at least one big win against a big side before going to Old Trafford on Sunday. If we rank our League/CL opponents in terms of difficulty of fixtures (given their current situations), we have hammered the lesser teams and struggled in the more difficult games.

Norwich W 0-3
Watford W 0-5
Burnley W 2-0
Crystal Palace W 3-0
Leeds W 0-3
Brentford D 3-3
Porto W 1-5
AC Milan W 3-2
Chelsea D 1-1
Atletico W 2-3
Man City D 2-2

The obvious upside is that we are unbeaten and look very hard to beat. Which wasn't really the case last season but we know the reasons for that. I said after the Watford game that we all felt last season was an anomaly but it feels confirmed now. The players know it too and are playing like they want to prove it every week. The hunger is back and there is a feeling that these lads know what is required to go to the distance and are going to put themselves through it to achieve it.

The concerns in those bigger games have been defence/midfield issues. The balance doesn't 100% look right at times - that was evident last night with the Henderson/Milner/Keita partnership - we left holes all over and it was hard to get tight to some of them. They were poor goals to concede but even the build up to the goals we didn't manage the situations well enough. The first one comes from a corner but in the build up they had a long throw which they won the first ball, Matip headed it away and it fell to Griezmann at the edge of the box and he was free as a bird to play a ball to the back post which Trent did brilliantly to put behind for the corner. We know Naby is beaten too easily and again they have far too much time and space in the box. The lack of aggression for the second goal was disappointing too. The left back was able to carry it and play it into Joao Felix where he was surrounded by our players - Naby had a bit of a go but it all felt a bit half-hearted from those around him and then Griezmann does brilliantly to set the chance up and finish. 

There were other chances for them too where Ali pulled out some great saves. The gap between the defence and midfield at times looked far too wide - they hit a couple of long balls and were able to get 1v1 almost with a defender. The Griezmann chance came from a similar situation, though I think Mane was fouled in the build up but the midfield was bypassed completely and he was through. From the save, they kept control of the ball and were able to maneuver themselves into a position where they could put a ball into the box. At one other stage Carrasco was able to play an easy one two into the box and forced Ali to make another save. We were just so sluggish at times.

All this can be caveated by the fact they are a really, really good side but having been 0-2 up, I do think we made life hard for ourselves and part of that was the midfield balance and putting a bit more aggression into our press. The second half when Fabinho came on and then AOC, we looked a lot better. I think the sending off helped a little but there was definitely more urgency in our press and we got back some of that early control we had.

In the Chelsea game, Mount had a chance where they strolled through our midfield and Lukaku did some great #9 work holding the ball up and Mount got played in which Robbo nearly turned into his own goal. Foden's goal at Anfield came from Mahrez having a wander without anyone putting one on him. The De Bruyne goal - someone arrives in the box onto a Foden pass and mishits it or it gets cleared and it falls to KDB with all the time in the world to get a good connection on it. Are these things to worry about? It's just little patterns that are starting to emerge in these big games. United are littered with individuals who are more likely to want to carry the ball and have a shot - Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood, Rashford, Ronaldo - than play intricate football. We need to be better in those situations.

I would just like us to comfortably see out a big game and I really hope Sunday is that game. I am not sure where United fall into that list above - maybe either side of Milan? But Solskjaer's back is firmly against the wall and it will be interesting to see how he approaches the game. I think he will revert to being solid and having pace on the wings - two of McTominay/Fred/Matic with Fernandes, then Rashford and Greenwood wide and probably Ronaldo upfront. I don't think he can go with Pogba, Fernandes and Ronaldo in the same side - there isn't enough workrate there. And Rashford and Greenwood have pace and a goal each from last weekend, so I think it makes sense. Cavani is likely to run more and work more but they aren't really a pressing team - we know ourselves that to implement a pressing game you need the whole team to be in sync, it's not just someone running quickly to the ball trying to close an opponent down - United aren't sophisticated enough to do that. One of them - maybe a Sancho or Rashford - might go, but you can't trust a Pogba, Ronaldo or Fernandes to be implementing the next step.

