Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 477334 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #6120 on: December 1, 2022, 11:05:25 am »
I used to use a bike lock. one part through the handle of the car door, and the other round the steering wheel, so you couldnt open the door or turn the wheel with it on. Would probably cost me a minute in the morning but worth it if you need peace of mind.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6121 on: December 1, 2022, 11:07:15 am »
Think I'm going to get me a steering wheel lock! I never bothered before as I thought it would too much of a faff every day but my own car is now just an occasional driver and I'd be heartbroken to lose it.

It's a 2013 Mini, I don't have it linked to any apps etc but I do have a button to open it and the fob just has a little slot to sit in rather than a key. I don't think it's the most obvious thief-attracting vehicle in the world (I'd be interested to know what the stolen ones were upthread) but you never know what they're looking for I guess.

Get a Disklok, the one that covers the wheel

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6122 on: December 1, 2022, 11:31:46 am »
Think I'm going to get me a steering wheel lock! I never bothered before as I thought it would too much of a faff every day but my own car is now just an occasional driver and I'd be heartbroken to lose it.

It's a 2013 Mini, I don't have it linked to any apps etc but I do have a button to open it and the fob just has a little slot to sit in rather than a key. I don't think it's the most obvious thief-attracting vehicle in the world (I'd be interested to know what the stolen ones were upthread) but you never know what they're looking for I guess.

I think the cars they tend to go for most are Audis, BMW, Mercs and suchlike.

I remember when it used to be Subarus and VW Golfs too.

Since I got my first car I've always used a Stoplock Pro steering lock. I was going to upgrade to a Disklok but never got around to it. My current car came with alarm and immobiliser but I had it upgraded to Thatcham Cat1 standard. I still use the Stoplock Pro and because the car has keyless entry and start I use a faraday pouch to store the keys in.

Faraday pouches are great, but you have to keep checking that they work. After a while they seem to lose their ability to block the signal. I try to open my car door with the key in the pouch in my pocket. Once I find I can do so, I bin the pouch and use a new one. They are cheap as chips, and often come in packs of two. I'd go expensive but a fella who installs alarms was telling me a customer of his had a very expensive pouch by Audi and that stopped working after a while too. He advised me to check them for effectiveness every so often. If I get six months out of a pouch I'm ok with that. It's often more though.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2022, 11:33:39 am by Son of Mince Pie on a Plate »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6123 on: December 1, 2022, 02:19:08 pm »
I used to use a bike lock. one part through the handle of the car door, and the other round the steering wheel, so you couldnt open the door or turn the wheel with it on. Would probably cost me a minute in the morning but worth it if you need peace of mind.

How did that work, did you get in and out the passenger side?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6124 on: December 1, 2022, 02:23:05 pm »

Most cars now you can close the windows with the key so presume its get out of the car, attach the lock through the open window and then close the window with the key?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6125 on: December 1, 2022, 02:23:53 pm »
yeah i did

figured if someone did break in they couldnt open the driver door or turn the wheel but yeah I would get in the following day through passenger door, unlock and then carry on
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6126 on: December 1, 2022, 05:04:49 pm »
Over here lads have figured out how to start Kias using a usb stick. Good news is the skyrocketing rate of Kias now being stolen has somewhat quelled the carjacking rate

Source: https://cwbchicago.com/2022/11/carjackings-plunge-as-kia-boys-fuel-a-185-increase-in-traditional-auto-thefts-in-chicago.html

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6127 on: December 2, 2022, 10:55:40 am »
Over here lads have figured out how to start Kias using a usb stick. Good news is the skyrocketing rate of Kias now being stolen has somewhat quelled the carjacking rate

Source: https://cwbchicago.com/2022/11/carjackings-plunge-as-kia-boys-fuel-a-185-increase-in-traditional-auto-thefts-in-chicago.html

Given I've got a Kia EV6 on order, you sent me into a panic. Thankfully, the new Kias have had that problem ironed out (and the EV6 has a 'motion key' to stop any relay-thefts)

Fuck knows when I'll get the sodding car, though.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #6128 on: January 20, 2023, 03:29:23 pm »
Any/many in here used Cazoo for buying a car? Any issues?

