Author Topic: The Frasier Thread  (Read 15632 times)

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
Re: The Frasier Thread
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2007, 03:01:20 pm »
True.  :-X
Check the timeline as well. Another drunken post...
 ;D

Who's willis?

All the world don't move, to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, might not be right for some...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2007, 09:22:25 pm »
True.  :-X
Check the timeline as well. Another drunken post...
 ;D

Who's willis?
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2007, 09:46:29 pm »
Just watching a "Cheers" from 1986, and it happens to be the one where he first brings a certain Lilith Sternin to the bar for the first time.

What was even weirder was that Frasier, after Lilith storms out, then meets Candi, played by Jennifer Tilly.

I was trying to think where I knew her from, then realised that she plays a woman Frasier meets in the final season of "Frasier" - the one he brings home from the bar and then sprays whipped cream over his own chest, only for her to say she's lactose intolerant :D

Apparently Peri Gilpen (Roz) appeared in a late "Cheers", as did John Mahoney (Martin).
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2007, 09:54:25 pm »
Am I the only person to find Lilith extremely hot?  Like, really fuckable?  Plus Bebe Neuwirth is a dancer....so she's going to be really, really bendy.  YO YO MA!

Roz is damn fine too.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline saph

• Magnificent seven lesbian
  • Legacy Fan
  • it could look like a liverbird after a few pints
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2007, 10:07:59 pm »
hot in a scary way yeh! prefer roz though  :lickin
sponsored by 2 NaCl + 2 H2O → Cl2 + H2 + 2 NaOH

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2007, 10:53:08 pm »
Just watching a "Cheers" from 1986, and it happens to be the one where he first brings a certain Lilith Sternin to the bar for the first time.

What was even weirder was that Frasier, after Lilith storms out, then meets Candi, played by Jennifer Tilly.

I was trying to think where I knew her from, then realised that she plays a woman Frasier meets in the final season of "Frasier" - the one he brings home from the bar and then sprays whipped cream over his own chest, only for her to say she's lactose intolerant :D

Apparently Peri Gilpen (Roz) appeared in a late "Cheers", as did John Mahoney (Martin).

yeah i remember roz but not martin, was he the fireman.

and bizarrely daphne was in an early seinfeld with an even dodgier english accent
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2007, 10:53:56 pm »
Am I the only person to find Lilith extremely hot?  Like, really fuckable?  Plus Bebe Neuwirth is a dancer....so she's going to be really, really bendy.  YO YO MA!

Roz is damn fine too.

Lillith was my childhood fantasy
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2007, 11:09:20 pm »

"Schwing!"
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2007, 08:53:03 am »
yeah i remember roz but not martin, was he the fireman.

and bizarrely daphne was in an early seinfeld with an even dodgier english accent

John Mahoney's character wrote theme songs. Lisa Kudrow was in a 1990 Cheers, too.

As for Jane Leeves, she was the virgin in Seinfeld. And that was more her true British accent...
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2008, 05:46:02 am »
David Hyde Pierce is my favourite actor of all time, an absolute genius. I went to see him in a show on Broadway, and sat in wait outside the building until he finally came out - yes I realise it's a bit stalker-ish, but I had to let him know how I felt! ;D
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2008, 11:51:11 am »

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2008, 06:42:22 pm »
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2008, 10:18:47 pm »
David Hyde Pierce is my favourite actor of all time, an absolute genius. I went to see him in a show on Broadway, and sat in wait outside the building until he finally came out - yes I realise it's a bit stalker-ish, but I had to let him know how I felt! ;D

did you suck the life force out of him, he looks like Skeletor David Moyes
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Operation Hennessey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2008, 10:38:20 pm »
Easily one of the best sitcoms from America, never get tired of this (or Cheers for that matter). I agree it lost it's way about when Niles and Daphne got together particularly when Daphne's Mum was a regular. The one where they have to pretend to be Jewish, where Martin gets stoned...too many great episodes to remember...and yeah definitely would go for a bit of Lilith.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2008, 12:36:50 pm »
I fuckin hate clowns but think this ep is brilliant

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qz76d7h1sM0&feature=related

And Buttons and Bows!! ;D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FvAWUJCjgQE&feature=related

the episode with the clown is epic

as is the one where martin wonders if Hestor had had an affair and the posh chappie was Frasier and Niles' dad

this bit is amazingly funny

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xs7ydlIPEKE

Offline Benitez

• Legacy Fan
  • Nunca caminarás sólo
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2008, 12:49:55 pm »

;D

I love Frasier, although sometimes it's so cringy I can't watch, them scenes when you know what's going to happen, and it's just painful!

I'm going to see the very wonderful John Mahoney in a play next month - 'The Seafarer'.

"Stay humble. Work harder than the other team every game, and work harder in practice. Take nothing for granted, especially on a day like today. How could you? It’s a gift to be playing in this league, a gift to walk the planet. So you know what, leave it on the ice every single night and let the results take care of themselves"

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2008, 09:28:16 pm »
My favourite American sitcom by miles. Funny, clever, intelligent, moving, farcical and deadly serious at times.

Love the radio play episode myself. Haven't seen it for years, must track it down

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2008, 07:13:58 pm »

No, he was just severely overwhelmed to be meeting me.
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 7, 2012, 08:08:39 pm »
This gets shown on CH4 in the mornings, how good was this show, up until Niles and Daphne got together?

Quality show

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 7, 2012, 08:13:51 pm »
I know it finished a while ago but a thread is needed for the daddy of all sitcoms.

