Watford
Newcastle
Wolves
Aston Villa
Brighton
Crystal Palace
Norwich
Southampton

Author Topic: Your three teams to be relegated in 2019-20  (Read 5348 times)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Your three teams to be relegated in 2019-20
« Reply #40 on: November 9, 2019, 05:00:58 pm »
Norwich, Watford and Manchester United.
Believer

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #41 on: November 9, 2019, 05:03:19 pm »
At the start of the season on my coupon i had .

Sheff Utd.
Norwich.
Brighton.

In that order.. ???
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2019, 01:06:01 pm »
The decision not to include Sheffield United has worked out well ;D

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2019, 01:20:02 pm »
The decision not to include Sheffield United has worked out well ;D
we will probably need to do another one after February anyway. These things change so much!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 01:31:40 pm »
Watford are a weird one. They have been solidly mid-table for a few years and I would have put a lot of money on them finishing somewhere between 9th and 15th at the start of the season. Their squad should also be nowhere near a relegation battle. I guess its a consequence of not really changing the playing squad and things going a little bit stale - compounded by bringing in an ex manager who wasn't going to change anything. They also have a habit of jacking it once they become safe so without many new recruits, its probably difficult to get back into the right mindset when a new season begins.

I still reckon they should survive. If they sack Flores and get a decent, motivated manager in then the new manager bounce alone should be enough.

The curse of the cup final.

Could become one of a few clubs who have made it to a final but ended up being relegated (or near enough) soon after. The correlation is quite interesting - does a long cup run take away focus from a relegation battler (Wigan in 2013, Birmingham in 2011, Portsmouth 2010) or do European campaigns create unwanted fixture pile up the next year?

Quite bizarre though really. In the past decade, five clubs from outside what I'd call the traditional top 7 in the PL have reached a Wembley final only to be relegated the same or subsequent season, two more clubs were relegated within a couple of years and two more had terrible seasons the year after their finals and have never really recovered. The only outlier seems to be Stoke in 2011 who stayed at about the same level for years until they went down.

Southampton - EFL Cup final, 2017. Came 8th place that season. Following year they came 17th and avoided the drop by 3 points and looked poor since.
Sunderland - EFL Cup final, 2014. Came a respectable 14th place that season. The following year 16th, then 17th, then 20th and tumbling ever downwards.
Swansea - EFL Cup final, 2013. Had one slightly improved league season, then tailed off to be relegated 4 years later.
Birmingham City - EFL Cup final, 2011. Won the tournament but got relegated.

Palace - FA Cup final, 2016. Disastrous season afterwards and were 19th with 10 games to go. Rescued by a great run at the back end of the season.
Villa - FA Cup final, 2015. Relegated the next year, finishing 20th.
Hull - FA Cup final, 2014. Relegated the next year, finishing 18th.
Wigan - FA Cip final, 2013. Won the tournament but got relegated.
Portsmouth - FA Cup final, 2010. Relegated the same season.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:33:22 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 06:56:43 pm »
The curse of the cup final.

Could become one of a few clubs who have made it to a final but ended up being relegated (or near enough) soon after. The correlation is quite interesting - does a long cup run take away focus from a relegation battler (Wigan in 2013, Birmingham in 2011, Portsmouth 2010) or do European campaigns create unwanted fixture pile up the next year?

Quite bizarre though really. In the past decade, five clubs from outside what I'd call the traditional top 7 in the PL have reached a Wembley final only to be relegated the same or subsequent season, two more clubs were relegated within a couple of years and two more had terrible seasons the year after their finals and have never really recovered. The only outlier seems to be Stoke in 2011 who stayed at about the same level for years until they went down.

Southampton - EFL Cup final, 2017. Came 8th place that season. Following year they came 17th and avoided the drop by 3 points and looked poor since.
Sunderland - EFL Cup final, 2014. Came a respectable 14th place that season. The following year 16th, then 17th, then 20th and tumbling ever downwards.
Swansea - EFL Cup final, 2013. Had one slightly improved league season, then tailed off to be relegated 4 years later.
Birmingham City - EFL Cup final, 2011. Won the tournament but got relegated.

Palace - FA Cup final, 2016. Disastrous season afterwards and were 19th with 10 games to go. Rescued by a great run at the back end of the season.
Villa - FA Cup final, 2015. Relegated the next year, finishing 20th.
Hull - FA Cup final, 2014. Relegated the next year, finishing 18th.
Wigan - FA Cip final, 2013. Won the tournament but got relegated.
Portsmouth - FA Cup final, 2010. Relegated the same season.

FFS.  Not winning trophies has kept Everton up then?  ;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2019, 06:37:55 pm »
I hope Norwich makes it 🙏
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2019, 12:17:14 pm »
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 2, 2020, 06:33:15 am »
Agreed.

