Author Topic: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')  (Read 118209 times)

Offline nutmeg94

• Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs 4 v Liverpool 1 (Kane 3' Son 12' Salah 24' Ali 45+2’ Kane 55')
« Reply #320 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:18 pm »
Second half wasn't too bad but that's mostly because Spurs sat back and had it won already.

More than any other match since klopp has come in, this one made it incredibly obvious that our defense needs overhauling

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:24 pm »
Back to the drawing board for us but there's still plenty in this side to work with. Going to be sordid reading this thread.

I wouldn't read it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #322 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:30 pm »
They didnt have to do anything. We gifted them all the goals.

They are still a much better side than us.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:33 pm »
We made 1 first 11 signing...1

After getting champions league.. 1.

The talk of going to next level. 1
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:36 pm »
Henderson as DM just isn't working is it? Let's all be honest now! Henderson at DM is just a joke

I like Henderson and think he's a tidy little player to have around the squad but I just don't see any leadership from him at all.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:36 pm »
15 goals away from home conceded. Negative goal difference and 2 wins in 10.

Awful.

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:38 pm »
honestly, we are having some serious problems defensively this season.

Our CB'S aren't good enough. Our midfield isn't good enough, starting from our captain Jordan Henderson.

We are lacking a true number 9, Firmino hasn't been playing quality football like he was last year.

Poor, really poor performance from the lads today, no way we can end up in the top four playing like this.

Kloop has to make some serious changes to the way we are playing and to the approach we are having. We can't continue like this.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #327 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:39 pm »
Rather have Firmino than Harry Kane.

But Kane doesn't fit the system or whatever transition between the lines counter-pressing excuse there is
The change is cast

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: October 22, 2017, 06:02:55 pm »
So now what?
Window by window Jurgen replaces a percentage of this team. Not a lot has changed, he always needed a spine its just that he'll have realised he needn't be so patient.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:01 pm »
The worst thing is, it's nothing to do with how the team's set up, it's just simple, basic errors.

I think it is. The amount of exposure that our defence get means they as individuals have to be bang on. But they are not.

Also how unconvinced do our team look every single time the ball is crossed in? There is ZERO belief that something good is gonna come of it with a huge gap in the middle zone. Our positioning is all wrong for potentially attacking said ball.

I hope the players on the fringes have something to them as it'd be great to see them trained; Woodburn, Griuic etc...

I can handle losing to a better team which they were but that was a truly pathetic effort at resistance today, a reach gut wrencher.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #330 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:04 pm »
To what??!

We have 1 defender and zero keepers in the entire squad who are  definitely good enough... and he's injured.
Well we can't sign anyone right now can we? Should we just leave it as it is until then yeah?

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #331 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »
So last season we were unbeaten against all the other top 6 clubs and we've already lost 2 out of 4 so far against them and we don't seem to be doing any better against the smaller sides

This is going to be a long long season. Stupidity and stubbornness going into the season with this squad. Badly need 2 new centre half and a goalkeeper to begin with

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #332 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:15 pm »
We really know how to build on CL qualification don't we, we really set about consolidating that place in the top 4 and making sure we've got that platform to build on again the following summer. We never piss away all the previous seasons hard work.

I think the best we can say at this point is that top 4 is not out of sight yet
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #333 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:16 pm »
Ouch. Just ouch. Defence and midfield need better players.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #334 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:18 pm »
I'd drive Can to Turin tonight and let them have him free of charge. One of the most disgraceful Liverpool midfielders I've ever seen. Lovren has been pathetic too.

Change the team up for the next few games, considering we'll end up the season in a Uefa cup position or worse. Karius/Ward in goal, Gomez at centre half, Trent, Robertson, Grujic, Chamberlain, Solanke etc, just fucking give them a go because only several of the whole squad that travelled down there today have a future here.

Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:24 pm »
Matip was horrendous too. Still not sure what I make of him, reserving judgement for when he's partnered with a capable CB.

Offline joeey10

• Main Stander
  • Canadian Red
« Reply #336 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:29 pm »
This was one bad game. Nightmarish... >:(
The Road End is dead. In it's stead is the biggest aggregation of c*nts since the 50 year reunion at the Playboy Mansion.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:31 pm »
Don't let the door hit yer fucking arse on the way out.

