Author Topic: Mingebags  (Read 256255 times)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Mingebags
« Reply #2120 on: July 20, 2022, 08:29:29 pm »
Whilst I admire his chutzpah, that is taking the piss.
It's that kind of behaviour that would stop the directors to agreeing to do it in future.
Ps well done on the project. Sounds like a success so I assume it's not a government IT project.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2121 on: July 20, 2022, 09:00:54 pm »
Here’s on for you that split opinions at the office, which baffled me.

The team at work had done great work on a recent project that’s earned the company a pretty penny and some great opportunities off the back of it - so I requested to take all involved out for a thank you meal, to which the directors agreed a paid meal and a few drinks (but to remind people it’s a work event and not take the piss).

Went to an Indian in town, was very decent, with it being a work night most had a couple then got picked up, one or two did have a few more but no one went silly on the drink. However, at the end of the evening when I was checking the bill before paying (the restaurant has previous for making mistakes shall we say with the drinks on a large party’s bill) I noticed there were two curries on there we hadn’t had. I queried it and the bloke pointed to one of our party. I asked him about it and he’d ordered two takeaway curries on the tab in order to take food for his missus and teenage lad. I couldn’t believe the cheek to be honest. I had them taken off and him pay for them. He argued that it was being paid for by the company anyway so he didn’t see the big deal.

A few days later he’s still banging on about it being unfair and there’s a few who apparently agree with him. I personally think that when the company has done something actually nice for people that they didn’t have to, outside of the usual structured parties that it’s mingebag behaviour to try and sneak a couple of meals on the bill to take home to your family. This bloke is very well paid and can definitely afford tea, so this is not poverty induced.

Thoughts?

I’m staggered that it split anyones opinion.

He’s a fucking pisstaking mingebag. I genuinely struggle to understand the thought process for something like that.

Honestly, I’d have made him pay for his own meal and drinks too, just to teach the tight c*nt a lesson.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2122 on: July 20, 2022, 09:38:00 pm »
Yeah that sounds like twat behaviour, if everyone did the same you'd all get a bollocking and you wouldn't be getting another thank you meal next time around. He's banking on being the only one who gets to take advantage.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2123 on: July 20, 2022, 10:27:25 pm »
I’m glad RAWK seems to be aligned, I was genuinely wondering about my own thought process of him being a mingebag who was taking the piss.

I reckon a good 40% thought it was fine and one even said ‘ah I didn’t know that was allowed I should’ve done that!’ Most the others thought it was a piss take. I’d maybe even have a different tact if we were Microsoft or something but we’re a mid sized business where we directly have a lot to do with the owner and this was essentially £1,500 out of his pocket just by means of thanks. I think doing such a thing jeopardises that sort of treatment in the future.

Whilst I admire his chutzpah, that is taking the piss.
It's that kind of behaviour that would stop the directors to agreeing to do it in future.
Ps well done on the project. Sounds like a success so I assume it's not a government IT project.
Cheers - work in Networks and we managed to agree an area and finalise build stage plans before some much bigger established ISPs which enables us to expand over a greater area. Not government related at all thank god.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2124 on: July 20, 2022, 10:28:23 pm »
With it being a firm involved I’d call it more being an arlarse than a mingebag

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #2125 on: July 20, 2022, 10:35:18 pm »
Bizarre behaviour going through the bill with a fine tooth comb when the company are paying  ;D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: July 20, 2022, 10:50:33 pm »
Bizarre behaviour going through the bill with a fine tooth comb when the company are paying  ;D
Wouldn’t normally do it but I’ve been to that Indian before - like I said in the original post they wait til the party is pissed up and add extra drinks onto the bill, or never bring you something you’ve ordered but then it’s on the bill. One Christmas we went and they put about 6 extra pints on there.

Not my money but don’t want them taking the piss.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2127 on: July 20, 2022, 10:53:21 pm »
That is just all kinds of wrong.

Cheeky fucker.  Trying to make out THEY are doing local bands a favour.

