Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 597710 times)

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2005, 02:44:05 pm »
That's because you're not a Leafs fan so fuck off! ;D ;D ;D

Exactly the kind of laid back non commital response I would expect from a LEAVES fan eh:P

P.S I call them LEAVES as they always leave before the trophy is handed out. :D
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2005, 02:54:38 pm »
Exactly the kind of laid back non commital response I would expect from a LEAVES fan eh:P

P.S I call them LEAVES as they always leave before the trophy is handed out. :D

Leaves is gramatically correct afterall, whereas Leafs is not. Strange on, that.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2005, 04:00:20 pm »
OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!  The Richmond Hiller got a Hattrick :D (I'm from Richmond Hill just as O'Neill is...) :) here's a funny story.  My high school principal once taught him and he advised him not to go into hockey and it's not a good future there.  Riiiiight.....helped Carolina twat us but it's all forgiven since he's back ^___^

Oh yay Toronto ;)

For you out-of-Toronto lads, I guess you can consider Toronto like Liverpool, Ottawa as Everton (the bitter twats) and Montreal like Man United :D

Every "Battle of Ontario" is like a Liverpool derby for us. 

LoL !!!!!!! The leafs like Liverpool. The leafs are more like Chelsea ! The only difference is that Chelsea actually wins !  The Habs are more like Liverpool !

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
« Reply #163 on: October 15, 2005, 04:08:34 pm »
That's because you're not a Leafs fan so fuck off! ;D ;D ;D

Great win over the thrashers yesterday thecanadian, finally the leaves are not disgracing Canada. :) I found it ironic that a team with Domi, Tucker and Belak can accuse the other team of headhunting. With the possible exception of Sean Avery, Darcy Tucker has to be one of the dirtest players in the NHL ! :)

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2005, 06:14:45 pm »
We can't be Chelsea with that defense of ours......
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2005, 06:31:53 pm »
   Great win over the thrashers yesterday thecanadian, finally the leaves are not disgracing Canada. :) I found it ironic that a team with Domi, Tucker and Belak can accuse the other team of headhunting. With the possible exception of Sean Avery, Darcy Tucker has to be one of the dirtest players in the NHL ! :)

WTF!?

Pat Quinn is not a digrace like that fucking Bob Hartley. Tie Domi and Wade Belak were only protecting their own players yesterday, as their job goes. A dirty cheap shot hit on the Big E's head, following by a deliberate fucking injury to Tucker, his head slammed into the seam between the glass panels resulting in a big puddle of blood on the ice!

Atlanta were fucking 6-1 down and sent their guys out to injure, simple as that. How can you fucking talk against the Leafs after that?! I'm just baffled. That was a bloody disgrace on the part of Atlanta last night as Pat Quinn so rightly put it!
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2005, 06:37:08 pm »
Toronto waxed the Thrashers (I meant Trashers)...

I heard there was a ton of fighting in that game...that is going to be a positive byproduct of the newer NHL.  More scoring means more potential for blowouts which means more fighting.
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2005, 07:48:59 pm »
Toronto waxed the Thrashers (I meant Trashers)...

I heard there was a ton of fighting in that game...that is going to be a positive byproduct of the newer NHL.  More scoring means more potential for blowouts which means more fighting.

I don't mind a fight or two but what I do mind is what happened last night. A coach losing 6-1 in the final period and sending his players out with instructions to injure. Eric Lindros and Darcy Tucker were the recipients last night - Jason Allison, Tie Domi, Brian McCabe, and Wade Belak responded in kind.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2005, 08:02:15 pm »
I don't mind a fight or two but what I do mind is what happened last night. A coach losing 6-1 in the final period and sending his players out with instructions to injure. Eric Lindros and Darcy Tucker were the recipients last night - Jason Allison, Tie Domi, Brian McCabe, and Wade Belak responded in kind.

If I recall right Allison is not a fighter at all...he got into a fight and got beat, and I think your guys needed to do a better job of kicking their asses in the fights.  I usually think of Toronto as a team that whips on people in fights.
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2005, 09:18:20 pm »
If I recall right Allison is not a fighter at all...he got into a fight and got beat, and I think your guys needed to do a better job of kicking their asses in the fights.  I usually think of Toronto as a team that whips on people in fights.

Nope he isn't. But that makes it even more special that he fought. Sticking up for his team mates. Last night was great for team bonding. I really like the group of player the Leafs have this year. They have good chemistry on the evidence that I've seen so far. They just need to get one new defender in to replace Aki Berg who is woeful.

