Author Topic: Why did you dislike Ronaldo? And do you still?  (Read 74969 times)

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Why did you dislike Ronaldo? And do you still?
« Reply #80 on: July 1, 2010, 09:04:36 am »
No I'm not.
Ok, maybe he is your best player in the world, I can't change your opinion on that. But a decent guy? Fucking behave. Plenty examples have been posted in this thread to show him up for the shithouse that he is. And not only does he think that he's bigger than the clubs that he's played for, he now probably thinks he's bigger than his country.
If you could change the country that you play for (after getting 76 caps), he'd have a Brazillian or Spanish passport before you could say 'waxed legs'.
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #81 on: July 1, 2010, 09:29:31 am »
Some people just want attention no matter weather it's good or bad and can't ever have enough, this guy happens to be one of them.

I find it both funny and interesting, I won't stop because someone tells me I might be hurting this guys feelings -If he doesn't like it he can stop playing as a professional footballer, he could maybe get a job as a fashion designer (I'm being serious).

I read some where that Cristiano is a metrosexual god man, it said that unlike all other men, Ronaldo is so very self-possessed and confident about himself that he does things that nobody else can do in the public eye, like dress like a queen or grip another man high on his bulging thigh. And that we’re all jealous of the guy.

We wish we looked like him, played like him, and had the massive bank account like him. We wish we could call high-class whore Kim Kardashian over to Europe to fuck her for the weekend, which Ronaldo did just recently. We wish 100,000 fans in a stadium were chanting our names, cheering us on, and worshiping the ground on which we walk. And we wish we could look at another man’s bulge for extended periods of time like Ronaldo.

I don't know about that last part but if all that is true, it's all just too good not to laugh at him... or should I say with him when we want to..

« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 09:39:13 am by BMW »

Offline JoburgRed

• Anny Roader
  • Red forever
« Reply #82 on: July 1, 2010, 09:32:14 am »
Was at the game on Tuesday (felt like losing to the Mancs :( ) .  Ronaldo was nowhere.

This sort of experience can have one of two effects on him - he will either mature from this (he's still young at 25) and realise he needs to stop the bull arrogance crap he pulls.  I think working for Mourinho may help in this regard - there is only one star in his teams and his first name is Jose :)

Or he can carry on - in this case, for Portugal's sake I hope he gets dropped
It's Gerrrraaaaaaarddddddddd......You beautyyyyy!

Offline lfc_fan2005

• Legacy Fan
  • La Liga enthusiast
« Reply #83 on: July 1, 2010, 09:34:39 am »
Can't believe this is even up for debate. We can all admit that he is a very good player, but I can't see why anyone especially on a Liverpool forum would think he's anything other than a complete c*nt.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #84 on: July 1, 2010, 09:59:57 am »
Was at the game on Tuesday (felt like losing to the Mancs :( ) .  Ronaldo was nowhere.

This sort of experience can have one of two effects on him - he will either mature from this (he's still young at 25) and realise he needs to stop the bull arrogance crap he pulls.  I think working for Mourinho may help in this regard - there is only one star in his teams and his first name is Jose :)

Or he can carry on - in this case, for Portugal's sake I hope he gets dropped

I hope he gets dropped as Captain for sure, Queiroz is not good enough or storng enough to do that I don't think though.

Hopefully Mourinho takes Ronaldo down a few nothces and shows him that football is a team game, not a one man team that has free kicks efforts on goal from halfway line, just whip it in you twat.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 1, 2010, 10:20:43 am »
I agree re Mourinho getting Ronaldo to tow the line being more than just a good chance..

Ohh as for this thread, I'm surprised nobody has replied with a photo of...

This is a Real supporter comparing Cristano Rolando to The Real Ronaldo aka the phenomenon..

http://www.madridgalacticos.com/2008/06/16/ronaldo-vs-cristiano-ronaldo/

I am going to compare the two (Ronaldo and Cristiano Ronaldo) on the same level as in when Ronaldo was of the same age as Cristiano Ronaldo so that it would be clear to many fans that Cristiano Ronaldo has virtually done very little to be included in the distinguished list of all time great players.

