Author Topic: Previous incidents and near misses at Hillsborough  (Read 75 times)

Offline The Tenacious Kennedy

• Determined to end the Lies. Don't f*ck with this cat!
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • "They were organised; we were not"
Previous incidents and near misses at Hillsborough
« on: Yesterday at 01:04:45 pm »
I’ve compiled a history of incidents and near misses at Hillsborough.

The deaths in 1989 weren’t the first crush deaths at Hillsborough and 1989 wasn’t even the first disaster at Hillsborough.

This is a compilation of research done over many years (largely 2012 to 2016) by people on the RAWK Campaigns Forum, with the relevant finds being shared at the time with the HJC/ HFSG legal teams

https://x.com/wrong_kennedy/status/1779856986093347191?s=61&t=qf9cqsYafo-ClF_k9yLIIQ
Follow me on Twitter @wrong_kennedy

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Previous incidents and near misses at Hillsborough
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:59:34 pm »
Why exactly was it restored to the semi-final roster? Was there lobbying from the club because they were losing out on gate receipts?

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
Re: Previous incidents and near misses at Hillsborough
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:50:57 pm »
Why exactly was it restored to the semi-final roster? Was there lobbying from the club because they were losing out on gate receipts?
It was taken off semi-finals after the crush in 1981. I think it was the addition of lateral fences on the Leppings Lane terrace in 1985 that led to its restoration. Of course, those fences made things worse rather than better but in the eyes of the FA SWFC had done something to tackle the problem.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.