Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3119929 times)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35440 on: August 8, 2022, 10:21:16 pm »
No chance we sign someone if its 6 weeks out. 2-3 months then fair enough. Not for 6 weeks though.

That might make sense if it was Mo, Robbo or someone and you know it'll be 6 weeks then they'll be fine for the rest of the season but this is just the first of multiples injuries he'll get this season.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #35441 on: August 8, 2022, 10:23:07 pm »
Allow me to be the announcer on Price Is Right for a minute.

Matheus Nunes  come on down

Florian Neuhaus come on down

Youri Tielemans come on down

Ibrahima Sangare come on down

Nicolo Barella come on down

Luka Sucic come on down

Jude Bellingham come on down

Bring me Tielemans because he can kick the ball hard at the goal and sometimes it goes in the goal.

I think Barella would be a lovely signing but can see him wanting to stay at Inter. Perhaps test him next summer by tempting him to come and partner Mr Bellingham in the best years of his career.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #35442 on: August 8, 2022, 10:23:54 pm »
Saul on loan anyone?

EDIT: Sorry, thought it was Summer 2021 again there
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35443 on: August 8, 2022, 10:31:34 pm »
I mean this genuinely, who? I too think there’s a few options that are as good or better, but they’re better now, not necessarily in two years time and in my opinion almost definitely not in 4 or 5.

Bellingham has already produced elite numbers at a high level, is still a teenager but demonstrated a level of leadership and maturity that is astonishing for any lad of even several years older. He can be moulded into nearly any type of midfielder, but that would do a disservice to his ability and potential to be a world class 8 who can dribble, pass, drive past players and add goals from midfield whilst also being a physical presence who can help to dominate on the defensive side of the ball.

The question isn’t can we sign someone as good as Bellingham, it’s whether we can sign someone who fits our style of play and provides qualities the squad needs. whoever that is I trust the club to find the right person, put it this way, if we asked the question who would be the best cover left back we could sign how many of us would’ve suggested Tsimakis at the time?

The club already has the expertise to bring in the right player but they can only do that if the money men and Klopp agree to it

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35444 on: August 8, 2022, 10:32:49 pm »
Saul on loan anyone?

EDIT: Sorry, thought it was Summer 2021 again there

Better not call Saul

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35445 on: August 8, 2022, 10:35:08 pm »
Jonjo Shelvey out for 12 weeks, cross him off the list

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #35446 on: August 8, 2022, 10:42:13 pm »

What about that Joe Allen lad at Swansea?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35447 on: August 8, 2022, 10:57:54 pm »
I hope we are at least having a look to see what's out there.

If previous season's are an indicator of future injuries, with the added factor of everyone being a year older, we'll either be forcing certain players to play too many minutes or having to bring in backup players into difficult matches.

Given that it's not a surprise and we've still got time to add another first choice midfielder, it would be disappointing if it's not being discussed behind the scenes. I fear it might be a difference maker, especially in the league.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35448 on: August 8, 2022, 10:59:08 pm »

Joking aside, Newcastle are presumably likely enter the market for a midfielder now right? Not following much outside of us these days, but I think I've read they're having a surprisingly quiet window.

If they do, perhaps there's a chance they succeed in starting negotiations for a player in our databases that we like, that hits certain criteria, and - as happened with Spurs and Diaz - we can invite ourselves into similar conversations and make a better offer (from a football perspective)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #35449 on: August 8, 2022, 11:00:45 pm »
Don't think Thiago missing 6 weeks makes much difference to us buying or not.. he misses significant time every season so it doesn't make a material difference - the way this season is structured it might make a difference to our title chances though.
Regardless of his injury we should've bought a midfielder by now... and still should... but it looks like we probably wont for some reason (others seem to have their ideas as to why not)
« Last Edit: August 8, 2022, 11:07:15 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35450 on: August 8, 2022, 11:01:12 pm »
Joking aside, Newcastle are presumably likely enter the market for a midfielder now right? Not following much outside of us these days, but I think I've read they're having a surprisingly quiet window.

