Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1317031 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: TORY ONLY Polticis Thread
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2022, 09:29:29 am »
You mean the Police that work for the dodgy Cressida Dick?

Exactly this.

The Met are as corrupt as them.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2022, 09:46:10 am »
So what will it be then?

Will he resign voluntarily?
No confidence vote from the party?
Leadership challenge?
Forced to resign because he has (repeatedly) broken the Ministerial Code by misleading the house (which is a laugh because he does this on a weekly basis)

There's got to be a way of making it clear that just changing leader won't wash. The MPs and cabinet members that have enabled him and made excuses for him are just as guilty and should also pay the electoral price. The sooner we never have to face the realisation that the likes of Gove, Rees Mogg, Sunak, Truss, Patel are in power the better.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2022, 09:50:46 am »
He’s cancelled his visits today as a family member got Covid.

What a coward.

Also, I didn’t think you had to self isolate in this scenario nowadays.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2022, 09:56:56 am »

What a coward.

Yeah I thought that about self isolating too.

Starmer self isolated last week for same thing so maybe MPs do it ???!!!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2022, 10:08:30 am »
Yeah I thought that about self isolating too.

Starmer self isolated last week for same thing so maybe MPs do it ???!!!

It is bullshit. General public would need to go to work.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2022, 10:10:26 am »
is no one else being hammered for being at the party?

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2022, 10:13:43 am »

They were apparently so hammered at the party they forgot it was a party and need an official inquiry to see if there even was a party.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2022, 10:14:13 am »

His spokesperson resigned for joking about the parties. Whereas everyone who organised and attended them seems to have gotten away with it.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2022, 10:15:46 am »

What a coward.

If you are fully jabbed, and boosted if needed, then no, you just need to do a daily LFT.

Not following the rules again
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2022, 10:19:58 am »
It is bullshit. General public would need to go to work.
I think he's technically right to cancel the trip but, knowing what we do about his general approach to Covid, it's clearly cowardice rather than any real concern for public health.  It's not a legal requirement but it's "strongly advised".

To further reduce the chance of passing COVID-19 on to others, you are strongly advised to:

- limit close contact with people outside your household, especially in crowded, enclosed or poorly ventilated spaces
- work from home if you are able to
- wear a face covering in crowded, enclosed or poorly ventilated spaces and where you are in close contact with other people
- limit contact with anyone who is at higher risk of severe illness if infected with COVID- 19

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2022, 10:24:27 am »

What a coward.

have they said which family member? He only lives with his missus and two of his offspring?  As you say probably all utter bullshit
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2022, 10:25:59 am »
have they said which family member? He only lives with his missus and two of his offspring?  As you say probably all utter bullshit

Because he is a fucking coward.

The general public would have to work!

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2022, 10:30:09 am »
So if I threw or allowed a party at my house during lockdown but didn’t attend myself would I have broken the law? My assumption is yes. If that’s the case, while Johnson seems to be claiming I didn’t break the rules because I was in my own garden in my home, the fact a party was taking place in his home means he’s still broken the law?

Am I missing something?

Some legal guy on the radio the other day answered this by saying you'd be guilty of allowing somebody to break the rules 🤷

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2022, 10:31:23 am »
The man is everything and more that’s been said about him - an utterly despicable chancer, charlatan and congenital liar.

But his appeal to non-Tories was his bigging up of the U.K, the promise of ‘levelling up’ and the notion that the austerity that characterised Cameron’s Premiership was to be reversed under his.

Anyone taking over is likely to revert to the small-state, tax increases, austerity model so loved by the hardcore of the Party. When the effects of Covid and Brexit are factored in, it might well be a very bleak future for the poorest.

In other words, his departure could make things worse.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2022, 11:05:08 am »
So what will it be then?

Will he resign voluntarily?
No confidence vote from the party?
Leadership challenge?
Forced to resign because he has (repeatedly) broken the Ministerial Code by misleading the house (which is a laugh because he does this on a weekly basis)

There's got to be a way of making it clear that just changing leader won't wash. The MPs and cabinet members that have enabled him and made excuses for him are just as guilty and should also pay the electoral price. The sooner we never have to face the realisation that the likes of Gove, Rees Mogg, Sunak, Truss, Patel are in power the better.

Reckon he will lie, bluff and bluster until people are forced to move on snd forget about it. Seems to be the way these days

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2022, 11:18:43 am »
The man is everything and more that’s been said about him - an utterly despicable chancer, charlatan and congenital liar.

But his appeal to non-Tories was his bigging up of the U.K, the promise of ‘levelling up’ and the notion that the austerity that characterised Cameron’s Premiership was to be reversed under his.

Anyone taking over is likely to revert to the small-state, tax increases, austerity model so loved by the hardcore of the Party. When the effects of Covid and Brexit are factored in, it might well be a very bleak future for the poorest.

In other words, his departure could make things worse.
Only if you believe any of Johnson's pledges regarding levelling up and the reversing of austerity.  As you say, he's a congenital liar that will say anything to advance his own prospects.