Ronaldo

(Individual Awards until age 23)

* FIFA World Player of the Year: 1996 (youngest winner), 1997,
    * World Soccer Player of the Year: 1996 (youngest winner), 1997,
    * European Footballer of the Year (Ballon d’Or): 1997 (youngest winner),
    * Onze d’Or: 1997,
    * IFFHS World’s Top Goal Scorer of the Year:[clarify] 1997
    * UEFA Most Valuable Player – 1998
    * UEFA Club Football Awards: Best Forward – 1998
    * FIFA World Cup All-Star Team: 1998,
    * European Golden Boot: 1997
    * Bravo Award: 1997, 1998
    * Copa América 1999: Top Scorer
    * Spanish League Top Scorer: 1996-1997,
    * Flag of the Netherlands Dutch League Top Scorer: 1994-1995

Cristiano Ronaldo

(Individual awards considering that he wins the Fifa Player of the Year award, European Player of the Year award, Champions League PLayer of the Year Award).

* Professional Footballers’ Association
          o PFA Players’ Player of the Year: 2007, 2008
          o PFA Young Player of the Year: 2007
          o PFA Fans’ Player of the Year: 2007, 2008
          o PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008
          o PFA Fans’ Player of the Month: October 2006, February 2007, November 2007, January 2008
    * Barclays Premier League
          o Barclays Player of the Season: 2006-2007, 2007-2008
          o Barclays Player of the Month: November 2006, December 2006, January 2008, March 2008
          o Barclays Golden Boot: 2007–08
          o Barclays Merit Award: 2008
          o Football Writers’ Association Award: 2007, 2008
    * Manchester United F.C.
          o Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year: 2003-2004, 2006-2007, 2007-2008
          o Manchester United Players’ Player of the Year: 2006-2007, 2007-2008
          o Manchester United Goal of the Season: 2007-2008
    * Portugal
          o Portuguese Sports Personality: 2006
          o Portuguese Footballer of the Year: 2007
    * Europe
          o UEFA Team of the Year: 2004, 2007
          o UEFA Champions League Top Scorer: 2007-08
          o UEFA European Championship 2004: Team of the Tournament
          o European Golden Shoe - Soulier d’Or: 2007-08
    * World
          o FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year: 2005, 2006
          o FIFPro World XI: 2006-2007

Also add another 3 FIFA player of the year 2008European Player of the year 2008UEFA Champions League player of the year 2008(there three are yet to be announced by it is probably going to be him)

Now I know that C.Ronaldo has the longer list of the two but wait a second and count the number of international recognitions C.Ronaldo has, (do not look at the PFA awards and stuff like that, these local awards mean nothing accept that Cristiano is the best in England but hang on a second, we are talking about being the best in the world and being one of the best ever in the world not in England where players like Adebayor score 25 odd goals a season) that add up to at most 9 and Ronaldo had a solid 13.

I do not think that FIFA Young Player of the Year and FIFA special young player of the year award was present when Ronaldo was 22 but still if you look at the list, most of the awards won by C.Ronaldo are local awards that are awarded within England only.

Still I do not intend to prove that C.Ronaldo is not a good player, I just intend to prove that he is not the best player( by talent and performance, he  maybe by showboating and goal statistics) in the world, he is one of the best in the world right now and to point out that C.Ronaldo has done nothing to be in the list or to be even considered in the list of all time greats.

To further support what I think about Ronaldo vs C.Ronaldo and who was the better player I have two videos which I want you people to see that when Ronaldo dribbled he went past players after players and when C.Ronaldo dribbles he just goes past one player at max or just drifts wider and wider, does not have the composure neither the finesse to do tricks in the middle of the park like Ronaldo, Zidane and co.

The second video somewhat also gives another perspective to who is the best player in the world( the quality of the video is not great so if you want to watch it with better quality then visit youtube.com and put in the search cristiano ronaldo vs messi 2008, the video with time 10 minutes is the one ), C.Ronaldo’s only edge is his mind blowing free kick bombs which he mostly gets in with a ratio of 1 converted of 13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR7fo8iD-Qw

Now I think after watching these two videos it is clearly understandable that Messi is the world’s best player right now and Ronaldo is one of the greatest of all time, who stands alongside names such as Pele, Maradonna and Zidane. Not to mention Cruyff and Best. Cristiano Ronaldo has a lot more to prove to get his worth alongside Ronaldo.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/438012/the_best_video_of_ronaldo/

Now some may also argue that in the video above of Ronaldo, he is on most occasions  playing at this peak and C.Ronaldo has not reached his peak. If you really want to see what Ronaldo was capable of when he was at C.Ronaldo’s age or even younger search Ronaldo goals barcelona on youtube and watch the first two results. He has scored some amazing goals which at least I have not seen any other player score.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dimEj_lA7J0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dimEj_lA7J0</a>

He was 20 that season!