If they do, perhaps there's a chance they succeed in starting negotiations for a player in our databases that we like, that hits certain criteria, and - as happened with Spurs and Diaz - we can invite ourselves into similar conversations and make a better offer (from a football perspective)

Sell them Keita for £50M

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #35451 on: August 8, 2022, 11:02:50 pm »
Not sure how to do it, but this feels like the embodiment of the “*chuckles* I’m in danger gif”.

We’re now relying on Henderson, Milner, Fabinho, Keita, and Elliott for the next 1-2 months. In a heavily condensed season due to the World Cup.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35452 on: August 8, 2022, 11:03:34 pm »
Sell them Keita for £50M

We need to add, not subtract. Would be a very stupid move and we don't do stupid moves.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35453 on: August 8, 2022, 11:20:13 pm »
I really like the young crop of midfielders we have. The established players are excellent too, but not durable enough. The in betweeners, at least in terms of age, are Ox and Naby, and they aren’t available enough.

It is pretty clear to me we need another midfielder. It will mean paying one or two for the season who will barely play before they move on, so we may not do it. We have the numbers, but we don’t have enough availability from the group.

Not sure who we will go for, mind. Maybe Sucic or Matheus. And then go big on Bellingham next summer as the Henderson replacement, with Hendo then taking on a bit more of a Milner sort of role.

Two midfielders needed, to my mind, between now and the end of the summer 2023 transfer window.

If we don’t sign one now I won’t wet the bed, and if we don’t bring someone in I will be hoping it will give the likes of Elliott and Jones the minutes they need to kick on.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #35454 on: August 8, 2022, 11:22:08 pm »
Not sure how to do it, but this feels like the embodiment of the “*chuckles* I’m in danger gif”.

We’re now relying on Henderson, Milner, Fabinho, Keita, and Elliott for the next 1-2 months. In a heavily condensed season due to the World Cup.

You're forgetting Jay Spearing.....😊

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35455 on: August 9, 2022, 12:35:17 am »
Inter Milan's Croatia midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, 29, is Liverpool's number one target as a short-term midfield reinforcement. (Sport - in Spanish)

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #35456 on: August 9, 2022, 01:00:20 am »
Inter Milan's Croatia midfielder Marcelo Brozovic, 29, is Liverpool's number one target as a short-term midfield reinforcement. (Sport - in Spanish)

Doesn't seem to be anything new. It's that same (very unlikely) rumour about us potentially swapping Firmino or Keita for Brozovic that was in the Italian press on Friday being regurgitated.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #35457 on: August 9, 2022, 02:02:20 am »
Matheus Nunes would make a lot of sense from a CV and age standpoint. The absolute maximum he'd cost would be more or less 50 million due to his release clause, but probably a bit less and would be on modest wages. He's at the right stage of his career to still develop quite a bit and Klopp has bought a lot from Portugal recently, usually decent value there. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a move made for Nunes before the end of the window to be honest.

Sucic comes across as someone Red Bull would require a fortune to release for an uncertain outcome. Usually their exports do well but it would be a massive risk to pay a huge sum for a teenager from the Austrian league.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 02:05:36 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35458 on: August 9, 2022, 05:29:55 am »

I've long liked him,a very good B2B midfielder with a great engine a bit like James Milner imo.

But as others have pointed out is already 29 and recently signed a new contract (Sangare too yesterday) so propably not cheap.

Think he's got the quality to play for us though.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35459 on: August 9, 2022, 05:59:05 am »
We need to add, not subtract. Would be a very stupid move and we don't do stupid moves.