I think the Leafs will make the playoffs this year and go far.

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2005, 12:32:28 am »
WTF!?

Pat Quinn is not a digrace like that fucking Bob Hartley. Tie Domi and Wade Belak were only protecting their own players yesterday, as their job goes. A dirty cheap shot hit on the Big E's head, following by a deliberate fucking injury to Tucker, his head slammed into the seam between the glass panels resulting in a big puddle of blood on the ice!

Atlanta were fucking 6-1 down and sent their guys out to injure, simple as that. How can you fucking talk against the Leafs after that?! I'm just baffled. That was a bloody disgrace on the part of Atlanta last night as Pat Quinn so rightly put it!

I was just kidding simply to wind you up a little :) In all honestly i loved Tie's comment about Bob Hartley being a bush league coach ! When is the next time you guys play the thrashers ?

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #171 on: October 16, 2005, 12:46:55 am »
Boys Boys Boys....this year belongs to one team: VANCOUVER

Although It'd be ok by me if it was Toronto...or Montreal...and Canadian team for that matter. Its time we brought the cup back where it belongs.   :wellin
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2005, 01:03:38 am »

Although It'd be ok by me if it was Toronto...or Montreal...and Canadian team for that matter. Its time we brought the cup back where it belongs.   :wellin

When they win the cup next year i will wear my Liverpool Shirt and walk down Robson in a cloud of euphoria ! Go Canucks Go !

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2005, 01:05:03 am »
  I just saw Coaches corner, good to see Don Cherry yet again ! The guy is a legend !

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2005, 01:19:40 am »

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2005, 02:35:48 am »
Rangers win again, 5-1 over the Trash (who Toronto beat 9-1).  The Rangers are off to a 3-1-2 start (which is equvalent to going 4-2).  Renney has them playing hard, which is amazing for a Rangers team.

Atlanta has Kovalchuk and little else...hopefully the Rangers can pull a trade for Kovalchuk and pair him up with Jagr.  Now THAT would be something else.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 02:37:28 am by NY-AmericanRed »

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2005, 03:02:24 am »
In other news, the Golden Brett has called it quits after 18 years, ending what is a surefire first-ballot Hall of Fame career.

He ends his career with 741 goals (3rd all time behind the Great One and Gordie) and 1,391 points scored (18th all time).

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2005, 03:09:50 am »

Nah I'd fancy Edmonton's chances over Vancouver's to be honest. Seriously I would. The Canucks have such a shite goalie that they'll never win the cup until they get rid of him. As long as Ottawa doesn't do well in the post season I'm happy. They don't count as a Canadian team, they're European.

I just saw Coaches corner, good to see Don Cherry yet again ! The guy is a legend !

Damn straight! I love the guy. He's one of the best things about Hockey in this country.

GO LEAFS GO! I didn't get to watch the game tonight, because I was at the Peterborough Petes game here in town at the Memorial centre. A good game and they beat Toronto 6-4. Delighted to see big Eric Lindros get two goals tonight and Belfour stand on his head to win the game for the Leafs. 3 wins on the trot!

Offline Scarlet`

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2005, 06:11:21 am »
Liverpool won without their captain and ex-captain...Cisse scores...

Leafs won without their captain...Lindros scores twice...

I'm happy ;)

O'Neill's becoming one of my new fav players :) mainly 'cause he's a Richmond Hiller ;)
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2005, 02:25:38 pm »
Liverpool won without their captain and ex-captain...Cisse scores...

Leafs won without their captain...Lindros scores twice...

I'm happy ;)

O'Neill's becoming one of my new fav players :) mainly 'cause he's a Richmond Hiller ;)

Giddy up! Leafs nation awaken! Stanley's coming back where it belongs! ;D ;D ;D

Seriously I think we've got a better chances than in the last few seasons. We just need to get one or maybe two defencemen.

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2005, 02:51:55 pm »
Give us Kaberle and we will give you Woolley :P
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline Scarlet`

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2005, 03:46:25 pm »
Giddy up! Leafs nation awaken! Stanley's coming back where it belongs! ;D ;D ;D

Seriously I think we've got a better chances than in the last few seasons. We just need to get one or maybe two defencemen.

We say that every year...especially the year with Nieuwyndyck (sp?) and Roberts still around...

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2005, 04:55:22 pm »
We say that every year...especially the year with Nieuwyndyck (sp?) and Roberts still around...