Went and spoke to my local dealer recently and he looked at a few options coming up at auctions, but when I look at Cazoo I'm in the region of almost a quarter of the monthly cost better off.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6129 on: January 24, 2023, 04:21:24 pm »
Jeep Renegade, I really like it!

Possibly the post-shift delirium but I am cackling at this.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6130 on: February 3, 2023, 06:33:43 pm »
The new Hyundai Ioniq 6 looks mint

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6131 on: February 3, 2023, 06:35:01 pm »
It’s so close.. but they missed
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6132 on: February 3, 2023, 06:38:04 pm »
Any/many in here used Cazoo for buying a car? Any issues?

Went and spoke to my local dealer recently and he looked at a few options coming up at auctions, but when I look at Cazoo I'm in the region of almost a quarter of the monthly cost better off.

My lad got one off them about 18 months ago , I looked into them and the reviews seemed ok , he bought a five / six year old Renault which had a really low mileage and the mots made them seem genuine . He’s had it 18 months and touch wood no issues and flew through its mot recently .

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6133 on: February 3, 2023, 06:58:21 pm »

Did a Merc C class Coupe shag a VW Beetle?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6134 on: February 3, 2023, 09:29:56 pm »
How have you compared it to two cars and neither is a Porsche?

I’d say that and a merc cls

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6135 on: February 3, 2023, 10:11:46 pm »

The arse looked very Porsche, but the side on is deffo Beetle front and Merc back - it was the CLS I was thinking of, not the C coupe

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6136 on: February 3, 2023, 10:24:18 pm »
Both really good observations :)

Although many loved it, I hated the old pedal handbrake on the early IONIQ. But these cars have evolved from what's regarded as an inexpensive unpopular car to an inexpensive modern acceptable car. Business leasing was really cost effective for an IONIQ if you're in that game.

This is an entirely new car though isn't it. In many circumstances wheels can make a car, I'd love to see different options.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6137 on: February 3, 2023, 10:28:52 pm »
Inexpensive? It’s about £50k isn’t it?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6138 on: February 4, 2023, 08:39:44 am »
Inexpensive? It’s about £50k isn’t it?
To business lease the old models, not researched the latest mate.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6139 on: March 22, 2023, 09:03:01 am »
Did you get your car delivered Nobby?
Ant feedback?

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6140 on: March 22, 2023, 11:33:32 am »

The front is not too bad but that rear end is an abomination!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6141 on: March 23, 2023, 05:44:56 pm »
Finally got my new car, almost 12 months from order date.

It's an EV and I love it even more than I thought I would. Looks ace from the front and side, but I'm struggling to love it from the back  ;D

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 07:12:49 pm by Nobby Reserve »

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6142 on: March 23, 2023, 06:44:17 pm »
I'm coming up to 12 months with my current company car, ('22 Civic SE) and suddenly they've noticed and want to take it off me to flog it. I've been told I'm getting a brand new Golf Estate, not sure which trim but it's a 1.5 auto. Could have it sometime next week.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6143 on: March 25, 2023, 02:13:34 pm »
Nice video on the legendary Lotus Carlton.

Proof the UK hates the Poor.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FYfyPtA9sNI&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FYfyPtA9sNI&amp;t=1s</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6144 on: March 25, 2023, 04:48:50 pm »
I know SUV’s aren’t to everybody’s liking, especially in here :D but I’ve had this nearly a year now and still absolutely love driving it. I’m not really a boy racer either but I do enjoy the power off the lights, especially when someone with a more recognisable badge on the bonnet gets alongside and gets left behind.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6145 on: March 25, 2023, 06:32:55 pm »
SUVs are just so stylistically boring. They all look alike to me. It’s like some boring Borg, spreading through once varied car universe, unifying everything into one bland mass. No more caravans - just SUVs. Hatchbacks keep growing into them, less sedans, even small cars are being mutated into SUVs, like poor Yaris.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6146 on: March 25, 2023, 06:49:47 pm »
SUVs are just so stylistically boring. They all look alike to me. It’s like some boring Borg, spreading through once varied car universe, unifying everything into one bland mass. No more caravans - just SUVs. Hatchbacks keep growing into them, less sedans, even small cars are being mutated into SUVs, like poor Yaris.
Yeah i agree at them looking the same, we have a Touareg R and it looks like a Audi Q7 from the side, i never drive it, prefer my Ford Ranger.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6147 on: March 25, 2023, 10:27:32 pm »
I know SUV’s aren’t to everybody’s liking, especially in here :D but I’ve had this nearly a year now and still absolutely love driving it. I’m not really a boy racer either but I do enjoy the power off the lights, especially when someone with a more recognisable badge on the bonnet gets alongside and gets left behind.
It's great when you love your car. Have you had any need for service support and has it been OK?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6148 on: March 25, 2023, 10:52:28 pm »
It's great when you love your car. Have you had any need for service support and has it been OK?

