Author Topic: Detectorists BBC Four sitcom  (Read 35750 times)

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Detectorists BBC Four sitcom
« Reply #280 on: December 7, 2022, 09:38:33 pm »
Hm. Not sure what to make of this. Season 1&2 were perfect. Thought they flogged it a bit with season 3. Not sure I’ve ever truly enjoyed a ‘comeback’ comedy episode. I think these two are smart enough not to mess it up.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: December 8, 2022, 02:01:00 pm »
Yup. All previous episodes in iplayer. Thoroughly recommended. Especially if you like lemonade....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b06l51nr/detectorists

Hah! Made me giggle that ;D
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #282 on: December 8, 2022, 04:44:42 pm »
Hah! Made me giggle that ;D

;D

I remember watching it with my wife, and any scene involving lemonade had her doubled over and crying laughing. Such a simple joke but it made us howl.

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: December 8, 2022, 06:55:38 pm »
Buzzing there's a special. One of the highlights of Christmas period already.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #284 on: December 19, 2022, 05:54:24 pm »
Only started watching on iPlayer in the last couple of weeks and I'm captivated by it. Nearly finished season 1. The writing is beautifully done and it moves at a gentle pace yet its characters are storylines really pull you in. Kind of reminds me of a cross between This Country and Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing in tone while being its own thing. Such a great show to discover and binge over Xmas.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2022, 07:08:59 pm »
Only started watching on iPlayer in the last couple of weeks and I'm captivated by it. Nearly finished season 1. The writing is beautifully done and it moves at a gentle pace yet its characters are storylines really pull you in. Kind of reminds me of a cross between This Country and Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing in tone while being its own thing. Such a great show to discover and binge over Xmas.
Two series left…..

You lucky bastard!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #286 on: December 20, 2022, 10:13:20 am »
Two series left…..

You lucky bastard!

😁
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #287 on: December 20, 2022, 10:49:32 am »

I was just thinking these would've made for a great Christmas Special double bill on Christmas Eve.  ;D

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 27, 2022, 01:56:55 am »
Watched Glass Onion (pretty good) after the footy. So going to watch this tomorrow.
Was it good? Review headlines are very positive.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: December 27, 2022, 06:46:11 am »
Watched Glass Onion (pretty good) after the footy. So going to watch this tomorrow.

I watched it last night but this was around the time the Gakpo news broke so was a tiny bit distracted :P So definitely need to watch it again.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #290 on: December 27, 2022, 09:15:12 am »

Both very enjoyable & remain true to their formula.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 27, 2022, 09:42:42 pm »
Lovely addition to the series. I hope they make some more.

"She's shaking my confidence daily"
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #292 on: December 28, 2022, 11:40:12 am »
Pft. Pointless fodder imho. Just undid all of the lovely storytelling from three series in half an hour. Didn’t hold much hope and was sadly disappointed. Glad others enjoyed though.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #293 on: December 29, 2022, 08:40:22 am »
Pft. Pointless fodder imho. Just undid all of the lovely storytelling from three series in half an hour. Didn’t hold much hope and was sadly disappointed. Glad others enjoyed though.

Really don't understand this review at all ;D can't see how it undid anything, I accept it revisited earlier storylines but thought it all made sense in the context of what had come before. Just lovely TV. Think shows like this can be saddled with high expectations.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #294 on: December 29, 2022, 11:52:42 am »
Enjoyed it. For me it’s in the same category as things like Canal Boat Diaries and Bob & Paul going fishing. Just a welcome break from the pace of life, where you can switch off completely and enter an almost meditative state of well-being.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #295 on: January 11, 2023, 08:45:07 am »
Having caught bits before, I watched my first full episode yesterday and persuaded Mrs A to watch too as it had never really appealed to her.

Suffice to say, it’s on the binge list. As others have said, it’s a lovely relaxing watch with some good laughs thrown in.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #296 on: January 18, 2023, 10:33:48 pm »
And a week later, binged the whole lot. Brilliant.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2023, 10:50:43 pm »
Just finished series 3, what a brilliant and heartwarming show.