I know and you have to keep saying it. The reason it's different this year is because we've got a younger team. We got rid of the old guys Mogilny, Roberts and Nieuwendyk who were in their late 30's and brought in guys who are in their early to mid thirties in Allison, O'Neill, and Lindros. Plus this year we've got the three awesome youngsters playing plenty of minutes in Steen, Stajan, and Wellwood. I really hope Wellwood doesn't get sent back down when Sundin comes back because he's electric and a thrill to watch. Fantastic puck handling skills.

Plus the defensive line of Kaberle and McCabe is one of the top three in the league for sure.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2005, 09:10:56 pm »
Watched the HNIC double of Toronto-Montreal and Edmonton-Calgary and I tell you what boys...i'm in love.  Don Cherry, what a man! Hilarious, but you know he makes sense!

As for the games...hate to admit it but the Leafs look good.  What's the go with Pat Quinn though?  Was he involved in the fights against the the Thrashers as well?!

Flyers back on track with high scoring wins against the Pens (although we should have made that far more comfortable) and the Isles.  Forsberg and Gagne are working on something pretty brilliant at the momtn.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2005, 09:23:49 pm »
Watched the HNIC double of Toronto-Montreal and Edmonton-Calgary and I tell you what boys...i'm in love.  Don Cherry, what a man! Hilarious, but you know he makes sense!

As for the games...hate to admit it but the Leafs look good.  What's the go with Pat Quinn though?  Was he involved in the fights against the the Thrashers as well?!

Flyers back on track with high scoring wins against the Pens (although we should have made that far more comfortable) and the Isles.  Forsberg and Gagne are working on something pretty brilliant at the momtn.
First time you've watched Hockey Night in Canada eh? It's been one of my favorite programs for 7 years since I started watching Hockey. Don Cherry is one of Canada's favorite people. By the way, how did you get to watch the program?

Pat Quinn took a puck in the eye in pre-season, then another one in the first game of the season. Funny stuff. He was involved in the Thrashers fighting in the sense that he was yelling incessantly at Bob Hartley during the whole thing and then took some cracks at him in the post-game.

By the way DK, looks like you're gonna start the fantasy league off with a loss while I'm going to start off with a win. The two guys who are winning (me and the manc) are the ones who live in North America.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:27:14 pm by theCanadian »

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2005, 09:28:19 pm »
First time you've watched Hockey Night in Canada eh? It's been one of my favorite programs for 7 years since I started watching Hockey. Don Cherry is one of Canada's favorite people.

Well, in Aus we never got HNIC (generally got fox coverage) and since I've been in the UK we've been locked out so this was my first chance, yeah.  I hope NASN are going to make it a regular on a Sunday night here (the replay of course).

I was trying to explain to my missus that ice hockey is a tough sport but not as violent as she thinks and things are done in context.  I was doing ok until they showed Quinn and she was like 'see! bunch of thugs! even the coaches are meat heads!'  :-\ 

Offline Scarlet`

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2005, 12:45:07 am »
Pat Quinn's brilliant!!!  Great coach for Canada, even better for the Leafs!!!

I really like the youngsters we have - my best friend's sister was coworkers with Matt Stajan's girlfriend.  Heard plenty of good comments about him...and he is really talented.  Give him a few more years, might be even bigger for the Leafs!  Unlike last year, I'm now getting an equal share of LFC and Leafs...yummy! 

Oh oh oh!  And Don Cherry is in the top ten for "THE GREATEST CANADIAN" XD

Gotta love how he make all those provocative comments about Europeans and the French Canadiens XD

Oi, and if you like Royal Canadian Air Farce :) love the impersonations of him there ;) and Ron McLean's great :D 

Offline kopkev

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2005, 03:40:40 am »
watching the canucks man handle the dallas stars right now,2-0 first period.canucks power play  looking good,

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2005, 04:33:37 am »
watching the canucks man handle the dallas stars right now,2-0 first period.canucks power play  looking good,

;D It's 2-2 now. Fuck off the Canucks. Less goals would go into the Canucks' net if they had no goalie than having Cloutier in net.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2005, 04:36:09 am »
;D It's 2-2 now. Fuck off the Canucks. Less goals would go into the Canucks' net if they had no goalie than having Cloutier in net.

And their thug forward Bertuzzi...he should be doing time for that stunt against Colorado two years ago.

Vancouver's the team the Rangers beat for their Cup, so I've never really been fond of them.  Give me the Alberta derby (Calgary-Edmonton) any day of the week.