Nope it’s been flawless mechanically. The infotainment system can very very occasionally become a bit unstable but it’s fine after a quick restart.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6149 on: April 11, 2023, 08:14:27 pm »

I picked it up a week ago and starting to get a bit more used to it, I've never driven an estate before so manoeuvering the back end into parking spots is still something I'm taking my time with.

I've got a dual-carriageway run up to Dundee tomorrow to stretch its legs a bit. It's only the 130HP engine but seems responsive enough.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6150 on: April 11, 2023, 08:56:17 pm »
Changed our Model 3 for a Model Y.

Probably prefer the Model 3 but it's still a nice car.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #6151 on: April 19, 2023, 11:26:03 pm »

Saw this 2005 T Bird yesterday.  First time ever.  I'm in lust again.

Saw the original '55 in '63 and thought: one day.

I'm getting one.
Kill the humourless

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #6152 on: April 20, 2023, 01:39:21 pm »
The hyundai's look nice, but do they drive nicely? what are the cabins like?
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6153 on: April 20, 2023, 09:37:51 pm »

Saw this 2005 T Bird yesterday.  First time ever.  I'm in lust again.

Saw the original '55 in '63 and thought: one day.

I'm getting one.

Looks like a crown Victoria and a pt cruiser had a sporty child

No accounting for taste  ;D

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #6154 on: April 24, 2023, 09:05:20 am »

Don't care if it's ugly! Wuling Bingo is like £7000, 150 mile range, could change a hell of a lot!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6155 on: April 24, 2023, 01:05:23 pm »

Don't care if it's ugly! Wuling Bingo is like £7000, 150 mile range, could change a hell of a lot!

I'm trying to tread very carefully here, but that 'face' has certain racial stereotypes

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #6156 on: April 24, 2023, 02:21:38 pm »
I'm sure its available in different colours NoBBBy! haha.

But thats a decent price for a new car, and if it gains a good reputation, it will be in demand.

On a different subject, I'm part of this 4 Series BMW Group on facebook (cos i was interested in buying a 428i Gran Coupe) but this american lady joined the group and said "HEY YALL I JUST BOUGHT THIS BEAUTY FOR MY 16 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!"

The english people losing their rags is an understatement. Imagine buying your 16 year old a 430i BMW 2023.  Most of us had Nissan Micra's and VW Polo's, and that was at 18-19 not 16.

At that point in my life (16), I would have been happy with a Marin Mountain Bike with Shimano Deore XT.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6157 on: April 24, 2023, 03:04:34 pm »

I'm trying to tread very carefully here, but that 'face' has certain racial stereotypes

They are a Chinese company, so its probably intentional

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6158 on: April 24, 2023, 03:46:38 pm »
Imagine buying your 16 year old a 430i BMW 2023.  Most of us had Nissan Micra's and VW Polo's, and that was at 18-19 not 16.

No idea what the US car market is like, but I'm in a Mini group online and there's always posts from US people like "First car!" and it's a brand new Cooper S or JCW, at least $30k worth of car.

I also spent some time during the lockdowns getting addicted to those American drunk driving police stop videos, and they always seem to be driving really nice big new cars (some of which have been wrapped around lamp posts).

My first car cost about £1300, my second about the same, and my third pushed the boat out at a whopping £2500.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #6159 on: April 25, 2023, 12:31:24 pm »
My first: '61 Corvair Monza.  $500 in 1970.
Kill the humourless