539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1440033 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brexit thread - Rocky Horror Brexit Shitshow Hallowe'en Special!
« Reply #22680 on: May 23, 2019, 04:02:41 pm »
There will presumably be an exit poll though(?) which are usually very accurate.

So, is there an exit poll? There are no Beeb news specials on the schedule.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22681 on: May 23, 2019, 04:07:50 pm »

Apparently not until Sunday as other countries still voting.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/exit-poll-european-elections-2019-16319615

Will there be an exit poll on Thursday night?
We'll be left without any insight or exit poll on Thursday night - despite polling stations closing at 10pm.

This is because although the UK is voting on Thursday, along with the Netherlands, the rest of the countries in the European Union are yet to cast their votes.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #22682 on: May 23, 2019, 04:11:55 pm »

It seems very low key, though there was a mini-rush on when i went to vote before work, it is the first election that i can recall at that polling station where there was not one representative of any political party outside.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #22683 on: May 23, 2019, 04:57:18 pm »
Apparently not until Sunday as other countries still voting.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/exit-poll-european-elections-2019-16319615

Well, if May is ousted before Sunday, there's yer exit poll right there.......

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #22684 on: May 23, 2019, 05:58:41 pm »
She'll be there into mid-June and beyond. One last chance to push the Withdrawal Agreement. Peston reckons that it'll be 10th June for her to announce the leadership contest is formally open. I'd not bet on her keeping to any date she agrees to under duress.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #22685 on: May 23, 2019, 06:01:46 pm »
How do I find out who's best to vote for to support remain. I assume as I'm in England it's the lib Dems.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #22686 on: May 23, 2019, 06:12:55 pm »
How do I find out who's best to vote for to support remain. I assume as I'm in England it's the lib Dems.

Seeing some differing advice on how to vote tactically up here in Scotland. Am torn between voting SNP, Lib Dem or Greens.

https://www.remainunited.org/
https://www.remainvoter.com/how-to-vote-scotland
https://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/05/22/the-remain-strategy-region-by-region-voting-guide

All say different. Maybe smartest move is Dems but still not sure. Will head out shortly and just plump for one I suppose.

Have a look here mate.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22687 on: May 23, 2019, 06:29:26 pm »
Have a look here mate.
Thank you. Greens it is
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22688 on: May 23, 2019, 06:48:18 pm »
It seems very low key, though there was a mini-rush on when i went to vote before work, it is the first election that i can recall at that polling station where there was not one representative of any political party outside.

They should be banned from being there at any election.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22689 on: May 23, 2019, 08:17:30 pm »
Anybody got a link to that article from a few months ago that slammed May?  Matthew Paris in the Times wasn't it?  Friend of mine is interested in it, but I haven't got a clue which page it's on in this thread.  Thanks!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22690 on: May 23, 2019, 08:21:27 pm »
Anybody got a link to that article from a few months ago that slammed May?  Matthew Paris in the Times wasn't it?  Friend of mine is interested in it, but I haven't got a clue which page it's on in this thread.  Thanks!

Is this what you mean?

I won't hold my breath waiting for Jones to write something like this about Corbyn

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22691 on: May 23, 2019, 08:22:20 pm »
Have a look here mate.

Fucking hell those predictions look grim.  How the fucking can Nigel Fucking Farrage just conjure up a new Brexit party out of think fucking air and have it on course for so many fucking seats!?  That has GOT to be dodgy as fuck!

I voted Green, but looking at those web pages I'm worried I made a mistake now. :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22692 on: May 23, 2019, 08:26:05 pm »
Fucking hell those predictions look grim.  How the fucking can Nigel Fucking Farrage just conjure up a new Brexit party out of think fucking air and have it on course for so many fucking seats!?  That has GOT to be dodgy as fuck!

I voted Green, but looking at those web pages I'm worried I made a mistake now. :(

Don't worry too much. At least it's not a vote that can be misinterpreted as a pro-Brexit one.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22693 on: May 23, 2019, 08:26:39 pm »
Is this what you mean?

Yeah, that was it, thanks!