Anyway the reason I'm posting this is for our younger posters, it deserves it's own thread but anyway..

Ohh and it's interesting because it comes from a supporter of Cristiano Ronaldo's current club.

« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 11:26:02 am by BMW »

Offline TheVoiceOfRiise

• Legacy Fan
  • www.solavirtus.co.uk
    • Sola Virtus
« Reply #86 on: July 1, 2010, 11:01:20 am »
don't waste my time thinking about him to be honest.

like to see him playing when he's playing well tho', because I like to watch good players playing well. what would be the point otherwise?
Please have a listen  to my band - www.solavirtus.co.uk

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 1, 2010, 05:51:43 pm »
Where do I begin?  Disrespectful, arrogant, egocentric, greasy, sleazy, cheat, liar, melodramatic, etc...

Oh, and this recent bit after being knocked out of the WC:

"I feel a broken man, completely disconsolate, frustrated and an unimaginable sadness. ... I am a human being and like any human being I suffer and I have the right to suffer alone."  http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/30/cristiano-ronaldo-portugal-world-cup

Get a grip! Bit over the top that.  He has no idea what true human suffering is all about. 
"Anfield had surpassed the noise level of Stamford Bridge half an hour before kick-off and the Kop was only a quarter full. Packed, it proved an awesome 12th man." Andy Hunter

Offline Pires

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: July 1, 2010, 06:58:09 pm »
He's not worth thinking about but he just makes people angry.

UTTER c*nt OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

And Messi is on another planet. Ronaldo disgraced himself at the WC, hated by team mates and fans in Portugal as well.

Offline guapa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #90 on: July 1, 2010, 08:17:28 pm »
Ok, maybe he is your best player in the world, I can't change your opinion on that. But a decent guy? Fucking behave. Plenty examples have been posted in this thread to show him up for the shithouse that he is. And not only does he think that he's bigger than the clubs that he's played for, he now probably thinks he's bigger than his country.
If you could change the country that you play for (after getting 76 caps), he'd have a Brazillian or Spanish passport before you could say 'waxed legs'.

Lets face it now. You know very little about him. All Liverpool players are saints by the way. No one in the world has made bad decisions or mistakes in the past. Everyone has a different opinion about people and their personality and their ways, that's life, get over yourself.

Offline guapa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: July 1, 2010, 08:20:11 pm »
Where do I begin?  Disrespectful, arrogant, egocentric, greasy, sleazy, cheat, liar, melodramatic, etc...

Oh, and this recent bit after being knocked out of the WC:

"I feel a broken man, completely disconsolate, frustrated and an unimaginable sadness. ... I am a human being and like any human being I suffer and I have the right to suffer alone."  http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/30/cristiano-ronaldo-portugal-world-cup

Get a grip! Bit over the top that.  He has no idea what true human suffering is all about. 

You mean he doesn't understand how the children in the hospitals he visits in Portugal feel?

Everyone has their bad ways, but everyone also has a lot of good points. I'm not saying he is perfect no way.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #92 on: July 1, 2010, 08:32:26 pm »

well he wasn't always rich and he did loose his Father at an early age so I think he does have a bit of a clue.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #93 on: July 1, 2010, 09:23:34 pm »
I have no opinion. He's been very annoying with all the diving and the way he struts around on the pitch sometimes but I'm tired of wasting energy on disliking someone I don't know personally.

And there are people here saying that they read stuff about him saying mean things to fans etc etc. Liverpool fans of ALL people should know not to believe everything you read in the papers.

Offline GH

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
    • Valencia Property
« Reply #94 on: July 1, 2010, 09:59:10 pm »
Cos he comes across as a total git in Spanish too.
However I actually felt sorry for him in the Portugal team because they have the most defensive minded manager in the World Cup. A team like that should have lost to Ivory Coast but played for a draw just like Sven did, beat North Korea despite getting outplayed for much of the first half, played for a draw against Brazil and played for a draw against Spain. He did nothing because he had no service whatsoever and was up against the whole of the Spanish defence and previously Ivory Coast and Brazil defences with no support.
Quieroz is a Cagón as they say in Spain who can only organise defensive teams, something he does well.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: July 1, 2010, 10:13:35 pm »
I read this recently, which...softened...my views a bit.