Back in the day, I'm sure Muse couldn't resist the pull of a plateful of mushroom Vol-au-vents and some cheese and pineapple on sticks, all washed down with a glass of Blue Nun.

Followed up by a Super Massive Black Forest Gateau.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: July 20, 2022, 11:03:57 pm »
That is just all kinds of wrong.

Cheeky fucker.  Trying to make out THEY are doing local bands a favour.

Back in the day, I'm sure Muse couldn't resist the pull of a plateful of mushroom Vol-au-vents and some cheese and pineapple on sticks, all washed down with a glass of Blue Nun.

In fairness, the addition of the Blue Nun, the pineapple and the cheese means that you’re vastly overpaying for fucking Muse anyway.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2129 on: July 21, 2022, 06:33:10 am »
Wouldn’t normally do it but I’ve been to that Indian before - like I said in the original post they wait til the party is pissed up and add extra drinks onto the bill, or never bring you something you’ve ordered but then it’s on the bill. One Christmas we went and they put about 6 extra pints on there.

Out of curiousity, would you ordinarily give a tip there. Obvs different issue with someone else's money. But I'd not want to be tipping someone that's happy to steal from me. to be honest if they were known for doing that I'd have them outside my top ten places to eat.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: July 21, 2022, 07:09:55 am »
Out of curiousity, would you ordinarily give a tip there. Obvs different issue with someone else's money. But I'd not want to be tipping someone that's happy to steal from me. to be honest if they were known for doing that I'd have them outside my top ten places to eat.
I personally swerve the place but it’s got a good location for the office and was able to seat a large party at short notice. Wouldn’t go there myself based on their previous behaviour.

We did tip the other night, most people put roughly a fiver in and some dipped out so the tip was just over £120. I refused to tip the time before when they were adding drinks to our bill because it wasn’t a mistake what they were doing.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2131 on: July 21, 2022, 08:35:18 am »

The more you do for people, the more they expect.

Give an inch they take a mile and all that.

You were dead right.

My Dad did similar in the late 70s, he was on strike for months in work and a building he was outside, a well known Irish politician who had through no fault of his indirectly got involved in the strike (I wont say names) sent word down that as they were short on money and they were freezing their nuts off they could go over to the pub across the way at lunch for soup and sandwiches and he would take care of the bill.

However soon after, lads were bringing in their families to get fed which my dad didnt agree with and he sent word up for it to be stopped.

I suppose they werent as bad as your mate given they had little money but again they were given an inch and they took a mile

I think doing such a thing jeopardises that sort of treatment in the future.

yep, just ruins it for everyone else

The restaurant do sound like a bunch of chancers though. They could ruin it for themselves, they charge an extra 6 pints but potentially losing a few 100 a year by people not going back because of that
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 08:39:08 am by paulrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2132 on: July 21, 2022, 08:39:10 am »
I certainly wouldn't go to a restaurant that indulges in foul practices like that, no matter how good the location or food is.

As for your co-worker, is he still going on about it? Some people really do love to try it on when it's not their own money. I have an uncle who is the tightest c*nt around, doesn't go out to eat anywhere with his family and puts his them all on a keto diet so food consumption is minimal. But whenever he's invited out to eat with us (against most of our wills) he orders ridiculous shit like a £20 t-bone steak for them all, fancy drinks and goes all out on the desserts. Funnily enough he doesn't get invited out with us anymore.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: July 21, 2022, 08:41:05 am »
Yeah that sounds like twat behaviour, if everyone did the same you'd all get a bollocking and you wouldn't be getting another thank you meal next time around. He's banking on being the only one who gets to take advantage.

That's where the issue is - that if everyone did that it would be a huge problem. Ultimately he should have said he was ordering some take out for his wife and paid out his own pocket. At very least someone might have said 'just put it on the tab' as he would be transparent in that scenario. If he was a full on mingebag he could have taken everyone's leftovers really in a doggy bag.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: July 21, 2022, 08:54:47 am »
Is that proper mingebag, or just not letting food go to waste?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2135 on: July 21, 2022, 09:05:48 am »

Its not a fine comb if you think about it.
Its 2 full dishes costing what.. 20 pounds each?!?
Plus does it matter who bears the bill? If you order curry, and not given, but on the bill, you shouldnt have to pay for it. It doesnt matter if the bill is 50 pounds or 500 pounds or who bears the bill.