But they have individual quality. And I think he will be wanting to keep the game as solid as he can and hope the individuals dig him out of a hole.

But for all my concern above - we are an excellent, excellent side. It is disappointing to drop points at home to Chelsea and City, but they weren't losses and they are the two best teams we will face this year. I think we know there are about 13 teams in this League that we will be so confident facing home and away and taking all of the points. We know the bulk our of points tally this season is going to be against those sides outside top 3-4 if we keep operating at this level. It is what we can do in these big games that will take us to where we need to be and one of those is Sunday. This is a really, really good opportunity to go there with a full strength team and win. They are in a bad moment, they look primed for change and you feel a loss on Sunday would go some way to them pulling the trigger on Solskjaer. I think they are concerned that they have the best group of players they have had for some time, and will want someone to get a tune out of them before Ronaldo declines, before Fernandes gets itchy feet, before Pogba leaves etc... I personally don't think their squad is anywhere near good enough to win a League title but there are definitely talented individuals there. The pressure is on them. I hope we turn up and put in a top performance. I think even an 8/10 Liverpool performance here could see us win it but I want 10/10 and for us to stick the boot in. We look so fluid and confident going forward, if we can apply ourselves then we can get goals against these. The defence and midfield will need to be better.

I think the team picks itself aside from one midfield spot. I don't know if Naby gets another chance, but I wouldn't be adverse to seeing AOC for his energy and his ability to drive through the middle of teams. Get as many people running and Maguire and Matic/McTominay/Fred as we can. It's a shame Tiago, Elliot and Jones aren't available. Milner has started two in a row now, I think? So I don't know if he goes again and to be honest, I think I would rather see AOC/Jones (if fit) for their ability to carry the ball and be direct. Maybe Naby does get another run out but being hooked at HT yesterday would suggest not, unless he trusts Fabinho to re-instate the balance? Not sure at all.

I think next to no chance we go all out and drop Jota in too.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2021, 12:38:27 pm »
The other downside to this fixture is Tyler, Neville AND Carragher on commentary. Just two of them is bad enough.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2021, 12:38:55 pm »
The time has come to sack him and for them to go into transition again- as sad as this will be. 0-3 Virg (corner), Bob (tap in), Mo (pace goal)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2021, 12:48:10 pm »

The question is whether they’re capable of that at the moment.

We might not be as tight in defence or midfield as we’d like right now, but we’re scoring for fun and their defence is atrocious, far worse than ours.

I’m sure Klopp is working on fixing our problem areas, I know he won’t be complacent, but even if we play the same as we did last night, we should be better than this rabble.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2021, 12:48:50 pm »
The other downside to this fixture is Tyler, Neville AND Carragher on commentary. Just two of them is bad enough.

Neville shouldn’t be commentating on United v Liverpool matches, it’s absolutely horrendous listening to him and makes me want to punch the screen every time.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2021, 01:02:48 pm »
The time has come to sack him and for them to go into transition again- as sad as this will be. 0-3 Virg (corner), Bob (tap in), Mo (pace goal)

Pretty sure none of those actually count in the "real" table though, no?

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2021, 01:34:06 pm »
90+1

The away fans can now be heard loudly in the corner singing ‘sacked in the morning’.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2021, 01:38:01 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Great op thanks Yorky and great insightful post thanks Clara.
Logically this will be a breeze, they are just not good enough or work hard enough and last night will be good preparation for Sunday.
Individual brilliance from their front players and biased refereeing are the only two major risks to us.
Agree Thiago or Curtis replace Naby.
I think we win by three clear.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2021, 01:47:44 pm »
A HUGE match for them and their manager.  No way are they going all out attack.  We'll win but by one goal.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2021, 02:05:08 pm »
I had/have a few concerns about the side in general, last night went a little way to easing one of those concerns - getting the first win against a top, top side. The Chelsea and City games at home still leave a bad taste for me, they still feel like missed opportunities, and after the shenanigans against Milan, I was a bit concerned going into last night's game that we needed at least one big win against a big side before going to Old Trafford on Sunday. If we rank our League/CL opponents in terms of difficulty of fixtures (given their current situations), we have hammered the lesser teams and struggled in the more difficult games.

Norwich W 0-3
Watford W 0-5
Burnley W 2-0
Crystal Palace W 3-0
Leeds W 0-3
Brentford D 3-3
Porto W 1-5
AC Milan W 3-2
Chelsea D 1-1
Atletico W 2-3
Man City D 2-2

The obvious upside is that we are unbeaten and look very hard to beat. Which wasn't really the case last season but we know the reasons for that. I said after the Watford game that we all felt last season was an anomaly but it feels confirmed now. The players know it too and are playing like they want to prove it every week. The hunger is back and there is a feeling that these lads know what is required to go to the distance and are going to put themselves through it to achieve it.

The concerns in those bigger games have been defence/midfield issues. The balance doesn't 100% look right at times - that was evident last night with the Henderson/Milner/Keita partnership - we left holes all over and it was hard to get tight to some of them. They were poor goals to concede but even the build up to the goals we didn't manage the situations well enough. The first one comes from a corner but in the build up they had a long throw which they won the first ball, Matip headed it away and it fell to Griezmann at the edge of the box and he was free as a bird to play a ball to the back post which Trent did brilliantly to put behind for the corner. We know Naby is beaten too easily and again they have far too much time and space in the box. The lack of aggression for the second goal was disappointing too. The left back was able to carry it and play it into Joao Felix where he was surrounded by our players - Naby had a bit of a go but it all felt a bit half-hearted from those around him and then Griezmann does brilliantly to set the chance up and finish. 

There were other chances for them too where Ali pulled out some great saves. The gap between the defence and midfield at times looked far too wide - they hit a couple of long balls and were able to get 1v1 almost with a defender. The Griezmann chance came from a similar situation, though I think Mane was fouled in the build up but the midfield was bypassed completely and he was through. From the save, they kept control of the ball and were able to maneuver themselves into a position where they could put a ball into the box. At one other stage Carrasco was able to play an easy one two into the box and forced Ali to make another save. We were just so sluggish at times.

All this can be caveated by the fact they are a really, really good side but having been 0-2 up, I do think we made life hard for ourselves and part of that was the midfield balance and putting a bit more aggression into our press. The second half when Fabinho came on and then AOC, we looked a lot better. I think the sending off helped a little but there was definitely more urgency in our press and we got back some of that early control we had.

In the Chelsea game, Mount had a chance where they strolled through our midfield and Lukaku did some great #9 work holding the ball up and Mount got played in which Robbo nearly turned into his own goal. Foden's goal at Anfield came from Mahrez having a wander without anyone putting one on him. The De Bruyne goal - someone arrives in the box onto a Foden pass and mishits it or it gets cleared and it falls to KDB with all the time in the world to get a good connection on it. Are these things to worry about? It's just little patterns that are starting to emerge in these big games. United are littered with individuals who are more likely to want to carry the ball and have a shot - Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood, Rashford, Ronaldo - than play intricate football. We need to be better in those situations.

I would just like us to comfortably see out a big game and I really hope Sunday is that game. I am not sure where United fall into that list above - maybe either side of Milan? But Solskjaer's back is firmly against the wall and it will be interesting to see how he approaches the game. I think he will revert to being solid and having pace on the wings - two of McTominay/Fred/Matic with Fernandes, then Rashford and Greenwood wide and probably Ronaldo upfront. I don't think he can go with Pogba, Fernandes and Ronaldo in the same side - there isn't enough workrate there. And Rashford and Greenwood have pace and a goal each from last weekend, so I think it makes sense. Cavani is likely to run more and work more but they aren't really a pressing team - we know ourselves that to implement a pressing game you need the whole team to be in sync, it's not just someone running quickly to the ball trying to close an opponent down - United aren't sophisticated enough to do that. One of them - maybe a Sancho or Rashford - might go, but you can't trust a Pogba, Ronaldo or Fernandes to be implementing the next step.