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22694 on: May 23, 2019, 08:39:13 pm »

I don't think it's dodgy at all. He's put a bit of distance between the worse excesses of UKIP , and created a party for the Brexiteers of all flavours. He's gamed the system all right, but nothing at all wrong with what he's done ( well, obviously a LOT wrong) . I don't think he's using dodgy funds or anything like that if  that's what you mean.  Well he might be of course, but I can see his party getting a lot of votes with even mimimal spend.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #22695 on: May 23, 2019, 08:39:50 pm »

He's a magnet for Tory protest votes - at the time the party is coming apart over Brexit - and him and his lot have completely outmaneuvered the other parties; they were prepping for this back in November while everyone else looks like they've turned up the week before, with next to no time or plan to avoid splitting the Remain vote. Pretty typical of how Western democracies have taken the status quo for granted, unprepared and slow to react to the rise of populist right-wing politics.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #22696 on: May 23, 2019, 08:47:54 pm »
I don't think it's dodgy at all. He's put a bit of distance between the worse excesses of UKIP , and created a party for the Brexiteers of all flavours. He's gamed the system all right, but nothing at all wrong with what he's done ( well, obviously a LOT wrong) . I don't think he's using dodgy funds or anything like that if  that's what you mean.  Well he might be of course, but I can see his party getting a lot of votes with even mimimal spend.
Two words - emotional manipulation. Two more - social engineering. Shrewd, wily, cunning - but not clever or smart. "Insidious" springs to mind. "The slimy twat" also springs to mind......

(Frottage - not you ;D :wave )

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22697 on: May 23, 2019, 08:49:25 pm »

Thanks for making that clear ;D

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #22698 on: May 23, 2019, 08:57:13 pm »
Two words - emotional manipulation. Two more - social engineering. Shrewd, wily, cunning - but not clever or smart. "Insidious" springs to mind. "The slimy twat" also springs to mind......

If times were not depressing enough, you have highlighted the fact that by far and away the most skilled, charismatic and cunning politician of the current era is a complete and utter charlatan and chancer.

The devil always has the best tunes or something...
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22699 on: May 23, 2019, 09:09:13 pm »
He's a magnet for Tory protest votes - at the time the party is coming apart over Brexit - and him and his lot have completely outmaneuvered the other parties; they were prepping for this back in November while everyone else looks like they've turned up the week before, with next to no time or plan to avoid splitting the Remain vote. Pretty typical of how Western democracies have taken the status quo for granted, unprepared and slow to react to the rise of populist right-wing politics.

Yeah, yours and PaulF's answers make a lot of sense.  You would think after three fucking years the Remainers would have their shit together by now instead of squabbling over the seating arrangements at the table.  :butt

Popcorn's Art

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22700 on: May 24, 2019, 12:14:29 am »
We are in for a few twists and turns yet, best laid plans and all that.
A new Tory leader won't alter the arithmetic in parliament, MPs are against a no deal. theres only 1 way of changing this and thats another GE. let the voters kick out the traitors stopping us leaving the EU. I think a lot of Tory MPs fearing loosing their seat will argue this point when supporting a no confidence vote in the government. great news for remain voters. let the Brexit party split the vote in a GE. am sure the remain parties will get their act together for a GE , this is the vote that really matters. let UKIP. Tories + the Brexit party take votes off eachother they will not compromise to win seats for leave. I think Corbyn may get his GE by the end of the year but he will not like the outcome.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22701 on: May 24, 2019, 06:38:22 am »
I always felt that if May went that a second vote would be more likely under a new PM. However I firmly believe that any second vote now will have No Deal on the ballot paper.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #22702 on: May 24, 2019, 06:44:35 am »
let UKIP. Tories + the Brexit party take votes off eachother they will not compromise to win seats for leave.

Depending on the Tory leader I assume an electoral pact would be discussed. With The Brexit Party at least, I think UKIP are done. Even if there is nothing formal I'd think the BP wouldn't stand candidates in places where known committed Brexiters are standing (ERG, Hoey etc).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22703 on: May 24, 2019, 07:36:30 am »

having the bbc onside helps I guess

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #22704 on: May 24, 2019, 08:34:00 am »

To me it is simple. He called it The Brexit Party. It does what it says on the tin. Change UK on the other hand.....
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #22705 on: May 24, 2019, 08:44:23 am »

Simple, the majority of the country are small minded knob heads.

Ive said it loads of times in discussions with mates who think like the majority of people on here....remember this..we are the minority ..being from Liverpool or in a fan community like ours you can forget that and that means in a democracy  where the majority willingly accept..no..embrace!..the shite they are fed.....We Lose.

