Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 374168 times)

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Meh Scottish Football Thread
« Reply #2800 on: December 29, 2019, 02:45:54 pm »
Quite a title race going on in Scotland, loved seeing Stevie so happy at the end

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2801 on: December 29, 2019, 03:00:14 pm »
Rangers are definitely for real this season. Celtic have been going on autopilot for many years and now have a worse manager than these past few years so if the going gets tough come spring, they could be at their most vulnerable yet.

The problem is, even the likes of Aberdeen roll over for them year after year without even making resistance to they pick up a lot of free points for being Celtic because teams are scared by default and freeze. It seems like everytime Celtic go to somewhere like Pittodrie they get gifted a goal first ten minutes due to the opposition standing still and then cruise to the win. Unless that changes, I'll still say they nick it by a whisker because other teams are still having a go at Rangers.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 03:04:36 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #2802 on: December 29, 2019, 03:02:49 pm »

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #2803 on: January 1, 2020, 01:23:57 am »
Can't really blame Morelos loosing his head in the derby, as per bbc, sky, telegraph, guardian, he had his nuts fondled by Christie, and apparently it's caught on tv too..

Investigation of racist abuse going on too.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #2804 on: January 18, 2020, 06:56:30 pm »
Have Hearts found a Klopp lite in fellow German gegenpressing advocate Daniel Stendel? I certainly hope so.  :champ

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: January 26, 2020, 04:43:19 pm »
Rangers losing 2-1, this probably gifts the league to Celtic.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2806 on: January 30, 2020, 10:23:40 pm »
Backdoor news. Hearts fans one step closer to owning the club. The BidCo Loan - used to save the club has been paid off by the Foundation of Hearts,

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2807 on: February 12, 2020, 09:43:54 pm »
Since winning the Old Firm game, Rangers have fallen apart.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2808 on: February 12, 2020, 09:48:08 pm »
Since winning the Old Firm game, Rangers have fallen apart.

Gaun the Killie.

I don’t think Stevie has the stuff. He’s par at best as a Rangers manager.
I think his judgment is questionable, I’m not sure what identity his team has & the way he’s bought into the culture of the club is troubling.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2809 on: February 12, 2020, 09:48:42 pm »
Yet another officiating robbery on them. Perfectly fine goal disallowed at 1-1 just before Kilmarnock got the winner, Kilmarnock's equaliser was a blatant handball. Morelos booked for diving - fair enough yet Dicker done exactly the same and got nothing, probably because he was already on a yellow and had to walk.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2810 on: February 12, 2020, 09:52:13 pm »
Yet another officiating robbery on them. Perfectly fine goal disallowed at 1-1 just before Kilmarnock got the winner, Kilmarnock's equaliser was a blatant handball. Morelos booked for diving - fair enough yet Dicker done exactly the same and got nothing, probably because he was already on a yellow and had to walk.

Weird my (admittedly biased) mates say Killie were best throughout.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2811 on: February 13, 2020, 08:45:53 am »
You should cry about it

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2812 on: February 13, 2020, 08:57:59 am »
You should cry about it

Kinda ironic considering two things; the historical advantages "The Rangers" have had in that department, and the identity of last nights ref.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2813 on: February 13, 2020, 09:52:07 am »
You should cry about it

There’s enough tears from you already ya little weirdo.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2814 on: February 13, 2020, 10:04:18 am »
Rangers flatter to deceive.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: February 13, 2020, 10:21:55 am »

Rangers are not really in a position to complain about poor officiating. Did Morellos not dive twice in that game and could have been sent ? .Gerrard's not complaining about it, he's blaming himself, not moaning or crying. Good on him for that and all.  I think Gerrard is doing a really good job there, but Rangers are miles behind Celtic when it comes to consistency and hammering the shittier teams.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: February 13, 2020, 10:29:39 am »
Rangers are not really in a position to complain about poor officiating. Did Morellos not dive twice in that game and could have been sent ? .Gerrard's not complaining about it, he's blaming himself, not moaning or crying. Good on him for that and all.  I think Gerrard is doing a really good job there, but Rangers are miles behind Celtic when it comes to consistency and hammering the shittier teams.

Good for them. And no he didn't, one was a dive, one he was pushed over.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2817 on: February 13, 2020, 10:32:37 am »

He also blamed the player’s mentality. Said they couldn’t handle the pressure chasing Celtic.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: February 13, 2020, 10:37:09 am »
He also blamed the player’s mentality. Said they couldn’t handle the pressure chasing Celtic.

Yep. Strong words but if they are going to get anywhere near Celtic they need players who can handle pressure I guess

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2819 on: February 13, 2020, 10:41:00 am »
Going by Rangers forum, their fans aren't best pleased with Gerrard. They do agree that he's improved them especially in Europe but apparently his style of play, tactical decisions and timing of substitution is leaving a lot to be desired. He's also not got a plan B when plan A isn't going well. They signed Hagi who's meant to be a number 10- he's being played on the wings and it was the same with Aribo who's a centre mid but he gets played on the right wing as well.

There's big pressure on him to win something this year. Be interesting to see if he's still in the job next season if they don't win the cup.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2820 on: February 13, 2020, 10:43:17 am »
Good for them. And no he didn't, one was a dive, one he was pushed over.

Went down very very easy though, as usual. He also pushed their defender for the Rangers disallowed goal.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:27:03 pm by slaphead »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2821 on: February 13, 2020, 10:45:06 am »
Going by Rangers forum, their fans aren't best pleased with Gerrard. They do agree that he's improved them especially in Europe but apparently his style of play, tactical decisions and timing of substitution is leaving a lot to be desired. He's also not got a plan B when plan A isn't going well. They signed Hagi who's meant to be a number 10- he's being played on the wings and it was the same with Aribo who's a centre mid but he gets played on the right wing as well.

There's big pressure on him to win something this year. Be interesting to see if he's still in the job next season if they don't win the cup.

Seems distantly familiar...

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2822 on: February 14, 2020, 06:38:43 am »
Went down very very easy though, as usual. He also pushed their defender for the Rangers disallowed goal.

The "push" on that defender was propably the worst mistake the referee made in that game.

It is only after he realises he's made a fuckup of a judgement and will miss the ball with his jump that he starts to exaggerate the contact with Morelos.

Funny as fuck as he twitches and turns mid air like he was in one of Faradays electricity displays, not so much when you consider Morelos got his yellow for far less acting.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2823 on: February 14, 2020, 09:12:51 am »
The "push" on that defender was propably the worst mistake the referee made in that game.

It is only after he realises he's made a fuckup of a judgement and will miss the ball with his jump that he starts to exaggerate the contact with Morelos.

Funny as fuck as he twitches and turns mid air like he was in one of Faradays electricity displays, not so much when you consider Morelos got his yellow for far less acting.

That's what all defenders do though in that situation. It's what keepers do too whey they are made contact with. You see it all the time. Morellos is diving cheating little twat, he'll go down with the faintest of touches, so when he gets penalised for a push that's exaggerated, he cant complain. I watch a little Scottish football, mainly because a few of my mates are Celtic fans and I'll watch a bit with them, but its great seeing the likes of Kilmarnock beating Rangers (and Celtic), their fans really can't accept it.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2824 on: February 14, 2020, 09:35:23 am »
That's what all defenders do though in that situation. It's what keepers do too whey they are made contact with. You see it all the time. Morellos is diving cheating little twat, he'll go down with the faintest of touches, so when he gets penalised for a push that's exaggerated, he cant complain. I watch a little Scottish football, mainly because a few of my mates are Celtic fans and I'll watch a bit with them, but its great seeing the likes of Kilmarnock beating Rangers (and Celtic), their fans really can't accept it.

Having a go at one "cheat" then defending cheating in another sentence.  ;D ;D Though the Celtic "friends" says it all.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2825 on: February 14, 2020, 10:33:30 am »
Having a go at one "cheat" then defending cheating in another sentence.  ;D ;D Though the Celtic "friends" says it all.

Defending ? Wasn't defending anyone, stating the obvious. There is a difference. The Celtic "friends" says what exactly ?  Read the post again. Its great when Celtic get beat by the lesser teams. Nothing to with anything else so please, don't even go there. Good lad

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2826 on: February 14, 2020, 10:50:15 am »
Defending ? Wasn't defending anyone, stating the obvious. There is a difference. The Celtic "friends" says what exactly ?  Read the post again. Its great when Celtic get beat by the lesser teams. Nothing to with anything else so please, don't even go there. Good lad

Yes, defending. You happily have a go at Morelos for flinging himself to the floor, calling him a "cheating twat" etc yet when a Kilmarnock defender does it it's all "ahh everyone does that, Morelos can't complain". Is the defender not a cheating twat too? Bit of a change in tune. Diving is either bad or it's not.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2827 on: February 14, 2020, 11:23:30 am »
Yes, defending. You happily have a go at Morelos for flinging himself to the floor, calling him a "cheating twat" etc yet when a Kilmarnock defender does it it's all "ahh everyone does that, Morelos can't complain". Is the defender not a cheating twat too? Bit of a change in tune. Diving is either bad or it's not.