But they have individual quality. And I think he will be wanting to keep the game as solid as he can and hope the individuals dig him out of a hole.

But for all my concern above - we are an excellent, excellent side. It is disappointing to drop points at home to Chelsea and City, but they weren't losses and they are the two best teams we will face this year. I think we know there are about 13 teams in this League that we will be so confident facing home and away and taking all of the points. We know the bulk our of points tally this season is going to be against those sides outside top 3-4 if we keep operating at this level. It is what we can do in these big games that will take us to where we need to be and one of those is Sunday. This is a really, really good opportunity to go there with a full strength team and win. They are in a bad moment, they look primed for change and you feel a loss on Sunday would go some way to them pulling the trigger on Solskjaer. I think they are concerned that they have the best group of players they have had for some time, and will want someone to get a tune out of them before Ronaldo declines, before Fernandes gets itchy feet, before Pogba leaves etc... I personally don't think their squad is anywhere near good enough to win a League title but there are definitely talented individuals there. The pressure is on them. I hope we turn up and put in a top performance. I think even an 8/10 Liverpool performance here could see us win it but I want 10/10 and for us to stick the boot in. We look so fluid and confident going forward, if we can apply ourselves then we can get goals against these. The defence and midfield will need to be better.

I think the team picks itself aside from one midfield spot. I don't know if Naby gets another chance, but I wouldn't be adverse to seeing AOC for his energy and his ability to drive through the middle of teams. Get as many people running and Maguire and Matic/McTominay/Fred as we can. It's a shame Tiago, Elliot and Jones aren't available. Milner has started two in a row now, I think? So I don't know if he goes again and to be honest, I think I would rather see AOC/Jones (if fit) for their ability to carry the ball and be direct. Maybe Naby does get another run out but being hooked at HT yesterday would suggest not, unless he trusts Fabinho to re-instate the balance? Not sure at all.

I think next to no chance we go all out and drop Jota in too.

This is a quality post. I hate to mention it because he is no longer here but I do think in big games we do notice the absence of Wijnaldum. He was good at plugging gaps. Not wanting to be harsh on Naby but at times I do think he is defensively naive from a tactical point of view whereas Wijnaldum is the opposite. Teams often found it difficult to cut through our midfield when we had Fabinho, Hendersona and Wijnaldum as the midfield trio as we were more compact.

For the game against Utd, I'm swaying towards picking Oxlade-Chamberlain for the points you made. He has impressed me in his last two cameos. I definitely don't think Keita starts. If Jones is fit, it's between him and Oxlade-Chamberlain imo for the final midfield slot. But what do I know  ;D

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2021, 02:25:41 pm »
90+1

The away fans can now be heard loudly in the corner singing ‘sacked in the morning’.

if he survives tonights game

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2021, 03:18:58 pm »
Thanks for the OP Yorky, a slightly light hearted approach which is a good way to go given how tense these games usually are.

We score 3 in every away game now, so let’s just do that again and ensure they get no more than 2. Easy.

If only, often like the derby form going into these matches doesn’t make a great deal of difference, however we really should be getting the job done just like last season. We’re better than them everywhere I just hope we show it.
Clearly there are things to work on coming out of the Atletico game mainly in the middle of the park but we’ve still got great players available there it’s just picking the right ones for Sundays game. Personally would love to see Ox start alongside Henderson and Fabinho for this, he’s looked much more with it in the last two sub appearances.

Anyway roll on Sunday, looking forward to it
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2021, 03:21:46 pm »
Mancthony Taylor. Fuck me.