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2005, 02:34:43 pm »

Yet another great win for the pride of Canada ! Canucks are now on top of their divison and are getting scoring from all 4 lines. Look out for a Vancouver vs Ottawa final next year ! By the way in was Alex Auld in net today and i think that Crawford should give him a run in net. Sadly i have to agree with you about Cloutier, i just dunno if he is good enough.

As for the Leafs, it seems that they have brought out the best of Eric Lindros........Well until he gets his 10000th concussion. Mind you it was a great win over the Habs on Saturday.

Offline yenners

• Main Stander
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2005, 02:40:10 pm »
And their thug forward Bertuzzi...he should be doing time for that stunt against Colorado two years ago.

Vancouver's the team the Rangers beat for their Cup, so I've never really been fond of them.  Give me the Alberta derby (Calgary-Edmonton) any day of the week.

We all do not condone what Big Bert did to Steve Moore, but he has served his time and it is time to move on. Let me assure you that Bertuzzi is not a dirty player in nature. We were losing that particular game 9-2 and this was with the backdrop of Moore hitting Naslund in the previous game. His fustratration got the better of him. 

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2005, 05:52:07 pm »
  We all do not condone what Big Bert did to Steve Moore, but he has served his time and it is time to move on. Let me assure you that Bertuzzi is not a dirty player in nature. We were losing that particular game 9-2 and this was with the backdrop of Moore hitting Naslund in the previous game. His fustratration got the better of him. 

Everything you've said about Bertuzzi is accurate but his image will be forever tained by that incident and I have less respect for him now than I did before the incident.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2005, 09:28:38 pm »

Whats your beef with Cloutier? Crawfords a class coach, if he trusts him, Vancouver does. As for Bertuzzi, yeah his image will be forever tainted, just like McSorely's was for taking a stick to the back of Brashear's head. I fully condone Berts suspension, but to go to court and all that is just bollocks. If it happens on the ice it should stay within the juristiction of the NHL. I mean you allow fighting, bodycheques against glass at breakneck speeds, give penalties for cross cheques and cheques from behind, but an elbow combined with an akward fall leads to court action? Where do you draw the line?

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #194 on: October 18, 2005, 02:01:43 am »
Amazing! A hockey thread! There's too much on this web site, I'm already going goggle-eyed surfing.

Whats your beef with Cloutier? Crawfords a class coach, if he trusts him, Vancouver does. As for Bertuzzi, yeah his image will be forever tainted, just like McSorely's was for taking a stick to the back of Brashear's head.

Cloutier is absolute shite. For once I agree with Canadian. Canucks are going nowhere with him in net. Put him under pressure, and he folds. Every playoff series he melts down. Anybody want to take a bet he'll have the worst save percentage on shootouts in the NHL? He's already tracking to it. The Wild sure have him figured out. They came out firing high and had six in there by game end. Everybody knows the book on Dan - top shelf. Didn't he let 3 in on 13 shots the other night?

As for the Bertuzzi incident, I may be the only person on this thread who was actually at the game. In the context of that game, what happened was entirely predictable. Both teams were going at it, no holds barred. To put Moore out on the ice after what he did to Naslund, for a late shift when the game was already out of control, was inexcusable. On that same shift, there was a fight going on in the corner with the puck the other end of the ice. Cameras didn't pick it up. Then Moore and Bertuzzi are wheeling all over the ice mouthing at eachother. It was obvious what was going to happen. Nobody was interested in the puck. But Moore wouldn't face up, kept moving away, and finally as we all saw, Bert lost it and took a swing at him. Had Moore not hit his head on the ice when he went down, it would have been just another incident in a game that was already way over the top, and Bert would have got 10 and a game. The reaction from fans and press was incredibly hypocritical. You invite all forms of violence for 80 minutes, then when somebody actually gets badly hurt, you're outraged??!! Give me a break.

The new rules are ace. Every game I've seen this year has been awesome. Haven't read this whole thread, but has anyone commented on the new diving rule? There's some kind of $ fine involved and I believe a review process. If it works, football should take a closer look at it. Diving is a disease this season -  Dogba was rolling around like a rag doll again on Saturday.

Canadian - nice to see Leafs set an early benchmark: first major moan of the season. We're not through game one and already all the pro-Toronto media is excusing all games for the forseeable future because Sundin is injured. Mats or no Mats, Leafs are going nowhere this season. Too many other good teams better suited to the new rules.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2005, 02:25:38 am »
Amazing! A hockey thread! There's too much on this web site, I'm already going goggle-eyed surfing.