Selling someone who is injury prone for £50M isn’t stupid if you bring in a better player

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35460 on: August 9, 2022, 06:52:49 am »
Convinced we wouldn't sign someone before we learned the extent of Thiagos injury and even more now. Not just because Klopp has said it but also because we need to remember we often have to give players a decent amount of time to get used to our system before they're playing anywhere near regularly. Obviously a new midfielder would still help across the duration of the season but in terms of what's happening right now, there isn't really any guarantee they would get a lot of minutes straight away, Fabinho and Robertson are just 2 examples of players we slowly introduced

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35461 on: August 9, 2022, 07:32:46 am »
Considering we’re just out of pre-season and it takes a little while to get up to speed with our style of player, especially in midfield, I’d guess the thinking is by the time a new CM would be there, Thiago and Jones would be back. So I don’t see a Brozovic-type signing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35462 on: August 9, 2022, 07:33:09 am »
Selling someone who is injury prone for £50M isn’t stupid if you bring in a better player

Getting £50million for an injury prone player who has 1 yr left on his deal, wouldn't be merely not stupid, it would be split the atom genius by our management

Keita is a fine player, but the potential rationale for not signing a midfielder this window, could be extended as to why it might not make sense to offer him a deal beyond this season.  Also, if we sign bellingham, we might want a back up m/f's that can do the job, having back up m/f like potentially thiago/ henderson/keita and potentially milner is a injury nightmare in waiting, these are guys that need their mins managing, if we have to throw them in to a hectic schedule, due to an injury to 1 of our 1st choice midfielders, then they could fall like skittles

I wonder how many injuries in midfield

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #35463 on: August 9, 2022, 07:36:54 am »
Convinced we wouldn't sign someone before we learned the extent of Thiagos injury and even more now. Not just because Klopp has said it but also because we need to remember we often have to give players a decent amount of time to get used to our system before they're playing anywhere near regularly. Obviously a new midfielder would still help across the duration of the season but in terms of what's happening right now, there isn't really any guarantee they would get a lot of minutes straight away, Fabinho and Robertson are just 2 examples of players we slowly introduced
It’s a mixed bag isn’t it really? We can’t tell what the management would do with new players. For every Fab and Robbo, as you rightly point out, there’s a VVD who goes straight into the line up within days of signing or a Salah/Mane who are straight into the team following pre season.

In such a condensed season, games coming rapidly in succession, a ‘break’ where a lot of our squad isn’t getting a break, there’s a clear need to bring someone in now to cover the fact that out of the midfielders available, every single one of them has had at least a month out injured in the past two seasons. In that time, Milner’s missed 13 games injured, Keita 21, Henderson 19, Thiago 41, Elliott 30, Fabinho 14 and Ox 22. That is beyond patchy availability, it’s awful. It’s caveated with the fact that the likes of Elliott was a single impact injury, but as the players get older and the fixtures more congested, there’s very much a need to address this before it gets worse, because realistically these players aren’t all of a sudden going to get less injury prone.

Looking up those numbers, it shocked me to see how available Keita has been, but even the best there is Milner who isn’t a first choice starter. Surrounding this is the fact we give players time to get back to match fitness and the fact three of that group are all currently injured. If the club chooses not to get someone as they believe they’ll manage, then that’s that. We’ll find a way. My argument would be we needed a midfielder even before Thiago’s injury.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35464 on: August 9, 2022, 07:42:00 am »
Also, Keita is clearly protected these days to avoid injuries. We very carefully manage his minutes. Same with Thiago I suspect. That's obviously a very good idea but it means that not only are they missing games injured (although in Keita's case not too many recently) but they're missing games when fit to avoid getting injured. That happens to every player to some extent obviously but with some of our midfielders they really do need nursing through seasons.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35465 on: August 9, 2022, 08:42:47 am »

It might be better than doing nothing, but we wouldn't want another player turning 30 in a couple of months on a 3 or 4 year deal, a loan maybe. That's why we let Gini go ultimately.

We need to sort the age profile out as well. Plan it properly, starting this summer. Nunes is the sort of profile that makes sense.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35466 on: August 9, 2022, 08:47:27 am »
It’s a mixed bag isn’t it really? We can’t tell what the management would do with new players. For every Fab and Robbo, as you rightly point out, there’s a VVD who goes straight into the line up within days of signing or a Salah/Mane who are straight into the team following pre season.