If we turn up, we should win unless the above showcases his usual incompetence

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2021, 03:45:16 pm »
Sneaky bastards.
They can be just as snide and sneaky as Atleti from time to time, Nick. The things that grate me are the undeserved goals and the decisions, but now is as good a time as any to play them.
I expect a few of the older heads to feature in this. They like throwing in Mata against us- as City does with Gundogan, so maybe we exploit his age to the full extent.
Also think Matic will start ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 03:46:57 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2021, 03:52:08 pm »
Part of me thinks we should really change it up for this game. Maybe the likes of Tsimikas, Konate/Gomez, Fabinho, Jota all come in? Possibly Ox for Milner or Keita as well.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2021, 03:53:42 pm »
The question is whether they’re capable of that at the moment.

We might not be as tight in defence or midfield as we’d like right now, but we’re scoring for fun and their defence is atrocious, far worse than ours.

I’m sure Klopp is working on fixing our problem areas, I know he won’t be complacent, but even if we play the same as we did last night, we should be better than this rabble.

These jammy bastards always seem up for us though. I suspect that's down to ourselves as well, but what I wouldn't give for a right steam roller of a game!
This might be it. That squad is "fragile" atm- with some wanting "something to change", others not bothered by the manager and giving him a performance (or the fans), others would side with Ronaldo, while yet others are in Pogba's clique... some are awaiting news of potential suitors for their sevices in January so their heads are gone...
So imagine what 2 early goals for us would do to that stadium and that team..
*Rubbing hands..*

I know it would be beneficial for us if Ole stays, but my desire to knock these senseless- even this once is greater than that.
He's had his time, and we've had our fun. Time to get down to business and methodically dissect this lot!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 04:00:51 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2021, 04:00:38 pm »
Part of me thinks we should really change it up for this game. Maybe the likes of Tsimikas, Konate/Gomez, Fabinho, Jota all come in? Possibly Ox for Milner or Keita as well.

Why would you make wholesale changes in a huge match ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2021, 04:06:09 pm »
I do think we'll have some changes, but I don't see too many.
We've played 2 matches in 4 days, while they will have played 2 in five before then. We'll have a few hours on United though to compensate for that extra day- with the added edge of being on a lossless streak.

Fabinho though... has to start. We can't continue starting off wonky, and this jammy gang of tits will punish any early mistakes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 04:10:23 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2021, 04:14:42 pm »
Think Atletico was a great game to play before United. I imagine Gollum will employ similar tactics to Simeone, and the players will be ready for it.

I think Ronaldo will be benched for this one. Probably the only way he can show the media that he still has control, and I imagine he wants the speed of Rashford and Greenwood up front. If it doesn't work, he'll probably lose his job after this game. Which would be a shame.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2021, 04:19:51 pm »
Think Atletico was a great game to play before United. I imagine Gollum will employ similar tactics to Simeone, and the players will be ready for it.

I think Ronaldo will be benched for this one. Probably the only way he can show the media that he still has control, and I imagine he wants the speed of Rashford and Greenwood up front. If it doesn't work, he'll probably lose his job after this game. Which would be a shame.

No chance he benches Ronaldo for this. I think he'll start with Greenwood, Fernandes and Rashford.

I'd bring Fabinho in for Milner as the only change. Id have preferred Curtis or Thiago in for Keita but isn't to be.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2021, 04:20:16 pm »
if he survives tonights game
According to rumour, he's been given 2 games to put things right. We all know that means he'll be sacked, but I want us to be the last team to beat them- and to run riot, so's he can walk away licking his wounds and make it a day the Mancs would want to wipe off the history books.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 04:22:19 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2021, 04:30:18 pm »
According to rumour, he's been given 2 games to put things right. We all know that means he'll be sacked, but I want us to be the last team to beat them- and to run riot, so's he can walk away licking his wounds and make it a day the Mancs would want to wipe off the history books.