hahaha you're a very confrontational little fella aren't you ?  You call it defending if you like. The Kilmarnock defender is a diving little twat too like. Makes me chuckle when Morellos complains about diving though. He's fun to watch though I'll give him that.
Despite what it looks like you were insinuating, Rangers and Celtic mean nothing to me, I'd sooner see Ross County win the league than them.
Just a shame the league is more or less over up there yet again in February

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2828 on: February 14, 2020, 12:24:06 pm »

That's where the call comes from. Infamity of Morelos.

to be honest I think the ref lost the game in the moment where Kent was dragged to the ground after the whistle, and choose to shit his pants instead of carding the killie player.

edit: I know he carded them both, thus he was just highlighting the issue of him being out of his depth.

After that it was all shambles.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:28:25 pm by dimwit »

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: February 14, 2020, 12:54:47 pm »
I love Rangers fans whining about occasional bad decisions,  when they've had more than a century of every possible advantage in this league: most money, more fans, most political influence,  refs in their pocket.

They were the archetypal establishment club before they killed themselves with greed & corruption,  but still had the gall to blame everyone else for what they did. They were fast tracked as a new company into the league. Still everyone else is to blame. They lose one game & they act as if it's an affront to nature. In sport, as in life, no one owes you anything,  and you don't deserve anything you don't earn. Lots of them are already turning on Stevie & hating on a ref whom is infamously one of them.

For those people based in England,  let me tell you the common impression of Rangers as a club, without getting into the reasons for the bigotry that beknights it: in England their fans are seen as the equivalent of a shaven headed Chelsea fan, England away supporter.  A Leaver who doesn't understand the self harm he's doing. That's a shame for people who just want to follow their team, but over the years the club has done very little to change that image.

In a pub up here voicing that opinion would soon cause a fight. On other forums I'd be called all sorts of sectarian names, despite my upbringing to the contrary. In their minds it's a struggle between two sides & people go about their daily lives firmly believing there's a conspiracy against them.

Scottish football is the ideal vehicle to divide & rule people who are in fact very similar. It's why I first stopped going to OF games at Rugby Park, the atmosphere was poisonous,  then gave up going at all. Its a racket, an ugly one at that.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2830 on: February 15, 2020, 12:01:37 pm »
Any thoughts on the increasing amount of racism in the Scottish game? Is it the growth of nationalism there, or has it been there for years and now people are taking it seriously at last?

There's a thing in the Times today, behind the paywall unfortunately.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kilmarnocks-alex-dyer-hits-out-at-racism-after-claim-rangers-player-was-abused-rwjgmzcjn
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: March 4, 2020, 09:17:05 pm »
I'll be surprised if Gerrard sees out the season at this rate
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: March 4, 2020, 09:35:35 pm »
Since the winter break, they have been horrific. I dont think he should be sacked ( if it continues like this ) but I could understand if it happened.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2833 on: March 4, 2020, 09:39:26 pm »
I'd be surprised if they could afford to sack him. They gave him a new contract not long ago.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2834 on: March 4, 2020, 09:42:25 pm »
I'll be surprised if Gerrard sees out the season at this rate
Yeah agreed apart from the Braga game since the win at Celtic park it's all gone pare shaped.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2835 on: March 4, 2020, 09:55:42 pm »
Since the winter break, they have been horrific. I dont think he should be sacked ( if it continues like this ) but I could understand if it happened.

31 attempts
9 on target

Didn't see the game tonight but apart from putting the ball in the net they're doing something right.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #2836 on: March 12, 2020, 11:31:03 am »
Hearts are going down beating by St Mirren last night. Imagine getting relegated and getting to the Scottish cup final could happen this year.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2837 on: April 1, 2020, 04:42:53 pm »
Celtic pulling a Spurs, all staff out to furlough. Hardly what I would call a struggling enterprise.

Although, at least they are making up the extra 20%

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-place-staff-furlough-hoops-21793486
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #2838 on: April 11, 2020, 11:58:41 am »
The GFA & SPFL now behaving in a blatantly corrupt way to get their proposal over the line while dismissing any others put forward as legally unworkable. But it's okay for them to change the voting system in the top flight to engineer celtic getting their 9th (although it really would only be 8.79) title. 

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #2839 on: April 11, 2020, 02:31:24 pm »
Apparently Rangers fans have decided that if Celtic are awarded the title it should have an asterisk beside it. Either Rangers fans have short memories or are masters of the ironic  :D