Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2765769 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #54880 on: November 29, 2019, 12:42:50 am »
Jerra is not happy.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54881 on: November 29, 2019, 01:11:53 am »
and as mediocre as the bills are (in terms of not beating a single decent team) they still had a better team to win tonight.

Your not wrong about their fixture list.  Christ. other than a game against the Pats and possibly Philly its been a cake walk for them.

Three tricky games on the bounce now for the Bills.

Still doesn't take away the fact that the Cowboys are wank though. :)

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #54882 on: November 29, 2019, 04:34:02 am »
Two onsides in a row!

Not often ya see that
YNWA

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #54883 on: November 29, 2019, 11:22:16 am »
Two onsides in a row!

Not often ya see that

Three if you count the one called back as well. Remarkable

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54884 on: November 29, 2019, 11:47:03 am »
Your not wrong about their fixture list.  Christ. other than a game against the Pats and possibly Philly its been a cake walk for them.

Three tricky games on the bounce now for the Bills.

Still doesn't take away the fact that the Cowboys are wank though. :)

It helps being that this year, the NFC conference they have been playing are NFC East, so 4 easier games - that, coupled with 4 games vs Jets and Phins in their own conference, 3 of the 4 games against the AFC North this year being the Bengals, the Browns and the Big Ben-less Steelers, and then as they were third last year, their last 2 fixtures being vs Titans and Broncos. 

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #54885 on: November 29, 2019, 11:53:05 am »
Bills have had the same schedule as the Patriots haven't they?

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #54886 on: November 29, 2019, 01:03:26 pm »
Bills have had the same schedule as the Patriots haven't they?

Over the  16 games it will be more or less identical. Though NE will play a team that last season won their division and the bills will play whoever finished wherever they ended up.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54887 on: November 30, 2019, 10:17:11 am »
"Cowboys not ready to fire Garrett"

Is Moshiri their owner?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #54888 on: November 30, 2019, 10:29:11 am »
the reasoning they gave that a replacement at this point in the season wouldn't give their best chance of doing something relevant does have some merit. but he needs to be gone when the season ends.

though it's always somewhat humourous seeming them fail.

on another note:

The MNF Cat Curse is real

Since the black cat sighting on November 4th, the NFL's cat teams have lost every game they've played. 0-12

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1200617041075429376

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #54889 on: November 30, 2019, 11:29:52 am »
Three if you count the one called back as well. Remarkable

Then only for the QB to get sacked nine times and was it three or even four turnovers for all that trouble. Atlanta's offense really needs no commenting on, their (non)-performance speaks for itself! Generally the defense did their job to give the offensive unit the chance to win that game but little they can do when the offense plays like that. Turning the ball over in the own half and you're in trouble regardless.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 11:31:51 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #54890 on: December 1, 2019, 12:42:26 pm »
Ravens vs 49:ers is definitely going to be a big one. Lamar definitely should find the San Fran defense harder to just run straight through than the sorry Rams bunch last time out.

Chiefs vs Raiders is also a huge game. If Chiefs hold home turf and win, then that should be AFC West over (8-4 + 4-0 vs 6-6 + 2-2), but a Raiders win would make it all wide open. If Chiefs win, they will definitely go to New England on a high to challenge what's been a lacklustre offense lately. If not, suddenly Raiders can gain pole position and regain momentum after their collapse at Jets last weekend.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2019, 12:45:03 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #54891 on: December 1, 2019, 01:46:35 pm »
the reasoning they gave that a replacement at this point in the season wouldn't give their best chance of doing something relevant does have some merit. but he needs to be gone when the season ends.

though it's always somewhat humourous seeming them fail.

;D
NFC East is quite a poor division, no team has a winning record at the mo, Cowboys have winnable games left, but, they're so inconsistent could go 10-6, could also go 6-10, most likely end up going 8-8, games left ;D

@ Bears
home v Rams
@ Eagles
home v Redskins
#Sausages

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54892 on: December 1, 2019, 02:11:57 pm »
Bosa gonna bring Lemar back down to earth later. Literally :)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54893 on: December 1, 2019, 02:15:24 pm »
Bosa gonna bring Lemar back down to earth later. Literally :)

I thought you were speaking Jar Jar Binks for a second. Hahah.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #54894 on: December 1, 2019, 03:55:05 pm »
apparently NE took 2 planes yesterday because they've had some illness going around their squad so they could separate the healthy players from the ones who are or have been ill.

imagine being one of the poor crew on the "sick" plane!!