My name is Dan Gaspar and I want to share a story about Cristiano Ronaldo. It’s a story that I’m sure you are not aware of, but one that needs to be told.

I believe in destiny - this is an example. Behind the superstar celebrity is a genuine and caring human being.

I was fortunate to be invited by professor Carlos Queiroz, Portugal national team coach, to join their staff for qualification for the 2010 World Cup. I have worked with Carlos before and I felt honoured to be a part Portugal’s preparations this time around.

Not long after, I received a phone call from a good friend, John Moreira. John has worked at Star Goalkeeper Academy, a camp which I own.

He and his family are good friends of mine and have been for many years. His son Brandon, who was a quality footballer, was experiencing knee problems. The doctors initially thought he was suffering from a football injury. It turned out that Brandon had Osteosarcoma (bone cancer).

The Moreira's had a difficult decision to make; amputate the leg or receive chemotherapy in the hopes that they could catch all of the cancer.

Brandon’s passion was football. The thought of having one of his legs amputated was devastating to the teenager. He couldn’t imagine a life with one of his legs missing. The family opted for chemotherapy.

Throughout this trying period, John had kept in touch with me and regularly updated me on Brandon’s status. So it was devastating to hear that not only did the chemo fail to shrink the size of the tumor, but the cancer had metastasized to other parts of the body.

John and I shared a special bond and I felt compelled to be there for my friend and his family. I jumped onto a plane and flew to Toronto.

Brandon was a very special young man. Instead of me offering Brandon support and courage, Brandon gave me much more than I could give him.

He was calm, brave and his warrior-spirit imbued his house with a sense of peace. He was an inspiration. Despite having lost a considerable amount of weight and entangled in oxygen tubes, in his soft-spoken voice he always managed to say just the right thing.

He pleaded with everyone not be angry and that God is good. Sixteen years old! That was his gift to all of us.

His dad John said that Brandon had created a bucket of wishes. One of his wishes was to go to Old Trafford and watch Ronaldo train. Given the circumstances, that wish was not going to come true.

Like so many kids around the globe, Ronaldo was Brandon’s idol. He thought Ronaldo was the best footballer on the planet. Pictures of the Portuguese winger in full gallop gliding with ease past bewildered defenders covered Brandon’s bedroom wall.

John asked me if I would contact Ronaldo and ask him to call his dying son. I informed John that I did only one game with Portugal’s Under-23 team with Ronaldo. The likelihood of Ronaldo remembering me was remote but I would do my best.

I wanted so badly to fulfill Brandon’s wish. He was a remarkable human being, and it was the least I could do for my friend and his son.

I called the head coach of Portugal, Queiroz, and explained Brandon’s situation to him. Carlos and I have worked together on many projects and we have known each other for years. We are brothers.

I said to Carlos: “I have not asked you for much, but this is a special request and it would mean a lot to me if you could help me as well as my friend."

Carlos said he would do his best, but he could not make any promises. But I knew that if anyone had the influence to be able to help me to help Brandon, and his family, it was him.

To contact Ronaldo you have to go through several layers of people – agents, managers, lawyers, etc… and you never know how long that may take.

Carlos called me back the same day and said: “The mission is in motion."

I knew that Carlos would come through.

In the meantime, I knew Brandon was a Manchester United, Benfica and FC Porto fan. I called my contacts and asked if they could call Brandon, to give him strength and urge him to continue to fight his battle.

José Moreira from Benfica and Vitor Baia from FC Porto all called to wish him well. They were all special, but they were not Ronaldo - he had still not called.

I needed to get back to the University of Hartford. The Hartford Hawks had a game on Saturday evening and I flew back on the Friday before.

Saturday was a great evening. The University of Hartford beat The University of New Hampshire and I also received a call from John that Ronaldo did call.

It was a tremendous relief for me and I knew what it meant to Brandon. In fact, he promised Brandon he would call the following day.

Brandon’s house was full of his friends, anxiously waiting for his phone to ring. Ronaldo did not disappoint. He called and Brandon and a house full of friends and family were overjoyed.