The pandemic has clearly impacted on the government's ability to progress other policies but the "levelling up" we have see can be characterised by:
- Continuing to cut funding to local authorities who in turn then reduce services (https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/concerns-raised-government-funding-cornwall-6478074)
- Replacing EU funding with far reduced central government funding, if at all (https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/cornwall-brexit-funding-eu-government-300631/)
- Scrapping the northern part of HS2
- Headline grabbing government funded schemes that don't touch the sides compared to what those areas have lost.  A few Łm here and there is nice for those particular projects but hundreds of billions are required.

The Tory approach to the Ł20 UC uplift suggests a pretty weak commitment to reversing austerity and pay rises in the public sector will be massively outstripped by inflation!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2022, 11:29:06 am »

His fourteenth cousin, twelve times removed, who he last saw seventeen years ago. But you can't be too careful... except when you're wandering around a hospital without a mask on of course.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2022, 11:29:18 am »
Just waiting for the video of Johnson and Sue Gray singing, 'I got you babe', at the number 10 karaoke. I wonder if even that would be enough.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2022, 11:38:57 am »
https://twitter.com/JohnJCrace/status/1481585655935389702?s=20   :o

Just seen that he also said on Newsnight that a review into whether the restrictions at the time were proportionate or not might form part of the inquiry.

That will go down well with the public.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2022, 12:01:57 pm »

Just seen that he also said on Newsnight that a review into whether the restrictions at the time were proportionate or not might form part of the inquiry.

That's absolutely pathetic from Mogg, whether the rules were too strict or not is totally irrelevant, those were the rules and indeed the laws at the time and should have been adhered too.

I mean will people start arguing in court, yes your honour I did drink and drive but felt at the time that the laws were too harsh!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2022, 12:05:54 pm »

Please let that be the get out of jail card they play.  Please, oh please.

The stink that will cause will be unreal.  The government will lose any credibility to impose any rules in the future.  The ambulance chasing legal eagles will be cold calling everyone to see if they were fined for breaking pandemic restrictions.  Any Tories that go along with it will forever coat themselves in Johnson's foul stench.  Sacrificing themselves and their party to cover for Johnson of all fucking people.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2022, 12:17:47 pm »
John Crace
@JohnJCrace
Rees Mogg latest excuse for Boris. The measures in place were too harsh for people to be expected to obey them. Seriously

They don't even realise they are scum do they?

I don't want him sacked or resigning. I want all the people at the party to serve time in jail for breaking the law.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2022, 12:21:39 pm »
They're even thicker than we thought.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2022, 12:42:09 pm »
John Crace
@JohnJCrace
Rees Mogg latest excuse for Boris. The measures in place were too harsh for people to be expected to obey them. Seriously

I don't want him sacked or resigning. I want all the people at the party to serve time in jail for breaking the law.
Extremely thick or extremely arrogant.
Funny how they can rake over old decisions when it suits them, normally toddler haircut tells us we should all move on.

I mean, just when bereaved families have seen all the flagrant rule breaking. This gobshite tries to say the rules were too harsh.

Wonder how many fines/warnings/penalties will have to be rescinded?

Marina Hyde said that at the time of this party, a Met officer stopped her playing cricket in a park with her kids because cricket was sport not exercise.

Orwell was a genius. Animal farm has come true, even down to the pigs at the top.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2022, 12:57:42 pm »
Extremely thick or extremely arrogant.
Funny how they can rake over old decisions when it suits them, normally toddler haircut tells us we should all move on.

I mean, just when bereaved families have seen all the flagrant rule breaking. This gobshite tries to say the rules were too harsh.

Wonder how many fines/warnings/penalties will have to be rescinded?

Marina Hyde said that at the time of this party, a Met officer stopped her playing cricket in a park with her kids because cricket was sport not exercise.

Orwell was a genius. Animal farm has come true, even down to the pigs at the top.
With their time at college, pigs at the top is quite appropriate for their ilk

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2022, 01:02:51 pm »
They're even thicker than we thought.

They aren't thick, they are extremely cunning.
They've stolen billions from the public purse, took us out of the EU to protect tax avoidance and to remove many of the rights we enjoyed under membership.
Now they are busy changing the law to make it impossible to protest against them or possibly to vote them out.
Even Cameron got rich by accessing COVID money to prop up Greensill while it defrauded its investors.
They are scum but they are not thick. Definitely arrogant though. They continue to do as they like and push the boundaries of decency, all the while safe in the knowledge that as things stand, their privilege and position insulates them from any real accountability.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:07:16 pm by lobsterboy »

Offline lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2022, 01:05:33 pm »
Please let that be the get out of jail card they play.  Please, oh please.

The stink that will cause will be unreal.  The government will lose any credibility to impose any rules in the future.  The ambulance chasing legal eagles will be cold calling everyone to see if they were fined for breaking pandemic restrictions.  Any Tories that go along with it will forever coat themselves in Johnson's foul stench.  Sacrificing themselves and their party to cover for Johnson of all fucking people.

