Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1736347 times)

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL SUMMER 2020 TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2020, 10:56:48 am »
So they're apparently giving Auba 250k a week +

Meaning unless they somehow buy out Ozil or move him 12 months from now they'll have:

Auba 250k a week - 32yrs old
Willian 225k a week - 33yrs old
Ozil 350k a week - 109yrs old in footballing terms

That's a million a week on declining players or 50 milion quid a year or more than 8 clubs in the leagues entire wage bill

Remember when Wenger used to get shit for selling players too early they were so well run back then - long time ago

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2020, 10:58:59 am »
It’s a £37 million outlay (plus undoubtedly a hefty signing on fee) for a 32 year old winger. Which is odd when they’ve got Saka and Pepe in the same sort of position, plus potentially Martinelli depending how they play. Especially odd when you consider the CBs and CMs they have. Plus Joorabchian getting another of his clients a big contract there, considering his links with Edu and other higher ups there, has got to be disconcerting for Arsenal fans.

Of all the clubs you’d think would be wary of giving big, long contracts to older AMs you’d think Arsenal would be the one.

Fair enough, an its a lot no doubt on a 32 year old, an a risk, yet not unheard of I think Milner is on around £180pw an is 34 so not miles away. I just think its a much better move for them to get a proven talent in the PL and on a free, an if he performs as he has done for even two more seasons getting around 10 goals and 10 assists a season it'll be a great deal for them.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2020, 11:02:17 am »
Fair enough, an its a lot no doubt on a 32 year old, an a risk, yet not unheard of I think Milner is on around £180pw an is 34 so not miles away. m.

Milner is on something like £120-140k and that includes his signing on fee I believe as he came on a free.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2020, 11:03:58 am »
I think Willian is a good signing for them in a football sense - but financially it's bad. And I'd be surprised if they had tons of leeway in their finances anyway, it's not like they're United who can swallow the Sanchez loss. If it goes wrong for them, it could be disastrous.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2020, 11:05:32 am »
Millie was 29 when we signed him though. And it obviously doesn’t really need saying but with Milner you’re getting far, far more than just a good player on the pitch. I don’t see the same with Willian. If I remember rightly he wasn’t particularly fond of Sarri and was just a dick to Conte.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2020, 11:07:53 am »
Milner is on something like £120-140k and that includes his signing on fee I believe as he came on a free.

Saw it on sportrac a while ago, I take it thats full of shit then? If so bad example but sure there are others.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2020, 11:10:21 am »
Millie was 29 when we signed him though. And it obviously doesn’t really need saying but with Milner you’re getting far, far more than just a good player on the pitch. I don’t see the same with Willian. If I remember rightly he wasn’t particularly fond of Sarri and was just a dick to Conte.

To be fair though like I say he has around 10 goals and assists per season. If you can get help with 20 goals a season on a free that will be pretty decent. Big if but that risk comes with all transfers. Time will tell I suppose but can see them getting at least one good season or so out of him.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2020, 11:11:30 am »
Saw it on sportrac a while ago, I take it thats full of shit then? If so bad example but sure there are others.

It is, it's pure guesswork from them.

When he signed we never paid anyone even close to that amount other than Gerrard, and I don't think even he was on that high. Most reliable journos at the time put it around £140k including his sign on bonus which was spread over the contract.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2020, 11:17:48 am »
It’s a £37 million outlay (plus undoubtedly a hefty signing on fee) for a 32 year old winger. Which is odd when they’ve got Saka and Pepe in the same sort of position, plus potentially Martinelli depending how they play. Especially odd when you consider the CBs and CMs they have. Plus Joorabchian getting another of his clients a big contract there, considering his links with Edu and other higher ups there, has got to be disconcerting for Arsenal fans.

Of all the clubs you’d think would be wary of giving big, long contracts to older AMs you’d think Arsenal would be the one.

I read an article a week or two ago (maybe from John Cross) which said the plan is to play him centrally. Apparently that's always been his favoured position, and Arsenal are happy to play him there, as a 10. Maybe see him drop a bit deeper as he gets older.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2020, 11:20:09 am »
Haha, Arsenal have launched an internal investigation into why they paid £72m for Pepe  ;D

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/4158763/arsenal-investigate-72m-pepe-transfer-barcelona-start-hunt-for-new-boss

And yeah, brilliant stuff Sangria - great stories and definitely someone to be proud of.
Because they’re a rudderless mess. There you go, investigation over.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2020, 11:23:07 am »
Because they’re a rudderless mess. There you go, investigation over.