What fucking ever man, what fucking ever.
I'll give everyone a chance, second chance, third chance - after that it's Everton level masochism for which I have no time in my life. This manager and team has made their bed - against all advice, against reason and sanity itself they have decided to bluff with a thin, pathetic hand and are now getting fucked up the ass by proper teams. So let them bluff some more - I have no time for it.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:33 pm »
Spurs will finish second this season.

I agree.  With City winning the title.

If we can get our shit together I think we can finish 3/4th with injuries permitting and signing a couple of players in Jan.

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:41 pm »
It's ironic.

We ripped into Mourinho for parking the bus last week, but when teams do attack us, we have no answer. Perhaps he did us a favour last week after all.

Salah was our best player. Credit to Moreno and the Ox for remaining positive also. Coutinho tried hide but well managed by Spurs overall.

Offline DPB RED

• Main Stander
« Reply #340 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:54 pm »
Individually mistakes are killing our season.
This team is clearly not good enough and a clear out is clearly needed.
Mentally week and gave up at half-time.
Just a shocking performance from start to finish.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #341 on: October 22, 2017, 06:03:58 pm »
Noticed that about Coutinho as well. He was awful today along with many others

Not a midfield player. Not sure when people will acknowledge this. Shame Klopp appears to have buckled under external pressure in using him there.

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:02 pm »
Glory Glory Tottenham fucking Hotspur  >:(

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:11 pm »
Absolutely staggering decision not to improve the keeper and centre back positions in the summer. Still stunned by Klopp's admission we passed on Davison Sanchez, how can he not be considered an upgrade on Lovren?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:11 pm »
Jesus. Only read a few posts and the c*nts are out in force

Oh so you're happy, fair enough it must be great in your World.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:12 pm »
I love Klopp but let's be honest, the elephant in the room is Rafa with how good he is doing with Newcastle.
Nah it's not.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:12 pm »
What a nightmare of a game. The less said about Lovren the better (it will be said anyway). Then at 2-1 we are on our way back in the game only to concede two stupid goals on set pieces. I've seen that movie a few times too many by now.

At half time I thought Mignolet really couldn't be blamed for any of the goals. Then he makes a horrific mistake for the fourth. Game over.

Our summer transfer window is looking more like the fucking Titanic for every week now. Klopp should be very worried. I struggle to see how he will turn this around at the moment. I really hope I'm wrong.

Even the "we are great against the top 6 teams" are starting to ring untrue this season. Now it's more like "we are great against Arsenal".

I hate to say it but Klopp was outsmarted by Pochettino today. I said in the halftime thread that Tottenham were using a counterattacking tactic, mainly using Son as target, today they tried against Dortmund for the first time under Pochettino. It worked great then and it worked great today. It shouldn't be as much of a surprise to us today as it was to Dortmund though.

Finally, our results in the PL without Manι must be unbelievably bad.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #347 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:13 pm »
Lovren, mignolet and moreno have been the back bone of this defence for the last 3-4 seasons still at the club and people are complaining that defence is shit??? Tell me please who's at fault here?if a player is happy at a club regardless if he's shit or not wont push for a move, so its entirly fsg's failt for keeping tjis back line and mignolet at the club for so long...why the f**k should we as lpool fans have to watch every game knowing that mistakes from the backline is more or less 50% chance of happening every f**king game for the last 4 seasons!!!

Its a joke and its become stale....Its games like this that heads can roll and hopefullt changes will be put in place regardless if it means losing cash/respect or any other f**king reason some are still at this club

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:18 pm »
All this talk of January is hilarious by the way

Whens the last time we actually went all out to sort our problems in january instead of just beamoaning the lack of 'quality' available during that transfer window. Zero faith we will solve problems then

Well we don't in summer either.. so no difference.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #349 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:22 pm »
Yup. If he can't get a chance now then where are the competition for places Klopp speaks of.

Agreed. Big week for decisions from the manager.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:25 pm »
Henderson as DM just isn't working is it? Let's all be honest now! Henderson at DM is just a joke

Our midfield is a million miles from Masch, Xabi and Gerrard  :'(
Football is a lie

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:30 pm »
Same shit different fucking year.

