Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605583 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Spurs
« Reply #6600 on: November 20, 2017, 12:46:25 am »
Gerrard was injured I take it (or suspended)?

yeah must have been!

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6601 on: November 20, 2017, 01:26:57 am »
That record is absolutely true, i think its one win at arsenal, 1 at liverpool, 2 at Man utd, and none at Chelsea, since the premier league began. In fairness for more than half that time they were a bit of a joke, fluttering between relegation battles and midtable obscurity, its only in the last 2/3 years that theyve become the best team in europe. They're like man city, without the money, or the trophies, or the quality players.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6602 on: November 20, 2017, 02:07:44 am »
How can that be true?, they beat Real Madrid in the World Cup final, they have the reincarnation of Pele in Dele Alli and they've won a second place championship trophy, how can the greatest club side of all time be so insipid away from home against decent teams?, it's almost as if they don't have the mentalateh (as Tate would say).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6603 on: November 20, 2017, 09:11:13 am »
They beat Real Madrid.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6604 on: November 20, 2017, 09:28:11 am »
Not sure what all the fuss is regarding Danny Rose (other clubs wanting him and Spurs fans desperate to keep him) he's 27 and only managed to start 25+ league games twice. If you're spending a lot of money on someone you'd expect them to be able to play a lot.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #6605 on: November 20, 2017, 11:18:18 am »
Used 11v11.com and came up with  1/23 against us, 2/28 v United,1/25 against Arsenal and 0/27 v Chelsea !! That's a total of 4/103 !! :lmao
Big, big club though. BIG.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6606 on: November 20, 2017, 12:04:51 pm »
How can that be true?, they beat Real Madrid in the World Cup final, they have the reincarnation of Pele in Dele Alli and they've won a second place championship trophy, how can the greatest club side of all time be so insipid away from home against decent teams?, it's almost as if they don't have the mentalateh (as Tate would say).

Love this.

All the Spurs fans on the weekend whinging about bad decision for free kick opener zzzzz

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6607 on: November 20, 2017, 12:19:29 pm »
Love this.

All the Spurs fans on the weekend whinging about bad decision for free kick opener zzzzz

I'd hope they where more worried about how little desire their team played with, apart from a couple players. No fight or anything in them. Mad to be out worked and out fought by Arsenal of all teams.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #6608 on: November 20, 2017, 12:27:49 pm »
I know Spurs fans who like to take the piss out of Liverpool at every possible opportunity.

So, whatever boys. I hope this golden team at Spurs goes the way of England to be honest. Poch is a good manager but every manager has to win things (Klopp included naturally).

Spurs should bust a gut to win something this season.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
« Reply #6609 on: November 20, 2017, 12:29:14 pm »
That stat is something you'd expect coming out of a small club, hilarious.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6610 on: November 20, 2017, 12:30:12 pm »
I know Spurs fans who like to take the piss out of Liverpool at every possible opportunity.

Likewise the ones I know.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #6611 on: November 20, 2017, 03:55:26 pm »
Gerrard was injured I take it (or suspended)?

Poulsen and Spearing's form kept Gerrard out of the team

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #6612 on: November 20, 2017, 04:30:27 pm »
That record is absolutely true, i think its one win at arsenal, 1 at liverpool, 2 at Man utd, and none at Chelsea, since the premier league began. In fairness for more than half that time they were a bit of a joke, fluttering between relegation battles and midtable obscurity, its only in the last 2/3 years that theyve become the best team in europe. They're like man city, without the money, or the trophies, or the quality players.