Also, wrt the OP, its not mingebag. its just being an asshole. When we had team event, I spoke to the HR beforehand, paid for my takeaway, and then took food home on that day. Its not difficult for someone with a clear conscience.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: July 21, 2022, 09:06:43 am »
Is that proper mingebag, or just not letting food go to waste?
how is food going to waste

He is adding on food to the bill to bring home simply because its free

Course its mingebag

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2137 on: July 21, 2022, 09:10:39 am »
This is my favourite thread to see bumped :D

Proper mingebaggery that, and sounds like a mingebag restaurant as well
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #2138 on: July 21, 2022, 09:28:32 am »
You lot are all just company shills. The billionaires will always win with you lot grassing on each other.  ;D

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #2139 on: July 21, 2022, 09:37:58 am »
This is my favourite thread to see bumped :D

Proper mingebaggery that, and sounds like a mingebag restaurant as well
Agreed! We need more examples of people being tight bastards! Makes me wonder how people can go through life like that and grateful that I’m not one…
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2140 on: July 21, 2022, 09:47:19 am »
I know someone who visits McNasty's and Burger kings and Subway just so he can nick paper napkins that he uses at home to clean his kitchen top.

And he doesnt go there as a customer. He just enters the mentioned establishment, lifts up the entire bunch of paper napkins and walks out. He has a plastic box filled with such paper napkins.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2141 on: July 21, 2022, 09:52:06 am »

If he thought it was kosher, he would have brought his missus and kid along for the meal. The fact that he didn't means he knew he was trying to pull a fast one, and you rightly called him out for it.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2142 on: July 21, 2022, 09:58:58 am »
If he thought it was kosher, he would have brought his missus and kid along for the meal. The fact that he didn't means he knew he was trying to pull a fast one, and you rightly called him out for it.
What pisses me off about that sort of stuff is that he put you in an awkward position as the host. Instead of going along, having a meal and a drink like everyone else, he decides to take the piss and was the only one. You caught him due to the restaurants reputation and checking the bill and now he's moaning.

Tell him to shut up and stop embarrassing himself, he's created an issue where no one else has, its caused hassle and can leave you with the "why did I bother" feeling.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2143 on: July 21, 2022, 10:32:06 am »
Na he's a proper mingebag. Alright if it's a buffet or something and the food has already been ordered and paid for and would be fucked out if not used, but not like that.

I agree a piss taking mingebag at that.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2144 on: July 21, 2022, 10:50:19 am »
That's absolutely being a pisstaker. Snidely ordering extra food on the side when you aren't paying. It's not like you've pulled him up on an extra rice or sidedish. The only reason some of your colleagues might not agree is because they wish they'd done it themselves. But even then some of them probably would never do it themselves because they know really it's taking the piss.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2145 on: July 21, 2022, 10:55:28 am »
Work outings/parties are probably the greatest place for mingebag spotting.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2146 on: July 21, 2022, 11:01:24 am »
This thread makes me baffled at how humanity is literally, I cannot comprehend the blatant cheek and stubbornness of people with Mingebag tendencies, it feels so alien to me.

How do these people not think they are a twat or be embarrassed being a Mingeback, all to save a few quid.

Curry guy was out of order, cheeky bastard doing that on the sly.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: July 21, 2022, 12:03:37 pm »
It does ruin it for others, it reminded me years ago I did work delivering takeaways

For the first few years I could get free food if I worked there, depending on how busy it was.