A) Cloutier is absolute shite. For once I agree with Canadian. Canucks are going nowhere with him in net. Put him under pressure, and he folds. Every playoff series he melts down. Anybody want to take a bet he'll have the worst save percentage on shootouts in the NHL? He's already tracking to it. The Wild sure have him figured out. They came out firing high and had six in there by game end. Everybody knows the book on Dan - top shelf. Didn't he let 3 in on 13 shots the other night?

B) As for the Bertuzzi incident, I may be the only person on this thread who was actually at the game. In the context of that game, what happened was entirely predictable. Both teams were going at it, no holds barred. To put Moore out on the ice after what he did to Naslund, for a late shift when the game was already out of control, was inexcusable. On that same shift, there was a fight going on in the corner with the puck the other end of the ice. Cameras didn't pick it up. Then Moore and Bertuzzi are wheeling all over the ice mouthing at eachother. It was obvious what was going to happen. Nobody was interested in the puck. But Moore wouldn't face up, kept moving away, and finally as we all saw, Bert lost it and took a swing at him. Had Moore not hit his head on the ice when he went down, it would have been just another incident in a game that was already way over the top, and Bert would have got 10 and a game. The reaction from fans and press was incredibly hypocritical. You invite all forms of violence for 80 minutes, then when somebody actually gets badly hurt, you're outraged??!! Give me a break.

C) The new rules are ace. Every game I've seen this year has been awesome. Haven't read this whole thread, but has anyone commented on the new diving rule? There's some kind of $ fine involved and I believe a review process. If it works, football should take a closer look at it. Diving is a disease this season -  Dogba was rolling around like a rag doll again on Saturday.

D) Canadian - nice to see Leafs set an early benchmark: first major moan of the season. We're not through game one and already all the pro-Toronto media is excusing all games for the forseeable future because Sundin is injured. Mats or no Mats, Leafs are going nowhere this season. Too many other good teams better suited to the new rules.

A) What is this "for once" stuff?! I'm the godly voice of reason on this website!  :wanker  ;D

B) I have to highly agree with you when it comes to the Bertuzzi incident. I didn't watch the game but I've been regailed by the media and other sources several times concerning the general timeline of events leading up to the cheapshot. Also, I think the injury to Moore was badly compounded by the 600 pounds of hockey players pilling up on him. This factor Bertuzzi had no control over. Anyway the point is that Bertuzzi was unable to prevent his anger from getting the better of him and therefore lost credibility as a professional.

C) Agreed. Diving is a massive problem in futebol and the leagues should do everything they can to cut it out of the game. They should also put in place Salary caps(relatively high to start), and transfer 'budget' caps (say 15m - 20m to start). This would solve the Chelsea problem and would make the game more honest.

D)  :o ::) I'm not going to refute what you've said because I don't have the energy. All I'll say is that I can't wait until they prove you and most of the media wrong.

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2005, 02:53:00 am »
I'm not going to refute what you've said because I don't have the energy.

Like half the Leafs team eh? ;)

It's probably the Toronto media I hate more than the team. Quinn's a decent guy - we used to go to the same barber when he was managing Vancouver. He makes the same mess of my hair as he used to make of Pat's.

I lived in To. for six years. Until you've moved away, you don't realize how Toronto-centric the media is. Every time I see Mackenzie's ugly mush on TV I feel like putting my foot through the screen.

Neither Vancouver nor Toronto will go far in the playoffs this year. I'm getting deja vu already, watching the Canucks. Two games on, one game off. And of course there's the perennial goalie problem.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2005, 04:22:28 am »
Leafs have played well in every game this season. Bar one where they were made to look bad by a certain Aki Berg who caused three goals (reg. time loss against the Habs).

Of the three Leafs defeats, 2 were in shootouts to the cup favorites, and the other was by only one goal.

Since those three games they've won 3 straight.  :wanker

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2005, 05:46:59 pm »
How could I expect anyone from Toronto to look at things objectively?  ::) In fairness, if I still lived there, I'd be pinning all my hopes on the the Leafs too, because if they don't don't do well, Toronto's got nothing: shitty baseball team, shitty football team, lousy weather, ugly city located in ugly countryside on a sewer of a lake. Problem is, they're going to let you down, my friend. I'd stick to Liverpool if I were you.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2005, 07:09:56 pm »
Bloody hell.

The leafs eh?  Love em or hate em it appears.