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #54895 on: December 1, 2019, 04:25:01 pm »
;D
NFC East is quite a poor division, no team has a winning record at the mo, Cowboys have winnable games left, but, they're so inconsistent could go 10-6, could also go 6-10, most likely end up going 8-8, games left ;D

@ Bears
home v Rams
@ Eagles
home v Redskins

Whoever loses NFC East has zero chance of a wildcard and the winner will most likely get booted at home against SF/Seattle/Minnesota with a sizeable margin. Cowboys were dreadful both against Patriots and Bills, whereas Eagles are losing all the time right now.  Sure, playoffs could play with people's nerves but I'd be amazed if the division winners make the NFC semis.
Linudden.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54896 on: December 1, 2019, 04:45:13 pm »
The MNF Cat Curse is real

Since the black cat sighting on November 4th, the NFL's cat teams have lost every game they've played. 0-12

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1200617041075429376

Ha, that's a brilliant stat

« Last Edit: December 1, 2019, 04:47:13 pm by Classycara »

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #54897 on: December 1, 2019, 06:33:11 pm »
Watching the Niners-Ravens game, two excellent teams playing in a monsoon.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #54898 on: December 1, 2019, 09:18:01 pm »
the nfc east continues to be shite.

the only team in it so far winning are washington!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #54899 on: December 1, 2019, 09:28:11 pm »
For me, the Ravens are favourites for the SuperBowl now. They just need Ingram Jr to grind a few more yards on each carry and they will be unbeatable.

Bosa was going to do what? ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #54900 on: December 1, 2019, 09:56:37 pm »
Ugh panthers shit the bed again. Good first quarter then went to sleep and woke up 2 min from time.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #54901 on: December 1, 2019, 10:02:50 pm »
Miami, even the kicker received a pass for a TD, & Phins won :lmao
Steelers somehow beat Cleveland, are now 7-5, :o apparently some of the Steelers players were wearing free Maurkice Pouncey t shirts. :lmao
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #54902 on: December 1, 2019, 10:06:12 pm »
Oh how bad were the Jets that they gave the Bungles the first win of the season :lmao, Jets first team to lose to an 0-7 team & an 0-11 team in the same season :lmao
#Sausages

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #54903 on: December 1, 2019, 10:09:28 pm »
the jets are the jets

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54904 on: December 1, 2019, 11:41:11 pm »
Ugh panthers shit the bed again. Good first quarter then went to sleep and woke up 2 min from time.

Lost to the Redskins. THE REDSKINS!!! How awful.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54905 on: December 1, 2019, 11:41:57 pm »
Eagles :lmao

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #54906 on: December 1, 2019, 11:51:31 pm »
Lost to the Redskins. THE REDSKINS!!! How awful.

I know I was there!!

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #54907 on: December 2, 2019, 12:35:14 am »
EAGLES LOL
JETS LOL

I’m actually gutted we lost to Cowboys and Redskins. What a terrible division that is.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54908 on: December 2, 2019, 12:41:39 am »
For me, the Ravens are favourites for the SuperBowl now. They just need Ingram Jr to grind a few more yards on each carry and they will be unbeatable.

Bosa was going to do what? ;D

The Ravens go favs for the Superbowl on the strength of a last second FG win?

