Author Topic: HBO Series:- The Last of Us [spoiler tags approach applies!]  (Read 26268 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: HBO Series:- The Last of Us
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2023, 09:37:59 am »
Yeah I read somewhere that the latest episode has been review bombed by all the homophobes and people that call other people snowflakes even though they get offended by absolutely everything themselves.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2023, 10:18:52 am »
Tremendous stuff

Also quite happy that
Spoiler
it was different from the game. Its all great stuff so far but also had a tinge of 'I wish I hadn't played the game so I didn't know what was coming' but yeah....great that they changed it up
[close]
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2023, 11:10:36 am »
Ha, we are watching White Lotus in between TLOU drops so seeing Murray Bartlett will be a trip.

Good to hear they're fleshing out some of the storylines you learn snippets of in the game via artefacts. They enrich the game, but would make boring TV if Joel and Ellie just read notes to each other.

Feels as though they've cut a good handful of the action-y 'encounters' by this stage too - I guess the parts that bring challenge to the game might feel repetitive to watch on tv, whilst excessive story/cut-scenes would take away from the flow of the game.

They've done a magnificent job with this so far. What an episode that was. Only recently watched Chernobyl, and this 'departure' episode very much felt like the young lad's story in the fourth episode of that.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2023, 02:00:17 pm »
Was going to swerve this thinking it'd just be more zombie nonsense....so glad I didnt...episode 3 in particular...man alive, that's some quality television right there
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2023, 02:15:46 pm »
Pretty much a perfect first three episodes. Hard to think of any shows that have ever started this strongly.

I like the changes they've made so far as well, all things that make perfect sense for a TV adaptation. Think they'll have to keep that up as the show moves forward especially given how terrible the story in the 2nd game is.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2023, 03:12:45 pm »
Pretty much a perfect first three episodes. Hard to think of any shows that have ever started this strongly.

I like the changes they've made so far as well, all things that make perfect sense for a TV adaptation. Think they'll have to keep that up as the show moves forward especially given how terrible the story in the 2nd game is.

Them fightin' words!!!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2023, 03:21:09 pm »

Although
Spoiler
you wonder if they might call an audible and have Joel survive, or at least die in a different way which means he's still around for most of season 2. He's the 'big star' of the show, Pedro Pascal.
[close]
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2023, 03:24:27 pm »

Although
Spoiler
you wonder if they might call an audible and have Joel survive, or at least die in a different way which means he's still around for most of season 2. He's the 'big star' of the show, Pedro Pascal.
[close]

Spoiler
Think he'll still die but there's still plenty of the flashbacks throughout the game and they'll probably use that even more in the show. So he'll still have plenty of screen time.
[close]
Big TLOU2 spoilers.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 03:26:57 pm by Garlicbread »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2023, 03:45:39 pm »
Feel like Part 2 spoilers needing binning off completely in this thread. Something big got ruined for me a couple of pages back.

Spoiler for later/anticipated Part 1 stuff, fair enough.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2023, 03:48:37 pm »
Feel like Part 2 spoilers needing binning off completely in this thread. Something big got ruined for me a couple of pages back.

Spoiler for later/anticipated Part 1 stuff, fair enough.

Sorry mate. I'll do my best to shut up about it going forward.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2023, 03:49:43 pm »

Fight me.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2023, 03:50:05 pm »
Ha, we are watching White Lotus in between TLOU drops so seeing Murray Bartlett will be a trip.

Good to hear they're fleshing out some of the storylines you learn snippets of in the game via artefacts. They enrich the game, but would make boring TV if Joel and Ellie just read notes to each other.

Even that was heartbreaking in EP3  ;D

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2023, 03:53:49 pm »
Yeah would be good if those posting spoilers at least let us know that they are game related, rather than episode related. I want to see spoilers relating to what I've watched!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #173 on: January 31, 2023, 05:02:36 pm »
Yeah would be good if those posting spoilers at least let us know that they are game related, rather than episode related. I want to see spoilers relating to what I've watched!

I second this. No game spoilers in here please, there already is a game thread.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #174 on: January 31, 2023, 05:09:31 pm »
Binge watched the 3 episodes this morning.

Really enjoyed it - not played the game.