Manchester United were playing away to Chelsea that weekend in September. Ronaldo promised to send his match jersey and boots to Brandon.

Brandon was ecstatic, but it was the conversation that he cherished most. He said "I can't believe I just spoke with my idol, Cristiano Ronaldo - I am the happiest kid alive.”

A couple of days later Ronaldo went on to text Brandon to see how he was feeling.

Brandon, only 17, died on October 3, 2008. Ronaldo sent his autographed boots, framed jersey and a telegram with his condolences.

But in his telegram it was this message that moved Brandon’s family the most. It said: “True champions are those who fight till their last breath and that is the image I have of Brandon."

I returned to Toronto to attend Brandon’s wake and funeral. All of Ronaldo’s items were wrapped around the casket. It was amazing.

In February I returned to Toronto to do a goalkeeper seminar. John asked me to go for a ride. We went to Brandon’s mausoleum. I was stunned by what I saw - Cristiano Ronaldo’s bronzed jersey and boots. Beneath them were engraved the words from Ronaldo's text message.

Queiroz invited me to join Portugal as it prepared for its World Cup qualification match against Albania on June 6, 2009 and a friendly match against Estonia on June 10.

It’s fascinating how life works. Of course I accepted the invitation to join their staff with honour. The team included the FIFA selection for the 2008 'World Player of the Year', Cristiano Ronaldo. His transfer from Manchester United to Real Madrid was a world record.

When John’s family knew I was going to join the national team again, they had a request. They had several items they wanted Ronaldo to sign and they wrote a thank you card for him.

I flew to Toronto to meet with John’s family and to pick up the items they wanted signed by Ronaldo. Then it was off to Lisbon for a national team training camp.

When I arrived I let a few days pass before I approached Ronaldo. As you can imagine, everyone wants a piece of him.

During lunch one afternoon, Ronaldo and I were near the buffet table. I told Ronaldo that I had a special story to share with him and could we spend a few minutes together? He agreed and met me in my room.

It was an emotional meeting as I shared with Cristiano all the details of the impact he had on Brandon, his family and friends. Ronaldo listened carefully.

I wanted to emphasize the responsibility an athlete like Cristiano has to young and impressionable people like Brandon. As we talked, it was touching to see a vulnerable and compassionate side to a guy who is a warrior on the field.

The last thing I mentioned to Ronaldo was that Brandon had kept a daily diary. On the last page it read" "I spoke to Ronaldo, I can now go to heaven."

That is the truth behind Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 1, 2010, 10:18:09 pm »

Brilliant story that, fair play.
psn = Lents123

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #97 on: July 1, 2010, 10:30:06 pm »

I doubt if anyone here thinks he is bad enough to turn down a dying kid's wish.

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 1, 2010, 10:58:26 pm »
You mean he doesn't understand how the children in the hospitals he visits in Portugal feel?

Everyone has their bad ways, but everyone also has a lot of good points. I'm not saying he is perfect no way.

well he wasn't always rich and he did loose his Father at an early age so I think he does have a bit of a clue.

Of course, no one is perfect and we all have our positive and negative traits no doubt :).  Everyone has their ups and downs in life, and we are not all given a fair hand to deal with sometimes, but have to make due with the situation as best we can.  That shouldn't be made as an excuse though for arrogance and disrespect.  His reply of suffering and being a broken man were in reference to getting knocked out by Spain from the World Cup (not his personal life or past), which to me was an exaggeration (in comparison to the bigger picture of global human atrocities of genocide, war, famine, diseases, etc...).  But fair play to him though for being actively involved in charities, like thegoodfella said, no one thinks he's evil :P.  It's just the persona he has contributed in creating is displeasing to some more than others.  That is all.
"Anfield had surpassed the noise level of Stamford Bridge half an hour before kick-off and the Kop was only a quarter full. Packed, it proved an awesome 12th man." Andy Hunter

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #99 on: July 2, 2010, 12:14:47 am »
Played for united
Acted bit of a pussy

However, i guess there is a bit of jealousy in there too. Esp how we missed out on him for half the price a year earlier
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 2, 2010, 06:54:12 am »
I doubt if anyone here thinks he is bad enough to turn down a dying kid's wish.

This. Ronaldo isn't a bad person.

I mean C.Ronaldo the footballer and the personal life of C.Ronaldo..