In such a condensed season, games coming rapidly in succession, a ‘break’ where a lot of our squad isn’t getting a break, there’s a clear need to bring someone in now to cover the fact that out of the midfielders available, every single one of them has had at least a month out injured in the past two seasons. In that time, Milner’s missed 13 games injured, Keita 21, Henderson 19, Thiago 41, Elliott 30, Fabinho 14 and Ox 22. That is beyond patchy availability, it’s awful. It’s caveated with the fact that the likes of Elliott was a single impact injury, but as the players get older and the fixtures more congested, there’s very much a need to address this before it gets worse, because realistically these players aren’t all of a sudden going to get less injury prone.

Looking up those numbers, it shocked me to see how available Keita has been, but even the best there is Milner who isn’t a first choice starter. Surrounding this is the fact we give players time to get back to match fitness and the fact three of that group are all currently injured. If the club chooses not to get someone as they believe they’ll manage, then that’s that. We’ll find a way. My argument would be we needed a midfielder even before Thiago’s injury.

Injuries aside, Keita has never really been able to establish himself in Klopp's first choice midfield as Fabinho/Hendo/Thiago/Wijnaldum/Coutinho have.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35467 on: August 9, 2022, 08:48:10 am »
Can we get Frenkie de Jong? Too expensive for our budget?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35468 on: August 9, 2022, 08:51:30 am »
Keita is a good player but isnt really at our level consistently.

He just lacks pace & mobility to cover the Trent or Robertson

Henderson's decline physically has been a loss.
Remember how good he was in 19/20.
We need someone to replace that.

That pass that De Bryne played yesterday Keita is capable of doing that.
But he suits more so the LCM role rather the RCM where we really need an athlete to cover Trent or a mobile 6.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35469 on: August 9, 2022, 08:52:52 am »

The stupidity is your valuation of Keita at 50 million..
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35470 on: August 9, 2022, 08:55:11 am »
Can we get Frenkie de Jong? Too expensive for our budget?

De Jong is a non-starter with wages. Would have been ideal to sign from Ajax.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35471 on: August 9, 2022, 08:59:21 am »
The stupidity is your valuation of Keita at 50 million..

In reality Keita with a year left on his deal is worth very little, in addition to injury record and not being first choice here. We'd obviously bite your hand off to get our money back on him. It's the same as with Ox and Origi last year. He's worth more to us in our squad than what little fee we'd get.

The issue is Keita and Ox being an impediment to signing someone who could be here more long term and a potential first choice player to replace the likes of Henderson or Thiago in the long term.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35472 on: August 9, 2022, 09:23:12 am »

:thumbup

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #35473 on: August 9, 2022, 09:29:01 am »
Doesn't seem to be anything new. It's that same (very unlikely) rumour about us potentially swapping Firmino or Keita for Brozovic that was in the Italian press on Friday being regurgitated.

How many draft picks are they giving us?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35474 on: August 9, 2022, 09:44:00 am »

100%. And the club agreed hence the attempt at Tchouameni. It's why 'waiting for Bellingham' seems a bit daft to me. We need 2 midfielders next summer, minimum. We need one right now, and we need [at least] one next summer when most likely Milner and Ox at a minium move on, plus Hendo/Thiago etc. are a year older. Whilst it goes without saying that I trust Klopp and the team, I can't see how anyone can argue that we wouldn't be vastly better off with an additonal midfielder. It's January 2021, but instead of CB's its' CMs.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35475 on: August 9, 2022, 09:50:22 am »
Laimer is someone who profiles as a good fit.

Whether he is good enough is another matter.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35476 on: August 9, 2022, 09:53:09 am »

I was more focussing on the fact you were saying we should sell him to Newcastle when the season has already begun and we already look depleted in midfield. Hardly a sensible footballing decision is it.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35477 on: August 9, 2022, 10:04:10 am »
Tielemans is seemingly available, honestly think he’d be a decent buy.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35478 on: August 9, 2022, 10:04:54 am »
Laimer is someone who profiles as a good fit.

Whether he is good enough is another matter.

I said earlier in the transfer window someone like Carlos Soler from Valencia would be a great option.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35479 on: August 9, 2022, 10:06:35 am »
De Jong is a non-starter with wages. Would have been ideal to sign from Ajax.

Is he more expensive than Bellingham?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI