Author Topic: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')  (Read 75823 times)

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')
« Reply #800 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:29 pm »
What did we win?

The chance to have the same conversation over again twice a week instead of once.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:36 pm »
What a surprise!

Say we take 4 points off Maribor (and imagine the scenes if we don't beat them), think Spartak will take 1 at best from their Sevilla double header. Might get nervy because it could come to the last game but we really should be bantering them at home (yes, tell me how wasteful we are and ropey at the back).

We might regret not topping the group but not worrries at all about not getting out of the group.

We will get out of the group for sure. But I think this performance certainly deserves a moan. If anything, the players played rather well today, and they worked extremely hard. The unfortunate thing is that those players were again let down by mistakes that were all too easily preventable, and some poor finishing that you could put it down to either form or luck. The former should not be happening, but it does constantly, and the latter you could say that we just need to round the corner, which we will eventually.

But again, the mistakes from Can and Karius can really deflate a team's confidence, nevermind the fans. And this needs to stop. Like the 2-0 against Leicester, Klopp himself came out and said he's tired of conceding these types of goals. And I think that personnel certainly has a lot to do with it in this case.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #802 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:45 pm »
The sort of group in which Liverpool should be hammering the other teams. Easily the weakest group in CL.

Sevilla are a very god side. We shouldn't be hammering them.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #803 on: September 26, 2017, 10:28:08 pm »
Does Lallana make us any better in both boxes mate? His introduction won't make a single difference.

You're so so wrong. The work Lallana does let's the defence of the hook, we defend far better from the front with him in the side. We also win the ball far higher up the pitch and he's also far more creative than Can and Wijnaldum who have both been really poor this season.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #804 on: September 26, 2017, 10:28:09 pm »
Come on...I shouldn't even be arguing about this one to be honest...it's cristal clear...

I wonder why you are sitting here, you should be taking Klopp's place as you obviously know everything.  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #805 on: September 26, 2017, 10:28:24 pm »
Rubbish. A long time, really? Last January/February we were pretty poor. The season before we finished 8th. The season before that we got beat 6-1 by Stoke.

We lacked a bit of sharpness up front, that's about it. Otherwise we played well enough.
I'm talking about the opposition.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: September 26, 2017, 10:28:33 pm »
Also, Jonathan Pearce was absolutely dreadful on the comms. How did someone not mention that Mane isn't suspended for the Newcastle game? He said Mane was banned about three times (incorrectly!).

I heard that too. Plus his "And there's only ONE minute of injury time! WOW!". And earlier the colour commentator was discussing why Salah should or shouldn't have had a penalty about 14 times, not realising that the reason the broadcasters were showing the footage of that was actually because that's how the goalkeeper got injured
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #807 on: September 26, 2017, 10:29:04 pm »
Oh, and just to add, the biggest reason everyone gets so wound up about performances like these (besides the repetitive nature of them at the moment) is because we can all see that we're so close to being an incredible side. After only 2 years with this manager that's a really good place to be.

It is not his fault that you have lost any patience for building a side/squad to challenge on all fronts. People talking about how bad/lacklustre the performance was should really try and remember what that actually looks like. I can remember going to a 0-0 at Leicester towards the end of Houllier's reign where I don't think either side had a shot of note. What was your favourite Liverpool performance under Hodgson? Remember the league run without a win towards the end of King Kenny's second spell?

Honestly, give it a bit of thought and while it might make a list of most frustrating games, it won't come near the worst. A game where we had numerous gilt edged chances and conceded one of only 2 shots which came from a free kick that wasn't a free kick?

Frustrating yes. Shite no.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: September 26, 2017, 10:29:28 pm »
Less than the teams who finished above us.

Nobody was complaining about how many goals we did or didn't score last season. This has only become a topic because of the start we've made.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: September 26, 2017, 10:29:30 pm »
Sevilla are a very god side. We shouldn't be hammering them.
This Sevilla side is not the same as the one which beat us before. They are not so good. We did hammer them. Except we also allowed them to score.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #810 on: September 26, 2017, 10:29:50 pm »
So you don't think Klopp has improved some of our players then? Out of interest Klopp wanted Chamberlain because of what he saw the lad possessed when he was Dortmund manager. So by all means go on not respecting the player, but I prefer to place my trust in Klopp. If he thinks he can get something extra out of him, then who am I to doubt him?

