Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - World Champions v Manchester United, Sunday 19 January, 16:30  (Read 55240 times)

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We might drop points between now and the end of the season, but please let us not do it in this game to these mid-table game raising twats.

The Spurs game, or rather performance may have been well-timed as we got a bit lax and too comfortable. That, and the incredible atmosphere in the ground should see the team pumped for this and ready to rip them to shreds.

They will, of course, defend and knock long balls up to James/Rashford/Martial and I'm sure Klopp has a plan for that. I don't see any of the recently injured players being thrown into the starting 11. I think we'll see those who have "rhythm" continue.

Becker

TAA      Gomez     VVD      Robertson

Henderson

Wijnaldum             Lallana or AOC

Salah            Bobby          Mane

A fast start, an early goal and this will be comfortable. (I hope).

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Even though we won against Spurs, in many ways out boys will be looking to bounce back in this game. I’m pretty certain they weren’t all that happy with how that game went. We’ll be rested, determined to be more clinical in front of the goal, determined not to give them a chance on the other end and above all dragged to that high level of sharpness by the roaring crowd.

I’m expecting a level of performance similar to when City came to Anfield, which could spell trouble for Ole’s merry men.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Home to a really poor side so expecting it to be comfortable, then at 2 or 3 up we start thinking about the tougher test which is Wolves.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
------------- Allisson

--- A-A Gomez VVD Robbo

-- Miniminymo Hendo Gini

--- Salah -- Bobby -- Mane

Subs:

Adrian
Ox
Lallana
Origi
Hoever
Elliot
Shaqiri
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
They'll set up in the exact same way as they did at home and try to nullify our wide men.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline U-238A

• Main Stander
They'll set up in the exact same way as they did at home and try to nullify our wide men.

Precisely. I'm sure Klopp and the coaching staff have taken that into account. I trust our boys will be able to adjust accordingly. 6-0 a bit too much to ask for? The double meaning behind it would be so sweet.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yep. Spurs was a great tune up for this imo. They'll look to spoil and take advantage of any mistakes at the back - just like last time out at OT. They definitely got the rub of the green with the origi decision and for some reason it made us totally lose our heads up to all but the last 10 mins or so in that game. It simply can't be the same this time out.

On the pitch and in the stands we've got to be patient here, we all want to win but we can afford a draw if that's what they're playing for so there's no need to rush and force it. We knew this at Spurs, a much better side than united imo, so don't rush, overcomitt and leave ourselves exposed and we'll squeeze the life out of them. They've got some decent finishers up top, but they're utter fucking shite by and large at the back so as long as we keep our heads regardless of previous fixtures we'll grind them down by 70 odd minutes if that's the game they want to play.

All of this, it needs to be said, is irrelevant if we score early. If we score within the first 15 minutes, we'll thrash them.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

Which is why I reckon we'll set up with the Henderson/Gini midfield and Ox or Lallana in front to give them extra to worry about.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
Hate them. They hate us too. Mutual feeling.

Want them beaten, destroyed and humiliated. Tail between the legs stuff. I want to see their smug faces turn to shock and resignation, aghast at the realization that they were utterly and completely swatted away, as if mere flies.

They're gonna do their best to spoil our party. We musn't let them. They'll want to be the ones that'll derail our campaign, inflict our first loss of the campaign, disrupt our so far unbeaten run.

As one of my favorite guys in the internet would say:

you can certainly try.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
------------- Allisson

--- A-A Gomez VVD Robbo

-- Miniminymo Hendo Gini

--- Salah -- Bobby -- Mane

Subs:

Adrian
Ox
Lallana
Origi
Hoever
Elliot
Shaqiri

Crazy Miniminymo shout - Never happening though would love it it did..
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:29:46 pm by welshred1976 »
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
Crazy Miniminymo shout - Never happening though would love it it did..

I think Fabinho and one of Matip/Lovren will be on the bench for this!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Forgot they're playing Wolves tomorrow in the cup replay.  Surely they'll have to play most of their big guns in that game and it can only be a benefit to us.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
Forgot they're playing Wolves tomorrow in the cup replay.  Surely they'll have to play most of their big guns in that game and it can only be a benefit to us.

They'll have to progress if they want any chance of a win on Merseyside this season. Having said that I'd give Tranmere a fair chance in the next round.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Since Lingard scored in this fixture last season, he scored in their next game and hasn't scored since.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I hope we beat the rotters !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
I hope we beat the rotters !

They're cads and scoundrels...

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
They also have a league game next week in midweek,  so Ole will have to decide where his priorities lie. Does he go flat out in all three games or rest a few players here and there? Their squad's a lot more stretched than ours is at present.

Doesn't really matter though as if it goes with form we should batter them. Same starting line up as the Spurs game I reckon and hopefully a comfortable Liverpool win. Think if we get an early goal it'll be similar to the Sheffield game.  Don't think we'll try to knock up a big score, nice as that would be.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Lallana deserves to start this one IMO, Fab will be on the bench.

Back 5 and front 3 pick themselves, with likely Hendo and Wijnaldum in MF too.

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one Raid, brilliant OP!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Lallana deserves to start this one IMO, Fab will be on the bench.

Back 5 and front 3 pick themselves, with likely Hendo and Wijnaldum in MF too.