They won't be paying for it though will they. We will. Sue the government and it ultimately comes from money that would go on services.
They will carry on regardless. Tax havens are safe, the covid money has been pocketed, the positions on boards of directors are in place and the Knighthoods and honours will be forthcoming.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2022, 01:07:05 pm »
They've stolen billions from the public purse, took us out of the EU to protect tax avoidance and to remove many of the rights we enjoyed under membership.
Now they are busy changing the law to make it impossible to protest against them or possibly to vote them out.
Even Cameron got rich by accessing COVID money to prop up Greensill while it defrauded its investors.
They are scum but they are not thick. They continue to do as they like and push the boundaries of decency, all the while safe in the knowledge that as things stand, their privilege and position insulates them from any real accountability.

:thumbup

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2022, 01:38:24 pm »
They are scum but they are not thick. Definitely arrogant though. They continue to do as they like and push the boundaries of decency, all the while safe in the knowledge that as things stand, their privilege and position insulates them from any real accountability.
Yeah, they are corrupt and selfish, they have no decency, it is actually quiet hard to find the right arguments to defend the indefensible. they know their critics don't believe the bullshit but they are not trying to bullshit their critics, the aim is to bullshit their gullible supporters.
They have one big flaw though, they are arrogant, they have taken a lot of pleasure from conning the public as they think they are very clever people, this arrogance has given them a false sense of security. they thought they were untouchable, they never worried about how things looked, they believed a few words from Boris would be enough to satisfy their supporters.
I first noticed this self satisfied arrogance during the Brexit will of the people debates in Parliament, am convinced the whole of the ERG came out of the bar one night straight into one debate, JRM giving one of his disgusting will of the people speeches, all the ERG slouching in their seats comfortably looking at each other smiling and smirking, they thought he was amazing, how it was incredible to see him wining over the man in the street knowing the sort of man he is, this arrogance had led to corruption which led to incompetence.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:42:25 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2022, 01:43:27 pm »
The only way he’ll go is if there’s some kind of rebellion or leadership challenge against him.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2022, 01:46:30 pm »
Angela Rayner has been on great form throughout all this.

Offline lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2022, 01:51:02 pm »
Meanwhile hospital waiting lists top 6 million for the first time.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2022, 01:58:13 pm »
Meanwhile hospital waiting lists top 6 million for the first time.
It's a terrible number and I feel for people awaiting treatment, but I wonder how many voted Tory because "the other lot will increase taxes"

This country needs a serious debate about the type of country we all want to live in and the cost of providing it.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2022, 02:01:58 pm »
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson unlikely to be seen in public for a week, says Downing St

Period stuck inside No 10 comes at arguably fortuitous time for PM facing intense scrutiny over ‘partygate’

I truly believe they tested positive.............. ;)

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2022, 02:04:31 pm »
It's a terrible number and I feel for people awaiting treatment, but I wonder how many voted Tory because "the other lot will increase taxes"

This country needs a serious debate about the type of country we all want to live in and the cost of providing it.

I'm all for making the 1% and 0.1% pay their fair share!

How about you?

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2022, 02:12:48 pm »
The only way he’ll go is if there’s some kind of rebellion or leadership challenge against him.

Which there won't be because all of the new Tory MP's owe him their seat, those in Govt owe him their jobs and the rest think he's a rockstar and are aligned with his bollocks.

Add to that the fact that it's probably the worst time imaginable to come in as leader/PM. Plummeting in the polls, tax rises, cost of living skyrocketing, economy on it's arse, tory sleaze, tory lies, party gate etc etc. Whoever comes in next is going to have to deal with the consequences of Johnson's torrid time in government and you can bet there are various other shit storms in the pipeline too. The sensible ones will probably blend into the background and try and remove themselves from anything to do with him.

Probably also still at least a 50-50 chance, in this cesspit of a country, that he just stays and still gets a decent majority at the next GE.

Online Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2022, 02:22:45 pm »
That's absolutely pathetic from Mogg, whether the rules were too strict or not is totally irrelevant, those were the rules and indeed the laws at the time and should have been adhered too.

I mean will people start arguing in court, yes your honour I did drink and drive but felt at the time that the laws were too harsh!

One thing I will say is that, before he got a Cabinet position, I had assumed Mogg, whilst he was an odious human being, some sort of excellent debater that would be hard to stump.

I could not have been further off the mark, he's as gaffe prown as anyone

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2022, 02:39:39 pm »

It's a common theme with all public services that a lot of people don't want to pay for them and then when it comes their turn to need them they are surprised (or, in many cases, angry) that they don't get a very good service if they even get one at all.  I don't think many people step back in that moment and think "Ahhh, so this is the consequence of lower tax rates and tax avoidance".

The backlash against a relatively minor increase to NI which was directly linked to funding Adult Social Care shows the challenges facing any political party that wants to fund public services properly.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2022, 02:41:08 pm »
John Crace
@JohnJCrace

Thats about as good as Cumming's day trip to test his eye sight.

It's the arrogance of people that never had to stick to a contract, never had to follow the rules, always got special treatment, always got out because of who they were, or their parents were, or the position they were in, or the school they went to. It's the same with Brexit, they just can't grasp the concept of being bound by a contract, or even their word.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2022, 03:07:44 pm »

Be the dog.