Sometimes too you just didnt bother, did bring my mrs in one day although she probably took the food i didnt take, or paid for hers and mine was free I cant remember

But what I do remember was why it got stopped, some lad on the phones would absolutely horse the free food, he start bringing his mates in for free food nearly every night he worked. He was taking about 30 quid of food per night. So it got stopped

Even after he left it wasnt brought back, if you wanted it after that you had to pay for it

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2148 on: July 21, 2022, 01:43:59 pm »
So on the one hand you call out (rightly) someone ordering food for other people, but don't do it those who had more than a few drinks?  Where's the line?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: July 21, 2022, 01:51:31 pm »
PaulRazor; that’s the issue, one ruins it for all. Your story is basically the same as when I worked at M&S as a teenager.

We used to go round finding stuff about to expire and stick the famous yellow labels on it. At the end of the night, anything unsold went into a staff shop that was dirt cheap. We’re talking sandwiches for 5p, steaks for £1 and full chickens for like 80p. Mad stuff. At Christmas we’d always get Turkeys for a few quid too and party food that would sort you for all of Christmas.

Now what happened wasn’t mingebaggery in my mind, it was straight up dishonesty. People started to find certain good items with expiring dates, ticket them and then hide them - stuffing them behind all the fresh stuff or down the back of the radiator grates or behind other products, so they could fish them out and have them from the staff store for next to nothing later. People were doing it with stupid stuff that would clearly sell if yellow labelled, stuff that never made it to the store like the Angus steaks, high end microwave meals and seafood. It quickly got identified (I worked at both Liverpool One and The Arndale and it went on in both shops) and banned as a practice throughout the business, so the food got wasted and no one got the bargains because a few people pushed it too far.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2150 on: July 21, 2022, 02:13:39 pm »
I have heard of some staff getting ridiculous amounts of christmas food for less than £5

Have heard about a few chancers like that though with yellow stickers

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: July 21, 2022, 03:05:32 pm »
My firm had the same problem with a chiropractor who used to help us out and he in turn got free stuff off us. We are a sign company and we done the guys place out with displays and illuminated signs so he was very happy with the deal.
I used to go once every 2 years or so when I was in agony. Then our firm got bigger and new people abused it, to the point one bloke who had been there 6 months to my 15 years, was getting his father in law in there for free back cracks. Another lad who had been there 5 minutes even got an enema for free  :o
Its always one person who ruins it, or in this case two.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2152 on: July 21, 2022, 03:08:26 pm »
My firm had the same problem with a chiropractor who used to help us out and he in turn got free stuff off us. We are a sign company and we done the guys place out with displays and illuminated signs so he was very happy with the deal.
I used to go once every 2 years or so when I was in agony. Then our firm got bigger and new people abused it, to the point one bloke who had been there 6 months to my 15 years, was getting his father in law in there for free back cracks. Another lad who had been there 5 minutes even got an enema for free  :o
Its always one person who ruins it, or in this case two.
pain in the hole alright

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2153 on: July 21, 2022, 03:16:03 pm »
So on the one hand you call out (rightly) someone ordering food for other people, but don't do it those who had more than a few drinks?  Where's the line?

Because those ordering extra drinks were workmates and not their freeloading family members?

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2154 on: July 21, 2022, 04:19:14 pm »
how is food going to waste

He is adding on food to the bill to bring home simply because its free

Course its mingebag
I mean if he takes home leftovers in a doggie bag. I'm saying thats not mingebag ( though I agree , this thread is about how the word is open to interpretation, so some would say that's mingebag)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2155 on: July 21, 2022, 04:30:48 pm »

Because those ordering extra drinks were workmates and not their freeloading family members?

Yeah I dont think its a particularly fine line. It'd be like someone at work ordering some extra notepads for themselves through the companies stationary account because they make more notes than other people, and then someone else using it to buy some printer cartridges for his home printer so his kids can print their homework.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2156 on: July 21, 2022, 06:08:20 pm »
Work outings/parties are probably the greatest place for mingebag spotting.

Yep.

Our work used to give a Xmas lunch 'budget' to each department/team. Some (usually the smaller teams) used to group together. Budget paid for a meal in somewhere decent, plus a few drinks.