Yeah, that would be my guess as well.  Lallana to start, and Ox to come on late on to give them some hassle when they're flagging.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
They also have a league game next week in midweek,  so Ole will have to decide where his priorities lie. Does he go flat out in all three games or rest a few players here and there? Their squad's a lot more stretched than ours is at present.

Doesn't really matter though as if it goes with form we should batter them. Same starting line up as the Spurs game I reckon and hopefully a comfortable Liverpool win. Think if we get an early goal it'll be similar to the Sheffield game.  Don't think we'll try to knock up a big score, nice as that would be.

Trust me all his best players will be out against us, it's his jobs worth! No way will Utd fans let him throw a game against us, even if it means sacrifice in the cup.  We'll still win comfortably but he will need to be seen trying to get a result

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Trust me all his best players will be out against us , it's his jobs worth! No way will Utd fans let him throw a game against us, even if it means sacrifice in the cup.  We'll still win comfortably but he will need to be seen trying to get a result

... and they are?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
... and they are?
Well there are a few less rotten, maggot infested fruit still left in the basket. 😀

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
It really is about time we smashed these for 5 or 6, let it be now.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
Since Lingard scored in this fixture last season, he scored in their next game and hasn't scored since.

then he'll obviously score against us again, the young prospect ;D we'll still win, though ;)

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
The only selection dilemma is the right hand spot in midfield. Ox will probably start but he needs to be a lot better than he was against Spurs - the difference when Lallana came on against Spurs and Flamengo was marked. United will park the bus so we really need the midfield to put their foot on the ball and try to probe

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It really is about time we smashed these for 5 or 6, let it be now.
Definitely, what I'd give to be up 4-0 in the first half like against we usually are against Arsenal. It would finish the deluded twats right off as they are already on the brink [emoji23]

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
Lallana over Ox for this one. In a footballing sense Lallana has more spite in him than Ox.
A combination of him, Hendo and Gini will overrun the United midfield.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They are a Shower an absolute desolate shower . . .

And we are gonna rain down on them this time!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
The current football style of United could be described in 5 words - “Give the ball to Rashford”

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one Raid - love it.
Massive game - they all are now of course.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Our midfield dilemma shows just how far we've come under Klopp. One of our best players and the best holding midfielder in Europe is likely to only be on the bench, and ribena-powered Mr reliable is out injured. Yet we still have 3 players pushing for a start alongside our first picks Henderson and Wijnaldum.

Lallana, Ox, and Minamino each offer us something different, and give Klopp so many options in the starting lineup and from the bench. This game needs experienced heads, so can't see Minamino playing, although he may get minutes if we need to rest anyone later in the game.

I'd go for Ox due to his strength and power, and his ability to score from distance against a low block. Lallana seems a player reborn, but I think we need a little more aggression against these.

Bobby's hit form at the perfect time and I think will be the key to moving them around, dropping deep and pulling defenders out of position, and picking passes in tight areas.

I expect a very loud Anfield where we can remind their players, fans, and manager of the gulf in class.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:16:26 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
Hope it's a proper Anfield atmosphere on Sunday, should be rocking - Win this and it is a massive step towards the title. Players and crowd bang up for it and we should definitely have enough! 2-0 reds
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we

He won't be resting any players against us. He should given the context of their season/fixtures, but he won't.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
I'd love to see us absolutely humiliate them. Quietly confident of us giving them a drubbing as they're certainly bad enough to take a walloping and we're certainly good enough to inflict something like that.

Watched them against City last week and they were absolutely woeful. There was a 15 minute spell from about the half hour mark up until half time where they completely collapsed and looked like they wanted the ground to swallow them up, they couldn't put a foot right and really could have easily conceded about 4 or 5 in that period (conceded 2 in the end). They were lucky it was only fairly close to half time as they were literally saved by the bell (whistle)

Baring in mind this was in their own stadium, I'd love to see how they react if we were able to put them into a similar situation at Anfield. If it's early on, it could get embarrasing. I know they'll set up quite defensively like they always do but I think their shape will completely go out the window if we get an early goal or two and Anfield is in full voice baying for blood. The players will also want to punish them for being the only team that's taken points off us in the league so far this season.

Score in the first 10/15 minutes and we will score 4 or 5. Mark my words

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
They are a Shower an absolute desolate shower . . .

And we are gonna rain down on them this time!

I can`t read this without hearing it in a Terry Thomas voice
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
He won't be resting any players against us. He should given the context of their season/fixtures, but he won't.
Its the perfect game at the perfect time for us - we've not conceded a goal for 6 games, had a decent rest, key players coming back, and a chance to show that their draw against us in October was a fluke.

On the flipside - they'll probably need to go full strength for their next 3 games - partly due to injuries but also because they'll want to keep their hopes of a trophy alive tonight, they'll want to get a result against us, and then want a result at home to Burnley to maintain the chase for top 4 (especially after we've beaten them...). Three games in a week where they're under pressure to get results for different reasons, which plays into our hands perfectly.

I'm hoping they lose tonight, meaning Ole will be under even more pressure to have a go at us. Then we beat them Sunday, and they win against Burnley - keeping Ole in a job and their top 4 delusions alive for another week...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:13:05 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
Twat
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Online latortuga

• Legacy Fan
We win this comfortably.

Utd have been dreadful away from home against good opposition, while I think the boys will feel like they have something to prove after letting their standards drop against Tottenham.

3-0.

Offline Captain Mauser

• Boys Pen
We'll absolutely strangle them.

4-1