Time for the left and liberals wake up, stop just saying ' Right wing politics is bad'..cos a lot of people clearly see it as ' the way out' from their own issues...the Left and Liberals are not offering an action a 'do something' to address the current issues  a lot of people think 'matter'...the whole remain/labour approach has failed becouse they think people will ' wake up' to idiocy of the right...they are not offering asperation or change that the right is seducing the country with.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22706 on: May 24, 2019, 08:59:27 am »
As annoying as Frottage is, I hope the Brexit party stand for any general election. He will be incredibly useful.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #22707 on: May 24, 2019, 09:29:28 am »
i voted last night and couldnt tell you the name of the person

was simply a case of not voting uup, dup, sdlp, sinn fein or tories (didnt have a labour candidate)

went alliance, green and independent

was more a case of who NOT to vote for
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #22708 on: May 24, 2019, 09:29:56 am »
As annoying as Frottage is, I hope the Brexit party stand for any general election. He will be incredibly useful.

I think Frottage is more than 'annoying' . But isnt saying hope the BP stand ( I presume to split the Tory vote you mean) is exaclty where labour have been failing..lets sit back and let the Torys fuck up and we step in....biggest mess the Torys have ever been in ever!!!....and Labour look no more likely to win a GE than they ever have. Kinnock done the same under Thatcher ' working people wont support her  policies we just have to wait till the people realise'....Brexit Party wont take votes from hard core Torys in a GE they will from UKIP ,Old School working class  Labour etc...

As I said earlier the Left need to wake up and offer more than just saying, look at them arent they bad and assume people will vote Labour.

The reason why the Right is rising ( across Europe)  is that coherent, relatable, asperational left wing politics to change society for the better for working people  has evapourated in a melange of liberal issues that whilst important do not resonate with the majority of peoples lives......its created a political void for the Right to walk into.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #22709 on: May 24, 2019, 09:30:16 am »

Yeah another party splitting the stupid/racist right wing voters may not be a bad thing.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #22710 on: May 24, 2019, 09:53:33 am »

was simply a case of not voting uup, dup, sdlp, sinn fein or tories (didnt have a labour candidate)

Really hope Alliance can get that third seat - think it would be a big statement for NI.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22711 on: May 24, 2019, 09:59:11 am »

Naomi Long was the Alliance candidate. She's a good representative and Claire Bailey from the Greens is also amazing. Both got my vote too.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22712 on: May 24, 2019, 10:01:22 am »
I think Frottage is more than 'annoying' . But isnt saying hope the BP stand ( I presume to split the Tory vote you mean) is exaclty where labour have been failing..lets sit back and let the Torys fuck up and we step in....biggest mess the Torys have ever been in ever!!!....and Labour look no more likely to win a GE than they ever have. Kinnock done the same under Thatcher ' working people wont support her  policies we just have to wait till the people realise'....Brexit Party wont take votes from hard core Torys in a GE they will from UKIP ,Old School working class  Labour etc...

As I said earlier the Left need to wake up and offer more than just saying, look at them arent they bad and assume people will vote Labour.

The reason why the Right is rising ( across Europe)  is that coherent, relatable, asperational left wing politics to change society for the better for working people  has evapourated in a melange of liberal issues that whilst important do not resonate with the majority of peoples lives......its created a political void for the Right to walk into.

Of course, thats the ideal. But we can either cross our fingers and hope our wishes of a utopia come true or accept the situation as it is now.  We need the Tories out of office. They have been able to consolidate the entire right wing vote around them these past 2 general elections.

Labour reached its peak 2 years ago and the reality is that its very unlikely to deliver as many votes. We need another right wing party to split the vote and Frottage is really good at getting those votes away from the Tories and to his lot.

I voted Lib Dem in the Euro elections but I am going to be voting Labour in the next general election. I want the Tories out and any help that Labour can get in fragmenting the right wing vote the way the left wing vote is fragmented, the better.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:03:03 am by a treeless whopper »

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #22713 on: May 24, 2019, 10:04:22 am »
Steve Baker mulling over a leadership bid, as Boris and Raab just not hardcore enough leavers.

Come on Mark Francois, throw that hat into the ring!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #22714 on: May 24, 2019, 10:08:26 am »
7th June then. She's gone.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #22715 on: May 24, 2019, 10:09:04 am »
Steve Baker mulling over a leadership bid, as Boris and Raab just not hardcore enough leavers.

Come on Mark Francois, throw that hat into the ring!

Well his Dad was at Agincourt!
Internet terrorist

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #22716 on: May 24, 2019, 10:11:13 am »
She's barking mad isn't she?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #22717 on: May 24, 2019, 10:11:13 am »
It's nice that she's talking about compromise and the achievements on equality and discrimination.

I missed the bit at the start though - who's she talking about?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #22718 on: May 24, 2019, 10:12:26 am »
Delusional.
Internet terrorist

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #22719 on: May 24, 2019, 10:12:48 am »
Me, me, I,