Author Topic: The Murder of George Floyd and Black Lives Matter.  (Read 253495 times)

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
Re: Civil unrest in America
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2020, 10:12:42 pm »
USA Customs and Airport staff are some of the most unpleasant people I have met. I know it can be a pain working at an airport but for some reason there they seem to be complete c*nts in a way other countries dont seem to be.

Its post 9-11 regulations and hysteria, still to this day. It's not just to foreigners. Came back from Costa Rica years back, was detained, searched, questioned, missed connecting flight. They wouldn't even tell me why. My guess was random check or my name matched some other person of interest.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2020, 10:19:15 pm »
I fail to understand how anybody other than an African American can comment on what is the right or wrong way for them to protest.
you know not all of them are African American, as evidenced by the people doing the dumb shit on camera who many are white?

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2020, 10:24:53 pm »
The police are having a fucking ball out there. They can't wait for their shift to start.

You're not even close, Rob.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-samantha-shader-video-molotov-cocktail-20200531-7tpoezeh7ncibhrwrkpua6riiq-story.html

Kill the humourless

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2020, 10:26:44 pm »
you know not all of them are African American, as evidenced by the people doing the dumb shit on camera who many are white?

No shit but I doubt people just mean the white people when they say they are protesting wrong, do you?

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2020, 10:34:53 pm »

Its post 9-11 regulations and hysteria.

Nah, not buying that. They were c*nts well before 9-11.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2020, 10:36:30 pm »
No shit but I doubt people just mean the white people when they say they are protesting wrong, do you?
most seem to be drawing a distinction between people protesting at protests and people using the protests as a cover to do stupid stuff

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2020, 10:38:44 pm »
You're not even close, Rob.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-samantha-shader-video-molotov-cocktail-20200531-7tpoezeh7ncibhrwrkpua6riiq-story.html

this is probably a first for rawk but could you post the whole thing as we can’t view it here due to gdpr and all that

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2020, 10:55:04 pm »
If only they'd done as they were told.........

That seems to be a common thread among white folk when talking about cops mishandling black folk.

Bonkers isn't it.

What excuses will people make for this twat ?

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/denver-cops-busted-for-doing-drive-by-shootings-of-anti-police-brutality-protesters/
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2020, 11:04:54 pm »
Why didn't the bloke who walked past her stop her?

Maybe he didn't want to be ablaze.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2020, 11:12:28 pm »
this is probably a first for rawk but could you post the whole thing as we can’t view it here due to gdpr and all that

Video shows moment woman hurls Molotov cocktail at NYPD cop car in Brooklyn

By DAVE GOLDINER
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
MAY 31, 2020 | 1:50 PM

Video footage appears to show Samantha Shader lighting a Molotov cocktail and throwing it at an NYPD vehicle with four police officers inside early May 30.

A shocking video shows the moment that a woman tossed a Molotov cocktail at NYPD cops in strife-torn Brooklyn.

Samantha Shader at first blended in with the diverse crowd of angry young protesters yelling at police outside the Brooklyn Museum after midnight Saturday.

But suddenly, Shader, 27, of Catskill, New York, allegedly pulled out a bottle and emerged from the crowd. Apparently lighting the incendiary device, she shouted at other protesters as she ran toward the NYPD car.

“Get out of my mother-f-ing way,” she screeched.

That’s when she tossed the makeshift explosive at the police car with four officers inside.

The Molotov cocktail broke a window of the police cruiser but did not erupt in flames because Shader used toilet paper instead of a rag to construct it, sources said.

Police chased Shader down and she is facing federal charges. Her sister was charged with obstructing justice and was released without bail Sunday.

The 4 cops barely escaped as the car burst into flames.

She's charged with attempted murder of 4.
Kill the humourless

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2020, 11:13:44 pm »
How on earth does this end? Trump has already shown his card. I am supportive of the protests but a lot of people are getting hurt.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2020, 11:21:13 pm »
Ah c’mon. In a police state maybe. It was a quiet neighbourhood. They were standing on their doorstep. That is respecting of the curfew. There is literally no justification for what they did.

