Author Topic: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'  (Read 109017 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« Reply #1200 on: April 5, 2018, 03:41:13 pm »
Only five more sleeps to go.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1201 on: April 5, 2018, 03:42:58 pm »
A bit of a sidenote, but I think Stevie, Lampard and Ferdinand dovetail quite well in the studio.

Rio a bit contradictory at times but you get the feeling they actually enjoy football, and have won something. Unlike Shearer and Murphy and the other non entities on BBC

Frank looked like he was having bad flashbacks when the crowd got going though. 2005 again
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: April 5, 2018, 03:46:49 pm »
I thought we said no more posts about the bus.

;D ;D
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1203 on: April 5, 2018, 03:53:08 pm »

Well, shit.

They need to sell out the ground first - lots of reds have bought tickets I think.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #1204 on: April 5, 2018, 03:53:26 pm »
Just a thought - but did anybody see Jamie Carragher carrying any bottles before the match ?

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1205 on: April 5, 2018, 03:56:59 pm »
Really brilliant performance last night. We always have goals in us, but to come away with 3 and to keep a clean sheet - fantastic job.

Big shout out to Trent. A lot of us were worries about him for this game and it is clear City targeted him but easily our best player out there. He won his battle and won it comfortably. Hope he takes a lot from that performance going into the second leg.

Thought the passing was a little off last night - Milner, Salah and even VVD all guilty of it at times, but we were clinical and whilst we didn't have much of the ball overall, when we did have it we punished them.

Given ourselves a really good chance to progress. It will be a really difficult game - more pressure than this game as they will be the underdogs. But we have to fancy ourselves to score there, to be sensible and be prepared to have little possession but when we do have it, to be brave and strong and take our chances. The tie isn't over by any means, we need another massive 90 minutes there.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1206 on: April 5, 2018, 03:57:09 pm »
They need to sell out the ground first - lots of reds have bought tickets I think.

And they want to expand their stadium :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1207 on: April 5, 2018, 03:57:19 pm »
Rio a bit contradictory at times but you get the feeling they actually enjoy football, and have won something. Unlike Shearer and Murphy and the other non entities on BBC

Frank looked like he was having bad flashbacks when the crowd got going though. 2005 again

Absolutely mate, you don't always agree with them but they don't push agendas as much as the likes of Murphy or Shearer as you mention. They love the game. I said in the Ray Wilkins thread (RIP) the other day that I liked his punditry for that reason too. Yeah he was very pro-England and inward-looking but you could see that he would be great to talk about football over a pint with, whereas some pundits just moan and chat absolute bollocks and don't sometimes seem to be enjoying it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1209 on: April 5, 2018, 04:04:36 pm »
A bit of a sidenote, but I think Stevie, Lampard and Ferdinand dovetail quite well in the studio.

Up against, Shearer, Savage and Murphy on the beeb. mmm..........too close to call
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1210 on: April 5, 2018, 04:10:41 pm »
Yeah, that was alright that wasn't it?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #1211 on: April 5, 2018, 04:12:05 pm »
I thought we said no more posts about the bus.
:)))

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: April 5, 2018, 04:27:04 pm »
Only five more sleeps to go.

Nervous already haha.

Weirdly wasn't till a few hours before yesterday. Now we're 3 up, it's like expectations have risen. It's far from over either an early goal, sending off changes it all. Just want the match now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: April 5, 2018, 04:28:59 pm »
Amazing. The way that Klopp and his team have taken Pep Guardiola’s style of football, the technical and tactical blueprint that won 2 European Cups in 3 years at Barcelona and has set Manchester City on course for 100+ points and goals this season, and turned it from a virtue into a curse is simply amazing.

During the first half last night, and throughout the 4-3 League win at the same ground in January, City’s attempts to play football their way often resembled someone slowly sinking in quicksand — the more they struggled, the worse their situation became. And by the time Andy Robertson burst into the box at 3-0, having slalomed his way down the entire right-hand side of City’s midfield and defence, they were up to their collective neck in it. Their coach’s doctrine, as well as their very nature as footballers, suddenly became the enemy; in passing the ball, they were merely positioning themselves exactly where Liverpool wanted them. And even as they appeared to exert control of the game in the second half, it would still be true to say that this was a manifestation of Liverpool’s will rather than their own.

