Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - World Champions v Manchester United, Sunday 19 January, 16:30  (Read 55252 times)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's a few Everton fans on twitter trying to spread rumors of us planning an attack on the United coach on Sunday.

"an attack". fucking hell fire.

3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
"an attack". fucking hell fire.

We've got an UAV equipped with Hellfire missiles?

Typical RS, escalating from a bottle of cider to a state of the art killing machine.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
They’re shite. We’re the best team in the world and playing in our colosseum. They’re knackered. We’ve had over a week off. Given all of the relevant factors, I can’t see anything other than a convincing victory.

All seems logical. Only issue is that this is united and, as shite as they are at the moment, they will raise their game. Nevertheless I expect us to win
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Time for Salah to break his duck against these.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just been chatting to some united fans at work and they see this as a can’t lose situation for them as fans. If we smash them it’s expected and if they beat us or take points of us, then we’ve stumbled. They did say that in the last scenario, we’ll still be happy as well still be top of the league. I said fuck off, I’ll be gutted if we don’t put at least 5 past them [emoji1787]

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
There's a few Everton fans on twitter trying to spread rumors of us planning an attack on the United coach on Sunday.

I don't think this United team deserve the respect of an unsettling welcome, they're shit enough without us trying to put them off their game before Kick Off. 3-0, Mo to get 2, Ox with the 3rd.

I'm fully expecting Rashford to start, not arsed at all about who they play though, we'll twat them whoever they've got on the pitch!

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!  :scarf

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
Just been chatting to some united fans at work and they see this as a can’t lose situation for them as fans. If we smash them it’s expected and if they beat us or take points of us, then we’ve stumbled.

Fucking hell haha. Are you sure they understand how football works? Getting twatted by one of your biggest rivals is certainly a bad situation. Even under Hodgson when we were shite I was absolutely inconsolable after Utd beat us.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan

Will always be one of my favourite moments from this fixture.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Key will be how we approach the game - I was pissed off with how we started and approached both away games last year.

If we keep the ball and move it around probing for openings like we did against Spurs (and to be fair, the last 20mins of the game at OT) then it will simply be a matter of when we score.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Incredible how Gerrard just so easily lands on his feet there. Proper rattled the sick elbowing c*nt.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
All of this media hype about getting Rashford fit for Sunday like it's a champions league final or something? Fucking desperate.

They should concentrate on getting themselves up for games against Watford and Bournemouth and other shit they've lost to instead.

Get our attitude right on Sunday and we'll smash them at a canter.

3-0

Salah Mane VVD
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"

They should concentrate on getting themselves up for games against Watford and Bournemouth and other shit they've lost to instead.

We'll be treated to pictures of Fergie on the training ground again tomorrow. We're the only game they seem arsed about these days. Hope that sour old whiskey nosed c*nt is in the stands watching them get torn to shreds on Sunday.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Looking forward to this at the weekend. I don't normally look forward to these occasions as we know when we have been so far behind them, we have managed to get results. They could raise their game and their game plan works because they are a terrible team when they have the ball. They struggle to break teams down who sit back/have a low block - they don't have the players or the system to play possession football, where they take the time and can break team down by passing around them. We will have most of the possession in this game, and this will suit them as they have a few fast lads who will look to break whenever they can. The question is whether or not they can keep us out and the midfield closing off any spaces behind fullbacks that we may leave if they do manage to win the ball and counter.

Their pace upfront doesn't scare me on a 1v1 basis - VVD and Gomez are both rapid. Maybe getting in behind Trent and Robertson should we get caught on the break is a worry. Having said, we rarely get caught on any kind of break - the possession we have, the patience we show, the measured build up offers protection to the defence in a way. It's not like we play gung-ho football and overload the box at every opportunity.

I like the idea of Lallana being on the pitch to provide some guile but I would be more than happy going with the same team again - Ox's pace in the middle will help both defensively and offensively. I think if Klopp was worried about them sitting in and trying to be destructive then I think it's Origi who would get the nod - moving one of the fast lads upfront or dropping Firmino deeper to play between the lines. But I wouldn't definitely go again with the same team.

We should have far too much for these and I think we will. Be patient but an early goal would be fantastic.

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
Completely forgot that last season when we played these at home Clyne was playing right back.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan

Nani crying would be up there for me.

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
Nani crying would be up there for me.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Didn't he clatter Jones in the same game, left him on the floor?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
It's about time Klopp and the lads realise what dog shit they are.

Batter em and wipe any idea the lads have about them being a big club clean from their heads.

4 or 5 nill will do nicely.  :scarf
Why was my post deleted?

Offline #RedDawn2020

• Main Stander
There is no way Rashford will not be fit for this fixture. Ole sucks at mind games. The return of Mata into the fold worries me a little. Always seemed to come up with something or other against us.

Hope Salah can produce something against those finally. I am glad Shaqiri is back in contention for this one after last years performance.

Expecting the same game as last season, with them scoring at least one scrappy goal. We will edge it 3-2. But hopefully I am wrong since if there ever was a Utd side that deserved an absolute thrashing due to the difference in quality, it is this particular shit show.
“Intensity is our identity.”

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Mane, Salah, and Firmino only have one league goal against United between them sine they've been at the club. This has to change on Sunday surely? Fancy at least two of them to score.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
I suppose things may change closer to K/O but at the moment I don't have a single shred of fear or nerves about this game, just can't wait for it.

This is because the gulf in class is apparent all over the pitch, and being at home we should dismantle this shower of shite with ease.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?