This one year, there was about 20 of us across two teams that went out. Plan was to have the meal and a few drinks, settle up using the company cash, then those wanting to carry on would do so under our own steam. But we stayed in there in the bar area having drinks and a good craic most of the afternoon. When it came to settling up, we were well short and it was suggested we all throw in. Then it emerged that one lad, the youngest there - who was a gobby whopper anyway and only been there about 6 months - had been drinking triple rums, and not just any rum, but the most expensive in the place, at about £20 a triple, and he'd had about 5. His boss took him to one side and told him to 'volunteer' to pay for a couple of those. Oh, the tantrum! As word spread what the 'heated debate' was all about, we just started taking the piss. He eventually agreed to pay for two.

That left the rest us us with £10 to tip in. Fine, no problem for almost everyone. Till it came to this other guy on my team who's a funny onion anyway. He'd been drinking orange juice all day because he doesn't drink and steadfastly refused to pay any more, as he hadn't caused any of the overspend.

Can see his point to a certain extent, but the company has paid about £40 for your lunch, then more for your [soft] drinks. To chip-in a tenner is fuck all. Mingebag!

After an impasse, and with most ready to move on and ditch the boring ones, about three people just got another tenner out to offer to pay.

We all went to where an insurer was hosting a broker get-together with an open bar. The triple-rum lad was absolutely wankered after half an hour. When we got in the office next day, turns out he'd scavved a lift with this woman on his team whose husband had come to pick her up. Then barfed all over their car.

His boss, already pissed-off at him, made him pay for her husband's car to get a full valet because he's not even offered to help clean it.

The lad was gone within 6 months.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2157 on: July 21, 2022, 08:33:06 pm »

At the bar?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2158 on: July 22, 2022, 02:43:25 pm »

Yep.

Our work used to give a Xmas lunch 'budget' to each department/team. Some (usually the smaller teams) used to group together. Budget paid for a meal in somewhere decent, plus a few drinks.

This one year, there was about 20 of us across two teams that went out. Plan was to have the meal and a few drinks, settle up using the company cash, then those wanting to carry on would do so under our own steam. But we stayed in there in the bar area having drinks and a good craic most of the afternoon. When it came to settling up, we were well short and it was suggested we all throw in. Then it emerged that one lad, the youngest there - who was a gobby whopper anyway and only been there about 6 months - had been drinking triple rums, and not just any rum, but the most expensive in the place, at about £20 a triple, and he'd had about 5. His boss took him to one side and told him to 'volunteer' to pay for a couple of those. Oh, the tantrum! As word spread what the 'heated debate' was all about, we just started taking the piss. He eventually agreed to pay for two.

That left the rest us us with £10 to tip in. Fine, no problem for almost everyone. Till it came to this other guy on my team who's a funny onion anyway. He'd been drinking orange juice all day because he doesn't drink and steadfastly refused to pay any more, as he hadn't caused any of the overspend.

Can see his point to a certain extent, but the company has paid about £40 for your lunch, then more for your [soft] drinks. To chip-in a tenner is fuck all. Mingebag!

After an impasse, and with most ready to move on and ditch the boring ones, about three people just got another tenner out to offer to pay.

We all went to where an insurer was hosting a broker get-together with an open bar. The triple-rum lad was absolutely wankered after half an hour. When we got in the office next day, turns out he'd scavved a lift with this woman on his team whose husband had come to pick her up. Then barfed all over their car.

His boss, already pissed-off at him, made him pay for her husband's car to get a full valet because he's not even offered to help clean it.

The lad was gone within 6 months.

Totally agree with him to be honest  :D

If he's drinking a soft drink at £1.50 a pop because he doesn't drink alcohol, why should he pay towards some tit that is getting drinks at £20 a pop?

If I'm going out for pints, I'm not going to do rounds with someone that is drinking double whiskeys. Fuck that, pay for your own.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2159 on: July 22, 2022, 06:15:29 pm »
designated drivers get free soft drinks that's the law