Author Topic: League Cup and Club World Cup.  (Read 179078 times)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
League Cup and Club World Cup.
« on: June 3, 2019, 01:04:37 pm »
Not sure how I feel about us having to travel to Qatar during an already busy festive period, with a couple of fixtures having to be rescheduled.

https://lfcglobe.co.uk/liverpool-will-play-in-club-world-cup-this-december-contrary-to-false-reports/
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:35:49 am by John C »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Quintuple is on!

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Is it two games max ?

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Quintuple is on!

I fancy us for the Septuple myself.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Is this a pointless completion? It’s not really on anybody’s list of trophies to win. Maybe one for the fringe players as I assume Klopp won’t want any injuries to the key players.

I guess “up to £50million“ is a reason to be there.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2019, 01:15:55 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
All the more reason to add to the squad BUT I wouldn't want this having an impact on the Prem. We already have two extra games with the community shield and the super cup. Suspect pre season after America will also be limited.

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
First world problems!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

2019 FIFA 'Club World Cup' Wikipedia page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_FIFA_Club_World_Cup

Official 'Club World Cup' website - https://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup (beware; still got the details up from last year's CWC competition)
« Last Edit: June 3, 2019, 01:17:13 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
2 games in hand is going to bother me.

Long trip as well.

Hopefully we rotate for the first game at least.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Qatar, wonder what prompted them to stage it there?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Qatar, wonder what prompted them to stage it there?

TBF given they've got the World Cup is does make sense to try and stage for games there beforehand as a test.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
TBF given they've got the World Cup is does make sense to try and stage for games there beforehand as a test.

They've got the Confederations Cup for that.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Qatar..

Fifa..

Uefa..

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Aren't we on a winter break anyway?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Would love to see us win it, awful place to stage it though, would have loved to have gone to Japan or something but defo not going there.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Is this a pointless completion? It’s not really on anybody’s list of trophies to win. Maybe one for the fringe players as I assume Klopp won’t want any injuries to the key players.

I guess “up to £50million“ is a reason to be there.

It's a chance to become World Club Champions, although we've never had any luck in this, last time 2005, we battered Sao Paulo in that final, had something ridiculous like 4 or 5 goals disallowed for offside, couple of them were borderline.

The CONMEBOL entrant won't be known until a few weeks before the World Club tournament, the Copa Libertadores final is on 23rd November.
#Sausages

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
Might try get to this if tickets are easily available.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
They've got the Confederations Cup for that.

Didn't FIFA bin off the Confed Cup with plans to expand this club comp to replace it?

Anyway i suspect Qatar are going to need all the practice they can get.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Send the fringe players and take the £50m ;)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Another hot one.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Didn't FIFA bin off the Confed Cup with plans to expand this club comp to replace it?

Correct! I had missed that.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Kraken

• Main Stander

I think the £50m is for the new invitational format in 2021, not this year.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.

£50m is for the revised affair, which is every 4 years starting 2021. We've already said we won't take part.

No idea what we get for the one this year.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite

Fuck that, chance to become World Champions, plus watch rival fans heads explode even more than they're doing already, if that happens. ;)
#Sausages

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just joking lads , still unsure how seriously to take it when it could cost us points in the league ?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
I want a shiny gold badge on our shirts

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Oh, winter "break" is 10 days in Feb

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
It's a chance to become World Club Champions

But let’s be honest. Is this something that any of us will rate anywhere near the CL or EPL trophies?

It will be a couple of games that we don’t need to play.

The £50million will be nice though (or whatever money it is).
#JFT97

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Are we really in a position to pick and choose? Absolutely no guarantee we'll win the PL or CL next season. We'll be in 6 comps next season. European Super Cup is one game. World Club Cup is two games. Why not go all out to win them. I really don't think those 3 games will make or break our season. I'd much rather bin off League and FA Cup campaigns to win those 3 games and 2 trophies.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
I want a shiny gold badge on our shirts

Yep Real shirt has this badge on

#Sausages

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Gives our players a good chance to acclimatise to Qatar in December the year before most of them go back for the World Cup, a free shot at winning a trophy we've never won before against teams we have a great chance beating as the sole European team taking part and will serve as a bit of a getaway in the midst of the season. It's alright, I'd much rather we be going there than City or Spurs! That means we've done something right!

Brazilian teams remaining in Libertadores: Cruzeiro, Paranaense, Palmeiras, Grêmio, Flamengo and Internacional; Argentine teams remaining: River, San Lorenzo, Boca and Godoy Cruz. Then six other unlikely winners from smaller nations.

Monterrey are already qualified from North America as the usual Mexican winner of the NACL (the wage-capped MLS teams stand no chance to be honest).

Espérance from Tunisia won the African Champions League a few days ago as well, so they're also a potential opponent and qualified for the tournament.

Asia isn't decided yet and as far as the Oceanian team (Hienghène from New Caledonia), they'll be knocked out before the defeat us, the Qatari champions Al-Sadd will also take part.

So right now:

Semi-finalists:

Liverpool
TBD

Quarter-finalists:

Monterrey
Espérance
TBD

Preliminary round:
Al-Sadd
Hienghène

That may change if Al-Sadd wins the AFC Champions League and then I'd assume Al-Duhail will take their place in the preliminary round. Those two are actually playing one another in the last 16 in the AFC CL in August. Yes, you read that right, in Qatar in August  :o Good job their stadiums have gigantic air-conditioners!
Linudden.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Be good to finally win this.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Chance to be world champions! ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
We've never won this competition and we had some horrendous officiating the last time around. At least we won't be withdrawing from the FA Cup like Ferguson did to have a go. I'd expect plenty of rotation for the first game

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Copa Libertadores in only at the last 16 stage, round to be played end of next month, as i've mentioned the final 23rd November
#Sausages

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
Are we really in a position to pick and choose? Absolutely no guarantee we'll win the PL or CL next season. We'll be in 6 comps next season. European Super Cup is one game. World Club Cup is two games. Why not go all out to win them. I really don't think those 3 games will make or break our season. I'd much rather bin off League and FA Cup campaigns to win those 3 games and 2 trophies.

I am truly amazed that anyone would have this opinion. Both these Cups are a complete nonsense and I shall be well upset if we play anywhere near a full strength side in either.

On a par with the Liverpool Senior Cup. No, actually, they aren’t. They are below.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
Great. Only trophy we haven't won and if we win it, we get the gold badge on our kit.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Might try get to this if tickets are easily available.

Suspect there’ll be plenty

Looks like last years went on sale in June too so keep an eye out!