Aren't mutually exclusive.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2010, 06:56:43 am by BMW »

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #101 on: July 2, 2010, 08:30:10 am »
there was that story about when the Munich survivors were doing a press conference in one room and Rooney in another for sky also about Munich, he was walking around swearing and kicking off cos he was told to arrive at a certain time and rooneys interview had overran.

Remember that, funny how it received very little press coverage. I mean anyone would think they were scared shitless of upsetting Mr. Ferguson or something.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline OddEel

• Main Stander
« Reply #102 on: July 2, 2010, 08:46:56 am »
The greasy one... I'm just interested in your reasons for your hatred towards the plastic one..  ;D

I'm looking for valid reasons and a discussion on what classifies you to be a top class footballer...

I'm not a Liverpool supporter, but I hated Ronaldo because I despise Manchester United. Now I don't hate him anymore.

What classifies me as a top class footballer? Absolutely nothing.

:)

The obvious: Skills, stamina, determination and ambition. Without that extra fire within a very good player won't ever reach the next level, I suppose.

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #103 on: July 2, 2010, 09:23:32 am »
Heīs a brilliant footballer, oozes class and skill. But heīs so taken in by his own hype itīs unreal. The way he constantly looks at himself on the big screen during warm ups and games is cringeworthy, heīs arrogant and petulant, feigning indignity when heīs knocked over, yet again, by a sudden rush of air after an opposition player tackles him, or simply runs past him, "But...Iīm Ronaldo, you canīt take the ball off me! Ref, tell him!"

Class A Prick always in Messiīs shadow.
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 2, 2010, 10:47:47 am »
Yes ambition is a key trait to being a top class footballer, something Ronaldo lacks -well at least not the right type... from the article above.

Well I hope Cristiano has not, because as proud as he is of himself, I do not think he is ever going to reach that level. Plus the biggest obstacle that Cristiano has in his way to glory is , that he plays for fame, which at some point in the near future he will achieve if he has not achieved it already. After that, his motivation will diminish, all great players played for the love of the game and owed loyalty to someone whether that be the fans, the club, the country. Cristiano looks different from all these.

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #105 on: July 2, 2010, 12:13:51 pm »
For me its mainly because he won 3 league titles for the scum
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline OddEel

• Main Stander
« Reply #106 on: July 2, 2010, 12:21:05 pm »
On the contrary I think he certainly has ambition, plenty of it. I do think he's a top class player already.

I don't know what or who he plays for, but so far I don't see his ambition diminishing anytime soon. If he's as competitive and ambitious as I perceive him to be, he probably won't slow down as long as he's still fit enough to play football at the highest level. Especially since there is Messi around. We'll see.

As for Messi, he 'dances' on the pitch with the ball following the tunes he plays. He's truly and specially gifted. As many have said, Ronaldo and other footballers are just 'unlucky' to be born into a generation of footballers with Messi in it.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #107 on: July 2, 2010, 12:30:18 pm »
Best player in the world in my opinion and a decent guy.

You're after the Messi thread
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #108 on: July 2, 2010, 12:41:44 pm »
Yes ambition is a key trait to being a top class footballer, something Ronaldo lacks -well at least not the right type... from the article above.

Well I hope Cristiano has not, because as proud as he is of himself, I do not think he is ever going to reach that level. Plus the biggest obstacle that Cristiano has in his way to glory is , that he plays for fame, which at some point in the near future he will achieve if he has not achieved it already. After that, his motivation will diminish, all great players played for the love of the game and owed loyalty to someone whether that be the fans, the club, the country. Cristiano looks different from all these.

Cristiano Ronaldo who stays behind in almost every training session, at all clubs he's been at, to train by himself after others have gone home to improve his free kicks etc... has no ambition...

Same guy who left Madeira to move to mainland Portugal to try and be a pro by himself at age 11 or whatever...

okay then...

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 2, 2010, 12:47:54 pm »
Unrelated... From an Australian Football Comedy show... hilarious, it was based on that Castrol ad Ronaldo did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvuYX4mh5g
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline kaz1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 2, 2010, 01:05:12 pm »
Cristiano Ronaldo who stays behind in almost every training session, at all clubs he's been at, to train by himself after others have gone home to improve his free kicks etc... has no ambition...

Same guy who left Madeira to move to mainland Portugal to try and be a pro by himself at age 11 or whatever...

okay then...

