Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 87932 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2012, 04:38:59 pm »
She looks good in a fishnet body suit.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2012, 04:43:29 pm »
Looks good naked aswell.

...Anyone know why Google's crashed?

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2012, 06:59:39 pm »
Finished all of TNG last week.

It was still kind of cheesy but definitely still had a season or two left in it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2012, 07:19:09 pm »
Preferred Ezri Dax myself.  Marina Sirtis ain't too bad but she's a Spuds' fan.  :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2012, 08:51:20 pm »
Preferred Ezri Dax myself.  Marina Sirtis ain't too bad but she's a Spuds' fan.  :(
she's Greek and from north London, she had little chance.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2012, 03:28:39 pm »
she had the best breasticles really. pretty much puts her number one for me. dax was a little flat.

Belana Torres? Cant get past her big head. funny because fernando has the same thing ;)
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 17, 2012, 04:09:51 pm »
Didn't Graeme Souness shag Councillor Troy??
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 17, 2012, 04:15:13 pm »
Didn't Graeme Souness shag Councillor Troy??
It seems she turned to him after getting turned down by Joe Kinnear. What a world we live in.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2012, 05:39:59 pm »
what times we live in no ones mentions 7/9 or T'Pol LOL or Jhadzia Dax
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:16:04 pm by Magic8Ball »
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 7, 2012, 11:44:19 pm »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2012, 05:29:33 pm »
TNG Season 1 bluray is out.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2012, 07:29:51 pm »

so, can that be torrented?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2012, 07:36:32 pm »
so, can that be torrented?
It can be downloaded from most reputable torrent sites, and some not so reputable sites, as we speak.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2012, 07:41:49 pm »
dunno if i can watch it again though. quality show at the time and i loved it. 80s tv is hard to watch. maybe best for me to leave it in the past

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2012, 08:39:28 pm »
Worst season of TNG ever, apart from Tash exploring Data's "fully functional" capability, that was fun ;)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2012, 08:53:08 pm »
Worst season of TNG ever, apart from Tash exploring Data's "fully functional" capability, that was fun ;)
Yeah, this and most of Season 2 are a slog, until they find their feet/Roddenberry got too sick to be totally involved.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2012, 10:56:02 pm »

Just watched these a couple of weeks ago (All series one) and To be fair they were still exploring their roles. And the writers were stuck in the 'action!! Action!!! ACTION!!!" frame of mind from the way the original Star Trek was filmed - every week was a cliffhanger and every week there was someone being taken over or something nuts happening. But it was a decent intro to a new show I thought with some cracking episodes.

Encounter a Far Point was intriguing. Data finding Lore (And the Crystalline Entity) was a good one. Revisiting an original Star Trek episode and bringing up the history was good I thought as was seeing the good Doctor. Where no one has gone before was a great episode and set an arc on Wesley to be a Traveller (Pun there from an old RPG as well). The Battle was great as well IMO. Seeing the Holodeck for the first time (Dixon Hill) was a good moment. Also - Drug Dealing in the Star Trek universe - not explored really before in Symbiosis. Of course there were also some dire ones - like Code of Honour, the Weapons planet and the Ferengi Old Civillisation geezer but I got the impression they ran out of cash for these. The early ones were ropey as well because a lot of the crew thought it was going to be cancelled pretty much there and then :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2012, 10:58:35 pm »
It all kicked off in the second series when the Borg showed up.

Greatest ever alien?.....Have we ever had a greatest ever alien thread?... or even a greatest ever Alien weapon thread?

Or am coming across abar the age of 8 here.....hmmmm
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2012, 11:20:47 pm »
The Borg were excellent, until I, Borg. Voyager ruined them further, although First Contact redeemed them quite a bit.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2012, 11:31:01 pm »
Yup, the Borg were great and you're not wrong with the I-borg one.

Q and the Q continuum were absolute dog do-do for me. I could deal with the whole temperal rift/ space-time contimuum stuff, but the Q thingy just got on me tits.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2012, 11:38:55 pm »
Yup, the Borg were great and you're not wrong with the I-borg one.

Q and the Q continuum were absolute dog do-do for me. I could deal with the whole temperal rift/ space-time contimuum stuff, but the Q thingy just got on me tits.