I don't want to turn this into an argument about the manager. I love the guy so there's no issue there.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #811 on: September 26, 2017, 10:29:53 pm »
You're so so wrong. The work Lallana does let's the defence of the hook, we defend far better from the front with him in the side. We also win the ball far higher up the pitch and he's also far more creative than Can and Wijnaldum who have both been really poor this season.

With everyone fit he wouldn't start.

The last thingt this team needs is another creative player. We literally play 4 of them already.

Henderson won't come out. Coutinho is guaranteed to start if he's fit and Jurgen loves Emre.

Unless you want Lallana and Coutinho in a midfield 3, and he won't do that away in Europe.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
« Reply #812 on: September 26, 2017, 10:30:31 pm »
Also a parked bus is not easy to break down and the referee was taking the piss with the time wasting. I've never seen anything so fucking ridiculous. What the fuck was the little French shit thinking? Probably "Je suis un génie parce que je suis très jeune."

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
« Reply #813 on: September 26, 2017, 10:30:44 pm »
I don't think Hendo was that good. Klopp has had Can deep next to him the last couple of matches.

Henderson had all the time in the world when he got the ball but he wasn't that smart with it to be honest. He was spraying long balls to isolated players needlessly sometimes.

Hendo has still been the deepest midfielder and he's been brilliant defensively. Some of his passes are irritating tho, il give you that.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #814 on: September 26, 2017, 10:31:09 pm »
Nobody was complaining about how many goals we did or didn't score last season. This has only become a topic because of the start we've made.
Really?
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #815 on: September 26, 2017, 10:31:29 pm »
I don't think Hendo was that good. Klopp has had Can deep next to him the last couple of matches.

Henderson had all the time in the world when he got the ball but he wasn't that smart with it to be honest. He was spraying long balls to isolated players needlessly sometimes.

Put it on a plate for Sturridge 6 yards out who blazed over the bar though mate.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #816 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:07 pm »
I don't want to turn this into an argument about the manager. I love the guy so there's no issue there.
You didn't. The other person did.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:22 pm »

I'm not either, I'm just pointing out that Klopp wanted Chamberlain for a while, as he obviously saw something he liked about him, when he was at Dortmund. So I presume he feels he can do something with Alex, and we need to give him a chance.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:36 pm »
I'm talking about the opposition.
So you were. Soz mate. Yeah, they're a poor side.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:38 pm »
Oh, and just to add, the biggest reason everyone gets so wound up about performances like these (besides the repetitive nature of them at the moment) is because we can all see that we're so close to being an incredible side. After only 2 years with this manager that's a really good place to be.

It is not his fault that you have lost any patience for building a side/squad to challenge on all fronts. People talking about how bad/lacklustre the performance was should really try and remember what that actually looks like. I can remember going to a 0-0 at Leicester towards the end of Houllier's reign where I don't think either side had a shot of note. What was your favourite Liverpool performance under Hodgson? Remember the league run without a win towards the end of King Kenny's second spell?

Honestly, give it a bit of thought and while it might make a list of most frustrating games, it won't come near the worst. A game where we had numerous gilt edged chances and conceded one of only 2 shots which came from a free kick that wasn't a free kick?

Frustrating yes. Shite no.
Well said mate, it's just a lack of ruthlessness not disastrous. And another error which must drive Klopp mad.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #820 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:42 pm »
Sorry for being negative and I'm sure this will be sorted out but look at Karius's positioning for their goal. Our wall was protecting the left hand side of our goal yet Karius was over to the right slightly. It was obvious that the ball was going to curl over the wall towards the left hand side of our goal for a right footer.

If he was three foot to his left then it would have been an easy save.

Maybe he thought that the ball may be hit straight through the gap where the two Spartak players were standing; in which case our wall was poor.

#JFT97

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #821 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:47 pm »

It really hasn't mate. We should have signed a striker in one of the previous two summers and I've been boring people about it for ages.

It's not goals all round that are our issue, its having that one player you can rely on to convert chances at a consistently elite rate in order to turn tight games in your favour.

Look at Ronaldo and Kane tonight. It's very fucking difficult to compete without a player like this.

Aubameyang. Second best strike rate In Europe in 2017. £60m. Too simple/easy for us to just go out and do it though isn't it
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:34:18 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
« Reply #822 on: September 26, 2017, 10:33:31 pm »
With everyone fit he wouldn't start.

The last thingt this team needs is another creative player. We literally play 4 of them already.