The repeats of a morning on C4 are quality.
Wow. Nearly five years later and the repeats are still the staple of channel fours morning. 8:30 every morn, after According to Jim and Everybody loves Raymond. Quality way to start the day

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #60 on: March 7, 2012, 08:43:25 pm »
"This stinks! This is total BS! This is - oh here it is"  ;D
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 7, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »
Absolutely wonderful show, still incredibly watchable I thinnk it has 'aged' better than most sitcoms of it's type.

The Last Time I Saw Maris, is one of my favourite episodes;

NILES: I marched into her room and demanded an explanation, it seems that over lunch with her garden club Maris heard that the new couture lines had arrived in New York, so she hiked her way to the airport and in haste had forgotten to leave me a note.
FRASIER: Unbelievable
NILES: Just thinking about it makes me furious
FRASIER:Really?
NILES: Yes………so! I told her Maris, you are inconsiderate and when you are ready to apologise, I can be reached at Frasier’s… then I stormed out and slammed the door. Of course it was that 14th century Bavarian cathedral door, so I had to get two of the servants to help me slam it BUT what it lacked in spontaneity it made up for in resonance.

I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #62 on: March 7, 2012, 10:09:27 pm »
Class stuff - on ComedyCentralXtra at 4-6pm for 4 back-to-back episodes in the week.

Did they ever follow up on the episode where Bulldog tells Roz how he feels about her, but she politely rejects him? - thought there was a quite bit they could've done with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXSjsf9SsGQ&feature=related
« Last Edit: March 7, 2012, 10:13:32 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #63 on: March 7, 2012, 10:16:02 pm »
Love this show, it's an absolute classic. It has a witty brand of humour that easily weaves between low and highbrow humour. Not many American comedies like it. Also Martin Crane has to be one of the best and most underrated TV dads.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 7, 2012, 10:19:31 pm »
Absolutely wonderful show, still incredibly watchable I thinnk it has 'aged' better than most sitcoms of it's type.

The Last Time I Saw Maris, is one of my favourite episodes;

NILES: I marched into her room and demanded an explanation, it seems that over lunch with her garden club Maris heard that the new couture lines had arrived in New York, so she hiked her way to the airport and in haste had forgotten to leave me a note.
FRASIER: Unbelievable
NILES: Just thinking about it makes me furious
FRASIER:Really?
NILES: Yes………so! I told her Maris, you are inconsiderate and when you are ready to apologise, I can be reached at Frasier’s… then I stormed out and slammed the door. Of course it was that 14th century Bavarian cathedral door, so I had to get two of the servants to help me slam it BUT what it lacked in spontaneity it made up for in resonance.

Niles was the star of the show :D

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #65 on: March 7, 2012, 10:32:25 pm »
Seems there's whole episodes up on youtube...

the one where Frasier and Roz nearly get it on - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fbpj1SlMOY (Hot Pursuit)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #66 on: March 7, 2012, 10:43:09 pm »
Look Before You Leap, Ham Radio and Chess Pains. Classics.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #67 on: March 7, 2012, 10:46:44 pm »
Look up Niles ironing his pants on YouTube. Classic.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #68 on: March 7, 2012, 10:56:29 pm »
Off the top off me head thats the one when he keeps passing out isn't it and Frasier has a new sofa?..... ;D

*Crank alert*
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 7, 2012, 11:02:20 pm »

Couldn't remember that scene. Brilliant.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTdD_dVyteA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eTdD_dVyteA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #70 on: March 7, 2012, 11:14:02 pm »
Off the top off me head thats the one when he keeps passing out isn't it and Frasier has a new sofa?..... ;D

*Crank alert*

That's the one. Pure comedy - as good as Stan Laurel or Buster Keaton at their best.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 8, 2012, 08:48:34 am »
haha The one on C4 now is class. Dr Mary!

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #72 on: March 8, 2012, 11:50:26 am »
Just finished the box set and there were possibly only a couple of episodes which were so-so, but out of 11 seasons you really can't argue with that. Utterly superb viewing.

"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 8, 2012, 12:21:07 pm »
haha The one on C4 now is class. Dr Mary!

Frasier being Mary was ace :D

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 8, 2012, 01:17:38 pm »
Frasier being Mary was ace :D
'A Cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits!'
The double bill one where Niles and Daphne get together is on now.
I heard a line I'd never noticed before yesterday, when Nanny G is explaining how she hates her life and says, 'can you imagine playing the same character for 20 years?' I though that was really funny, Grammer's face was brilliant.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 8, 2012, 01:53:17 pm »
one of the best,Eddie
one of the worst that dick head lawyer daphne was goin to marry,just remembered his name Donny,should have gone off into the sunset with mel
also all of daphnes family,millecent martin{her mum}and the rest, nearly ruined it for me!!!

« Last Edit: March 8, 2012, 01:56:43 pm by rhylred »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 8, 2012, 04:53:38 pm »
'A Cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits!'

:D

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #77 on: March 8, 2012, 04:54:54 pm »
I find it difficult to believe he can afford that apartment on the wages of a regional radio show host.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 8, 2012, 11:18:55 pm »
I find it difficult to believe he can afford that apartment on the wages of a regional radio show host.
He did have a psychiatric practice for years before he moved to Seattle, they earn a fair whack!
I do often sit watching wishing I could have an apartment like that some day!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 9, 2012, 11:03:12 am »
What bollocks is this, putting athletics on this morning instead of Frasier