That last line. Savage!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
« Reply #6613 on: November 20, 2017, 07:32:14 pm »
It is a two way street the rivalry but it mirrors the Liverpool Everton rivalry in that we are constantly belittling them, and they are constantly angry with us. So we sing "it's happened again" " you'll always be shit" , which is largely football related. And they respond with "fuck you woolwich" "scum"
 " come daan seven sisters we ll sort you aat, caants" 
They probably get more aggressive than evertonians. The difference is they are actually a very good team while Everton are a bit of a joke, but I think Spurs were much better last season than this and didn't get enough credit then but are getting ridiculously hyped this time round. That brings its own pressure. Pretty much everyone had them beating us yesterday and some journos had the Spurs 11 in a combined north London team, even though we'd won 10 in a row at home in the league, now they are being called bottlers, for not winning at a place where they never win. It's pretty funny.

Im guessing you don't know many evertonians😂 Proper little mans syndrome with the ev!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6614 on: November 20, 2017, 09:58:19 pm »
Out today on dvd, blu ray and download

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6615 on: November 20, 2017, 10:53:37 pm »

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6616 on: November 20, 2017, 11:41:14 pm »
Out today on dvd, blu ray and download

Man, who has the time to make these hahaha. That looks like a real DVD, I was actually worried for a second.

The worst part is I saw Moussa Sissoko on the cast list and thought "Wtf we didn't have Sissoko that year???". We did. This is his second season with us. Wtf  ;D
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6617 on: November 20, 2017, 11:58:48 pm »
Man, who has the time to make these hahaha. That looks like a real DVD, I was actually worried for a second.

The worst part is I saw Moussa Sissoko on the cast list and thought "Wtf we didn't have Sissoko that year???". We did. This is his second season with us. Wtf  ;D
i like how Janssen gets a credit and kane doesnt

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6618 on: November 21, 2017, 01:19:53 am »
i like how Janssen gets a credit and kane doesnt
Well he scored a lot of important penalties last season.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #6619 on: November 21, 2017, 10:36:59 pm »
Credit where it's due...

Unbeaten in the group, double over Dortmund and they took 4 pts off Madrid. Kane scored 6 goals (Bob had 5).

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6620 on: November 21, 2017, 10:40:23 pm »
They beat Real Madrid.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6621 on: November 21, 2017, 10:40:57 pm »
They beat Real Madrid.

Like a moth to a flame.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #6622 on: November 22, 2017, 07:52:02 am »
They beat Real Madrid.
Amazing, has anyone else ever done that before? Just give them the trophy already.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6623 on: November 22, 2017, 09:31:26 am »
Amazing, has anyone else ever done that before? Just give them the trophy already.

I'd happily accept the trophy now if you're offering.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #6624 on: November 22, 2017, 10:01:24 am »
Quality performance last night. Davinson Sanchez is absolutely top class. For 21 years old he already looks a top class CL level CB. Bar one or two moments in the first half which wasn't necessarily his fault individually he kept Aubameyang in his pocket.

Nof often you see a CB match a striker like Auba for pace and strength.

We had a difficult defeat last saturday but Kane Alli and Winks weren't fit and a terrible referring decision lost us the game so I won't read too much into it.

Winks last night was amazing. Ran the midfield away in Dortmund.

At the end of the day, you Liverpool fans can try to take the piss but I still think we are a better side and you should concentrate on fixing your sider rather than taking the piss out of a better team than you. It seems you guys just don't know how to defend and it will always be your undoing. We walked the toughest CL group and you guys let a 3 goal lead slip in Sevilla. Terrible!

Nah only joking. It's just banter isn't it. Bring it on  :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6625 on: November 22, 2017, 10:02:46 am »
I'd happily accept any trophy you're offering.

:wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6626 on: November 22, 2017, 10:24:35 am »
And like night that follows day.

Primativ vanishes after a loss and returns when they win and then dismisses the loss as a blip/ref decision/injuries/and planet Saturn knocked off it's axis and then has a sly dig at us.

#Swagger
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• Kopite
« Reply #6627 on: November 22, 2017, 10:33:22 am »
And like night that follows day.

Primativ vanishes after a loss and returns when they win and then dismisses the loss as a blip/ref decision/injuries/and planet Saturn knocked off it's axis and then has a sly dig at us.

