Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 597484 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #10600 on: November 29, 2023, 12:02:56 am »
Lol. Is that actually a rumour?

I can’t imagine that’s true, but then again stuff like that happens.  Wasn’t there something with frank lampard, John terry and wives?  Also michael Jordan’s ex wife and Scottie pippen’s son or something?

yep!

But nope, not true. Blackhawks wont say what has happened, it was broached in a press conference tonight with Kyle Davidson, the GM, but he did confirm it was nothing to do with players or families.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10601 on: November 29, 2023, 12:24:41 am »
yep!

But nope, not true. Blackhawks wont say what has happened, it was broached in a press conference tonight with Kyle Davidson, the GM, but he did confirm it was nothing to do with players or families.
Hockey scandals are class. My local team the Belfast giants had two high profile players cut last year for riding other players wives  ;D
YNWA

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #10602 on: February 2, 2024, 06:16:10 pm »
Kings letting go of Todd McLellan wasn't really a surprise. Just a shame that a season that started with so much promise is now on the verge of being a total disaster.

I guess they felt they had to do something before it completely derails, hoping for a spark.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10603 on: February 2, 2024, 08:04:34 pm »
Some good news, according to ESPN the NHL is sending its players back to the Winter Olympics for the first time since 2014.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10604 on: March 4, 2024, 03:23:51 pm »
New York Rangers have a new young guy, Matt Rempe, who is 6  ft 8. He made his debut at the Stadium Series game against the Isleanders a couple of weeks ago. I think he has had a punch up in every game he's played in so far. Seems a good chap to have on your side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3XZkWInSVg

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10605 on: March 4, 2024, 04:51:07 pm »
New York Rangers have a new young guy, Matt Rempe, who is 6  ft 8. He made his debut at the Stadium Series game against the Isleanders a couple of weeks ago. I think he has had a punch up in every game he's played in so far. Seems a good chap to have on your side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3XZkWInSVg

yeah Remps is a lot of fun! Comes across very well in his interviews too.
He just needs to make sure not to get into too many fights :lmao  There has been one game he’s not fought in.

The one against Reaves the other night, he looked to the bench for permission to fight, which he got  ;D  His reach is unreal.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #10606 on: April 4, 2024, 11:41:36 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/phGAeWcsSw8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/phGAeWcsSw8</a>

Drop the puck, start the fight.

Gotta luv the NHL.
Kill the humourless

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10607 on: April 4, 2024, 01:00:49 pm »

The lad is unhinged.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10608 on: April 4, 2024, 01:01:55 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/phGAeWcsSw8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/phGAeWcsSw8</a>

Drop the puck, start the fight.

Gotta luv the NHL.

Looked like a scene from season 3 of Shoresy... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10609 on: April 4, 2024, 01:28:54 pm »
that was hilarious last night :lmao

Although what awful directing from MSG (the tv company, not the arena) to not go to an overhead shot. Didn’t even know it was an actual line-brawl till about half way in!

8 players ejected 2 seconds into a game, just mad. Lots of ice time logged by the rest of the players last night!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #10610 on: April 11, 2024, 02:01:10 am »
Looks like the Coyotes could be abruptly packing up and movong to Utah

Online Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #10611 on: April 11, 2024, 02:25:34 am »
Looks like the Coyotes could be abruptly packing up and movong to Utah

Due to issues with the proposed new arena, the arena the Coyotes are currently playing in is a college arena that only holds 5k, the Coyotes owner has plans to build a new arena in Phoenix, but the league are not confident it'll happen, so are forcing the issue.

#Sausages

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10612 on: April 11, 2024, 01:18:59 pm »
Hasn't this been a complete shitshow for a while now? They released a video last week with a proposed new arena. Next day the mayor of Phoenix said that they do not have the necessary infrastructure in that area to support such a massive ice rink.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10613 on: April 11, 2024, 01:58:53 pm »
Hasn't this been a complete shitshow for a while now? They released a video last week with a proposed new arena. Next day the mayor of Phoenix said that they do not have the necessary infrastructure in that area to support such a massive ice rink.

And all because of that prick Gary Bettman’s ego. 

That team should have never been put there in the first place.  It’s been a shitshow from the start.

Online Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #10614 on: April 11, 2024, 03:30:44 pm »
Their are a couple of arenas suitable for NHL in the Phoenix area for the Coyotes, one they used to play in in Glendale, they moved out of the one in Glendale a couple of years ago due to losing money when the Coyotes played there, another one Footprint Center where the NBA franchise the Suns play, the Coyotes did play in that arena before moving to Glendale.

Apparently the Coyotes owner doesn't own land for the proposed new arena, the land is up for auction, so the owner not guaranteed to win it.
#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #10615 on: April 11, 2024, 05:39:07 pm »
And all because of that prick Gary Bettman’s ego. 

That team should have never been put there in the first place.  It’s been a shitshow from the start.

Yep. It should have moved a long time ago.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10616 on: April 12, 2024, 01:25:57 pm »
But how about that playoff race in the East, eh? The Flyers decided that they weren't interested in a playoff spot after all.

I'm not his biggest fan, but if Crosby gets a last shot at a Stanley Cup, I will not be offended. Would love for Ovi to get another chance, but I cannot imagine the Capitals getting through the first round.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10617 on: April 12, 2024, 10:49:17 pm »
There is nothing like the NHL playoffs. Nothing.

I watch all sorts of sports in addition to footy: NFL, NBA, MLB and by far and away the most grueling, brutal cup to win is the Stanley cup.

I've never seen a winner and thought "jammy bastards, got lucky there". To lift that thing means you had to come a long, long way.

Can't wait.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10618 on: April 13, 2024, 04:03:55 pm »
But how about that playoff race in the East, eh? The Flyers decided that they weren't interested in a playoff spot after all.

I'm not his biggest fan, but if Crosby gets a last shot at a Stanley Cup, I will not be offended. Would love for Ovi to get another chance, but I cannot imagine the Capitals getting through the first round.

Their victory against the Rangers kept them in with a chance still. 2 out of Islanders, Penguins, Capitals, Red Wings and Flyers will make it and it's still up for grabs.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10619 on: April 13, 2024, 10:01:37 pm »
How much of a farce is that Arizona story. Even thought it’s pretty much confirmed they are going to Utah, still the talk as to how they plan to put an NHL team back there in the near future. I mean, for fuck sakes! Leave it be! It’s never worked. It’s a Bettman fantasy. There isn’t a need to force a sport on places that don't want it. Sooner Bettman goes the better, he’s an awful commissioner, and fuck knows how he’s tolerated.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #10620 on: April 14, 2024, 11:52:38 am »
How much of a farce is that Arizona story. Even thought it’s pretty much confirmed they are going to Utah, still the talk as to how they plan to put an NHL team back there in the near future. I mean, for fuck sakes! Leave it be! It’s never worked. It’s a Bettman fantasy. There isn’t a need to force a sport on places that don't want it. Sooner Bettman goes the better, he’s an awful commissioner, and fuck knows how he’s tolerated.

They've had so many opportunities to move it over the years - Quebec City, Seattle etc. - and yet he stubbornly has resisted. They should have relocated 10+ years ago. The moment they considered moving nto a college arena, the plug should have been pulled.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10621 on: April 14, 2024, 01:10:23 pm »
The east race still is ongoing. This could very well go to the final day.