Author Topic: Number 7  (Read 39609 times)

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Number 7
« Reply #560 on: April 3, 2021, 02:52:41 pm »
The problem is that our defence and forward line have lost confidence this season, I don’t think the self belief is within the squad that we can win it, perhaps beating Madrid would give us the confidence? We need Mane to get back to form ASAP especially
see
If we beat Arsenal today then that would give the team a much needed boost going into the Real Madrid game. I can it being close over the 2 games with or without injuries.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: April 3, 2021, 03:08:41 pm »
Real Madrid kicking off shortly against struggling Eibar. Not sure how strong they’ve gone but Varane and Kroos are on the bench.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: April 3, 2021, 04:44:14 pm »
The problem is that our defence and forward line have lost confidence this season, I don’t think the self belief is within the squad that we can win it, perhaps beating Madrid would give us the confidence? We need Mane to get back to form ASAP especially

It’s worth noting that Leipzig are no mugs (only 4 points behind Bayern) and we absolutely twatted them over two legs.

Granted Leipzig played into our hands a bit, but I think it’s a mistake to overlook the significance of that result, Leipzig could quite easily have been a tricky tie and they likely would have been for Chelsea (and we’re for United.)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #563 on: April 3, 2021, 07:47:44 pm »
I think that the confidence is not an issue for our defense now. Nat and Ozan may not be the options we'd choose when everyone's fit, but they can hold their heads high with what they've done so far, Nat was chosen as a player of the month (he must be buzzing!), and they both like Fabinho in front of them, which is Nat's words "makes everything much easier" for them.

The front three are another story...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #564 on: April 13, 2021, 10:23:07 pm »
Believe
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #565 on: April 13, 2021, 11:57:54 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #566 on: April 14, 2021, 12:03:57 am »
Surely my eternal fave lone Kopite shout no matter how good a side it happens to be we're playing against. First heard it against the then World Champions Inter Milan in '65 and it opened my eyes as to what it really does mean to be a Red. The defiant innate scouseness of it never fails to charm.

" Come 'ead Reds, these are fuckin shite these"

;D

Has often worked wonders over the years. Got a hunch it'll do so again tomorrow night.  :)

I'll stick it in here too.  :)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:11:23 am by Timbo's Goals »

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #567 on: April 14, 2021, 12:08:00 am »
We are doing this.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: April 14, 2021, 12:28:39 am »

is right Timbo la, yard-dogs an' puddin's the lot 'em    ;D      :scarf

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: April 14, 2021, 02:54:00 am »

Yep. They were there for the taking at their place, so they'll be the same at ours. We just have to take our chances.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: April 14, 2021, 10:55:59 am »
It's strange. If Top 4 was a bit more of a pipe dream, I think I'd be slightly more confident in us turning it around. The Barca comeback was an excellent example of a team knowing they basically had one thing to play for (I think the Kompany-Leicester game was literally the day before) and not looking for a moment like they weren't going to pull it off. I'm still far from convinced we'll get Top 4 but now that it's back within our grasp you half wonder whether we'll get caught between two stools, as it were.

I'm obviously not trying to suggest the inverse and that Klopp will be more relaxed because of our improved league form, but it will be interesting to see just how aggressively we go at them and how early in the game we'll start pushing from.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #571 on: April 14, 2021, 01:06:51 pm »
It's strange. If Top 4 was a bit more of a pipe dream, I think I'd be slightly more confident in us turning it around. The Barca comeback was an excellent example of a team knowing they basically had one thing to play for (I think the Kompany-Leicester game was literally the day before) and not looking for a moment like they weren't going to pull it off. I'm still far from convinced we'll get Top 4 but now that it's back within our grasp you half wonder whether we'll get caught between two stools, as it were.

I'm obviously not trying to suggest the inverse and that Klopp will be more relaxed because of our improved league form, but it will be interesting to see just how aggressively we go at them and how early in the game we'll start pushing from.

Yep, a few weeks ago it was looking more and more like top 4 was basically going to be beyond our grasp. Points wise it was never a disaster but with the way we were playing it looked like soon there would basically be no chance. 9 points from Wolves, Arsenal and Villa is a lovely return and has given us more than a fighting chance. If we go out tonight at least we have something to push ourselves towards in the last 6 weeks or so of the season, but if we do go out, hopefully it doesn't knock the players down another level, because going out is certainly a shite feeling.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #572 on: April 14, 2021, 01:08:16 pm »
I reckon we worry about that in the morning ;D

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: April 15, 2021, 06:30:59 am »
Oh well, No.7 will have to be delayed by a year. So be it.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: April 15, 2021, 10:28:45 am »
I think that the confidence is not an issue for our defense now. Nat and Ozan may not be the options we'd choose when everyone's fit, but they can hold their heads high with what they've done so far, Nat was chosen as a player of the month (he must be buzzing!), and they both like Fabinho in front of them, which is Nat's words "makes everything much easier" for them.

The front three are another story...

Came down to poor finishing which stems from confidence, we created plenty chances to score two goals but missed a clinical edge

Midfield was better than Madrid away (low bar) but it’s probably the area that has the opportunity to make the biggest difference, if we had a real goal threat it would open up more chances for the forwards and we definitely need another quality forward-

So at least 4 new signings:

Kabak
Konate
AM
FWD