Steven Gerrard, proper Captain.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Steven Gerrard, proper Captain.

we have a proper captain now as well  :wave

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
we have a proper captain now as well  :wave
[/quotewell said
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)

I remember that challenge, but forget the aftermath.

Did Stevie get a yellow?

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
The bit in bold, though it'll probably upset a few people, is correct. What we did brilliantly at tottenham was not fall into mourinho's trap of looking desperately to break them down, we just kept the ball, took our time and when the chance came - bang, then we spent the rest of the game squeezing the life out of them. That's exactly what we can afford to do here. If they've come to defend and stay behind the ball, well that's alright, just pass, pass, pass, pass, pass....calmly does it, they'll crack in the end. They all do.

Is right. Hopefully.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Each time this fixture comes round I dream about a 5-0 annihilation. It will eventually happen. Why not this week?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Their pace upfront doesn't scare me on a 1v1 basis - VVD and Gomez are both rapid. Maybe getting in behind Trent and Robertson should we get caught on the break is a worry. Having said, we rarely get caught on any kind of break - the possession we have, the patience we show, the measured build up offers protection to the defence in a way. It's not like we play gung-ho football and overload the box at every opportunity.

Looking back at the Old Trafford fixture, whilst their goal was a farce, they had a very clear game plan in that first half. We were careless in possession, and it felt like we were playing the occasion rather than the team in front of us. As soon as we lost the ball it would go long into the channels behind Trent or Robbo for James and Rashford to run on to. Very simple stuff, but it was turning us round and getting them back up the pitch.

I don't expect the same carelessness at Anfield and I think we'll be fine. Early goal and it could be a rout, hoping for a similar start to City at home and a real roof raiser.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gotta love Suarez with the snide little push in the back.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

I'm not a violent man, and as a supporter of a team who has been on the receiving end of shit I would normally never condone deliberately injuring an opposition player.

But fuck me if Stevie didn't know exactly what he was doing there, and doesn't it look fucking glorious?  I love his follow through as SG lands on his feet and looks down, completely satisfied that he nailed the fucker good and proper. Not enough to end his game, but just enough to know he's marked.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
Completely forgot that last season when we played these at home Clyne was playing right back.
Yes and was probably one of the best players on the pitch

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
The bit in bold, though it'll probably upset a few people, is correct. What we did brilliantly at tottenham was not fall into mourinho's trap of looking desperately to break them down, we just kept the ball, took our time and when the chance came - bang, then we spent the rest of the game squeezing the life out of them. That's exactly what we can afford to do here. If they've come to defend and stay behind the ball, well that's alright, just pass, pass, pass, pass, pass....calmly does it, they'll crack in the end. They all do.

Whilst our high line gave me a few heart in mouth moments against Spurs, I did enjoy our general keep ball play.  I really felt it tested Tottenham's patience and got under their skin a bit, which led to them being somewhat frantic and frustrated with their counter attacks.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I suppose things may change closer to K/O but at the moment I don't have a single shred of fear or nerves about this game, just can't wait for it.

This is because the gulf in class is apparent all over the pitch, and being at home we should dismantle this shower of shite with ease.

Sums up my own feelings and usually I'm a bag of nerves for days prior.

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
Can't stop thinking of players I want to score in this.

Salah needs to finally get one against them. Bobby needs to show their absolute fools of fans who think Martial is actually better. Mane needs to score so he can wheel away with no smile as if scoring against United is no big deal (a la, last year)

Would love Minamino to get one, and Trent for obvious reasons. A lovely emphatic Virgil header, Henderson with a rasper to celebrate his England award, and Robbo's celebration would be something to behold (cupping his ear to the away fans probably, even if he scores at the Kop end). Then Shaqiri to come off the bench to bang one against them again.

Finally, Gomez to get off the mark and make it (counts scorers)... 10-0.

Right lads, go do all that.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Can't stop thinking of players I want to score in this.

Salah needs to finally get one against them. Bobby needs to show their absolute fools of fans who think Martial is actually better. Mane needs to score so he can wheel away with no smile as if scoring against United is no big deal (a la, last year)

Would love Minamino to get one, and Trent for obvious reasons. A lovely emphatic Virgil header, Henderson with a rasper to celebrate his England award, and Robbo's celebration would be something to behold (cupping his ear to the away fans probably, even if he scores at the Kop end). Then Shaqiri to come off the bench to bang one against them again.

Finally, Gomez to get off the mark and make it (counts scorers)... 10-0.

Right lads, go do all that.

Alisson is over 70 games without a goal now.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not a violent man, and as a supporter of a team who has been on the receiving end of shit I would normally never condone deliberately injuring an opposition player.

But fuck me if Stevie didn't know exactly what he was doing there, and doesn't it look fucking glorious?  I love his follow through as SG lands on his feet and looks down, completely satisfied that he nailed the fucker good and proper. Not enough to end his game, but just enough to know he's marked.

Elbows was a proper thug and Gerrard let him know who was the man. The bemused look on the twats face afterwards is great, not used to a taste of his own medicine. Boss moment.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:22:09 pm by lobsterboy »

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
Alisson is over 70 games without a goal now.

Alisson: "Can I go up for this corner boss?"
Klopp: "We're 10-0 up Ali, do what you fucking want. Actually, I'll come join you."

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
We've got an UAV equipped with Hellfire missiles?

Typical RS, escalating from a bottle of cider to a state of the art killing machine.
I bought a rare prototype Comanche stealth helicopter for half a billion a couple of years back. If anyone's got a few cans of red spray paint and a copilot with a targeting helmet to hook up with the HUD I'd be happy to try flying it.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.