Author Topic: 'Vikings' - New Show On The History Channel  (Read 41680 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 'Vikings' - New Show On The History Channel
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2017, 06:30:50 pm »
Pete you still have season 5 to watch too mate :D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2017, 08:54:31 pm »
Pete you still have season 5 to watch too mate :D

Yeah I know.  I was gonna start on season 5 over the weekend.

Now Ill be starting on season 4 ep 11-20

Its like having a whole bonus season!!

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2017, 09:53:37 pm »
"She was not a she" What was the point of that?

And why does the nun want Bjorn and Halfdan dead? So much going on now.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2017, 01:31:12 am »
"She was not a she" What was the point of that?

And why does the nun want Bjorn and Halfdan dead? So much going on now.

I thought it was funny as fuck. I guess the point was to show some of the ''different'' things they will encounter in the world.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2017, 01:31:50 am »
Yeah I know.  I was gonna start on season 5 over the weekend.

Now Ill be starting on season 4 ep 11-20

Its like having a whole bonus season!!

Aye mate, plenty for you to watch during the holidays, binge watching is the best  ;D

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2017, 01:23:31 pm »
I thought it was funny as fuck. I guess the point was to show some of the ''different'' things they will encounter in the world.

Okay, I thought I might have missed something leading up to it. I really like Halfdan (and Bjorn) and I'm finding their adventure more enjoyable than yet more Viking backstabbing and division. Actually I quite enjoy Harald Finehair as well. At least he's upfront about wanting to rule Kattegat/everywhere.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2017, 02:37:42 pm »
What's the general consensus on this season then, as strong as the others? I've been saving them up so I can watch them in one go.

Also reading this thread with my hand over my eyes so I don't spoil anything.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2017, 04:38:39 pm »
What's the general consensus on this season then, as strong as the others? I've been saving them up so I can watch them in one go.

Also reading this thread with my hand over my eyes so I don't spoil anything.

So far so good, really enjoyable, as good as last season with potential to be even better

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2017, 04:03:36 pm »
Really enjoying the new series the budget seems to be getting bigger and bigger I guess like GOT when they knew they had an hit on their hands.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 4, 2018, 06:39:24 pm »
Not watched new season yet. Hopefully they have more Lagertha than anyone else.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2018, 07:47:11 am »
I really like that fact that they have cast Alfred really well.

This was really important for when he becomes a bigger character in the show and its near enough him vs the Vikings.

Loved the scene when he visited the bishop at Lindisfarne.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2018, 06:28:32 pm »
Unpopular opinion time.

I don't care for Ivar. Bishop Heahmund is great though and I love pretty much everything else about this current season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2018, 04:21:30 am »
Season is great. Bjorn has grown into quite a character.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2018, 12:42:03 am »
I'm not feeling the love this season. I want to explore the world they exist in, but Floki's story feels small, and Bjorn and Halfdan literally ran away from the most interesting part of the season to join in yet more dull dynastic infighting. Heahmund was brilliant but I'm not really sure where his great love of and loyalty to Lagertha have come from.

The Saxon politicking confused me as well. The older brother voluntarily stepped aside then seemed unhappy at having done so. Cuthred was promised a Bishopric for supporting the younger brother but didn't, but is then a Bishop. Huh? Did Judith mind trick everyone?

I will say that both myself and the episode both said simultaneously - "Where's Rollo?" Is Clive Standen otherwise employed? Also I can't understand him supporting one set of nephews over another, especially if he doesn't want Bjorn killed. Hopefully the finalé sheds some light on this.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2018, 04:28:02 am »
I'm not feeling the love this season. I want to explore the world they exist in, but Floki's story feels small, and Bjorn and Halfdan literally ran away from the most interesting part of the season to join in yet more dull dynastic infighting. Heahmund was brilliant but I'm not really sure where his great love of and loyalty to Lagertha have come from.

The Saxon politicking confused me as well. The older brother voluntarily stepped aside then seemed unhappy at having done so. Cuthred was promised a Bishopric for supporting the younger brother but didn't, but is then a Bishop. Huh? Did Judith mind trick everyone?

I will say that both myself and the episode both said simultaneously - "Where's Rollo?" Is Clive Standen otherwise employed? Also I can't understand him supporting one set of nephews over another, especially if he doesn't want Bjorn killed. Hopefully the finalé sheds some light on this.

Clive is staring in another show and that's more than likely why he hasn't shown.

I think things will be more explained in the finale.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2018, 11:26:57 am »

Finale? Isn't there 10 episodes left of the season?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2018, 11:30:06 am »
20 episodes in this series, although imagine they may split it in two parts, and has also been renewed for a 6th series of 20 episodes.