How many fucking years do these shite footballers need to be shite for before we fucking replace them? In fact, we don't even just not replace them, we make them some of the highest earners in world footballers with ludicrous contract extensions. I'll bet that Lovren was the highest paid CB out there today with his 100k a week new contract.

The same people will come on here with the same excuses. About how we arent far way and blah blah blah. We're miles behind that Spurs team. Not just on a one off game because we might beat them now and then but over the course of a season they are far better. Because they are a balanced team with top players all around the team. Us? We are a bang average set of players, who rely on a few top attackers to bail us out each and every game.

Slaughter the players all you want, I sure as fuck won't stop you. But the biggest problem is that our manager has been here TWO years and still hasn't build a team anywhere near good enough. Salah and Mane. That's the only upgrades we have seen in TWO YEARS. Lovren literally couldnt be any worse. He has done everything possibly to show he isnt good enough. As has Mignolet. They didnt hand themselves a starting spot and new contract. The manager did. Two years down the road and we need as much of an overhaul now as when he walked through the door but he flat out refuses to be ruthless. The usual suspects will be trolling this thread jumping on anyone who dares criticise the manager with their hyberbolic 'YOU WANT KLOPP OUT' shite. That isn't what this is. Klopp is our biggest strength. The only one in this team who has performed on the highest of levels. And that is why this is so fucking frustrating. He has worked alongside elite players. How can he possibly fucking think these footballers are good enough.

Keep going along with these players and we'll win fucking nothing. Just like we have done since the lot of them walked through the damn door. We need an absolute overhaul. The keeper is shit, the defence is shit, the midfield is weak as piss. Our attacking line is the only positive. Unfortunately, the manager has let this happen all at once which means that we won't get what is needed because we arent going to go out and buy 8 new starters despite the fact we need it.

Klopp has been here two years. So split that in to 4 half season sections. We have been dire in 3 of those 4. Which one is the outlier? The one where we were good. Not the ones where we were bad. But we won't do a damn thing about it. Moreno has been a joke for years. Come in, has a few games of being decent and all of a sudden he's the best left back the game has ever seen. He isn't. Just the standard which our players are judged at now are pathetically low. We still have people saying Mignolet is alright. Or that Henderson is a top player.

I'm sick of it. I'm going to be spending close to £200 quid next weekend to watch this lot, and spend an entire day travelling to and from the game. Dreading it.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #352 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:33 pm »
Is he any good at Centre-half?
Excellent
Kenny Godglish

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #353 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:38 pm »
Rather have Firmino than Harry Kane.
To each their own.  I'd rather have someone banging in goals for fun than not

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:39 pm »
Window by window Jurgen replaces a percentage of this team. Not a lot has changed, he always needed a spine its just that he'll have realised he needn't be so patient.

Maybe Klopp needs to grow a spine and rid of them deadwood CBs
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:39 pm »
I'm simply pointing out that saying we have no chance with 29 games to go and only 3 points back is utterly ridiculous.
Yeah, it is. I think we can probably forget about a top 2 finish, but the other two spots are up for grabs. Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd are no better than us really.
Long way to go yet, but the manager needs to show he's willing to address glaring issues.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:39 pm »
We just don't learn.  The problem we face now is that not only are we struggling to break down the teams that defend against us but we're now being ripped open by the teams that attack.  Everyone seems to have cottoned on to us and we haven't adapted or just don't bother to adapt. We set up the same way each time and so far this season it's worked what, twice, or three times maybe?

I like Klopp, I think he's been brilliant and is by a long stretch the best manager we can get, but he's doing himself no favours at the moment.  I know it's not how he wants to play, but if your defence keeps making the same errors, and conceding the same goals then he needs to do something different with the set up. He's spotted it, we know he's spotted it as he's said so, so why 1 month on, are we still doing the exact set up causing the exact same problem that leads to the exact same goals going in?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:07:12 pm by Kekule »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #357 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:44 pm »
Our spine is horrendously weak and we’ve done nothing to fix it for years.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:50 pm »

I think he was playing the Wjnaldum away role today, totally invisible. Not a top player nor a leader, although he seems a nice bloke.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #359 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:03 pm »
Well we can't sign anyone right now can we? Should we just leave it as it is until then yeah?

I'm asking you what you'd like him to change?
Of the fit available players I don't think it matters what back 5 he puts out - what's your back 5 for the next game?