Henderson won't come out. Coutinho is guaranteed to start if he's fit and Jurgen loves Emre.

Unless you want Lallana and Coutinho in a midfield 3, and he won't do that away in Europe.

The midfield lacks so much without him in it, he was out most consistent performer along with Mane last season. If he's fit he starts for me.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: September 26, 2017, 10:33:41 pm »
Really?

I dare say people who just "enjoy" complaining were, but most others were quite happy with our goals, it was the other end of the field that more fans were worried about.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #824 on: September 26, 2017, 10:34:00 pm »
So we have four games to get three wins. Is that going to be easy?

I don't think we'll even need three wins. Spartak will probably win one from here, Maribor will be lucky to get that many.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: September 26, 2017, 10:34:21 pm »
Put it on a plate for Sturridge 6 yards out who blazed over the bar though mate.

Sturridge takes 5 touches for everything unnecessarily and slows us down. The one time he decides not to, he's in acres of space in the penalty area and goes for a first time "This would look cracking in a YouTube compilation video" volley instead.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:36:00 pm by lessthanmatt »
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: September 26, 2017, 10:34:45 pm »
It really hasn't mate. We should have signed a striker in one of the previous two summers and I've been boring people about it for ages.

It's not goals all round that are our issue, its having that one player you can rely on to convert chances at a consistently elite rate in order to turn tight games in your favour.

Look at Ronaldo and Kane tonight. It's very fucking difficult to compete without a player like this.

Aubameyang. Second best strike rate In Europe in 2017. £60m. Too simple/easy for us to just go out and do it though isn't it
Klopp does not do things easy.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #827 on: September 26, 2017, 10:34:52 pm »
Sorry for being negative and I'm sure this will be sorted out but look at Karius's positioning for their goal. Our wall was protecting the left hand side of our goal yet Karius was over to the right slightly. It was obvious that the ball was going to curl over the wall towards the left hand side of our goal for a right footer.
That's the whole point though. Doesn't mean he did great.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: September 26, 2017, 10:35:04 pm »

That's your opinion, it is not Klopp's. His opinion is the most important one while he is manager here, not yours or mine.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: September 26, 2017, 10:35:48 pm »
So we have four games to get three wins. Is that going to be easy?
2 wins and a draw should do it. Unless Spartak somehow beat Seville, which is highly unlikely.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #830 on: September 26, 2017, 10:35:59 pm »
Second half was torture. Felt like there was hardly any football played at all.

However we feel about recent results, we're by no means in a bad position in the league or the Champions League right now.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #831 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:16 pm »
That's your opinion, it is not Klopp's. His opinion is the most important one while he is manager here, not yours or mine.

He said yesterday he loves Harry Kane. He signed Lewandowski.

He's not wedded to Bobby Firmino. He'll be upgraded next summer. It should have been the one just gone though.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #832 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:17 pm »
I miss Suarez  :'(

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #833 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:21 pm »

So simple/easy that not one other team did it?

Not a point about the need or otherwise for a striker but seriously talking about building a side like it's just bang down  £60 million for this 28 year old striker job done is a fucking nonsense.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:22 pm »
Last six games, 121 shots : 6 goals.

Who needs a striker ?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #835 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:42 pm »
So you were. Soz mate. Yeah, they're a poor side.
;D Even worse than some of the teams you alluded to
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:44 pm »
I wouldn’t even call what they did “parking the bus”. They tried to but Moscow were absolutely shite tonight which makes this all the more embarrassing. Everyone saw the video from the weekend showcasing their shambolic defending from a counter. We successfully crafted one of these and even messed that up. Only bonus tonight is it wasn’t in the league and we can easily make up for it by beating maribor twice and moscow at home
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #837 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:50 pm »
Last six games, 121 shots : 6 goals.

Who needs a striker ?

:lmao

Deary me. For all the talk about the defence that is shocking.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #838 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:58 pm »
I wonder why you are sitting here, you should be taking Klopp's place as you obviously know everything.  ::)

Mate...believe me, I can discuss with you about every single aspect of the game and there are many points we might not agree upon but I will still always respect and understand your point of view...but discuss Karius performance? really? I think 99,99% of Liverpool supporters would argue that Karius has been a disaster since joining us...every single game he has played for us.

But if you believe the opposite...fair enough...

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: September 26, 2017, 10:37:08 pm »
Perhaps we should just shut down the forum here then. ;)