Their transfer dealings is ran by an agent, which is a frightening proposition for any clubs fan base.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2020, 11:25:26 am »
To be fair though like I say he has around 10 goals and assists per season. If you can get help with 20 goals a season on a free that will be pretty decent. Big if but that risk comes with all transfers. Time will tell I suppose but can see them getting at least one good season or so out of him.

That’s the risk isn’t it.

Last season he got 9 goals and 7 assists in 36 games. Pepe got 5 goals and 6 assists in 31. Better...but not significantly. And that was Willians best season. 18/19 he got 3 goals and 6 assists. 17/18 he got 7 goals and 6 assists. This isn’t signing one of the best attackers in the league. He’s a good player, but they have good players already.

They’ve seen Ozil go from 20-30 goal involvements a season to pretty much nothing. It genuinely boggles my mind that they’d risk it happening again with a player who has downed tools under managers previously and with the negativity around who his agent is.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2020, 11:32:43 am »
Their transfer dealings is ran by an agent, which is a frightening proposition for any clubs fan base.
And if they allow it to stay that way they will sink like a stone. Wolves have profited in some ways from allowing an agent to have a heavy hand in their business, but Mendes has a much more impressive and ever growing stable. Joorabchian’s current group looks like a who’s who of 2014.

I feel for Arsenal in a way, I don’t mind them really and they had an incredible side when I was young in the early 00s.

The Willian deal is bad news. They were getting heavily linked with Thomas Partey at Atleti, but Juve are now strongly rumoured to be in for him. Juve actually paying a fee for a CM is not a recent trend for them.

The Guardian are suggesting that Dybala is once again up for sale at Juve, which strikes me as madness, Why? He doesn’t earn nearly as much as some far less useful options in the squad, is prime age and is actually still very effective and had a good season. I can only think they think he’s a saleable asset to bring in some money against those who they’ll struggle to get rid of and need to keep paying. There will be damage on the pitch though.

“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2020, 11:35:24 am »

Last season he got 9 goals and 7 assists in 36 games. Pepe got 5 goals and 6 assists in 31. Better...but not significantly. And that was Willians best season. 18/19 he got 3 goals and 6 assists. 17/18 he got 7 goals and 6 assists. This isn’t signing one of the best attackers in the league. He’s a good player, but they have good players already.

They’ve seen Ozil go from 20-30 goal involvements a season to pretty much nothing. It genuinely boggles my mind that they’d risk it happening again with a player who has downed tools under managers previously and with the negativity around who his agent is.

There's more to Willian than goals and assists though, he puts in a defensive shift and interplays well with the other players around him, not like Pepe who seems to spend most of each game thinking up new ways to lose the ball.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2020, 11:42:46 am »

Sorry yeah I was including stats from all comps. There's no doubting they are running the club like absolute shit, just think this may be a bit more of a time where the broken clock gets it right, especially as he's proven to be a very good player in the PL and on a free. All depends if Peps lap dog plays him in his position and doesn't start trying to be too clever.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2020, 11:56:42 am »
There's more to Willian than goals and assists though, he puts in a defensive shift and interplays well with the other players around him, not like Pepe who seems to spend most of each game thinking up new ways to lose the ball.

Yeah looking at numbers alone is pointless with a player like Willian.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he plays a more central role at times

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2020, 12:20:39 pm »
Yeah looking at numbers alone is pointless with a player like Willian.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he plays a more central role at times

He’s being over rated though in the general discourse

He’s decent defensively for a forward but nothing earth shattering... his passing is fine again nothing exceptional
Definitely has a great “engine”

Thing is he’s a good player but not top class at anything and to recap... he’s 30 fucking two ... under contract now til 35 ... and being paid more than Mo Salah or Harry Kane

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2020, 01:07:51 pm »
Good decision maker though. That’s useful with a young group. But that’s waaaaaay too much to be paying him!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2020, 01:17:16 pm »
Willian is a good player, but his age, the length of contract and the financial side of it makes it a tad nuts in my opinion.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2020, 01:47:03 pm »
Willian has averaged 5.3 goals and 4.9 assists per season since joining Chelsea. That's for a wide forward playing pretty much every week for one of the top teams in the league - they won it twice whilst he was there. He has never scored or assisted 10 or more goals in a season.