I get what your saying but my point was he has done it for himself, he is the reason why he is were he is today -earning the money that does.

I believe most footballers who come nothing are like this, there is nothing wrong with that.. but to be really remembered you to have been part of and fully committed to something bigger than just yourself. It a shame cos if he had this he could really go on to become a top, top class player -a team player. As it is he is going to remembered differently, in 20 years time people won't remember 'he stayed behind in almost every training session, at all clubs he's been at' .. he will be remembered very differently.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2010, 01:07:33 pm by BMW »

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #111 on: July 2, 2010, 01:50:32 pm »
he is a Prick, no doubt about it and changing the colour of his shirt doesn't change anything

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #112 on: July 2, 2010, 02:13:41 pm »
For the same reason why I detest Drogba.
Both unstoppable players when they are at the top of their game. But when things aren't going their way they act the c*nt.

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #113 on: July 2, 2010, 02:15:09 pm »
ronaldo does not think highly of you either

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ozuFBD0XG0o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ozuFBD0XG0o</a>
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #114 on: July 2, 2010, 02:15:13 pm »
Does he play mainly for personal glory, or to win his team trophies?

Of course, the two go hand in hand when discussing his ability, but there's more to being a legend than that I think

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #115 on: July 2, 2010, 02:33:37 pm »
One of my reasons (there are many) is the hype over those fucking free kicks. I don't know what his success rate is - one in ten?... one on twenty?... but most of the time they go into the wall or fly over the bar. It's hit and hope stuff - spectacular when they go in but the actual technique is awful.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seņor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #116 on: July 2, 2010, 02:53:51 pm »
One of my reasons (there are many) is the hype over those fucking free kicks. I don't know what his success rate is - one in ten?... one on twenty?... but most of the time they go into the wall or fly over the bar. It's hit and hope stuff - spectacular when they go in but the actual technique is awful.

I liked it when the media and Manchester United fans said that he scored as many free kicks a season as Juninho. Juninho would score more if he shot regularly from 40 yards, essentially trading an oppurtunity for a threatening cross with an embarassing shot. Its as much a misleading stat as Riise's goal record
« Last Edit: July 2, 2010, 02:55:29 pm by rowan_d »

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 2, 2010, 04:32:36 pm »
Why do I hate Cristiano Ronaldo? That is a complicated answer.

I hate the way he is wanked all over by the press
I hate the way he takes his free kicks
I hate the way he looks
I hate that layer of grease that seeps from his pores
I hate how step-overs make you the greatest player in the world
I hate how he played for the dirty mancs
I hate how he thinks he can walk on water
I hate the way he complains to the refs if anything doesn't go his way.
I hate "he who fannies about and dives around" and "CR9"
I hate the fact that we could have picked him up before the Mancs
I hate the fact that I would probably love him if we did
I hate the gaudy rocks he shoves in his ears
I hate that pundits claim he is good for world football and turn a blind eye to his cheating prickish ways
I hate the fact that girls swoon over him
I hate the fact that he looks like a greased up transvestite
I hate that he plays for Real Madrid
I hate how people actually like him

But one thing I do like about him is how he fucks off anytime a big tournament comes around.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #118 on: July 2, 2010, 05:52:59 pm »
Why do I hate Cristiano Ronaldo? That is a complicated answer.

I hate the way he is wanked all over by the press
I hate the way he takes his free kicks
I hate the way he looks
I hate that layer of grease that seeps from his pores
I hate how step-overs make you the greatest player in the world
I hate how he played for the dirty mancs
I hate how he thinks he can walk on water
I hate the way he complains to the refs if anything doesn't go his way.
I hate "he who fannies about and dives around" and "CR9"
I hate the fact that we could have picked him up before the Mancs
I hate the fact that I would probably love him if we did
I hate the gaudy rocks he shoves in his ears
I hate that pundits claim he is good for world football and turn a blind eye to his cheating prickish ways
I hate the fact that girls swoon over him
I hate the fact that he looks like a greased up transvestite
I hate that he plays for Real Madrid
I hate how people actually like him

But one thing I do like about him is how he fucks off anytime a big tournament comes around.

So you're undecided on him then?

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #119 on: July 2, 2010, 05:53:52 pm »
Embodies everything wrong with modern football.
We're on our way to glory...