Lets see if they can even get through the Pats and Chiefs first.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #54909 on: December 2, 2019, 06:23:37 am »
Didn't expect to see the Pats losing ;D Ravens now have no 1 seed, looking at the Ravens schedule they should win out,
at Bills
Jets, home
at Browns
Steelers, home
#Sausages

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54910 on: December 2, 2019, 07:54:38 am »
Didn't expect to see the Pats losing ;D Ravens now have no 1 seed, looking at the Ravens schedule they should win out,
at Bills
Jets, home
at Browns
Steelers, home
They should lose to Bills imo.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54911 on: December 2, 2019, 07:58:30 am »
ok i was wrong on Raiders, i thought they turned the corner after going 6-4 but their defense is too much liability. Giving 74 pts in 2 games and scoring only 12 pts.. Damn, don't know which one is worse.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #54912 on: December 2, 2019, 10:03:05 am »
The Ravens go favs for the Superbowl on the strength of a last second FG win?

Lets see if they can even get through the Pats and Chiefs first.

No, they are faves because of how they have been playing, and winning games. Plus they have already beaten both 49 ers and Patriots already.
You don't like them, that's fine. But they are legit.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #54913 on: December 2, 2019, 10:28:24 am »
ok i was wrong on Raiders, i thought they turned the corner after going 6-4 but their defense is too much liability. Giving 74 pts in 2 games and scoring only 12 pts.. Damn, don't know which one is worse.

As I said to a raiders supporting mate of mine last night, they're still relevant in December which is more than I think most thought they'd be.

They also seem to have no receivers.

And a very good and surprising win for BOB and the Texans.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2019, 10:31:40 am by voodoo ray »

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54914 on: December 2, 2019, 10:29:47 am »
No, they are faves because of how they have been playing, and winning games. Plus they have already beaten both 49 ers and Patriots already.

They only beat us (49ers) thanks to some pretty stupid decision making from our sideline) - we were 4 and 1, with 2.5 mins left to go - instead of trying to run the ball, when we'd only  or not go for it and just kick it deep, we decided to try and pass the ball - turning over the ball on downs and making it significantly easier for the Ravens to get into FG range (they only went 39 yards from their 35 - so they wouldn't have been in FG range given it was a 49 yard attempt they scored from if we'd just punted it to the Red Zone for them to start on the 25) - then immediately burning a TO which ended up helping the Ravens to have the time to get into FG range.  We also missed a 51 yard FG (only 2 yards longer than the one Ravens missed) in the 3rd quarter.

So yes they beat us, but it was by the skin of their teeth, in a very close match up, AT home. Jimmy G also out passed Jackson *comprehensively* (15/21 for 165 yards, PCT 71.4%, 7.9 Y/A, 11 Y/C, rating 110.22; vs 14/23 for 105 yards, PCT 60.8%, rating 86.32), our run game was marginally better than theirs from fewer attempts (they made 178 yards from 38, at 4.68 Y/A; we made 174 from 29 at 6 Y/A) - so we made 61 yards further of offense as well (344 vs 283).  All close, but pointing to the 9ers being able to consider themselves a little unlucky.  The main difference was the first period fumble from Jimmy G which gifted the Ravens a TD as it was so deep in our half (23 yard line) - other than that 2 very evenly matched teams, with basically some poor decision making and a poor attempt at a makeable 51 yard FG being the difference between the teams.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #54915 on: December 2, 2019, 10:46:07 am »
As I said to a raiders supporting mate of mine last night, they're still relevant in December which is more than I think most thought they'd be.

They also seem to have no receivers.

And a very good and surprising win for BOB and the Texans.

A generational problem in the defensive backfield too, we only ever seem to have one good DB at best.

As far as receivers go, there`s been the whole Antonio Brown debacle. A healthy and focussed AB would have made a big difference, Tyrell Williams has been in & out injured a lot and inho is only a 3rd/4th speed WR anyway. Hunter Renfrow, 5th round rookie, play ok in the slot is now out injured. A bunch of practice squad types at the other WR position. Trevor Davis is starting! He`s a KR. That leaves the TEs, who have been pretty good but as the main options can be shut down, and the RBs who have offered little. I`d definitely be upgrading from DeAndre Washington & Jalen Richard in the off-season as their running has also been abysmal.

Gruden can scheme a good offense, and our line has played above expectations, but he can`t make bad players play better. The defence needs better personnel, simple as that. Much better against the run this year, possibly because opponents can just launch it up with confidence.

I just wanted to see improvements this season, and 8-8 would be a massive improvement, and still possible. Even 6-10, with better play would be an improvement.