He's 32.

It's just a not good signing. I've been saying it for years - Willian looks great on the eye but he doesn't do anywhere near enough in terms of actually affecting matches.

Imagine the outrage if Salah or Mane had a season of only scoring 5 goals.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2020, 02:15:44 pm »
Arsenal are an appallingly run club.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2020, 03:53:47 pm »
Joorabchian has pretty much become the head of recruitment there. There's an interview of him criticising Sven Mislintat's transfers for the club that comes across as if he's taken the job and inherited a mess!

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2020, 06:13:53 pm »
Jan Vertonghen’s signed for Benfica.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2020, 07:42:30 pm »
Haha, Arsenal have launched an internal investigation into why they paid £72m for Pepe  ;D

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/4158763/arsenal-investigate-72m-pepe-transfer-barcelona-start-hunt-for-new-boss

And yeah, brilliant stuff Sangria - great stories and definitely someone to be proud of.
Fuck, we're screwed. Michael Edwards will be found out! He somehow put the bug in their ears to prevent us from buying him that summer...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2020, 11:53:45 pm »
The Guardian are suggesting that Dybala is once again up for sale at Juve, which strikes me as madness, Why? He doesn’t earn nearly as much as some far less useful options in the squad, is prime age and is actually still very effective and had a good season. I can only think they think he’s a saleable asset to bring in some money against those who they’ll struggle to get rid of and need to keep paying. There will be damage on the pitch though.

Well, Juventus have Ronaldo and Higuain on ridiculous wages, and their contracts are unmovable. They've managed to trick Barcelona into swapping Pjanic for Arthur, but they still have some big earners like Ramsey, Khedira, Douglas Costa and Cuadrado on their books, so Dybala might be the victim of their poor recruitment policy in recent years.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2020, 12:03:21 am »
Well, Juventus have Ronaldo and Higuain on ridiculous wages, and their contracts are unmovable. They've managed to trick Barcelona into swapping Pjanic for Arthur, but they still have some big earners like Ramsey, Khedira, Douglas Costa and Cuadrado on their books, so Dybala might be the victim of their poor recruitment policy in recent years.
How many years does Ronaldo have left on his contract?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2020, 12:36:09 am »

Too many - 1
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2020, 12:50:50 am »

I think that his contract is up in 2022.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2020, 11:54:33 am »
Bournemouth have accepted an offer of £18.5m from Sheffield United for Aaron Ramsdale.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2020, 11:59:01 am »
Bournemouth have accepted an offer of £18.5m from Sheffield United for Aaron Ramsdale.

So Dean Henderson definitely not going back there then. Second choice at United or could we see someone like Chelsea go for him?

Didn’t appreciate Ramsdale was at Sheff United before.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2020, 11:59:25 am »

Must put him close to top 10 expensive transfers for a goalie?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2020, 11:59:45 am »

Wow...how much!! and people think prices are going to come down? He's rubbish.

Looks like Henderson will be staying at Utd then.

Bourmouth will do well to now get Kelleher on loan from us.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2020, 12:00:59 pm »
Decent fee for a solid young keeper

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2020, 12:03:09 pm »
We should try and sign Danny Ward back so we can sell him to Bournemouth for £40 million

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2020, 12:07:13 pm »

That is absolutely nuts. He's very, very average. I genuinely thought he'd go for about £4 million, and potentially as back-up in addition to Henderson going back on loan. You could get a better GK from abroad for a fraction of that price. Hell, even Karius!

I thought Sheffield United's recruitment was on point with them signing the likes of Berge and Jack Robinson but obviously not.

Nice to see Bournemouth on the right side of a ridiculous transfer for once though! I wonder if they'd like Ojo? For about £18.5 million?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 12:09:13 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2020, 12:11:26 pm »
Reinier Jesus going on loan to Dortmund from Real for an initial year potentially going to two.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2020, 12:12:03 pm »

And now they’ve punted their Head of Football, Raul Sanllehi, apparently as a result of the investigation.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2020, 12:17:49 pm »

That is a shocking amount to pay for him. He's worth nowhere near that amount. Meanwhile Henderson will sit on the bench

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2020, 12:27:01 pm »
Had a look at the Leicester forum,they seem to think Chilwell to Chelsea is very close now.