Q and the Borg were the lazy choice for TNG/VGR episodes for me. The Borg were initially genuinely scary and really powerful, but got overused and underdeveloped, pretty much like the Daleks in the modern Dr Who.

On the aforementioned subject of the best villain, you can't beat Gul Dukat in DS9.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2012, 11:41:10 pm »
Fuckin nerds.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2012, 11:46:18 pm »
Fuckin nerds.

I would have went with "Fuckin Geeks", lol, lol, lol

Just kidding.......up to people what they are really into...... :o
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2012, 12:19:19 am »
Q is a fucking knob.

Oh sorry, wrong thread! :wave

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2012, 12:49:09 am »
I would have went with "Fuckin Geeks", lol, lol, lol

Just kidding.......up to people what they are really into...... :o
Nah its not, they are all sad twats.

Everyone knows Garak is was and always will be the best ST character evah!
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: July 25, 2012, 12:50:13 am »
Nah its not, they are all sad twats.

Everyone knows Garak is was and always will be the best ST character evah!
fuck off back to the Dredd topic, twat face.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2012, 01:02:56 am »
fuck off back to the Dredd topic, twat face.
Fuck you, you know Garak was the man!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2012, 01:08:51 am »
I'm curious to see how it looks in HD but I don't think I can be arsed to watch season 1 again, last time I saw some repeats it hadn't aged well at all imo (unlike some of the later episodes which are still sensational like the Inner Light and Yesterday's Enterprise). Maybe I'll just download an episode or two to see how it looks.

Q and the Borg were the lazy choice for TNG/VGR episodes for me. The Borg were initially genuinely scary and really powerful, but got overused and underdeveloped, pretty much like the Daleks in the modern Dr Who.

I remember the first time I watched TNG (it would have been about 96 /97 when they repeated the whole run in broadcast order on bbc2), those episodes building up to the Borg starting with the one where Q transports the enterprise miles away to meet them blew my mind. It was all so well done and that one Borg cube seemed so powerful. Fast forward a few years and by the time Rick Berman and Brannon Braga had used and abused them in Voyager they just seemed like a joke.

On the aforementioned subject of the best villain, you can't beat Gul Dukat in DS9.

Fuck yeah. Great to have an antagonist with real depth. A couple of years ago I watched the last 3 series of DS9 again in the space of about a week and it was just brilliant. I'd love to have another series like that again.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2012, 01:09:18 am »
Ahem, abuse rules still apply even in geekdom.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2012, 01:16:14 am »
Ahem, abuse rules still apply even in geekdom.
Umm we's not being serious.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2012, 01:24:24 am »
Umm we's not being serious.
we weren't?

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2012, 01:28:53 am »
we weren't?
No course not, I like Star Trek. I hate you tho you fucker.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2012, 02:20:20 am »
They've redone all the special effects shots - have to say it's quite impressive (more than some of the stories from seasons 1 and 2 anyway ;))

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_VYn4uHtgE?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e_VYn4uHtgE?fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wis3HpE5onY?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Wis3HpE5onY?fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MlklrWYsDLY?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MlklrWYsDLY?fs=1</a>

I wouldn't fork over cash for them - but the changes do look damn fine. Hope they do the same for DS9 :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2012, 02:42:00 am »
Looks quite good....could be worth magically downloading for "free" from some new fangled, ingenius method  :o :o :o
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2012, 02:47:27 am »
Looks quite good....could be worth magically downloading for "free" from some new fangled, ingenius method  :o :o :o
Beam them down, Forrest.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2012, 02:48:16 am »
No course not, I like Star Trek. I hate you tho you fucker.
at least you hold me in higher regard than I do you.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #236 on: July 25, 2012, 03:23:38 am »

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:01 am »
I just got Farpoint to see what it was like and there is a dude in dress, I dont remember that. I'm dying laughing right now.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2012, 04:24:36 am »
How could you forget that? The man dress got drooped very quickly.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2012, 04:30:40 am »
I've read some of the posts on this thread and am not sure what it's about.  ???

However, been catching up on the original series recently. What amazes me is how they go from totally classic episode to totally shite episode from week to week. Still love all of it.

Anyway.. ignore this and carry on..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:34:13 am by Les Willis »