Applying “Stand your ground” And the second amendment, they should have fired back at the agents of a tyrant

That’s how it goes isn’t it
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2020, 11:24:02 pm »
How on earth does this end? Trump has already shown his card. I am supportive of the protests but a lot of people are getting hurt.

You would suspect it will soften over the next few days. Minneapolis seems to now be having small peaceful protests and the looting wont be reflecting well.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2020, 11:27:07 pm »
Trump's making it worse and worse retweeting shite like this. Basically telling his henchmen to start blazing..

This isn’t going to stop until the good guys are willing to use overwhelming force against the bad guys

https://twitter.com/BuckSexton/status/1266940291216543744
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2020, 11:27:28 pm »
if i hear that ignorant "all lives matter" statement again ill go ballistic. how dumb can you be.

seems to be a lot of white people involved in the more serious incidents. makes you wonder.  is it the old "lets ensure that they are seen in a bad light" to reduce support for the cause and distract from the real issues. happens again and again and again.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2020, 11:38:29 pm »
This is how it starts to get better.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/r5PgtWPEhvI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/r5PgtWPEhvI</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2020, 11:38:47 pm »
if i hear that ignorant "all lives matter" statement again ill go ballistic. how dumb can you be.

seems to be a lot of white people involved in the more serious incidents. makes you wonder.  is it the old "lets ensure that they are seen in a bad light" to reduce support for the cause and distract from the real issues. happens again and again and again.
Was thinking about this earlier too. Those that are saying that have taken the "black lives matter" slogan and taken it as an affront that they aren't included. It's gone over there heads. Black people aren't saying white people lives don't matter and only theirs do. They are just making a statement that their lives matter. It's just basically that simple. But then again, deductive reasoning of some of these people is non-existent because they're thick as fuck.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2020, 11:46:48 pm »
Was thinking about this earlier too. Those that are saying that have taken the "black lives matter" slogan and taken it as an affront that they aren't included. It's gone over there heads. Black people aren't saying white people lives don't matter and only theirs do. They are just making a statement that their lives matter. It's just basically that simple. But then again, deductive reasoning of some of these people is non-existent because they're thick as fuck.

I can't think of the names of any dead white guys except in school shootings by white boys.
Kill the humourless

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2020, 11:47:47 pm »
The trouble with powder kegs is that whatever triggers the initial explosion gets lost when it spreads. The ground is fertile, people trapped inside for 2-3 months, economic misery for many this year, summer weather and years of genuinely felt political and personal triggered resentment by large swathes of Americans, particularly that arising from racism and the operations of the police.

Having Trump in charge is not something that will douse the flames. Expect problems and also expect Trump to deflect, some to China much internally to his political enemies.

Dangerous.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2020, 11:48:24 pm »
I fail to understand how anybody other than an African American can comment on what is the right or wrong way for them to protest.

Absolutely. Some fucking privileged liberal bollocks being spouted in this thread

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2020, 11:50:34 pm »
Video shows moment woman hurls Molotov cocktail at NYPD cop car in Brooklyn

By DAVE GOLDINER
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
MAY 31, 2020 | 1:50 PM

Video footage appears to show Samantha Shader lighting a Molotov cocktail and throwing it at an NYPD vehicle with four police officers inside early May 30.

A shocking video shows the moment that a woman tossed a Molotov cocktail at NYPD cops in strife-torn Brooklyn.

Samantha Shader at first blended in with the diverse crowd of angry young protesters yelling at police outside the Brooklyn Museum after midnight Saturday.

But suddenly, Shader, 27, of Catskill, New York, allegedly pulled out a bottle and emerged from the crowd. Apparently lighting the incendiary device, she shouted at other protesters as she ran toward the NYPD car.

“Get out of my mother-f-ing way,” she screeched.

That’s when she tossed the makeshift explosive at the police car with four officers inside.

The Molotov cocktail broke a window of the police cruiser but did not erupt in flames because Shader used toilet paper instead of a rag to construct it, sources said.

Police chased Shader down and she is facing federal charges. Her sister was charged with obstructing justice and was released without bail Sunday.

The 4 cops barely escaped as the car burst into flames.