#Swagger

The blatant incorrect refereeing decision to award Arsenal a foul against Davinson Sanchez when in every possible way it was just great defending, the one that arsenal directly scored from whilst also then being offside?

Yeah I mean that had NOTHING to do with Spurs losing.

Spurs were terrible on Saturday but that moment directly led to us losing. Before then, who knows what may have happened. It's fine watch Arsenal lose to Burnley this weekend now they have won their final. ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6628 on: November 22, 2017, 10:39:24 am »

Spurs were terrible on Saturday but that moment directly led to us losing. Before then, who knows what may have happened. It's fine watch Arsenal lose to Burnley this weekend now they have won their final. ;D

This is hilarious. Arsenal have won cup finals recently, remind us when you last won one  ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:41:08 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #6629 on: November 22, 2017, 10:39:55 am »
It's difficult not to take the piss out of Spurs fans even when you accept they're the better team.

A mate of mine reckoned when they finished third in a two horse that they were still better than the actual league champions.

Then there's the best team over two seasons award.....
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

• Kopite
« Reply #6630 on: November 22, 2017, 11:20:50 am »
This is hilarious. Arsenal have won cup finals recently, remind us when you last won one  ;D

Nothing, but let's be honest, all Arsenal have to shout about now is beating Spurs at home, and they only managed that with the help of terrible refereeing decisions.

Winning domestic cups are nice to supplement CL runs and PL title challenges and top 4 finishes, but if you end up in the Europa league the following season, well, it's not great is it.

I think you'll find Spurs fans are far happier with the direction and performances of their side these last few seasons than Arsenal fans, FA Cups or not. We have world class players like Lloris and Kane committed to the team, with an upcoming young progressive manager who is the talk of Europe and linked with the biggest jobs around, they have their world class players Sanchez and Ozil wanting to leave and are leaving in just 6 months on a free contract and a dinaosuar manager who the fans want sacked.

There is a bigger picture than just FA Cups, but you know that. Let me turn it round on you, do you think Liverpool are in a better place than Arsenal at the moment? Bearing in mind they have won 2 FA Cups recently and you haven't?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6631 on: November 22, 2017, 11:31:20 am »
Nothing, but let's be honest, all Arsenal have to shout about now is beating Spurs at home, and they only managed that with the help of terrible refereeing decisions.

Winning domestic cups are nice to supplement CL runs and PL title challenges and top 4 finishes, but if you end up in the Europa league the following season, well, it's not great is it.

I think you'll find Spurs fans are far happier with the direction and performances of their side these last few seasons than Arsenal fans, FA Cups or not. We have world class players like Lloris and Kane committed to the team, with an upcoming young progressive manager who is the talk of Europe and linked with the biggest jobs around, they have their world class players Sanchez and Ozil wanting to leave and are leaving in just 6 months on a free contract and a dinaosuar manager who the fans want sacked.

There is a bigger picture than just FA Cups, but you know that. Let me turn it round on you, do you think Liverpool are in a better place than Arsenal at the moment? Bearing in mind they have won 2 FA Cups recently and you haven't?

Would I say Liverpool are in a better place than Arsenal? Yes because of the contract situations etc you mentioned. I don't think you can say that beating Spurs is Arsenal's final though, they've played more important games recently and won them.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6632 on: November 22, 2017, 11:36:45 am »
They beat Real Madrid.

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6633 on: November 22, 2017, 11:49:09 am »

I'll be honest with you, bar Man City just now, i don't think there's a lot between the rest of the top 5. We all have different strengths & weaknesses. Unfortunately, 4 doesn't go into 6 that well, so 2 teams will always miss out on CL qualification (unless 1 wins the Europa League). I wouldn't dismiss any of the teams that miss out for the following season. All it takes is 1 decent transfer window (or 1 poor 1) & things can change.

If Liverpool finish 5th for instance this year, do i dismiss them the following year? No, because with Naby  Keita signing, perhaps Van Dijk etc i think they can & will improve again.