I love it personally. The story line was always going to include a huge amount of infighting this series after the death of Ragnar.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2018, 01:50:25 pm »
Think Ivan has been the best thing this season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2018, 02:34:34 pm »
Finale? Isn't there 10 episodes left of the season?

Yes next week but it's split into two, since they've filmed 20 episodes as Craig said.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2018, 02:35:17 pm »
Think Ivan has been the best thing this season.

Ivar has been good, the Bishop is interesting as well and Bjorn is starting to resemble Ragnar [who I still miss in the series]

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2018, 09:15:14 pm »
Ivar’s brilliant, not too keen on the bishop, though.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2018, 11:14:02 am »
Ivar has been good, the Bishop is interesting as well and Bjorn is starting to resemble Ragnar [who I still miss in the series]

Think bishop isn't anything new. Do miss Ragnar though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2018, 04:27:27 am »
Just starting this. Up to episode 7 in season 1. Really enjoying it!

Keep watching mate it's great.

and don't read below

Spoiler
Holy crap what an ending, ROLO!!
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2018, 05:29:12 pm »
There are a lot of un
Spoiler
[close]
Spoilers in this thread for people who are just getting into it.

Maybe a thread title change just to warn them ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2018, 08:12:28 pm »
In a way the latest episode made me think the director or writers watched Beach Red for some ideals on how to format it.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 27, 2018, 12:12:38 am »
Lowest rated episode this season on IMDb, for what that’s worth...

I love Vikings so still quite liked it but can see why people wouldn’t.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2018, 12:13:25 am »
The series will resume sometime in the fall I believe

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2018, 06:35:52 pm »
Well done episode. Not very climatic though.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 7, 2018, 12:17:49 am »
Just picked up on this again at the second half of season 4 - episode 11

Ragnar's kids are all grown men.  His youngest looks to be developing into some kind of disabled warrior killing machine and Lagertha is now suddenly a lesbian.

Which episode does the African guy show up or will they just black someone up?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 7, 2018, 06:48:14 pm »
Oh my word. What a fucking brilliant second half to series 4 once Ragnar's grown up sons were introduced.

Just watched the season 4 finale.  Brilliant stuff.

On to Season 5

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #190 on: March 7, 2018, 07:45:52 pm »
Oh my word. What a fucking brilliant second half to series 4 once Ragnar's grown up sons were introduced.

Just watched the season 4 finale.  Brilliant stuff.

On to Season 5
Your in for a treat mate. Really liked the first half of season 5.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 1, 2018, 07:27:31 am »
Got to this really late. But looking through Amazon  prime having watched Bosch and Black Sails already thought I would give this a go. Really good stuff. Not as good as GoT but as it is better than all the rest of the swords n backstabbing series out there.

I gotta say though, Lagertha is amazing. I'm at the end of season 2 right now and looking forward to watching the rest through the week.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 1, 2018, 09:24:06 am »
I've gone off box sets and back to movies recently but really should make a move back again soon.

Got season 5 of this to start so thanks for the thread bump and reminder

I gotta say though, Lagertha is amazing. I'm at the end of season 2 right now and looking forward to watching the rest through the week.

She really is a thing of beauty. :lickin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 1, 2018, 02:27:55 pm »
If they had the budget of GOT, it would be a bigger show, there are certain parts of it that I enjoy more than GOT.

Looking forward to the new season

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #194 on: May 5, 2018, 11:40:04 am »
If they had the budget of GOT, it would be a bigger show, there are certain parts of it that I enjoy more than GOT.

Looking forward to the new season

Agree with that.  I would say I prefer Vikings to GoT now.  Can't wait to see what happens next after the end of the last season. 

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: July 6, 2018, 10:52:34 am »
Well that's me finally up to date. Watched S05E10 last night. 

Spoiler
Couple of 2nd tier characters left us, Halfdan, Astrid and Guthrum. No great shakes there.  I suppose Rollo showing up was the big event. Pretty underwhelming for a season finale though IMO
[close]

Looking forward to the next 10 episodes of series 5 to see how it all falls together.  Out in Autumn I believe.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 6, 2018, 05:59:22 pm »

Spoiler
Couple of 2nd tier characters left us, Halfdan, Astrid and Guthrum. No great shakes there.  I suppose Rollo showing up was the big event. Pretty underwhelming for a season finale though IMO
[close]

Looking forward to the next 10 episodes of series 5 to see how it all falls together.  Out in Autumn I believe.

Yup will be out in couple month, looking forward to it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 6, 2018, 06:36:03 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Mid-Season finale.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 6, 2018, 09:43:43 pm »
Mid-Season finale.

Aye essentially it's one season but with a break in between.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 7, 2018, 11:32:23 pm »
Mid-Season finale.

sigh

Ok, mid season finale