Seems like they are the only team that most certainly will go down. It's going to be a real dog fight till the end.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 2, 2020, 12:37:58 pm »
1. Norwich
2. Bournemouth
3. Aston Villa

Watford will stay up Pearce has revived them, Bournemouth can stay up if the sack Eddie Howe but I don't see that happening because he's a fan favourite so they are stuck with him

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #50 on: January 2, 2020, 03:07:19 pm »
1. Norwich
2. Bournemouth
3. Aston Villa

Agreed. Such a pity the blue shite got that boost from Drunken taking temporary charge - did he threaten the players with a kneecapping if they didn't win? Whatever, that December fixture list that looked so tricky, ended with them getting 11 points from 21 and up to mid-table.

Norwich are throwing too many points away from winning positions, sadly. After being the little kid who shouted 'the Emperor's wearing no clothes!' when they went toe to toe with the Abu Dhabi twats, I'd have loved them to stay up.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #51 on: January 2, 2020, 03:11:41 pm »

Agreed. Such a pity the blue shite got that boost from Drunken taking temporary charge - did he threaten the players with a kneecapping if they didn't win? Whatever, that December fixture list that looked so tricky, ended with them getting 11 points from 21 and up to mid-table.

Norwich are throwing too many points away from winning positions, sadly. After being the little kid who shouted 'the Emperor's wearing no clothes!' when they went toe to toe with the Abu Dhabi twats, I'd have loved them to stay up.

Only 5 points off relegation at the moment though. The clubs below them know they are in a dog fight. Everton are in the dangerous area of the table where they will feel fairly safe - but they are not that far from falling into a scrap. They are far from safe - Watford, West Ham and Villa are all showing signs of life. A couple of those clubs on 24/25 points are going to get sucked into the mire.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 2, 2020, 03:13:42 pm »
Only 5 points off relegation at the moment though. The clubs below them know they are in a dog fight. Everton are in the dangerous area of the table where they will feel fairly safe - but they are not that far from falling into a scrap. They are far from safe - Watford, West Ham and Villa are all showing signs of life. A couple of those clubs on 24/25 points are going to get sucked into the mire.
Newcastle could get sucked into it Bruce has history of his teams doing decent in the first half of the season and falling apart in the 2nd half.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #53 on: January 2, 2020, 04:17:31 pm »
Tottenham
Man Utd
Everton

If Carlsburg did football.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 2, 2020, 04:21:09 pm »
Tottenham
Man Utd
Everton

If Carlsburg did football.
Swap Tottenham for Chelsea and I’d agree

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #55 on: January 2, 2020, 04:22:41 pm »
Swap Tottenham for Chelsea and I’d agree

Only if the Special Once wasn't their manager. Otherwise Spurs can go...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 2, 2020, 04:29:27 pm »
Only if the Special Once wasn't their manager. Otherwise Spurs can go...
He'll be off soon, his annual capitulation has already started

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: January 3, 2020, 10:15:06 am »
i'm going for Norwich, Newcastle and Villa

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: January 3, 2020, 11:20:08 am »
Watching 2 of their games recently I just hope its Burnley. The kind of tackles they put in are terrible. Wesleys season is over because of Mees challenge, if they did something like that with one of our players I would be absolutely furious (well I was when they broke Gomez leg last year).

Offline GaryM

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #59 on: January 3, 2020, 01:07:59 pm »
Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth.
"There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team ... For that I admire Liverpool more than anything" Johan Cryuff

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: January 3, 2020, 01:12:46 pm »
Was hoping Villa go down but praying for Burnley now there’s a chance because of their anti-football and shit house tactics. They make Everton look easy on the eye. One big turd of a club that needs flushing.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #61 on: January 3, 2020, 01:41:52 pm »
Burnley, Villa and Bournemouth.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #62 on: January 3, 2020, 01:49:53 pm »
I think it will be Norwich, Bournemouth & Villa

I hope it will be Villa, Burnley & West Ham
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 3, 2020, 01:56:04 pm »

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2020, 01:34:04 am »
Happened to see something insane earlier on: Burnley not only have a really old squad, with an average age of over 29, but according to Transfermarkt 16 of their 23 players have contracts due to expire in the next 18 months. We call the likes of Spurs badly managed but that is staggering. Whether it's this season or the next they're going to hit the buffers fairly soon.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2020, 11:31:47 am »
Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2020, 11:50:38 am »
Newcastle look safe now which is a damn shame, we can but hope they’re properly flushed next season.

Hard to look past the current bottom three but could see Brighton maybe in place of Villa, which would be a shame.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Risto

• Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2020, 07:06:28 am »
Well it won't be Liverpool- The only team mathematically safe at this stage.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2020, 09:54:12 am »
Newcastle look safe now which is a damn shame, we can but hope they’re properly flushed next season.

Hard to look past the current bottom three but could see Brighton maybe in place of Villa, which would be a shame.
West Ham are looking like they are in trouble as well. I think Villa and Watford could stay up at the expense of Bournemouth and West Ham

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2020, 10:43:14 pm »
Need to add West Ham and Bournemouth to the poll

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2020, 10:45:58 pm »
If west ham don't win at the weekend they have such a tough run of games after it, along with a manager who won't be bold enough to get much from them that you'd almost consider them one of the favourites to go down at that point.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2020, 10:48:10 pm »
Norwich, Villa and Watford. I have a soft spot for Bournemouth and hope they stay up!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"