Yeah if he's giving up the wheel it would be swell to be the ones to run him off the road in the end. 

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2021, 04:33:00 pm »
No chance he benches Ronaldo for this. I think he'll start with Greenwood, Fernandes and Rashford.

I'd bring Fabinho in for Milner as the only change. Id have preferred Curtis or Thiago in for Keita but isn't to be.

The thing is, you know he's going to start McFred, because he needs 'runners'. Fernandes is nailed on, and so is Rashford. I believe he will start Greenwood because he thinks he will provide some pace in behind. So then, it's basically between Matic, Pogba, or Ronaldo. With Varane injured, I imagine he will go for another midfielder instead.

I mean, he could start Ronaldo, but I think that would be a disaster for him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2021, 04:33:38 pm »
Why would you make wholesale changes in a huge match ?

We have a squad and many of them are good players, why not use them. We have a lot of players looking leggy yesterday.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2021, 05:47:05 pm »
Not sure I understand the confidence of most in here. Yes, we're way better than them, but when has that ever counted for anything in these games? If anything it will encourage them to play to their strengths (counter-attacking from a low block) and our weaknesses (struggling to break down a low-block and being susceptible to long balls into the space vacated by our marauding full backs). I mean, Joao Felix gave us all sorts of problems last night, and he's slower than my wife.

I hope I'm wrong, but pretty sure this will be a tense affair and the pace and quality of their attackers will cause us problems. 1-0, Ronaldo penalty, after Rashford races clear from a long ball and cuts inside Trent with a leg out. Media lick Ron's arse clean, despite him only having 3 touches of the ball in our half. That's my prediction  :'(

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2021, 06:00:54 pm »
The only thing you can guarantee is Lawrenson is predicting 1-1.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2021, 06:01:44 pm »
It should be a mauling but it feels like we say that every year and it rarely is.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2021, 06:09:17 pm »
It would be nice to get rid of Solksjaer the same way we got rid of Mourinho.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2021, 06:11:34 pm »
Guarantee theyll play better than normal whatever happens, c*nts.

Should be a demolition 
YNWA

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2021, 06:19:35 pm »
My expectation ration is that this will be a very hard game. Fir all their obvious weaknesses United still possess some quality players that can hurt you. Their overall results against the better teams suggests they are capable of getting a result. It’s also a dog of a ground for us. Always has been, even if we were the better team.

United’s fans will be massively up for this . Need to play he opponents in front of us, not the atmosphere. United will sit back and look to attack us on the counter. Defensively we’ll need to be sharp. In attack we’ll need to break down, what I suspect will be low block set up.

I’d love to win but I think a draw would be a decent/acceptable result
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2021, 06:26:11 pm »
Old Trafford away is always probably in the top 2 most difficult games of the season, no matter how shite they are or whoever the manager is. If I had to bet I’d say it’ll be a score draw. Sustained pressure vs counter attack. 

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2021, 06:50:58 pm »
Just looking at United's line-up to face Atlanta tonight and it's the exact team I had/have in mind to face us on Sunday

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2021, 07:01:30 pm »
Neville shouldn’t be commentating on United v Liverpool matches, it’s absolutely horrendous listening to him and makes me want to punch the screen every time.

Like his punditry, he gets too tempted to troll Liverpool fans (“there’s something not quite right”, his annual insistence that Salah will be off each time Salah is performing well) rather than do his job. Add the fact Carra will be winding him up.

LFC pundits seem to go out of their way to act unbiased but go too far the other way. McManaman was basically an Atletico fan last night. Given he works with the club at the Academy, I can see why he wants to appear unbiased, but he goes too far.

Whereas Neville flat out admitted he gives his mate at United an easier ride.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2021, 07:04:38 pm »
We have a squad and many of them are good players, why not use them. We have a lot of players looking leggy yesterday.

We have five days to recover.

Important to keep rhythm especially in this fixture although Gomez pace may be better suited than Matip.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.