She's charged with attempted murder of 4.
cheers, deserves the key tossing away too - will no doubt be in a trump ad going forward

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2020, 11:53:59 pm »
Just seen an Espn clip with Stephen a smith where he says a lot of this could have been avoided if he’d been arrested after he was fired, come to think of it why didn’t they do that, as he would have been sacked for that not some other random thing he may have done so why wasn’t he arrested too?

Online oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 1, 2020, 12:08:24 am »
Absolutely. Some fucking privileged liberal bollocks being spouted in this thread

Agree.

Beg my pardon to Martin
Baby we ain't marching, we shooting!
(Notorious Thugs, 1997)

Obviously you can be black in America and "make it", but imagine centuries of structural racism and discrimination

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 1, 2020, 12:17:18 am »

Because how you choose to protest doesn't just have an impact on African Americans.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 1, 2020, 12:20:06 am »
Starting to kick off again in LA. More looting, with the curfew now in effect. It's going to get nuts once it gets dark. The looting is unfortunate, because now its not about George Floyd for those with ulterior agendas.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2020, 12:21:54 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 1, 2020, 12:24:20 am »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 1, 2020, 12:25:35 am »
Agree.

Beg my pardon to Martin
Baby we ain't marching, we shooting!
(Notorious Thugs, 1997)

Obviously you can be black in America and "make it", but imagine centuries of structural racism and discrimination

It's impossible to grasp how deep the hurt and anger must be,there are people alive today whos' Grandparents parents were born into slavery.

Those same people have been telling anybody who would listen about how they are treated and in all but the rarest cases were made out to be liars,it's only recently with the help of mobiles that the rest of us are getting a small glimpse into that world they have been forced to live in.

I mean for fucks sake,there's a video of a copper arresting a guy yesterday and he had his knee on the fellas neck,two cops,1 guy but he still felt protected enough to do to the guy the same thing that has kicked it all off.

And not everybody is protesting the murder of Mr.Floyd,he is just the latest but there are lots of other cases ongoing where the killers are still claiming a wage and are free to walk around and spend it.If it was just a few bad apples then only a few people would have experienced the racism that runs deep throughout Americas Police forces.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 1, 2020, 12:29:10 am »
The killing of George Floyd and the incident in Central Park in New York on the same day, tipped it over. Both different outcomes but the same problem.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 1, 2020, 12:32:00 am »
Because how you choose to protest doesn't just have an impact on African Americans.

Good.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 1, 2020, 12:32:10 am »
The killing of George Floyd and the incident in Central Park in New York on the same day, tipped it over. Both different outcomes but the same problem.

All with a that orange wanker in the WH,they have a POTUS who still to this day claims that the Central Park 5 are rapists and should be dead.

c*nt went batshit when they were released and even crazier when they got a few million thrown their way.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 1, 2020, 12:32:30 am »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 1, 2020, 12:34:19 am »
https://twitter.com/AntonioFrench/status/1266960975124717568

Heartbreaking

Watched that earlier and genuinely had a tear in my eye when he is speaking to the kid
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 1, 2020, 12:36:45 am »
That'll win people around.

Who is there to win around? There's no grey areas here.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 1, 2020, 12:37:26 am »
The vampires come out at night.

Lord Covid will love that.
Kill the humourless

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 1, 2020, 12:39:39 am »
Who is there to win around? There's no grey areas here.

If people didn't go outside then there would be nobody for the Police to murder

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #77 on: June 1, 2020, 12:42:37 am »
Just seen an Espn clip with Stephen a smith where he says a lot of this could have been avoided if he’d been arrested after he was fired

Yep, I think the gap in deciding to arrest to him has played a massive part in this.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 1, 2020, 12:44:15 am »
Yep, I think the gap in deciding to arrest to him has played a massive part in this.
and the other three who as far as I know haven’t been fired or suspended (but doubt they’ve been back in work), never mind arrested

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 1, 2020, 12:46:56 am »

Didn't help that the stupid fucking prosecutor held the press conference and claimed that there was video showing that it wasn't an illegal act,the same day that another video was released that showed Mr.Floyd not resisting arrest.