Ep3 was superb - I really enjoyed the pacing, the cinematography, the music and the poignancy of the story it told.

Just outstanding.

Looking forward to the rest.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2023, 06:30:58 pm »

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2023, 06:32:20 pm »
How do you get HBO?

I've got this game but never played it much, not a great fan of zombie-type things.
Legacy fan

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2023, 06:34:51 pm »
Bloody good stuff from Ron Swanson and the rest. Really impressive start.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2023, 06:39:34 pm »
Certainly a memorable episode.

Interesting to see the largely positive reaction to them taking certain things in their own direction. I've never cared about that and last night sort of proves that people only complain about deviating from the plot if it's executed poorly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2023, 06:46:09 pm »
Why are people discussing season 2 if you haven't played the game ::)

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2023, 06:47:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/status/1619946419946950658

This makes episode 3 feel even more sad and sweet at the same time.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2023, 07:21:15 pm »

Thirded.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2023, 09:23:32 pm »
Thirded.

I'll loop back in and fourth-it.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2023, 09:26:09 pm »
I wonder if any of the non-gamers here are tempted to take to Youtube and watch some of the cutscenes from the game once Season 1 is concluded. Seeing the deviations for episode 3 was quite a treat from my perspective.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2023, 09:47:59 pm »
That was a bit good.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2023, 10:52:19 pm »
For people kicking off saying that episode 3 added nothing for Ellie and Joel, they’ve completely missed the entire point of the episode.

Cretins.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2023, 11:18:43 pm »
Would be sound if the title was changed. No game spoilers just spoiler quote and tv show discussion. Even talk of characters we know nothing about is off putting.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 1, 2023, 12:17:10 am »
Good episode but

Spoiler
who the fuck falls in a 10 foot wide hole like that?
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #188 on: February 1, 2023, 12:50:01 am »
The show the biggest spoiler,no ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 1, 2023, 01:34:04 am »
Good episode but

Spoiler
who the fuck falls in a 10 foot wide hole like that?
[close]

Spoiler
Bill covered it up during the montage at the start
[close]

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 1, 2023, 03:52:36 am »
That was magnificent.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #191 on: February 1, 2023, 08:51:00 am »
A fantastic episode. Really had me and the wife choked up.

Well acted and shot beautifully. I really enjoyed this step out of the main narrative.

As someone who hasn't played the game, I again agree that game talk should be left out of the thread.

I want to talk about the TV show in this thread. No need to discuss the game. I guess if it needs to be, can it be spoilered and highlighted as a game spoiler?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 1, 2023, 09:04:24 am »
Why don’t you motherfuckers just play the game instead of moaning about not playing the game?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 1, 2023, 09:54:04 am »
Spoiler
Bill covered it up during the montage at the start
[close]

Spoiler
Ah nice spot, I went back afterwards and flicked through looking for him doing that but couldn't see any evidence of it.
[close]

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 1, 2023, 10:00:52 am »
Why don’t you motherfuckers just play the game instead of moaning about not playing the game?

Playstation exclusive.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: February 1, 2023, 10:04:37 am »

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 1, 2023, 10:11:47 am »
I played the game at release but have pretty much forgotten everything about it.   But watching this series brings it all flooding back though.

Looks like you guys are raving about E3 but i only just caught up with E2 last night. Brilliant episode. Loved it.

E2 big spoiler

Spoiler
Even though the final scene was a well worn movie trope. Tess’ sacrifice was a magnificent scene. Tess character was brilliant. Can’t stop thinking about her final moments today and will be defo be rewatching it before I settle down to E3 tonight
[close]

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 1, 2023, 10:15:43 am »
Buy one  ;D

Never forgave Sony for bespoke SD cards in PS Vita.
I hold my grudges.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #198 on: February 1, 2023, 10:41:09 am »
Although
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
My prediction for this is they'll play around with the timeline a little but this season they'll establish the world and next season a lot of the 'flashback stuff' will be Joel focussed so he'll still star, but not in present day.
[close]

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #199 on: February 1, 2023, 10:42:00 am »
Amazing TV watching this, so many amazing little touches and nods still to the game but an incredible hour of TV.

This is supposed to be the happy episode, if you believe Druckerman.