The temptation for assorted media pundits and “experts”, as is so often the case, as it was throughout the club’s run to its last European Cup victory in 2005, will be to attribute the events of last night to the shortcomings of the hyped pre-match favourites, and City certainly made mistakes in their approach to the game. However, those mistakes still needed to be punished, and they were, mercilessly, to an extent that wasn’t limited to the goals that Liverpool scored — the decision to target Trent Alexander-Arnold, for example, was punished too, in this case by the assured performance of the player himself.

Excluding the Champions League dead rubbers against Shaktar and Basel, City have only lost 3 games this season and 2 of those were against Liverpool. Last night the home side took it in turns to first make them look like a disorganised rabble, then utterly toothless, but they are neither toothless nor disorganised. Liverpool are alone this season in making the best, most expensive team in England look ordinary, and the fact that Guardiola has now won only 1 of 5 against Klopp since his arrival in England, and that the German has the best record of all managers against him, means that none of this can be seen as a mere coincidence.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #1214 on: April 5, 2018, 04:31:15 pm »
I thought everything about yesterday was spot on. And I do mean EVERYTHING.  ;) ;D
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: April 5, 2018, 04:32:46 pm »
Nervous already haha.

Weirdly wasn't till a few hours before yesterday. Now we're 3 up, it's like expectations have risen. It's far from over either an early goal, sending off changes it all. Just want the match now.

Yea I agree, what suits us is that they can't alter how they approach the game, they will have to attack, so that will always leave them vulnerable.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1216 on: April 5, 2018, 04:37:53 pm »
I think it would be mildly entertaining to be beaten 2-0 there. Decisions against us, the faint murmur of their fans in the background throughout, our players saying "did you see their 19 fans shouting at our bus?". Qualified.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: April 5, 2018, 04:40:54 pm »
I think it would be mildly entertaining to be beaten 2-0 there. Decisions against us, the faint murmur of their fans in the background throughout, our players saying "did you see their 19 fans shouting at our bus?". Qualified.

No thank you. my heart couldn't take that.

I'll take a nice 2-2 draw.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1218 on: April 5, 2018, 04:41:53 pm »
After LIverpool's amazing welcome for their team:

City plan to welcome their team to the pitch with canapes and a nice glass of Chablis:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1219 on: April 5, 2018, 04:55:07 pm »
We have a fantastic result and then these drunken louts blacken the name of our club. The organisers of the "welcome" must be very proud. It is so sad to read people who dismiss this vile attack as something minor. It is not. it is a disgrace. It shames our club, which deserves far, far better, and it is not as though there haven't been enough incidents around Liverpool in the past. After what should have been one of the greatest nights in his career, Klopp must despair, which is probably why he was so downbeat last night after the match. He must have known our win would be overshadowed by this disgusting mob. Now he is probably wondering whether he should take the Bayern job and no one can blame him if he does. Their fans know how to behave, unlike the rabble outside Anfield.

Could you please explain your lack of posts mate ?

Your last posts before today's nonsense was 6 years ago criticizing Suarez's behaviour.

Did you lose your login details or do you only come on here to attack the Club, it's players and it's supporters when high profile events take place.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: April 5, 2018, 05:00:16 pm »
Nervous already haha.

The fuck is wrong with you? You've been saying the same bullshit since last night. If I or anyone else want's to get over confident, so be it. Stop fucking telling others how we should react after a result like last night's.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: April 5, 2018, 05:04:06 pm »
If anyone sees a gif of that turn Ox did - please share.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #1222 on: April 5, 2018, 05:05:27 pm »
If anyone sees a gif of that turn Ox did - please share.