On another note, my Dolphins supporting mates are getting excited by their coaching staff`s performance this season, if little else.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54916 on: December 2, 2019, 10:53:33 am »

Don't dislike them at all mate, even though they are favs just now I don't see how they are nailed on to win Superbowl.  And If Niners don't get to the Superbowl I hope the Ravens go on and win it.

Not like they blew the 49ers out.

We shall see when we get to the business end.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #54917 on: December 2, 2019, 11:19:27 am »
A generational problem in the defensive backfield too, we only ever seem to have one good DB at best.

As far as receivers go, there`s been the whole Antonio Brown debacle. A healthy and focussed AB would have made a big difference, Tyrell Williams has been in & out injured a lot and inho is only a 3rd/4th speed WR anyway. Hunter Renfrow, 5th round rookie, play ok in the slot is now out injured. A bunch of practice squad types at the other WR position. Trevor Davis is starting! He`s a KR. That leaves the TEs, who have been pretty good but as the main options can be shut down, and the RBs who have offered little. I`d definitely be upgrading from DeAndre Washington & Jalen Richard in the off-season as their running has also been abysmal.

Gruden can scheme a good offense, and our line has played above expectations, but he can`t make bad players play better. The defence needs better personnel, simple as that. Much better against the run this year, possibly because opponents can just launch it up with confidence.

I just wanted to see improvements this season, and 8-8 would be a massive improvement, and still possible. Even 6-10, with better play would be an improvement.

On another note, my Dolphins supporting mates are getting excited by their coaching staff`s performance this season, if little else.

that rookie safety who went down in game 1 or 2 seemed alright. small sample size though.

the ravens/9ers game looked like it was always going to come down to who had the ball last and if I was a fan of either team I wouldn't put a great deal on the result. they're both good teams.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54918 on: December 2, 2019, 11:50:42 am »
They only beat us (49ers) thanks to some pretty stupid decision making from our sideline) - we were 4 and 1, with 2.5 mins left to go - instead of trying to run the ball, when we'd only  or not go for it and just kick it deep, we decided to try and pass the ball - turning over the ball on downs and making it significantly easier for the Ravens to get into FG range (they only went 39 yards from their 35 - so they wouldn't have been in FG range given it was a 49 yard attempt they scored from if we'd just punted it to the Red Zone for them to start on the 25) - then immediately burning a TO which ended up helping the Ravens to have the time to get into FG range.  We also missed a 51 yard FG (only 2 yards longer than the one Ravens missed) in the 3rd quarter.

So yes they beat us, but it was by the skin of their teeth, in a very close match up, AT home. Jimmy G also out passed Jackson *comprehensively* (15/21 for 165 yards, PCT 71.4%, 7.9 Y/A, 11 Y/C, rating 110.22; vs 14/23 for 105 yards, PCT 60.8%, rating 86.32), our run game was marginally better than theirs from fewer attempts (they made 178 yards from 38, at 4.68 Y/A; we made 174 from 29 at 6 Y/A) - so we made 61 yards further of offense as well (344 vs 283).  All close, but pointing to the 9ers being able to consider themselves a little unlucky.  The main difference was the first period fumble from Jimmy G which gifted the Ravens a TD as it was so deep in our half (23 yard line) - other than that 2 very evenly matched teams, with basically some poor decision making and a poor attempt at a makeable 51 yard FG being the difference between the teams.

Play that game in decent conditions - and the Ravens running game looks much better (including Jackson).

Ravens are legit. They know how to win, have a rabid crowd and have the x-factor in Jackson.

They are A favorite to get to the Super Bowl.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54919 on: December 2, 2019, 12:40:25 pm »
Play that game in decent conditions - and the Ravens running game looks much better (including Jackson).

Ravens are legit. They know how to win, have a rabid crowd and have the x-factor in Jackson.

They are A favorite to get to the Super Bowl.

Yep, officially slight Fav to win the Superbowl but still currently 10-2 same as three other teams

Telling us they are legit and Jackson is the real deal isn't enlightening anybody really. I think we know that.

As you know the playoffs is where it all happens.