That's why talk of power shifts, momentum swings is nonsense. Things change on season, or even within a season. Managers come & go, players come & go, so it's too difficult to make any bold predictions.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:53:59 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6634 on: November 22, 2017, 11:56:37 am »
I'll be honest with you, bar Man City just now, i don't think there's a lot between the rest of the top 5. We all have different strengths & weaknesses. Unfortunately, 4 doesn't go into 6 that well, so 2 teams will always miss out on CL qualification (unless 1 wins the Europa League). I wouldn't dismiss any of the teams that miss out for the following season. All it takes is 1 decent transfer window (or 1 poor 1) & things can change.

If Liverpool finish 5th for instance this year, do i dismiss them the following year? No, because with Naby  Keita signing, perhaps Van Dijk etc i think they can & will improve again.

That's why talk of power shifts, momentum swings is nonsense. Things change on season, or even within a season. Managers come & go, players come & go, so it's too difficult to make any bold predictions.

Very sensible post.

I remember Gary Neville predicting a Chelsea 'dynasty' as John Terry was lifting the title at the end of the 14-15 season. Within six months Mourinho was sacked and they ended up finishing tenth.

Football is about the present, not the future.

• Kopite
« Reply #6635 on: November 22, 2017, 12:12:15 pm »

I agree. There isn't a lot at all. What seperates us all is generally consistency against the lesser teams. Not who gets themselves up for the bigger games a few times a season.

A lot of the talk about momentum shifts is just media hype. I'm more focussed on Spurs and what we do. My point was more that, there seems to be a lot more positivity and momentum around Spurs than Arsenal and I don't think that's media hype, I think that is largely felt across the support groups of both clubs and I don't think two FA cups recently have really changed that in Arsenals favour.

It can all change this season of course. That's football!

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6636 on: November 22, 2017, 12:12:37 pm »
Very sensible post.

I remember Gary Neville predicting a Chelsea 'dynasty' as John Terry was lifting the title at the end of the 14-15 season. Within six months Mourinho was sacked and they ended up finishing tenth.

Football is about the present, not the future.

And about the past (we beat Real Madrid).

Seriously though I definitely agree with what yourself and ScottishGoon have said. Really annoyed me the way a lot of people were talking in the buildup to the Arsenal match. Yes, in my opinion we had a better season, though not by much if at all and can easily see how someone would argue theirs was better. But people were talking like we were about to play Gillingham again or something. We hadn't won away to them for like 7 years.

We have gotten better while they have plateaued/gotten worse in some ways which does affect your thinking because you are looking at one team positively because they are progressing but the other negatively because they are regressing, so even though they may be equal it is hard to perceive it that way. Still though this is our biggest derby and it is still Arsenal, ridiculous that people were calling us favourites at their ground.

I said to my best mate who is an Arsenal fan that I actually think they looked decent at Man City but the way they are at the moment City could probably get three against anyone no matter how they played. I don't think it was just overconfidence that cost us though, we definitely looked really tired, not sure why.

I will admit I didn't talk to that friend about the game until after the Dortmund game had made me feel better though  ;D
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6637 on: November 22, 2017, 01:30:26 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6638 on: November 22, 2017, 01:33:25 pm »
::)

I know it is wrong.

It should be, they beat Real Madrid and Dortmund.

I reckon they can live off that for the next 5 years.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6639 on: November 22, 2017, 02:38:23 pm »
Spurs are doing well. People on here moan a lot about clubs not doing it "the right way", i.e. just throwing money at it until they win. Well Spurs are definitely doing it "the right way". Not overspending, not caving into player power, giving youth a chance, etc.

Money will always eventually tell and so this won't last too long, but three years of tangible continuous improvement shouldn't be sniffed at, especially as it's a journey we're on too. I've got a lot of respect for how they're going about things and would rather see these guys win than any of three money clubs.