I'll make one later and throw it up somewhere for you if one doesn't appear.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1223 on: April 5, 2018, 05:05:49 pm »
Could you please explain your lack of posts....
Well after his last one the lack of posts will be very easily explained.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: April 5, 2018, 05:09:51 pm »
Think it speaks volumes about the media that we've got more attention over a few thrown cans than the England fans did for their behaviour a few weeks back  ::)

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: April 5, 2018, 05:14:31 pm »
I'll make one later and throw it up somewhere for you if one doesn't appear.

Thanks.
Who was the City player he turned if you remember?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #1226 on: April 5, 2018, 05:15:20 pm »
Thanks.
Who was the City player he turned if you remember?

Pretty sure it was Kompany

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: April 5, 2018, 05:16:02 pm »

:wave :wave :wave
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: April 5, 2018, 05:17:21 pm »
Pretty sure it was Kompany

Cheeky bastard :D

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1229 on: April 5, 2018, 05:18:31 pm »

;D ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1230 on: April 5, 2018, 05:22:49 pm »
And they want to expand their stadium :D

Because they sell out 19 home games every season  ;D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #1231 on: April 5, 2018, 05:28:10 pm »
Because they sell out 19 home games every season  ;D

Is it a sell out if your owner is buying the tickets?  ;D

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1232 on: April 5, 2018, 05:30:48 pm »
Is it a sell out if your owner is buying the tickets?  ;D

By that logic he gets to keep half of the plastic flags too!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1233 on: April 5, 2018, 05:31:59 pm »
For a "coaching genius" Pep really fucked this tie both pregame and during the game....which is pretty funny

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: April 5, 2018, 05:34:07 pm »
Thought Kompany was shite last night too. I don't see any of the media describing how shakey their defense was.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1235 on: April 5, 2018, 05:35:28 pm »
Thought Kompany was shite last night too. I don't see any of the media describing how shakey their defense was.

Couldn't agree more - all 4 of their back line looked close to incompetent every time they were attacked.
They're an elite team going forward but not much evidence their defence is close to that level

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: April 5, 2018, 05:37:11 pm »
Couldn't agree more - all 4 of their back line looked close to incompetent every time they were attacked.
They're an elite team going forward but not much evidence their defence is close to that level

and because the league doesn't have players like we do going forward, they aren't tested to the level that we test them at.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1237 on: April 5, 2018, 05:38:53 pm »
Loved the way we shattered the myths surrounding City last night. That Pep always stuck to his principles and just ignored the opposition. First half they packed the midfield and looked to go long. That Ederson couldn't be forced into kicking it long, time and time again he ended up knocking it long only for VVD and Lovren to bully Jesus. The most significant though was that City are impossible to contain because of their creativity.

Shanks holy trinity of the manager, the players and the supporters left Pep and his players dazed and looking incredibly vulnerable and it was a joy to watch. The flat track bullies ended up being bullied all over the pitch. Hopefully the smashing of those myths encourages other teams to get stuck in and have a go at them. The difference between the way Everton rolled over last weekend and the way we never gave them and inch was palpable. They are still a fine side but let's see how they react to having their aura of invincibility smashed.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: April 5, 2018, 05:42:11 pm »
Another thing which is absolutely ridiculous, and laughable, is that certain media and pundits refuse to give us any credit at all, and instead just come out with the absolute bollocks of " Oh, it's not over yet. You know, that old Liverpool and their shakey defence *laughs*?"

Fuck off, ya gang of c*nts. They say this after we not only contained the so called "unstoppables" but made them look very average and restricted them to a grand total of zero shots on target. They also neglect to realise that if we score just one at theirs, and we will with our attack, they need 5! What planet are these dickheads living on? It's not the same one I live on as far as realistic football knowledge goes, and these are the so called experts of the game. I'm talking about Hargreaves, Gullit, Danny Murphy and that ballbag Joey Barton. I swear to fuck, I can't wait until that ball hits the back of the net against them next week.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1239 on: April 5, 2018, 05:48:38 pm »

Kompany has been dodgy and overrated his entire career